PDA

View Full Version : How did you first hear about Tomb Raider?

Kara Croft
25th Aug 2008, 17:43
Now it has been with us for years, but how did you hear about it? I heard about it from my friend, who when we were in school played the first game and she got me into it when I played it at her house, then I went out and bought it, so I could play it at home:p If it weren't for her, I probs wouldn't have gotten into it. I am greatful for playing it round her house:rolleyes: But she kept scaring me about the T-Rex part!!!!!!!

leanna
25th Aug 2008, 17:59
I didn't hear, I saw! :p One of my brothers used to play Tomb Raider 1 and I used to stand next to him, watching him playing! :D I was always asking him to let me play! :nut:

Rexie
25th Aug 2008, 18:01
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j215/aussie500/Tomb%201/th_OfficialSegaSaturnMagazine010-001.jpg

xXxN@0M!3xXx
25th Aug 2008, 18:17
my father installed it for no reason. it just seemed to be fun (tomb raider 3), so then my sister (annebelle) tried it out.. and i watched and it was a lot of fun

Ben-Raider
25th Aug 2008, 18:32
one of my mums friends played it when we rented tomb raider from a video store, i watched them play it

crazyraider-147
25th Aug 2008, 18:49
my sister played tr 2 and i watched :D

markd12
25th Aug 2008, 19:00
I got TR1 for christmas along with my ps1 play every game since

lilhanhan
25th Aug 2008, 20:08
When I got my playstation, my Dad bought Tomb Raider for himself ; I needed to watch most of the time because my parents were always on it!

sophie22
26th Aug 2008, 06:04
i got it with my ps1. cant remember if ive heard of it before that but it is my most nostalgic memory of gaming!

Mr Croft
26th Aug 2008, 07:09
I have it on playstation 1.
My dad bought TR2 and then he bought TR1 :p
Tomb raider lover since that time :nut:

_Tomb_Raider_
26th Aug 2008, 07:45
In magazin it was about TR7 but (at that time) I wasn't entersting....

madamlaracroft
26th Aug 2008, 07:55
my brother's friend gave it (TR2) to HIM but he wasn't that type... and i remember how we were so much amused by the extemely long jumps Lara could make!

now im crazy for the game & my brother just gets frustated when im too excited about Lara.. :D

Vv.LadyCroft.vV
27th Aug 2008, 21:00
my brother's friend gave it (TR2) to HIM but he wasn't that type... and i remember how we were so much amused by the extemely long jumps Lara could make!

now im crazy for the game & my brother just gets frustated when im too excited about Lara.. :D

The same as me. But for me it was TR3.

razorjack
28th Aug 2008, 11:49
Hi, I'm new on this forum, thought this thread would be a nice place for the first post! :)
I was introduced to Tomb Raider in 1999, after TRL was released. A friend gave me a copy, because I just got a new PC but didn't have any new games to play, and he said I'd love it (even though I was more into first-person shooters). Well, he was right!
Must confess that I didn't buy it back then, but when the Collection (1-6) was released in 2006, I picked that up.
I haven't played all parts, but Legend and Anniversary are my favorites.

josh1122
28th Aug 2008, 11:55
I never even heard of the game at the time I got it. I was at Home Depot(yes home depot) back in 1996 and its the one and only time ive seen a home depot sell PC games. But anyhow. I was looking through the games and such(heck they even had Descent if anyone else has heard of it) and I saw a game called Tomb Raider in a pyramid type box and asked my grandma(who i lived with) If I could get the game.i was 10 almost 11 back then and she let me buy it and i went home and installed it on my PC.

Long story short. I've been playing the entire series since then :thumbsup:

Jurre
28th Aug 2008, 14:28
First time for me was when I saw the cover of a popular science magazine. It said: 'Who is Lara Croft?' with a picture of her. That would be around 1996/7, at the time I didn't know and didn't care.

TwinPistols
29th Aug 2008, 16:24
When I was six me and my sister borrowed my cousin's TR3. My sister played and i watched. Later we played Tr1 from other cousin. I loved it but it was very hard for me to play it.

When Legend was released I was 13, I read about it in a games magazine, bought it and I loved it. since then I'm trying to buy all the TR games, but I can't find all of them.:(

Lara_Super_Fan
29th Aug 2008, 16:41
It was my first EVER video game! It's like, I'm destined to play TR! I'm so glad I did! :D :)

Now, I'm a collector of Trs, And i couldn't be happier!

Rexie
29th Aug 2008, 16:57
When I was six me and my sister borrowed my cousin's TR3. My sister played and i watched. Later we played Tr1 from other cousin. I loved it but it was very hard for me to play it.

When Legend was released I was 13, I read about it in a games magazine, bought it and I loved it. since then I'm trying to buy all the TR games, but I can't find all of them.:(

eBay?

josh1122
29th Aug 2008, 17:12
Ebay,Amazon,Craigslist? someone out there has them

blonde croft
29th Aug 2008, 17:14
Play.com! best one ever i think!;)

annebelle86
29th Aug 2008, 19:28
first time i played it was at my cousins, that was tomb raider 2 and 1 (in that order) i found it too hard at the time, so never played it after, and then years later:

my father installed it for no reason. it just seemed to be fun (tomb raider 3), so then my sister (annebelle) tried it out.. and i watched and it was a lot of fun

(her sister (annebelle) would be me;))

Laura Croft
2nd Sep 2008, 13:13
My mum and dad were shopping in PC World because they were planning to buy a new PC for Christmas. At the front of the shop playing on a computer monitor was Tomb Raider 1, so while my parents spent and hour or two looking for the right PC for them, I spent the entire time watching this demo. Later, when we were leaving, I said to my dad that I wanted "the running, jumping and swimming lady game". I was 7. That Christmas, I got TR1 and TR2 to play on the new PC. :D

John Akam
14th Sep 2008, 15:18
My older sister bought that game around ten years ago, in 1998 (obviously it's TR 3 :) ) when she was still in college. During the term break, she brought that game back home and I was 11 at that time. She installed that game in our PC. I watched her play Lara's home and for whatever reason, I got crazy about it..

My sister kept telling me that the game is to hard for me (she, herself was unable to complete the second level - The Temple Ruins, let alone me, her 11 years old brother.) I insisted on playing... so I would sneak up to the computer and play it secretly for a few months.

And my sister was right. That game proves too difficult for me. It took me two years to finally beat the first level - Jungle, and another two years to complete the Temple Ruins, level 2. I finally completed Tomb Raider 3 in 2004, after seven long years. But in between, I've completed Tomb Raider Chronicles and Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness. Phew!

Let's face it... TR 3 IS one of the most difficult TR series ever!!! :mad2:

ratsforcandy
19th Sep 2008, 16:01
My mom's exboyfriend bought it for me.

_Love2Raid_
19th Sep 2008, 16:15
I saw the first TR in a store years ago, 1996/1997?? (Aahhhh, the good old days..............) and bought it cause it seemed like a fun game. I had actually never heard of TR or LC before!

Well, it proved to be a nice game alright :D

sweeneytodd
19th Sep 2008, 16:18
my parents had it when i was a baby, and i sort of grew up with lara croft and tomb raider,

my parents said as a joke they would fight over giving me to one of them, so they could play TR he he he

smiley anyone?
:) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :)

xxLara_croftxx
19th Sep 2008, 16:28
My mom used to play all the TR games.
I was about 1 or 2 yrs. old when she started playing.
but i found iut my self when legend came out then i started playing the TR games......in witch now im addicted to Tombreaider lol.

Falcon
24th Sep 2008, 20:48
My dad bought a new computer and we asked for some games. It was a pentium 2. The sales person gave us this big box with the tomb raider 2 game. Funny how games came in boxes back then. I was about 9, 10. Never played the game untill i got older. Those big dudes with the bats really scared me. Not to mention the spiders! Yuk!!!!
And now they're back in underworld

raider741
26th Sep 2008, 18:26
well my dads friend leant the first one and the second to me and my dad so we installed them i couldnt really get past the lost village on the first noe but on the second one i just got past the venice in about 2 years i kept getting stuck on the speedboat bit any way my dads mate let us keep them so i put them up but lost them but then couple months later my sister buys me the last revelation so i play that with my dad