PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Server browser, locked lobbies, randomize teams button

Oroibahazopi
11th Jan 2014, 02:55
I want to PUG with people who can actually shoot and keep their k/d ratio over 1/10, forget matchmaking in PUBs.

Kuro1n
11th Jan 2014, 03:05
Please, some kind of server browser would be really great. In tribes they implemented this waaaaaay waaay too late.

Oroibahazopi
11th Jan 2014, 12:32
Yep if only the T:A forums still existed, you could see 6+ months of community backlash about the lack of a browser.

I'd like to clarify though, it's not that I'm finding myself in mismatched games where one team stomps the other, it's that I don't want to be paired with these people at all ever. Even if the teams are "balanced".

I also want to PUG, we have a bunch of players who just want to play together. New balance and bug discoveries would be plentiful if we could play like that. And it'd take the "pr0++" players out of the PUB pool making the experience better for the newbs.

blincoln
11th Jan 2014, 19:19
I would definitely like a "randomize teams" function, so that if you have the same people playing against each other over and over, the teams get shuffled around. I guess you'd have to set it up so that all players have to click it for it to activate, or you'd have griefers clicking it over and over again just to be annoying.

Private lobbies or the ability to reliably set up matches between friends in some other way would be great - some of mine are in Europe, and the windows in which we're all online are pretty small, so it would be nice to be able to make sure we actually get into a game together.

I don't dislike the other suggestions, but I wouldn't use them myself, and I wouldn't use the private lobby very frequently. I play this game to have fun, so I'm fine being on a team with newbies. I don't really care if I win or not other than that it means unlocking equipment faster :).