PDA

View Full Version : Most controversial thread title

GruntOwner
22nd Aug 2008, 21:25
A thread like this came up on the WotC forum a while back and it was pretty funny. Died after about 11 pages unfortunately, but that was over the course of about several months, and seeing as no news is gonna be coming any time soon, I think it's time to find a passtime whilst we're here.

DX3 New writer announced: Clive Barker

Poll: JCD in the Village People?

Universal Ammo confirmed

Eidos announce new project: MK Vs. DCU Vs. DX

Anyone other entires?

SemiAnonymous
22nd Aug 2008, 23:25
Deus Ex 3 confirmed to be a spinoff title

Necros
23rd Aug 2008, 00:52
Gunther Hermann is JC's real father! :eek:

AaronJ
23rd Aug 2008, 02:55
"Deus Ex 3: CONFIRMED! IT'S A PREQUEL"

A prequel to DX means a sequel to Jonestown.

SemiAnonymous
23rd Aug 2008, 03:02
Deus Ex to finally answer "What is a Man?"
hehe

ricwhite
23rd Aug 2008, 03:04
Deus Ex 3 Movie Announced by Director Uwe Boll.

ricwhite
23rd Aug 2008, 03:06
Deus Ex 3 Canceled.

Necros
23rd Aug 2008, 03:58
Now that's something you don't joke about. :mad: ****

:lol: :thumbsup: :D

iWait
23rd Aug 2008, 05:04
Faux News Confirms Deus Ex Supports Homosexuality & Communism!

SemiAnonymous
23rd Aug 2008, 05:24
Deus Ex to be Xbox 360 exclusive, late 2008 launch

Jerion
23rd Aug 2008, 06:14
Deus Ex: What is it that makes us who we are?

Find out tonight after the game!

(Bruce almighty spoof)

Larington
23rd Aug 2008, 07:16
Confirmed: Deus Ex 3 will allow you to shoot children, Newspaper "Ban this sick filth" campaigns begin.

Exclusive: Deus Ex 3 will be a party game similar to the likes of raving rabids and other wii games, rumours of PC version were exagerated.

Rumour: Will Deus Ex 3 be the next GTA? You too could do drive by's past UNATCO headquarters (err, in a boat, obv).

jordan_a
23rd Aug 2008, 11:55
Alexander Brandon to compose DX3's next trailer's music, not the game itself.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3822/astousmurphyym1.jpg

farmerbobconspiracist
23rd Aug 2008, 12:05
New information on Eidos continuation of the highly acclaimed Deus Ex saga, Deus Ex 3, has come to light. This time the first details of the plotline are made available.

Deus Ex 3 will take off right after Deus Ex: Invisible War. It will follow the much anticipated everlasting competition behind QueeQueg's and Pequod's. The player will have to unroot the coffee bean conspiracy and track down Captain Ahab and prevent him from assassinating Juan Valdez in order to bring stability to the coffee market.

GruntOwner
23rd Aug 2008, 13:28
Darth Vader cameo confirmed.

DX end boss revealed: Jack Thomson

DX protagonist revealed: Jack Thomson

gamer0004
23rd Aug 2008, 13:59
DX3: the game about 9/11

Clucky
23rd Aug 2008, 14:55
Fox News confirms simulated humping in DX3.

Anybody get the reference? :rasp:

Gizmostuff
23rd Aug 2008, 15:48
Deus Ex to be Xbox 360 exclusive, late 2008 launch

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

minus0ne
23rd Aug 2008, 16:25
Deus Ex 3 confirmed as an MMORPG, hourly subscription fees to be announced later.

(Knights of The Old Republic 3: More Money Please!)

Clucky
23rd Aug 2008, 17:13
Deus Ex 3 confirmed as an MMORPG, hourly subscription fees to be announced later.

(Knights of The Old Republic 3: More Money Please!)

I agree with this KotOR mishap that is going to be churned out. We want a game, not a cash cow that we can routinely kick to make ourselves feel better.

Larington
23rd Aug 2008, 17:59
Whoever it was that forced KotOR 2 to be done in 9 months should've been shot, I don't know how many people got to see the somethingawful forums lets play thread about it, but some of the content that had been left out due to time constraints would have made such a difference to the game (and its score/metacritic silliness).

v.dog
23rd Aug 2008, 19:56
Confirmed: Deus Ex 3: Staring Lara Croft

Rumour: Dx3 is to be rated 'E' for Everyone

Rumor: Eidos sells out to EA; Dx3 to be renamed DeusBall 2009 (staring Angelina Jolie)

Confirmed: In game advertising, and the game will poll every single action a player makes to a marketing company for profiling purposes.

Rumour: DB 2K9 to have DRM that phones home every day, and you're only allowed one installation. Ever.

Voltaire
23rd Aug 2008, 20:16
Eidos Montreal confirm Halo crossover for DX3.

Deus Ex 3 to be released as a set of non-chronological wii minigames.

New Deus Ex protagonist to be voiced by David Schwimmer. Played backwards. At 0.5 speed.

imported_van_HellSing
23rd Aug 2008, 20:21
David Cage of Quantic Dreams to direct Deus Ex 3 - expect necrophiliac sex scenes.

AaronJ
24th Aug 2008, 04:27
Confirmed: Deus Ex 3 will not have an SDK. Eidos says it would be "too difficult".

It will be fun to see how many of these come true.

iWait
24th Aug 2008, 05:47
Deus Ex 3 to take place in Compton, as Alex Denton you have to join a gang, prove to the blacks you're hip, and learn how to hold a gun properly.

Jerion
24th Aug 2008, 06:41
Deus Ex 3 to take place in Compton, as Alex Denton you have to join a gang, prove to the blacks you're hip, and learn how to hold a gun properly.

:eek:

farmerbobconspiracist
24th Aug 2008, 07:06
I agree with this KotOR mishap that is going to be churned out. We want a game, not a cash cow that we can routinely kick to make ourselves feel better.

Problem: We need to boost our quarterly profits.
Solution: Make an MMO of something.

Microsoft announces Minesweeper 2.0 - an immersive new massively multiplayer online game with DX10 support!

Clucky
24th Aug 2008, 11:56
Problem: We need to boost our quarterly profits.
Solution: Make an MMO of something.

Microsoft announces Minesweeper 2.0 - an immersive new massively multiplayer online game with DX10 support!

Because that shows integrity! ;)

Voltaire
24th Aug 2008, 18:54
Eidos bigwigs hire David Lynch to write and direct live action cutscenes for DX3. Don't expect to know what the heck's going on.

gamer0004
24th Aug 2008, 19:43
"Deus ex 3 will feature elfs and goblins..."

jcp28
24th Aug 2008, 22:26
"Deus Ex 3 will be set 500 years in the future in a techno-barbaric wasteland"

"Deus Ex 3 will feature an alien invasion"

I would NOT want to see anything so patently ridiculous.

Jerion
24th Aug 2008, 22:47
Deus Ex 3 will feature guest star Master Chief from the Halo series.

ewanlaing
24th Aug 2008, 23:18
Deus Ex 3 Renamed! Now, Deus Ex Racer (or DX:R as it will appear on the box). PSP exclusive.

v.dog
25th Aug 2008, 06:05
Confirmed: the ending to Dues Ex- it was all a dream. You wake up to find you're actually an accountant for a small legal firm in Cornwall.

Larington
25th Aug 2008, 20:23
Deus Ex 3 to riff off Diablo 3 art style - DX3 will now include rainbows anywhere possible and night-time scenes will not be allowed in game. Weapons to be replaced with comedy fruits.

Disclaimer: I have 0 issues with this change by the way, I'm actually making fun of the over-reaction to the change, perhaps I should avoid being a bit too topical. ;-)

GruntOwner
25th Aug 2008, 21:32
Deus Ex 3 to riff off Diablo 3 art style - DX3 will now include rainbows anywhere possible and night-time scenes will not be allowed in game. Weapons to be replaced with comedy fruits.

Lol. Another license ruined to Wow Impersaonation.

DX Flashbacks confirmed: Players will relive the life of a Templar trying to set up the banking system... With Rap soundtrack, Vehicle sections and Quake inventory system.

Confirmed: JCD is Duke Nukem's Bishie

jcp28
25th Aug 2008, 22:20
"Deus Ex to feature Warthogs and Banshees from Halo"

ewanlaing
25th Aug 2008, 23:36
Deus Ex: Zombies Confirmed!

DXeXodus
26th Aug 2008, 04:13
Title confirmed: Deus Ex 3: Mutant wars. JCDenton is Jack Carver in this tropical island action adventure :rasp:

v.dog
26th Aug 2008, 07:17
Rumor: the title is 'Deus Ex: the attack of the killer mutant zombie chicken from Mars'

Rumor: The title is 'Deus Ex: the attack of the clones'

Confirmed: Dx3 will be a free download, supported by ads and micro-payments for unlocking extra skills, items, conversation options, and levels.

Jerion
26th Aug 2008, 08:52
DX3 to feature emoticons in in-game comversations. :o :) :D ;) :rasp: :rolleyes: :lol: :scratch: :nut: :mad2: :thumbsup:

DXeXodus
26th Aug 2008, 09:15
LEGO Deus Ex. It's official. :p

urban_queen41
26th Aug 2008, 10:08

YOU WIN. =D

"Deus Ex 3 Confirmed Setting: 1944"

"Gunther Hermann Is JC's Father?"

"Aeris Gainsborough Confirmed DX3 Leading Lady"

AaronJ
26th Aug 2008, 10:11

That would be awesome. Compared to a prequel.

Old_Snake
26th Aug 2008, 10:29
Deus Ex - Wheres the sex mod guys?

Because you know there is someone out there who wants it......

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry to stray of the thread topic but.....

GruntOwner/Larington as a avid fan of the Diablos and Blizzard i find it completely astounding that people are jumping on the 'presentation suck' bandwagon. Why do fans think they have right to complain about a game that isn't even out yet? I agree fans are what have made Blizzard so big, but i will reserve my judgement until the game is out. When has Blizzard let the fans down?

Makes me think of the 'fan outcry' from the Devil May Cry not being exclusive to PS3, a completly waste of effort and time.

DXeXodus
26th Aug 2008, 10:38
YOU WIN. =D

Yay. What do I get?

"Deus Ex 3 Confirmed Setting: 1944"

Good one! :lol:

--------------
Regarding Old_Snakes comment, I agree completely. The blizzard artwork outcry is simply pathetic. The fans spend years begging for a game and as soon as it is announced they start whining. Jay Wilson, Diablo III's lead designer said recently: "What we've shown is the earliest parts of the game meant to be a little sunnier and brighter than the later because we're trying to set a juxtaposition and make everything feel worse as the game move on"

--------------
And back on topic :)

GruntOwner
26th Aug 2008, 11:11
I love the diablo series. What little plot it feels like giving is great, but the fact stands that the player will be stuck looking over my little pony topia with a hero who's shoulder pads are the size of texas, with a bright purple, hideously misformed claymore.

DX3 Protagonist Voice Actor Confirmed: Arnie

DX3 Antagonist Voice Actor Confirmed: Stalone

DX3: Now with 80% more Angst

DX3: Like a badass outa hell. JC will invade hell. With the holy grail and original scriptures of the Tora. On a Harely.

imported_van_HellSing
26th Aug 2008, 12:26
my little pony topia

In Blizzard's world, everyone's a pony, and they all eat rainbows and poop butterflies! :) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJkaKAIl_Fc)

gamer0004
26th Aug 2008, 12:41
"Confirmed: Deus Ex 3 will take place in a galaxy far, far away..."

foxberg
26th Aug 2008, 13:26
Faux News Confirms Deus Ex Supports Homosexuality & Communism!

CNN confirms JCD from DX:IW is the new mascot for Hussein Obama's campaign.

JCD in game Voice Actor confirmed: Rev. Sharpton

DX3 Movie is confirmed. The main cast:
JCD - Joe Pesci
Paul - Dolph Lundgren
Tracer Tong - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Grey - Britney Spears (no make-up required)
NG Resonance - Monica Lewinsky (she thought DX3 was "Doing an Executive part 3" and she would only have to open her mouth)
Omar - Michael Jackson

Herr Trigger
26th Aug 2008, 13:53
Confirmed - Production of DX3 has been taken over by South Korean developer Softnyx.

Confirmed by A. Navarra - Cart does not push self.

jcp28
26th Aug 2008, 16:30
"Deus Ex 3 to feature ancient temples puzzles as a fundamental part of gameplay."

"Deus Ex 3 will be a crossover with Indiana Jones"

Larington
26th Aug 2008, 17:24
Deus Ex 3 to feature alien invasion from cold loving creatures that want to Terraform the earth into an ice planet (So why they've set their base up on a tropical island I don't know) (Yep, I'm picking on Crysis now, aww, bless).

(I'd written all of the stuff below, I should put a controversial title in as well)

As someone who hasn't ever played either of the Diablo games, I was more riffing off the people who took it as a personal offence when the change came to light, in particular I found the addition of the rainbow in one shot as hilarious, particularly when I found out they added it to see if they could get away with it.

Personally, I agree with the change, the location shots I've seen so far are much more interesting to look at and it looks as though they are designing the game with the mindset of providing a variety of different kinds of location (underground, overground, wombling free, err, I mean, snowy) so that players won't develop visual fatigue from being in the same kinds of environment from start to finish. Critically, this will improve gameplay, a wider use of colour palette reduces the chance of enemies blending into the background when they shouldn't be.

I also don't understand why people are so quick to claim that every game with a varied colour palette is suddenly therefor WoW-gayness. What!? How is that a critical appraisal of an element of a game, particularly if it isn't even an MMO.

Hokum
26th Aug 2008, 22:07

New Deus Ex protagonist to be voiced by David Schwimmer. Played backwards. At 0.5 speed.

I choked this was so funny...

ewanlaing
26th Aug 2008, 23:52
Deus Ex to feature sidekick talking dog, detective Scruffy Denton. Created by famed Scrappie Doo creator.

DXeXodus
27th Aug 2008, 04:26
Deus Ex 3: A warcraft mod resembling DOTA

Deus Ex 3: Cell shaded 3rd person Japanese RPG

Deus Ex 3: Wii fit compatible, the less you work out the fatter JC will become!!!!

Deus Ex 3: Jack Thompson edition: No guns, enemies, dialogue or levels of any kind. - You play as a bunny running around an empty field collecting flowers.

Deus Ex 3: Now being developed by Flagship studios' remnant members. *Sorry flagship, I love you, Hellgate wasn't THAT bad*

Psychopomp
27th Aug 2008, 07:58
Confirmed by A. Navarra - Cart does not push self.

I lol'd, so ******* hard.

CONFIRMED-Deus Ex 3 to contain no conspiracies, or RPG elements, and every in-game problem has one solution.

v.dog
27th Aug 2008, 07:58

Deus Ex 3: A warcraft mod resembling DOTA

Deus Ex 3: Cell shaded 3rd person Japanese RPG

Deus Ex 3: Wii fit compatible, the less you work out the fatter JC will become!!!!

Deus Ex 3: Jack Thompson edition: No guns, enemies, dialogue or levels of any kind. - You play as a bunny running around an empty field collecting flowers.

Deus Ex 3: Now being developed by Flagship studios' remnant members. *Sorry flagship, I love you, Hellgate wasn't THAT bad*
This is meant to be a thread of what would be the most controversial thing the Dx3 could be, not your personal wish list. :p

DXeXodus
27th Aug 2008, 08:54
^^Haha! You caught me out. I was hopng that Eidos Montreal would read my post and make Deus Ex a turn based JRPG DOTA like demon-killing RTS :D

CONFIRMED-Deus Ex 3 to contain no conspiracies, or RPG elements, and every in-game problem has one solution.
Eidos already made that game <---- I didn't say that ;)

Larington
27th Aug 2008, 19:48
Deus Ex 3 to feature over the shoulder 3rd person camera: "We saw the sales of Gears of War and thought, why not?".

Deus Ex 3: 6 Million Dollar Man tie-in game confirmed, main character to be voiced by Lee Majors, known for his role as Steve Austin in the hit TV series and Richard Anderson will voice your boss. Is an Anna Navarre love story in the making?

GruntOwner
27th Aug 2008, 20:53
Jesus Christ, Paul is such a crybaby

Jock/Tong slash on my deviantart, leave comments;)

OMG AL3X 15 1EIK 5o PHI7 i W4NN4 8anG H1M

You know, we wouldn't have any of this terrorism bull if we would just elect (*Insert political candidate/DX character/fellow board member*)

jcp28
27th Aug 2008, 21:06
Deus Ex 3 to cover the founding of the Illuminati in the late 18th century - enjoy the crappy guns and bad marching music!

Deus Ex 3 to have drugs as a major feature of the game.

Voltaire
27th Aug 2008, 21:25
New DX screenshots released! Below are the first glimpses of the text-based adventure game (finished October '08 due to constant whining on forums for faster development).

>Pick up ye flask.
Cannot pick up ye flask. Directions: North, West, NorthWest, Anna Navarre_
>Go North.
Cannot go North. Anna clubs ye with yon flask. All your base are belong to NSF_

Retry y/n?_

DXeXodus
28th Aug 2008, 04:01
New DX screenshots released! Below are the first glimpses of the text-based adventure game (finished October '08 due to constant whining on forums for faster development).

>Pick up ye flask.
Cannot pick up ye flask. Directions: North, West, NorthWest, Anna Navarre_
>Go North.
Cannot go North. Anna clubs ye with yon flask. All your base are belong to NSF_

Retry y/n?_

:lol: Good one. Loved the part about constant whining on the forums.

foxberg
28th Aug 2008, 15:44
DX3 will introduce new augmentation choice for the eyes: x-Ray vision. Highest upgrade attainable will be XXX-Ray vision. After upgrading to the max the player looses ability to shoot weapons and can only aimlessly walk around until he/she finds someone to take him/her home.

DarkStorm
30th Aug 2008, 00:40
Gunther Hermann is JC's real father! :eek:
The MJ12 troopers at the beginning of the Paris level mention JC to look German, so even if what you stated is obviously unlikely, you are not too far away. :cool:

Deus Ex 3 Canceled.
This would not only be controversial. It would be a tragedy. :lmao:

Confirmed: Deus Ex 3 will allow you to shoot children, Newspaper "Ban this sick filth" campaigns begin.
LOL. :D Homever, theoretically speaking, even if it actually allows you to harm children, I don't think many people will initiate campaigns against the game. Note that the first Deus Ex allowed to you to pepper spray them, to tase them, to throw objects to them, and even to kill them; but as far as I am aware, no campaigns occurred. :rasp:

It will be fun to see how many of these come true.
Agreed. :p

Confirmed: the ending to Dues Ex- it was all a dream. You wake up to find you're actually an accountant for a small legal firm in Cornwall.
Now that would be hilarious. :lol:

ewanlaing
30th Aug 2008, 00:54
Deus ex Devs update on next title:"MOAR LAZERS!"

urban_queen41
30th Aug 2008, 04:55
Jock/Tong slash on my deviantart, leave comments;)

LOL :lmao:

Somebody is gonna do that now, just wait and see. :P
We're lucky there aren't more female DX fans, because then ff.net and deviantart would be flooded with JC/Paul and JC/Gunther slash.

Larington
30th Aug 2008, 07:05
LOL. :D Homever, theoretically speaking, even if it actually allows you to harm children, I don't think many people will initiate campaigns against the game. Note that the first Deus Ex allowed to you to pepper spray them, to tase them, to throw objects to them, and even to kill them; but as far as I am aware, no campaigns occurred. :rasp:

True, true, though theres a game coming out at the moment for the Wii called Mad World, a game which as I understand it is black & white except for massive amounts of blood spray when folks get killed/hurt/whatever, so the newspapers inevitably start going on about how it will harm the family image of a console...

...Which already has far worse games on sale for it anyway.

DLGenesis
30th Aug 2008, 07:12
Deus Ex 3 to come with a new toilet interface in which you press buttons to make different sounds and lumps (which you get to see after). :thumbsup:

iWait
30th Aug 2008, 07:41
Deus Ex 3 funds slashed in order to develop Rogue Trooper 2.

Deus Ex 3: Take control of the Tardis to hunt down your evil arch enemy, The Master as he tries to take control of the Earth. Morbious's brain is to follow you throughout the game lending sage-like advice.

Anne Navarre Animated Music Video in development by Edios Montreal, Set to the song "I Kissed a Girl" by Katy Perry.

Deus Ex: Save the Whales. You are a nano-augmented nerd. Your sole mission: Endlessly search Craigslist and Ebay to find Leonard Nimoy's headband.

Tracer Tong
30th Aug 2008, 11:42
Confirmed: DX3 will contain no more cigarettes and nuke soda cans. D'Astous: "The future will be green and people will live on soy beans"

Demiurge
31st Aug 2008, 00:23
Confirmed: DX3 Protagonist to be Jar-Jar Binks

Confirmed: DX3 Axed to make way for a game version of "The Mummy 3"

Comfirmed: To maintain a green image, Antagonist to be mouldy Grapefruit

Confirmed: Deus Ex 3 to be directed under Jack Thompson

Confirmed: DX3 Protagonist to be voiced by Britney Spears

Confirmed: Eidos Merge with EA

Voltaire
31st Aug 2008, 09:19
Deus Eggs 3! Eidos wishes you a happy easter with this egg and spoon simulator!! Now using a modified Sith Engine, so those polygons are much harder to count!!

imported_van_HellSing
31st Aug 2008, 20:19
Confirmed: Eidos Merge with EA

I wouldn't mind at all, really. EA's largely been going in the right direction lately.

I mean, they're doing games like Mirror's Edge and Dead Space!

jordan_a
31st Aug 2008, 21:56
Well with all the studios they have eaten they can release a bunch of good games, can they?:D

Larington
1st Sep 2008, 00:04
Theres been a lot of talk in the industry lately about a scheme called EA partners as well, quite a few big names have signed up to it, which says a lot about how much EA have changed recently. It's nice to see a monolith like EA wake up and start being adventurous again.

Psychomorph
1st Sep 2008, 16:57
Confirmed: DX3 to be jump'n'run game. Jumping on UNATCO heads 100 points, jumping on NSF heads 100 points.

Tracer Tong
1st Sep 2008, 17:08
Confirmed: DX3's Protagonist to be the Annoying Kid from Hong Kong

Confirmed: DX3 will End with the Protagonist Being Killed by JC Denton

Confirmed: DX3 to Contain Portals, following the footsteps of Valve and 3D Realms

Stock Report: Eidos Interactive is on the Rocks, Shutting Down by the End of 2008.

Jerion
1st Sep 2008, 17:30
Confirmed: DX3 will not include Soy Food due to vegetarian favoritism complaint.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Sep 2008, 21:31
^
LMAO. :D

Confirmed: Deus Ex will contain soy food due to the fact that it is already established in the DX game and, of course, adds profound realism to the DX world of the future.

:rasp:

ewanlaing
2nd Sep 2008, 00:39
Deus ex handed over to 3dRealms: And now, we wait........

Professional No Lifer
2nd Sep 2008, 12:01
Official statement: There will be no weapons, tools, or augmentation in DX 3 Players will however have the option to tickle interlocutors to death in dialogue cutscenes.

GruntOwner
2nd Sep 2008, 13:39
DX3: Unatco Roque: The player will control several rogue elements in UNATCO, all linked to the various augmented agents working there to some extent. Protagonists to include: Sharon The Secretary, The Maintainence Man and (The guy who sold you the shizzle outside UNATCO HQ on Liberty Island, can't remember his name at the moment). Now that would be a let down for the name's sake.

Herr Trigger
2nd Sep 2008, 13:57
DX3 Movie is confirmed. The main cast:
JCD - Joe Pesci

I think John Travolta would be a better choice. ;)

Romeo
2nd Sep 2008, 14:51

LOL! Hey man, Halo with Deu sEx-iness would be awesome. Aha, look at me, I made a pun.

And how about:
Exclusive: Eidos sells the Deus Ex series to EA.

Exclusive one-day-later: EA selling Deus Ex on every platform, especially the Wii and DS. And cell phones. PC edition cancelled due to monetary constraints.

ewanlaing
2nd Sep 2008, 22:34
It's the Deus Ex Olympics! Featuring Sonic!

jordan_a
2nd Sep 2008, 23:21
Deus ex handed over to 3dRealms: And now, we wait........DNForeveeeeeeeer ! :D

Mindmute
3rd Sep 2008, 00:48
Deus Ex 3: Spore Eddition.
In an unprecedented partnership, the lastest in the Deus Ex franchise is now an addon to Spore!
Play with JC and guide him from a single cell organism to nano agumented agent. 100% customisable!

minus0ne
3rd Sep 2008, 01:40
News: Eidos Montreal hires Warren Spector, Deus Ex 3 stripped of 'guys in black leather carrying guns'.

DXeXodus
3rd Sep 2008, 04:14
News: Eidos Montreal hires Warren Spector, Deus Ex 3 stripped of 'guys in black leather carrying guns'.

Clever! :thumbsup:

Romeo
3rd Sep 2008, 05:30
Deus Ex 3: Spore Eddition.
In an unprecedented partnership, the lastest in the Deus Ex franchise is now an addon to Spore!
Play with JC and guide him from a single cell organism to nano agumented agent. 100% customisable!

Dude... That would be AWESOME. lol

Voltaire
3rd Sep 2008, 15:44
Deus Ex 3, scrapped on consoles and PC, will be released as an arcade gun-toter, much like popular series Time Crisis and House of the De- oh, I can't even joke about it.

Nathan2000
3rd Sep 2008, 16:12

Exclusive interview
Spector: "I've always wanted to make a game set in the future with Mickey Mouse."

foxberg
3rd Sep 2008, 19:38
The new theme song for DX3 is confirmed: Dead Kennedys - Kill The Poor

Larington
3rd Sep 2008, 20:47
On the subject of which:

Deus Ex 3 soundtrack composer announced - Deus Ex 3 ambient audio to be composed by sepultura/maralin-manson/some-other-heavy-or-grunge-band.

imported_van_HellSing
3rd Sep 2008, 21:50
"Deus Ex 3 working title dropped, final title: Desu Ex. Name of protagonist revealed as Suiseiseki".

EDIT desu: If no one does a suitable photoshop within 24 hours, I'm going to have to do it myself, desu.

silvers104
3rd Sep 2008, 23:00
Finally! Dues Ex 3 is out!

*installs game*

Oh no, we've been Rick Roll'd!

ewanlaing
3rd Sep 2008, 23:03
That would be the funniest thing ever. I would laugh for months if they did that.

DXeXodus
4th Sep 2008, 03:54
I would laugh for ages too if they did that. But then the laughter would fade and only emptiness will remain. *sniff*

mj12_agent13
4th Sep 2008, 07:36
Just Confirmed, Deus ex 3 will be an episodic release. Each episode will retail at around £35 and will have about 1 hours gameplay in each title!!! lucky us

foxberg
4th Sep 2008, 12:16
Eidos have confirmed a new sponsor for Deus Ex 3 - all vehicles in the game will carry a FedEx logo.

In order to save their presidential campaign Dems asked Eidos to replace Anna Navarre character with IFF brain augmented Michelle Obama character. The cover of the box will feature MO wielding a shotgun with the title "DX3: The Change"

Tracer Tong
4th Sep 2008, 14:06
Confirmed: Nintendo buys Eidos Interactive, DX3 to be composed of 90 different minigames and will be Wii exclusive :nut:

v.dog
5th Sep 2008, 08:02
Confirmed: Deus Ex's target demographic; tween girls.

I was going to go into detail, but it's better left to your imagination ;)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Sep 2008, 12:11
DX3 - EXCLUSIVE SCOOP
Crumbs! Eidos Montreal "Dunked" In Biscuit & Cereal Lawsuit!

Has the world gone completely c-kookie?!
Sending shockwaves through the gaming world, Eidos Montreal have just officially announced bankruptcy with immediate effect, calling off all work on the new DX3 video game.
Just like a regular packet of biscuits, the game will now be permanently "shelved"; use-by date, not applicable.

Details have emerged that online moderator staff were found to be taking numerous bribes from forum members in exchange for special treatment and expensive edible treats, without prior consent from Eidos. A large number of DX3 limited edition cookies had been baked and issued out in what could only be deemed as a highly profitable black-market enterprise. Indeed, one moderator absent-mindly gave admission of the fact when he posted on the forum:

"Limited Edition cookie supplies are now depleted. Sorry for those who missed out".

The moderators responsible for this take-the-biscuit fiasco have now been duly sacked and the last reported sighting was of them fleeing for their lives, hotly pursued by extremely angry vigilante DX fans who had every intention of doing some serious damage with their razor-sharp cookie-cutters.

It was also reported that, previous to the biscuit activity, thousands of boxes of chocolate-flavoured cereal had been exchanging hands as regularly as 10 times a day and the massive freight costs involved had been illegally charged to Eidos's staff account; further nibbling away at, and completely consuming, all game development funds. Surprisingly, the person responsible for this particular misdemeanor was a high-ranking member of Eidos admin! Admission of his guilt was also clearly posted on the forum,

"Bribery. They somehow found out I like Count Chocula cereal and when a pallet full showed up at the door, I couldn't refuse."

He was also subsequently fired and is believed to have just secured new employment, dressing up as a rooster, with a leading cereal manufacturer.

Seems there will be no fortune-cookies for Eidos Montreal! The Company will now be forced to scrape the bottom of the biscuit-barrel in order to pay off all debtors and remaining staff, before closing down the studios forever.
Stéphane D'Astous, general manager at Eidos Montreal, was unable to comment further on the matter due to obvious signs of nervous breakdown and distress.
Particularly so, when paparazzi reporters tactlessly offered him a 'nice hot cup of tea... with a biscuit'.

I guess, for Eidos Montreal and DX3, that's how the cookie crumbled.

gamer0004
5th Sep 2008, 13:48
Lolz

foxberg
5th Sep 2008, 20:13
DX3 is confirmed to be set up between DX1 and DX:IW right after the collapse. Your main character is an augmented pigeon that you have to guide between settlements and fight enemies along the way. Some of your possible augmentation upgrades will include turbo wings, laser talons and an ultrasonic beak.

pewbeng
6th Sep 2008, 08:57
Thread titles, huh?

"DX3 - Jay & Silent Bob Cameo confirmed"

"The first time we saw VATS we just fell in love with it..."

"Combo-Kill-System finished. With the multiplier at x10 the highscore might just be in reach!"

"Railgun as a LIVE achievement after 150 headshots in a row."

---

"Deus Ex 3 working title dropped, final title: Desu Ex. Name of protagonist revealed as Suiseiseki".

EDIT desu: If no one does a suitable photoshop within 24 hours, I'm going to have to do it myself, desu.

desu desu desu desu desu desu desu

Tracer Tong
6th Sep 2008, 21:03
"DX3 - Jay & Silent Bob Cameo confirmed"

I'd like that! Even if they were fossils in a museum it'd be awesome:lmao:

JerichoMccoy
6th Sep 2008, 23:37
DX3 - EXCLUSIVE SCOOP

Heh heh... after reading that, I now have this sudden urge for the munchies...:lol:

gettrix
7th Sep 2008, 13:52
Universal Ammo confirmed

I would hate for this to be true, one of the worst things in Deus Ex 2...

Blade_hunter
7th Sep 2008, 15:43
The view in DX 3 is third person ....

El_Bel
7th Sep 2008, 15:54
DX plot revealed: As part of a special augmented US force you travel all around the world fighting Arab terrorists and Communist Russians!!

Blade_hunter
7th Sep 2008, 16:27
LoL I hope this never happen I don't want DX 3 uses the same plot as soldier of fortune :D

mook333
7th Sep 2008, 16:46
confirmed title: Deus ex3: turn-based 3rd person rail-shooter action!

DXeXodus
8th Sep 2008, 04:40
DX3 - EXCLUSIVE SCOOP

Excellent! It wasn't me I swear. The Zyme made me do it!!!

DX3 is confirmed to be set up between DX1 and DX:IW right after the collapse. Your main character is an augmented pigeon that you have to guide between settlements and fight enemies along the way. Some of your possible augmentation upgrades will include turbo wings, laser talons and an ultrasonic beak.

Don't forget the "Radioactive poo" Augmentation.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Sep 2008, 23:35
"DEUS EX parodic transmutation to "DENZ EX" - New Soap Opera Spin Off!"

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc159/eternaltreasure/logo-1.png

It's going to be 'Parody', not 'Paradise' for Deus Ex fans!

Much to the disappointment of dedicated followers, Eidos Montreal has halted work on the new video game, Deus Ex 3, in favour of making a spin-off tv series first, called "Den'z Ex".
This project will undoubtedly push the game back to a 2010 release date.
It is believed that this unprecedented move will allow the franchise improved financial profit and it is reported that contracts have already been signed.

A chance view of a 'flipped' version of the earlier Deus Ex game slogan title, as seen above, apparently gave inspiration to the idea.

The new futuristic black-comedy soap will introduce viewers to the dysfunctional lives and relationships of a number of inhabitants dwelling in a New York city suburb.

The main character is Donna (the 'ex'), a pure-human who has recently divorced her husband, Den Zenton, a bio-modified trans-human.

Sky One is set to launch the new series in Spring 2009. Watch this space for further news.

written by Bo Gusnoows
"TV Spy" Magazine, September 2008

v.dog
12th Sep 2008, 10:34
Rumour from the Eidos art department: "Graphics are way overrated. Lets use 8-bit sprites"

Romeo
12th Sep 2008, 19:43
Wow, MissDenton, you really went all-out, didn't you? That's two full stories so far. One with a near stroke-inducing level of puns in it. =P

Lady_Of_The_Vine
12th Sep 2008, 21:34
LOL, I'm very sorry... :o

I had time on my hands, obviously. :whistle:
Just waiting for news about DX3 :p

Romeo
13th Sep 2008, 08:27
Don't apologize, the effort made for a fun read. =P

Larington
21st Sep 2008, 07:54
Ok, not exactly controversial but I want to try and revive the thread:

"PC Zone magazine article to be presented in the form of a Deus Ex Invisible War style iris overlay display, complete with the inability to scale or adjust the positioning of the overlay so that it obscures that trip mine your about to trigger. Causing a "this magazine will self destruct in 5 seconds" message before the magazine catches real flame."

"Deus Ex 3 to feature bouncy castle in training level, fans expected to bemoan how this doesn't fit with the theme of the game, etc."

"Deus Ex 3 to feature needs system similar to The Ship*, AI characters might not want to talk to you unless you've showered in the last 5 minutes, and if you don't eat anything, your nanites cause your body to turn into dust right where you stand!"

*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ship_(computer_game)

psikoticsilver
3rd Oct 2008, 16:30
"Deus Ex 3 storyline revealed: Will be set in an failed underwater utopia, where users will have get to pick between two moral choices, neither of which will have real impact on the storyline."

"Tracer Tong to make re-appearance in DX3 - Jackie Chan will perform the motion capturing and voice acting for the character."

"DX 3 movie rights bought by Marvel Comics."

"DX 3 to use same color scheme as Doom 3."

"Columbia pictures announces new spoof movie: Not Another Stealth Shooter. Movie premise based heavily on Deus Ex series"

"DX3 storyline pioneered by L. Ron Hubbard..."

MrP
3rd Oct 2008, 17:07
Update: Michael Bay to Produce... http://www.wizdforums.co.uk/images/smilies/duh.gif

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Oct 2008, 12:29
"Eidos Montreal Confirm DX3 Rumours!"

Yes, Deus Ex 3 will be third person only, not an RPG, very short & linear, simple and uncomplex plotline, similar to Bioshock/Spiderman/GOW/Halo etc, a sequel, console-friendly only, self-healing system, no use of stealth, conspiracy-free.

In a nutshell, "absolutely nothing like what the devs set out to do... nothing like Deus Ex 1... nothing like what the fans wanted...
But everything the rumours claimed... what a crying shame.

DXeXodus
6th Oct 2008, 12:36
Deus Ex 3: To feature auto health regene...

Oh wait. oops. :)

Mindmute
6th Oct 2008, 19:47
"Latest Scoop on Deus Ex 3 Storyline!"

The player plays as Adam, an augmented security guard who works in a kindergarten.
Through social interaction and several puzzles solved by his two co-protagonists (Jamie, age 4 and Maggie age 5) the game starts to unravel and they discover a conspiracy from the headmaster of the school to cancel all nap time and cookie breaks.
Which side will YOU take?

René
6th Oct 2008, 21:41
The player plays as Adam, an augmented security guard who works in a kindergarten.

It's not a tumor! <------- HAHA! (DXe :) )

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j79/JoeyTapes/KindergardenCop16.jpg

foxberg
20th Oct 2008, 18:10
To please gamers while they are waiting for the game that won't meet their expectations Eidos decided to release an Action Pack to their first DX: Deus Ex - Halloween Edition. JC is back and dressed as a Batman. His goal is to save the planet from the skeletons in closets and chase all those scary cats away. He can augment himself by collecting pumpkins throughout the game. Eidos is proudly announcing that since it will be played entirely in a God mode the game will be suited for ages 3+.

Deus_Ex_Machina
20th Oct 2008, 22:10
Deus Ex 3 To Take Place In Africa

Reuters - Eidos has announced that the upcoming Deus Ex 3 will take place in Africa.

When asked why, Eidos reps. replied, "With the recent trend in AAA franchises taking place in Africa (Resident Evil 5, Far Cry 2, etc.), we have decided to CONFORM and make Deus Ex 3 take place in Africa as well. We've taken care to portray Africa as realistically as possible."

When asked to elaborate, Eidos reps. said, "Well, we sent an intern to africa with a camera. A few weeks later we found his bullet-riddled corpse with the camera clutched in his cold-dead hand. After examining the camera footage, we've determined that Africa has bushes with trees and starving children. Using this information, we have crafted the story of Deus Ex 3. Without giving too much away, we can say that Deus Ex 3 is about a conspiracy that involves greedy bio-tech corps. poking starving African children with sticks. It'll be great fun."

Before our interview was over, Eidos had another surprise for us.

"Well, we wanted to wait until Deus Ex 3 was closer to launch before revealing this, but EA GAMES will be handling development with us. Isn't that great!"

Mindmute
21st Oct 2008, 00:29
"Well, we wanted to wait until Deus Ex 3 was closer to launch before revealing this, but EA GAMES will be handling development with us. Isn't that great!"

Even in this thread, even as a JOKE, please don't say that... :(

Deus_Ex_Machina
21st Oct 2008, 00:46
Even in this thread, even as a JOKE, please don't say that... :(

Yeah, I know what you mean.