PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever dreamt about DX3?

gamer0004
16th Aug 2008, 06:46
I've now dreamt twice about DX3... What bothers me was that it was just a decent game. Not decent in an IW way, really decent, decent story, just not very exciting. But I guess I "played" a version of before Alpha so not all hope is lost :D . The HUD was blue * la IW, but other than that looked more like the HUD of DX. I used a futurised M16, which won't be used in 2072 anymore, so it was a prequel. Even though I do not believe in visions it is one of the most convincing clues that it is going to be a prequel. But I guess it rather means that our other clues are useless :rasp:
So, am I the only one who's dreamt about DX3?

Xcom
16th Aug 2008, 07:23
LOL! Can't say that I have.

El_Bel
16th Aug 2008, 10:35
I have played a map one time. It was great, but unfortunately i forgot it :(

Tsumaru
16th Aug 2008, 12:47
I used a futurised M16, which won't be used in 2072 anymore, so it was a prequel. Even though I do not believe in visions it is one of the most convincing clues that it is going to be a prequel.
What?

gamer0004
16th Aug 2008, 18:18
I mean I used a futuristic M16 in my dream, and I don't think they will have the M16 or something very similar after 2050+.

jcp28
16th Aug 2008, 20:17
I actually expect the game to end up very similar to your dream. Well, okay, maybe a little better. Like say 8 or 8.5 out of 10 on my personal rating scale.

Fen
16th Aug 2008, 20:43
Actually yes. I dreamt I was in Deus ex, working with a group of other augementated agents to inflitrate some place. There was one of those security bypass panels, which I opened up and fiddled around with the wires, thus shutting off a security system that was preventing our group from moving forward.

When I woke up, I didnt make a connection to Deus ex straight away, but I thought it was a pretty interesting dream. When I did make the connection, I went online and searched for DX stuff. This was when I became aware they were making DX3.

Epok__
18th Aug 2008, 14:36
I'm sure you won't belive me, but it's true :

I dreamt about Deus Ex 3 at a time I didn't knew it would be released.
On the next day, I tried to delete some old favorites, so I went through my list, surfing on the pages saved to see if I shoul'd delete this one or not... And I found a page about Deux Ex I had forgotten... announcing Deus Ex 3, and linking to this site/forum !

So I dreamt about it, then I found this site, but with absolutely no link and in the same day... So talk me about premonitory dreams...

rhalibus
18th Aug 2008, 17:54
I had a dream that I was walking in the shore part of the Ocean Labs level, with all the monolithic walls, showing all my friends how realistic the game was...:)

One of the marks of an immersive game is that you remember levels as places in real life on a sub-conscious level--e.g. dreaming about them.

Graphics don't matter as much as your freedom in the game; I've played games with great graphics (Crysis, Mass Effect) but never thought of them as actual immersive worlds.

I hope DX3 is dream-worthy. :)

Tracer Tong
19th Aug 2008, 01:45
LOL! Can't say that I have.

Agreed. There are plenty more things to dream about other than a game. ;)

I may dream about buying it when closing in on the release date, but not actually playing it.

DXeXodus
19th Aug 2008, 04:13
I may dream about buying it when closing in on the release date, but not actually playing it.

Then you wake up and it's February 2009 and the game is still many months away. You roll over and shed a tear before you return to your dream again.

B0b_P@ge
20th Aug 2008, 02:25
I've now dreamt twice about DX3 ...
So, am I the only one who's dreamt about DX3?

Your not the only one my friend!