PDA

View Full Version : Thief 3 - No menu

Griffin
17th Aug 2008, 16:32
Many apologies if this has been posted before.

I can intall and run Thief 3 but when i run it i get the intro video on loop, i cant get the menu, except if i press escape when i get the menu for like a second then back to the video.

Griffin
17th Aug 2008, 16:41
Im running Windows Xp and have more than enough memory and space :mad2:

adamii
15th Dec 2008, 12:42
I´ve got the same problem....theres some text at the start of the game...than theres menu for one sec and than back that video....while i succesfuly click on new game that game crashes.... so i have to close it -.- someone can help us with this pls?:confused: :confused:

jtr7
15th Dec 2008, 19:32
A frequently asked question:

The Intro movie keeps repeating and I can't start a game!
It is very likely that you have a Dual or Quad Core processor, which is the cause of the problem.
The solution is to set Thief III to use only one core. This can be accomplished by entering the Processes tab of the Task Manager when the game is running, right clicking each of the Thief III-releated processes (T3Main.exe, T3.exe), selecting "Affinity" and unchecking one of the CPUs.

You can make this change permanent by following Salvage's guide he wrote for The Dark Engine (http://www16.brinkster.com/salvage/thief/darkengine.htm) (Thief 1, Gold, 2 and System Shock 2) and making the changes to T3.exe and T3Main.exe instead.