PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Ascension comes to London

ladycroft27
18th Aug 2008, 22:36
TRA @ Portobello Film Festival
If you happen to be in London on the 11th September and fancy seeing TR Ascension on the big screen then head over to the Portobello Film Festival.
'Tomb Raider Ascension' - a fan film by Stephen Reynolds, shot in 7 days with a budget of 10k. It has shown in New York and New Zealand and now it comes to London. Showing at the Portobello Film Festival.

Its Free to attend.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Time:10:00pm - 11:00pm

Location: westbourne studios 242 acklam road, London, United Kingdom

Nearest Tube station: Westbourne Park

Come along and check it out!

josh1122
18th Aug 2008, 22:37
I've seen it.

I actually thought it was pretty good for fan film giving the budget they probably had.

good stuff lol. :thumbsup:

Laura Croft
18th Aug 2008, 22:58
Is there a link where we can watch it online? I don't think I'll be travelling 3 hours to London just to watch a short film, lol.

josh1122
18th Aug 2008, 23:09
Is there a link where we can watch it online? I don't think I'll be travelling 3 hours to London just to watch a short film, lol.

Yeah the film is i think a little less than an hour long.

I'll pm you

tombraidergal
23rd Aug 2008, 15:13
i heard of that ages ago, like i saw it early 2008, i have posted a reply on a thread somewhere is the legend section about a legend movie (Not my thread) The acting looks quite bad but it still looks good and that lara is way too young to play lara croft.

ladycroft27
26th Aug 2008, 20:30
[QUOTE=tombraidergal;805399]i heard of that ages ago, like i saw it early 2008,QUOTE]

Where did you see this? by early 2008 it had only been screened in Wolverhampton, Birmingham, later it was screened in New York and New Zealand - so I wonder whether your getting confused with another fanfilm. And the comment about Lara looking too young.....she is ment to be 17 - 21 in this film and she certainly doesnt look too young to play 17.

This film will be release online on the 11th september this year...maybe you should watch it when its available (bearing in mind that it was shot in 7 days on a budget of 10k, just for the love of it) and then see what you think.

josh1122
26th Aug 2008, 20:44
I sound like a broken record but.. I thought it was pretty good for fan made considering the budget they used, they managed to pull off a pretty good movie.

Granted. At times she did look a bit awkward but then at other times she fit the role very well. I guess in the end it just comes down to a matter of perspective and just going by that resources they had at the time, they did a good job :thumbsup:

ihatemilkduds
27th Aug 2008, 04:40
I sound like a broken record but.. I thought it was pretty good for fan made considering the budget they used, they managed to pull off a pretty good movie.

Granted. At times she did look a bit awkward but then at other times she fit the role very well. I guess in the end it just comes down to a matter of perspective and just going by that resources they had at the time, they did a good job :thumbsup:

I watched a couple of the scenes on youtube. Of course she's a bit awkward sometimes, she's not yet the Lara we know so well today. She's still learning the ropes. The movie looks like it has its moments. Some of the shots are done pretty well and there are moments where the acting is quite decent. It seemed like some of the dialogue was a bit slow and so it dragged the scene but for 7 days, 10K. . .I agree that it's a most valiant effort. :thumbsup: