PDA

View Full Version : Sound and Music Problems

brianthedog
30th Aug 2008, 14:10
I have two problems concerning the music and the soundsin the level editor.

First of all, when I try to import an object with the wad merger, the sounds won't change. For example I used Chris Redfield instead of Lara in my level, but the voice wouldn't change, and it sounded quite gay...LOL. Seriously, I have the sound files with Chris' voice effects, but I don't know what to do with them. This happens with all the objects that don't belong to the original wads that were included in the installation pack...

My second and last question reffers to music background. I know there are programs to convert music to TR compatible files, but I need a program that runs on (my favorite, very practical and with no compatibility problems) Windows Vista. I hope a manual file is included, so I don't have to post another thread:mad2: :nut: !!

I thank enyone who can help in advance....

Driber
31st Aug 2008, 12:37
first q: the sound files you got need to be placed in the TRLE\sound\Samples folder (make sure it overwrites the files there!). then just convert your level and you should hear the new sounds

second q: on vista you can use Sound Recorder to open .wav files and convert them to TRLE compatible files.
for more advanced editing I'd suggest Cool Edit Pro or Goldwave. do a quick google search for those programs

brianthedog
1st Sep 2008, 11:47
I feel so stupid, the sound thing is too easy...!! Yeah, it just didn't cross my mind. As for the music, it is a .wav file, so I guess there is nothing more about it... It's just that a read a thread and they made it sound very complicated... Thanks!!

Driber
5th Sep 2008, 07:48
you're welcome

and when you're doing looping background audio, make sure you add a second or two of silence at the end of it, or else in-game the audio gets cut-off a bit in the end

I guess this is a no-brainer, but not everyone seems to be able to think of this. I have played several custom levels that have this problem.