PDA

View Full Version : Weird crash while launching the game

dbdbdbdb
24th Aug 2008, 15:13
hi guys,

I have a problem with launching the game!!. i already played it before (today ..) and i think i changed something in the video settings - the bottom setting into 'low'. while i was playing the game it stuck, i rebooted and then when i launched the game again, it gave me this message:

'kaneandlynch.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'
(Then there was the 'send' and 'dont send' options) - u all know this notification..:(

i reinstalled the 'windows - live' application and i have the compatible directX for this game but it wouldnt work.. btw i use windows XP.

can someone help.. its frustrating since i already played it.

killerhz
24th Aug 2008, 18:21
There is nothing exactly to tell you to do. Sadly this game was poorly coded for the PC and the lack of support from Eidos is the worse I have ever seen. I bought this game the day it came out and have yet to play it. I have built 4 systems with various components and none of them will play this game. I keep getting the same error that you get and have tried all the suggestions on this thread. Maybe you can try to install new GPU drivers...

dbdbdbdb
24th Aug 2008, 19:08
There is nothing exactly to tell you to do. Sadly this game was poorly coded for the PC and the lack of support from Eidos is the worse I have ever seen. I bought this game the day it came out and have yet to play it. I have built 4 systems with various components and none of them will play this game. I keep getting the same error that you get and have tried all the suggestions on this thread. Maybe you can try to install new GPU drivers...

i tried ALL of them too. the thing is that i was playing it already, maybe there's a way to configure the video settings from windows (like a launcher that actually works...)

if u or anybody knows a way to do it please help me..:)

dbdbdbdb
28th Aug 2008, 09:31
hey guys just wanted to let u know that after i reinstalled windows xp, the game worked again!
greatest game!