PDA

View Full Version : MISC. First Impressions

FlareXIV
11th Jan 2014, 01:51
Overall from the games I've played so far this game has the potential to be very fun and addicting. Currently my biggest complaints are the large queue times to get in game. (which could easily be fixed by letting more players in) Second complaint is the Sentinels, the flying mechanics don't seem very fluid and its hit or miss trying to take off.

Will be back later with more feedback if I can ever get another 7 people in queue with me. >.<

Feel free to post your own first impressions as well!

Thomas_Hawk
12th Jan 2014, 06:50
Server population problem isn't actually problem, it's supposed to be this way because of alpha test stage. Alpha test is more about testing than playing :)
People mostly playing at night, so don't miss it ;)
About Sentinel:
You need time to learn it(maybe not, but i just get it how to play sentinel after playing 7-10 matches).

cmstache
12th Jan 2014, 14:10
It takes a while to play the sent. It took me somewhere between 10-15 matches to get halfway consistent with grabs without landing and another 25 or so to be any good at all vs decent players. It just kinda clicked one day.

Lirra666
12th Jan 2014, 17:52
My first impression. Dark, gothic, bloody... Well you pulled that off really well. Currently I love playing but yeah too few people are on, but I'll try playing later at night. There are a few glitches and hang ups that make me want to strangle someone. Like the combat speed, but most of those 'speed' issues are actually me just being a little off the ground while trying to use a skill,(Ie, sentinels knockback skill). And I've run into a fair share of trolls, basically a sentinels sweeping down grabbing and bashing against a low wall gets me stuck in falling animation, and unable to move until I'm knocked down(probably wrong thread for that). Overall I like the game and I'm eager to see just where it goes from here.

I have one infuriating peeve about this game at the moment, arrows have zero travel time, or next to none, I keep aiming infront of sentinels while they're in air! DX

Aust121
13th Jan 2014, 08:35
The concept is great with the time line in Nosgoth's history the difference in how a group of humans have to work together and vampires is really well done it gives the humans a feel of needing to watch out for each other while the vampires work like a pack of wolves to pick the right targets. My only issue with the game and I'm sure there is a reason for it, is why the Reaver is a part of clan Duma when in LoK Soul Reaver his clan ended up more like the tyrant class the ambush style of leaping from a roof feels more like Zephon's clan evolution.

Razaiim
13th Jan 2014, 16:35
The concept is great with the time line in Nosgoth's history the difference in how a group of humans have to work together and vampires is really well done it gives the humans a feel of needing to watch out for each other while the vampires work like a pack of wolves to pick the right targets. My only issue with the game and I'm sure there is a reason for it, is why the Reaver is a part of clan Duma when in LoK Soul Reaver his clan ended up more like the tyrant class the ambush style of leaping from a roof feels more like Zephon's clan evolution.

I just picked up soul reaver on PSN so nostalgia longing aside: I think they nailed the dumahim, they were meant to be precise and more tactical warriors. The only thing I feel that detracts from it is their wide and wild sweeping attacks. Everything else fits.
The turelim are great, (I just encountered my first turelim). They even sound similar.