PDA

View Full Version : Help - TRSearch HQ

Lo
29th Aug 2008, 14:05
Hello everybody!

I've finally discovered the absolute joys of TRSearch HQ, which begins in Croft Manor at Christmas time and progresses to some of the most stunning and realistic locations/environments I've ever had the pleasure to play.

However, there doesn't seem to be a walkthrough as yet if my search is anything to go by.

I'm stuck in "The Village - Western Section". I have entered the crazy woman's house and pulled a few switches and now I'm exiting via the parking area where the yellow jeep is (now that the gates have opened). I presume, as I can't get Lara to hop into said jeep, that I require a key from somewhere.

I have a map of sorts and I think I know what I have to do and where I have to do it but I have a feeling I need that jeep!! It's clearly not meant to be driven yet seeing as you can jump Lara into it as a set piece and she'll stand inside it. It's obviously just a graphic at the moment...

Without too much help but just a clue of sorts, can anybody point me in the right direction? The crazy woman is pounding her mop on the floor costing me a lot of health but I've been all around the village and in all the rooms of her house and as far as I can see, I have done all there is to do.

Spoiler:

I think I need to move those snowballs where that man was digging as they seem to be blocking something according to the map. I can't see a way into the factory without getting blown up. The gun turret fries my bones if I exit the house via the front door and the old woman is seemingly untouchable. I have tried getting her in front of that turret but it won't touch her - is she destructible? Have I overlooked a key to the jeep in one of the rooms?

Many thanks if anyone can assist me! :)

Mr Croft
29th Aug 2008, 14:49
Hi sorry but i cant help you with that.
But i ned help from you.How can i play custom levels?
I have TRLE for Vista.Can you help me?

Lo
29th Aug 2008, 15:22
Hi sorry but i cant help you with that.
But i ned help from you.How can i play custom levels?
I have TRLE for Vista.Can you help me?

Hi Mr Croft,

I had all my custom levels downloaded and put on to disk by member Spong but I cannot recall where he downloaded them from :o I'll get in touch with Spong and alert him to the thread or maybe he'll tell me where to go for them.

I'll do this now and if I can't get in touch immediately, expect a reply within 24 hrs :)

GeorgeMaciver
29th Aug 2008, 15:25
Here is a walkthrough Lo!

http://www.skribblerz.com/Reports3/HQEmergencyWalk.htm

Mr Croft
29th Aug 2008, 15:29
Hi Mr Croft,

I had all my custom levels downloaded and put on to disk by member Spong but I cannot recall where he downloaded them from :o I'll get in touch with Spong and alert him to the thread or maybe he'll tell me where to go for them.

I'll do this now and if I can't get in touch immediately, expect a reply within 24 hrs :)

Thanks, really :)

Rexie
29th Aug 2008, 15:31
I am still stuck at the manor >:O

Good luck with the rest of the game :thumbsup:

Spong
29th Aug 2008, 15:50
Hi Mr Croft,

If you're after custom levels go to TRLE.net (http://trle.net), there's literally thousands there to download (from single levels to entire games).

But getting them working is a little more tricky. You won't be able to play what you download straight away. What I did for Lo was to create seperate games that run straight out of their folders.
The easiest solution for you is to go to the Tomb Raider Level Editor Tools (http://www.skribblerz.com/editortools.htm) page of Skribblerz.com and download the "Tomb Raider Level Manager" (v1.4 by Paolone). That piece of software will install adn run any custom levels you download.

;)

And thank Lo for getting in touch with me, I wouldn't have replied for hours otherwise.

Mr Croft
29th Aug 2008, 17:43
Really thanks guys.
Thank you.
And again, thanks.:D
Sorry if i bothered you.

GeorgeMaciver
29th Aug 2008, 21:55
No bother at all Mr Croft, there is even a tutorial you may find useful :D

http://www.skribblerz.com/startingtut.htm

Driber
30th Aug 2008, 08:10
trle.net has walkthroughs for nearly all custom levels (just not the ones released in the past week or so)

just go to http://www.trle.net/reviewsearch/search.php and type in the name of the level and click on the link "walkthru"

I'm stuck in "The Village - Western Section". I have entered the crazy woman's house and pulled a few switches and now I'm exiting via the parking area where the yellow jeep is (now that the gates have opened). I presume, as I can't get Lara to hop into said jeep, that I require a key from somewhere.

make sure you check every room in the house. near the entrance (where the gun starts shooting you) there is a door on the leftside. you probably missed that one.

Lo
30th Aug 2008, 08:21
Thank you so much George and Driber for the information. It's greatly appreciated so thanks for your time.

Mr Croft, good luck and have much fun with the TR:LE goodies!

Spong, thank you for coming to our aid :D

Lo
3rd Sep 2008, 11:36
trle.net has walkthroughs for nearly all custom levels (just not the ones released in the past week or so)

just go to http://www.trle.net/reviewsearch/search.php and type in the name of the level and click on the link "walkthru"

make sure you check every room in the house. near the entrance (where the gun starts shooting you) there is a door on the leftside. you probably missed that one.

Incidentally, you were right on the money there Driber.

I had been in said room and threw the wall lever above the door but had not thought to check everywhere ;) I have now collected the items required, and driven the jeep into the next area.

I probably used around three mini medipacks though in that one room. I should have coaxed Agathar out onto the lawns first instead of having her shadow me in the house!

Rexie, good luck to you too! The levels get really quite stunning. I hope you managed to find your way out of the manor :thumbsup:

Mr Croft
3rd Sep 2008, 11:49
No bother at all Mr Croft, there is even a tutorial you may find useful :D

http://www.skribblerz.com/startingtut.htm

Thanks GeorgeMaciver.
But i have a problem with some levels. The ones that don't bring the tomb4.exe. And I download it from "your website" and then put it on the folder of the game.And then clicked and it appears the game. But then bam:( it closes and it says that it stoped working. Can you help me?

And i am already at the Lab.:D

GeorgeMaciver
3rd Sep 2008, 12:37
Hi Mr Croft, those old games were not designed to run from the download folders. You have to set them up and play them from the Level Editor or using The Level Manager. Each game should come with installation instructions included.

:)

Mr Croft
3rd Sep 2008, 13:08
Ok thanks for the help.
BTW in your game "Flashback" in the first level, i can't deactivate the green spikes.I've put the crate in the tile on the floor. What sould i do?
Thanks again ;) :)

Mr Croft
3rd Sep 2008, 15:34
Can anyone help me?

GeorgeMaciver
3rd Sep 2008, 15:57
The crate only deactivates one of the spikes. Go and take a look and you'll get the skull :D

Mr Croft
3rd Sep 2008, 15:59
Ok thanks.

Lo
18th Sep 2008, 21:14
Oh I've totally given up on TRSearch HQ :o

I'm on this level stuck in a room with a designated pattern of individual computer screens to fire out but they don't always shatter in the same place (Using laser sights now). I waste about 6 precious shots, figure out the target's "Hotspot", reload only to find the "Hotspot" is no longer valid..it's moved! DUN DUN...DUNNNN :lol:

To top it all, whenever I DO actually manage to shatter a screen on my first shot, this triggers an enemy - as it does every time you shoot out a screen -and also there are corkscrew devices descending from the ceiling, not to mention tiles with fire to avoid.

It's a real shame, I read George's walkthrough link and they said it wasn't going to be easy but I find it nigh-on impossible due to the lack of healthpacks I have left. I was really enjoying it up until this point but I have no stamina for these complex scenarios.

It's not my reaction speed (I am a top scorer on Bejewelled :D ), but maybe it's my patience that is limited and there's no walkthrough to cure that! :lol:

But I am finding this in a few custom levels - some are just too problematic and overly-crammed with too many difficult or just frustrating challenges in quick succession, ergo eliminating any prospect of a five minute adventure. You walk five paces and get crushed by a boulder, killed by something, poisoned by a Triphid or set alight by a lava puddle.

Maybe I should go back to playing Hugo games... :D

GeorgeMaciver
19th Sep 2008, 07:43
Don't worry, I gave up on it too, long before that part as well. I've no time for ridiculously difficult challenges that require a few hundred reloads (think Great pyramind in TRA - I used a cheat :D ) :eek:

Driber
20th Sep 2008, 08:44
I found that boss rather easy, actually. The screens on the bottom rows are easily shootable by normal guns. Just the ones at the top require aimed shots. You shouldn't have to waste revolver ammo, because you can also do it with normal crossbow ammo, which you should have plenty of (if you didn't unload your crossbow right after collecting the ammo :D)

I keep an archive of many savegames of every custom level I play, so if you want, I can send you a savegame of just after defeating that boss. Just PM me your e-mail address if you want it.

I would really recommend you to play on, if only to see the ultimate end boss, that's really something beautiful to not miss ;)

If this one was too difficult for you, I would definitely NOT recommend Revenge of Osiris :D
There is an end-boss which is really hard and it took me some time to beat him.
That boss was clearly inspired by the Final Fantasy series, which is famous for it's long cinematic fights with powerful end bosses.

I like difficult bosses. Especially at the end of long games. Even when they are frustrating, it's much more rewarding than an ending where Lara just slides down a slope and you go back to the title screen.

Lo
20th Sep 2008, 14:38
Hi both,

Thanks for the replies and, thanks Driber for the offer of a savegame! I might take you up on that. Funny, I was thinking in bed the other night if it were possible to shoot out the lower screens with ordinary pistols. I suppose it's better to do the top row first so she can then side-jump back and forth to finish off the bottom ones while firing continuously with her pistols and hopefully avoiding the enemy fire.

I'll have another go first before admitting total defeat!

@ George. I haven't got past level two on Anniversary so am dreading that level if I ever get that far! Can you recall where you gave up on TRSearch HQ? I'm pleased I'm not the only Raider who loathes ridiculously difficult challenges. For me it mars my enjoyment.

Examples of games with JUST enough challenge coupled with great exploration potential would be perhaps TR2 (although I cheat in The Dragon's Lair :D ), and TR3's add-on, The Lost Artefact. I only finished TR3 itself once because I found Dr. Willard ridiculously hard. I managed it once - I kept on with it because I had all the secrets and wanted to get to play the bonus level, All Hallows.

But...I'm not altogether convinced it was worth the effort :whistle: :(

Thanks again, guys! ;)