PDA

View Full Version : What really happened to Kurtis...

brianthedog
19th Aug 2008, 12:57
I had an idea last night... Eidos had created a story based on TR6,right? Well, apparently, it was forgotten and they came up with something new... BUT... Couldn't we just ask someone there: "OK, Kurtis does not exist anymore, but what had youplanned to do with him anyway? What had you planned to do with the Nephilim?"

What do you think? Is it possible?

josh1122
19th Aug 2008, 13:03
I had an idea last night... Eidos had created a story based on TR6,right? Well, apparently, it was forgotten and they came up with something new... BUT... Couldn't we just ask someone there: "OK, Kurtis does not exist anymore, but what had youplanned to do with him anyway? What had you planned to do with the Nephilim?"

What do you think? Is it possible?

Games probably would've turned into a dawson creek love angle between lara and kurtis :lol:

scary thought :nut:

Even though I didn't like AOD or Kurtis, i wonder the same at times

Rexie
19th Aug 2008, 13:04
Kurtis is alive, There as a prt written for him in AOD2.

LaraCroftRox
19th Aug 2008, 13:12

..Didn't they axe that?? :scratch:

brianthedog
19th Aug 2008, 13:20

AOD2? you mean they had announced details of the game? Where couldI find more information? I would like to find out how it happened. How he would survive. I mean, yeah, he would do stuff with lara:D and so.... I'm juts curious...:cool:

Rexie
19th Aug 2008, 13:27
AOD2? you mean they had announced details of the game? Where couldI find more information? I would like to find out how it happened. How he would survive. I mean, yeah, he would do stuff with lara:D and so.... I'm juts curious...:cool:

from TRC:

Continuity - "There's a whole time period between the temple collapsing and the beginning of this game that isn't covered in The Angel of Darkness but may be in the second. We call the period internally 'Lara of Arabia.' We have the whole time period mapped out, what actually happened to her, where she's been. There's also another time period of when she came back to London. She had a near death experience when she survived the temple. Causing her to hang up her guns. We seriously looked at making her an alcoholic, having Croft Manor burnt down. We wanted her life in a mess and she returns facing one catastrophe after another, she comes back and Croft Manor is burning to the floor. Then she hits the bottle, of course. Lots of things to change the situation, to really get her down. But we thought that was a little bit extreme. We also had reservations about what the movie people were doing, in so far as we burn Croft Manor down it would stick out a bit and make it difficult for them. That's as much as we've ever tied-in to the movies."

Kurtis Doomed - "The last time you see Kurtis he's collapsed on the floor, injured. He's being considered for the second game and could be a really big part of it, but ... if he stiffs and people really hate him, potentially he could be dead. I hope not though, because there's already a part written for him in the second and third games. That's why Lara collects Kurtis' Chirugai weapon at the end of The Angel of Darkness. The give-away is that it glows, showing that he still has power and so that Kurtis could be alive. Will Lara get to him in time? You'll have to wait and find out! In the second game Lara goes to the Nephilim stronghold under Cappadocia. The whole game is under Turkey in Cappadocia. Lara finds some secret passage and that's where the Nephilim race were, that was their stronghold. She's given Karel everything he needs, so he's gone back there and is starting something that Lara has to stop. We never really wanted to reveal the Nephilim in their true form. We showed the Sleeper, but that's as much as we ever wanted to show of them. What we're actually doing now for the second game is designing the whole Nephilim race: what do Nephilim look like? You'll have to wait and see..."

LaraCroftRox
19th Aug 2008, 13:30
I think i read that in 2005.... :confused: :scratch: I could've imagined it.....

brianthedog
19th Aug 2008, 13:31
CCCCOOOOOLLL!!!! It's so dark! Thanks!!

josh1122
19th Aug 2008, 13:31
Id hate for a AOD 2 after hearing that. I prefer Lara to work alone and alone only. Don't need a second character ''side kick'' to take part of the spot light

LaraCroftRox
19th Aug 2008, 13:34
Id hate for a AOD 2 after hearing that. I prefer Lara to work alone and alone only. Don't need a second character ''side kick'' to take part of the spot light

Thank You! :D

brianthedog
19th Aug 2008, 13:41
Id hate for a AOD 2 after hearing that. I prefer Lara to work alone and alone only

Well, it's not that I hated him. I didn't likeplaying withhim, but I liked her having some partners. Some allies. Like Zip and Alister. Although things don't seem to work out very good... Have you watched the latest trailer, btw? .

josh1122
19th Aug 2008, 13:45
Well, it's not that I hated him. I didn't likeplaying withhim, but I liked her having some partners. Some allies. Like Zip and Alister. Although things don't seem to work out very good... Have you watched the latest trailer, btw? .

well yeah its good to have partners and what not but these games are about LARA and we don't need to be playing as another character other than her. Just have her ''partners'' in nothing more than cutscenes because if we start having to play as other characters OTHER than Lara than it loses interest to me because I play it to play as Lara and go on adventures and such as her, not to play as some love interest dude lol

and yeah I saw the trailer, crazy stuff

Laura Croft
19th Aug 2008, 18:21
from TRC:

Continuity - "There's a whole time period between the temple collapsing and the beginning of this game that isn't covered in The Angel of Darkness but may be in the second. We call the period internally 'Lara of Arabia.' We have the whole time period mapped out, what actually happened to her, where she's been. There's also another time period of when she came back to London. She had a near death experience when she survived the temple. Causing her to hang up her guns. We seriously looked at making her an alcoholic, having Croft Manor burnt down. We wanted her life in a mess and she returns facing one catastrophe after another, she comes back and Croft Manor is burning to the floor. Then she hits the bottle, of course. Lots of things to change the situation, to really get her down. But we thought that was a little bit extreme. We also had reservations about what the movie people were doing, in so far as we burn Croft Manor down it would stick out a bit and make it difficult for them. That's as much as we've ever tied-in to the movies."

Kurtis Doomed - "The last time you see Kurtis he's collapsed on the floor, injured. He's being considered for the second game and could be a really big part of it, but ... if he stiffs and people really hate him, potentially he could be dead. I hope not though, because there's already a part written for him in the second and third games. That's why Lara collects Kurtis' Chirugai weapon at the end of The Angel of Darkness. The give-away is that it glows, showing that he still has power and so that Kurtis could be alive. Will Lara get to him in time? You'll have to wait and find out! In the second game Lara goes to the Nephilim stronghold under Cappadocia. The whole game is under Turkey in Cappadocia. Lara finds some secret passage and that's where the Nephilim race were, that was their stronghold. She's given Karel everything he needs, so he's gone back there and is starting something that Lara has to stop. We never really wanted to reveal the Nephilim in their true form. We showed the Sleeper, but that's as much as we ever wanted to show of them. What we're actually doing now for the second game is designing the whole Nephilim race: what do Nephilim look like? You'll have to wait and see..."

That's very interesting, thanks for that. I think if they had gone ahead with the AoD2-3 they should have kept Kurtis as a non-playable character rather than playable, because Lara is enough as it is IMO.

Ben-Raider
19th Aug 2008, 18:28
I liked AOD but if it had a few small improvements it could have been a good game

josh1122
19th Aug 2008, 18:49
Lara is the only character I even care to play as. Don't need Kurtis. he can stay in the cut scenes and then id be happy :)

You know what would be f'ed up though. Even though I hate him what if.

Kurtis blew up Laras manor in TRU lol

blonde croft
19th Aug 2008, 18:52
Revenge on Lara for not looking for him

josh1122
19th Aug 2008, 19:00
yeah that would be the ultimate tough love lol

Get-Out-Of-My-Way-Or-Die
19th Aug 2008, 19:09
Revenge on Lara for not looking for him
I'd be wetting myself if that was true!!:lmao: I wouldn't mind a few more AoD games - though they could remake the original one as i could not see or understand anything!!:confused: Anyway, OMG!! I remember my friend saying to me that Kurtis looked hot and he sounded sexy!!?? She must of been very dunk then - it was her birthday and i brought it over hers and she was talking about him!!!?? :lol: If Kurtis did blow up Lara's mansion, then i'd be buying it for laughing at!!!!!

josh1122
19th Aug 2008, 19:12
I'd be wetting myself if that was true!!:lmao: I wouldn't mind a few more AoD games - though they could remake the original one as i could not see or understand anything!!:confused: Anyway, OMG!! I remember my friend saying to me that Kurtis looked hot and he sounded sexy!!?? She must of been very dunk then - it was her birthday and i brought it over hers and she was talking about him!!!?? :lol: If Kurtis did blow up Lara's mansion, then i'd be buying it for laughing at!!!!!

As long as Kurtis wouldn't be a playable character in any future AoD games(if they end up making one) and the bugs or controls were fixed. It would actually be enjoyable. Lara is the only playable character we need :thumbsup:

blonde croft
19th Aug 2008, 19:15

only if they keep the outfit but make them cooler!