PDA

View Full Version : 4 Games Square Enix Should Be Working On Instead of Final Fantasy XIII-3

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 20:18
Dont attack me ;).

I came across this today and found it an interesting read. What do you guys think?:

n4g.com/news/1050616/4-games-square-enix... (http://n4g.com/news/1050616/4-games-square-enix-should-be-working-on-instead-of-final-fantasy-xiii-3)

www.playstationeuphoria.com/general/4-ga... (http://www.playstationeuphoria.com/general/4-games-square-enix-should-be-working-on-instead-of-final-fantasy-xiii-3.html)

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 20:25
Dont attack me ;).

I came across this today and found it an interesting read. What do you guys think?:

n4g.com/news/1050616/4-games-square-enix... (http://n4g.com/news/1050616/4-games-square-enix-should-be-working-on-instead-of-final-fantasy-xiii-3)

www.playstationeuphoria.com/general/4-ga... (http://www.playstationeuphoria.com/general/4-games-square-enix-should-be-working-on-instead-of-final-fantasy-xiii-3.html)

ehhh SE is gonna do what they want...sometimes its what we want sometimes its not....in the end...as long as Final Fantasy is somewhere in there im happy...

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 20:27
Dont attack me ;).

I agree. But, since Cavia shut down...I wouldn't know about a Nier II. Cavia was also working on a first-person shooter called Catacombs.

They rest, though, are necessary.

member_10641175
1st Aug 2012, 20:50
I am looking foreward to FF Versus. THere is apparently a FF announcement end of August (which is probably FF XIII-3), but I hope they show gameplay of FF Versus Xiii to let us know that the game isn't dead

member_10822883
1st Aug 2012, 20:55
Versus XIII sure, and maybe Nier II, but definitely disagree about a remake of VII.

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 20:55
I am looking foreward to FF Versus. THere is apparently a FF announcement end of August (which is probably FF XIII-3), but I hope they show gameplay of FF Versus Xiii to let us know that the game isn't dead

hii welcome to the forum ^^

member_10016822
1st Aug 2012, 20:56
Most of these games would have different development teams anyway and could be worked on (and in some cases are) at the same time.

member_10641175
1st Aug 2012, 20:59

Thanks! I've been registered for a while now, finally decided to check out the forums :P

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 21:06

Thanks! I've been registered for a while now, finally decided to check out the forums :P

Well still welcome to the forums. You'll find a lot of us around here are pretty friendly and very welcoming.

member_10641175
1st Aug 2012, 21:14

Well still welcome to the forums. You'll find a lot of us around here are pretty friendly and very welcoming.

Amazing! Can't wait to see what I come across these forums!

Azure
1st Aug 2012, 21:15
Versus XIII sure, and maybe Nier II, but definitely disagree about a remake of VII.

Yeah , I disagree about Final Fantasy VII remake too. We don't need a remake . FFXV should be on the list

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 21:19

Yeah , I disagree about Final Fantasy VII remake too. We don't need a remake . FFXV should be on the list

Yea, I change my mind on that now. A Final Fantasy VII remake is not a necessity.

markz2
1st Aug 2012, 21:19
All I need right now is deff Final Fantasy XIII-3

I must see it through the end, DAMN!

:D

Markz

MagiusNecros
1st Aug 2012, 21:22
Needs more GILGAMESH

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 21:25

Markz

Welcome to the forums Markz :). Thats cool, everyone is free to express their opinions here. I can see that some fans do want closure and trust me I understand (where is KH3?!?!) but I think personally Square Enix should focus on games that have been in development forever or fans have been waiting forever for (KH3 and Versus XIII). I think delaying XIII-3 a while until after Versus XIII and KH3 is too much to ask from Square and XIII fans. :)

member_10641175
1st Aug 2012, 21:33

Markz

I know what you mean. The ending left such a cliffhanger. THe main thing I'm wondering about is who are we gonna play as this time in 3???

LennethLionK3
1st Aug 2012, 21:39
I'm more interested in FFXIII-3 myself, but I agree that Versus XIII should have more focus atm, along with FFXIV. I feel sorry for all the FFXIV fans and subscribers for never having a real, complete game.

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 21:49
Could Square Enix not make the story of Final Fantasy XIII and/or Final Fantasy XIII-2 complete? I wonder how they managed not to do this.

member_10287709
1st Aug 2012, 21:56
I got to Grand Pulse in FF13. No further, and even though I'm interested to see if 13-2 is changed for the better I think another one right after Is not what SE should be doing.. Got quite into Nier, but must say I could care less about a sequel. I'm only interested in what games we know of atm. XIV reboot and Versus. I really want all their power to go into Versus dangit http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 22:01
I got to Grand Pulse in FF13. No further, and even though I'm interested to see if 13-2 is changed for the better I think another one right after Is not what SE should be doing.. Got quite into Nier, but must say I could care less about a sequel. I'm only interested in what games we know of atm. XIV reboot and Versus. I really want all their power to go into Versus dangit /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Welcome to the forums! And I feel your pain man.... we all do /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

member_10287709
1st Aug 2012, 22:10
I got to Grand Pulse in FF13. No further, and even though I'm interested to see if 13-2 is changed for the better I think another one right after Is not what SE should be doing.. Got quite into Nier, but must say I could care less about a sequel. I'm only interested in what games we know of atm. XIV reboot and Versus. I really want all their power to go into Versus dangit /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Welcome to the forums! And I feel your pain man.... we all do /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Thanks! :). Btw i went to change avatar and nothing changed :/.. Good to see others want Versus like me, figured people forgot or just assumed it'll be crap.

member_10229037
1st Aug 2012, 22:10
Gonna throw in my two cents here , how could you have a list like this and leave a chrono trigger sequel out? as well as FF 15 should be ahead of a remake of FF 7 totally agree on Kingdom Hearts 3 though.

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 22:19

Thanks! :). Btw i went to change avatar and nothing changed :/.. Good to see others want Versus like me, figured people forgot or just assumed it'll be crap.

You may change it but a mod has to approve it. It may take a up to a few days for your avatar to get approved.

slaugterboy21
1st Aug 2012, 22:34
Kingdom Hearts 3 definitly because dream drop gave us a cliffhanger and thinking tht a new one will come out or a remastered version also it should be on Ps3 or Wii because people cant afford a 3ds that came out i think a year or months ago.

Lightning_Stryker
1st Aug 2012, 22:40
I wanna see Versus because it looks awesome and I wanna see how the finished product ends up, but I also want to see KH3. Though i wouldn't mind another game that came throughout the timeline of KH.... Lolz
But I'm hoping to hear that when Versus is finished, that they start
working on KH3 :)

member_10641175
2nd Aug 2012, 00:08
That's probably what's gonna happen. It's probably working on XIII-3, then versus, then KH3 plus other games on the side

aaronwebb91
2nd Aug 2012, 00:38
i kinda wish that square enix would have finished the series with 13-2 hell there didnt need to be one but it was quite enjoayble none the less, but yeah it should have been finished then but they leave you with a dead serah and lightning at the end waking from a crystal sleepafter who knows how long there needs to be a cocl9usion of some sort.

Syn
2nd Aug 2012, 01:29
i kinda wish that square enix would have finished the series with 13-2 hell there didnt need to be one but it was quite enjoayble none the less, but yeah it should have been finished then but they leave you with a dead serah and lightning at the end waking from a crystal sleepafter who knows how long there needs to be a cocl9usion of some sort.

They could've just made the ending DLC since they where big on the for XIII-2, am not sure it deserves another entire 40-50 hour game, but, then again thats just my opinion, I for one want to see Versus, as well as XIV, I was kinda hurt by the fact the first iteration was so bad, have high hopes for the reboot.

aaronwebb91
2nd Aug 2012, 02:50
yes versus as far as i have read is going to be mind boggling to see let alone play and just hearing that makes the wait almost unberable.

member_10641175
2nd Aug 2012, 07:16
yes versus as far as i have read is going to be mind boggling to see let alone play and just hearing that makes the wait almost unberable.

Doesn't the protagonist in Versus remind you of a grown up Emo Bartz whith his ability to create many disserent kinds of weapons?

Also, From what little gameplay I saw, it reminds me of Crisis Core FFVII where there is not ATB, but who knows what happened since then...

ZachiroEnigma0
2nd Aug 2012, 08:37

Amazing! Can't wait to see what I come across these forums!

WARNING

me and a few other people...*cough* psycho especially! *cough*

anyway me and a few otehr people *Cough* syn! *cough*

hehe me and a few other people are prone to spazz out with excitement, argue, and freak out over Final Fantasy Versus xiii

im obsessed with that game...x.x...

Lightning_Stryker
2nd Aug 2012, 08:51
Lolz well hopefully we get these games or at least some news on these games soon! :D

member_10829610
2nd Aug 2012, 10:35
I disagree with the VII remake. I mean, this game has been rereleased at least twice (about to be three times come September).

FFVSXIII was a no-brainer almost. Same with KHIII. But aren't two different teams working on the XIII series and VSXIII?

Nier II? I guess...

member_10628951
2nd Aug 2012, 11:38
I think since the Versus team helped the XIII team finish their game the XIII team should return the favor instead of always focusing on what Toriyama wants.

ZachiroEnigma0
2nd Aug 2012, 12:04
I think since the Versus team helped the XIII team finish their game the XIII team should return the favor instead of always focusing on what Toriyama wants.

if it wasnt for XIII-3 they probably would help them.....i gotta say 13-3 better end it...if cauis comes back one more time he is OFFICALLY mroe annoying then seymour, barthandelus, sephiroph, and all the other bosses in FF who juuust keep coming back!! DX

member_10628951
2nd Aug 2012, 12:14
No villain can be more annoying then Seymour. That dude just wouldn't die. Villains who just keep coming back from the dead is something that annoys me as a gamer. X would have probably been my favorite FF if Seymour didn't keep coming back.

ZachiroEnigma0
2nd Aug 2012, 12:34
No villain can be more annoying then Seymour. That dude just wouldn't die. Villains who just keep coming back from the dead is something that annoys me as a gamer. X would have probably been my favorite FF if Seymour didn't keep coming back.

barthandelus (falcie boss in FFXIII) is mroe annoying than seymour cuz no only did he come back like 5-6 times but he was the part of the final boss aand he has over a million HP by the third battle!! DX

but caius!

he just wont die!!!

member_10628951
2nd Aug 2012, 12:56
None of the villains Toriyama has a hand in dies. They have to come back in 34 different forms before they die. I hate when he does that.

LennethLionK3
2nd Aug 2012, 13:08
It's fitting that Seymour keeps coming back because the whole game revolves around death. Seymour was bound to Spira by his anger, dillusional vision to "heal" Spira, and desire to become Sin.

ZachiroEnigma0
2nd Aug 2012, 13:16
None of the villains Toriyama has a hand in dies. They have to come back in 34 different forms before they die. I hate when he does that.

\hehe what if nomura decides to do that with the white robbed men in versus??

only it'd be like in 9; right whne your ABOUT to kill them they run off like coswards only to come back at a later date x.x.

member_10628951
2nd Aug 2012, 13:47
^^^ at least they don't die and then magically come back. That just sound lazy and a poor excuse not to make a different boss for certain sections.

Nomura usually doesnt do that with the villains and bosses he create. He does it like "okay you only fight them once but they have like 5 stages to the boss fight" the difference:

Toriyama: Bosses and Villians keep coming back and you have to fight them over and over again

Nomura: 1 Fight; 5 Stage battle (has like 3-4 different forums).

I like Nomura's approach more. It's less annoying and makes the bosses feel epic and hard. And most of the time it serves the story better.

member_10065748
2nd Aug 2012, 13:53
Square has proven itself to be the master of suspens. We're always yearning for what's in the works and suffering from the lack of any surfaced news. Final Fantasy XIII-3 is ok in my book, I mean I've already played through XIII & XIII-2 so why the hell not? I truly do wish we could have Versus XIII, KH III, Remakes of VI & VII, and the X remaster that's already been announced. All in due time but time has been ticking square; lay the cards on the table or fold so we can move on man.

ZachiroEnigma0
2nd Aug 2012, 13:54
^^^ at least they don't die and then magically come back. That just sound lazy and a poor excuse not to make a different boss for certain sections. Nomura usually doesnt do that with the villains and bosses he create. He does it like "okay you only fight them once but they have like 5 stages to the boss fight" the difference: Toriyama: Bosses and Villians keep coming back and you have to fight them over and over again Nomura: 1 Fight; 5 Stage battle (has like 3-4 different forums). I like Nomura's approach more. It's less annoying and makes the bosses feel epic and hard. And most of the time it serves the story better.

heey what if like..we gotta fight king caelum....x.x...that could be near impossible...like he becomes controlled or something....what if that white haired guy who points the gun to caelum is like noct's grandpa??? sooo many possibilities....x.x.

member_10628951
2nd Aug 2012, 13:58
Haha maybe (doubt it) but maybe. All will be known in due time.

ZachiroEnigma0
2nd Aug 2012, 14:04
Haha maybe (doubt it) but maybe. All will be known in due time.

you sounds like a guru lol but i cant help it...im extreme imaginative...

member_10628951
2nd Aug 2012, 20:48
Hahaha I do huh? So that's a good thing right?

ZachiroEnigma0
3rd Aug 2012, 12:44
Hahaha I do huh? So that's a good thing right?

gurus are wise and knowwhat theyre talking about so yeah ^^

member_10077577
3rd Aug 2012, 13:06
^^^ at least they don't die and then magically come back. That just sound lazy and a poor excuse not to make a different boss for certain sections. Nomura usually doesnt do that with the villains and bosses he create. He does it like "okay you only fight them once but they have like 5 stages to the boss fight" the difference: Toriyama: Bosses and Villians keep coming back and you have to fight them over and over again Nomura: 1 Fight; 5 Stage battle (has like 3-4 different forums). I like Nomura's approach more. It's less annoying and makes the bosses feel epic and hard. And most of the time it serves the story better.

heey what if like..we gotta fight king caelum....x.x...that could be near impossible...like he becomes controlled or something....what if that white haired guy who points the gun to caelum is like noct's grandpa??? sooo many possibilities....x.x.

I have a deep feeling that it is his grandfather...

ZachiroEnigma0
4th Aug 2012, 22:03

I have a deep feeling that it is his grandfather...

me too...oooo what if its his GGP?? (great grandpa)...dirty old folks need to die in vide ogames lol tekken did that in tekken5.. jinpachi is jin's grandpa and hes SO OLD!!

but anyway if you look closely atthe white robed guy who noct faces off with is super young...maybe its like noct's uncle?? lol but if theyre not related then he's probably the old guy who faces off with king calum..its probably old mans son

member_10822883
4th Aug 2012, 23:23

Enhhh, it might be the fact that I don't particularly like Nomura's character designs (or anything really), but I've always liked Toriyama's approach better. Storywise I think both do a pretty good job of creating worthy storyline bosses, but I prefer the progressional antagonist a lot more generally.

member_10628951
4th Aug 2012, 23:57
Well Nomura did create one of the most iconic villians ever. You know.... Sephiroth. And created Ansem, Xemnas and Xehanort (some of the most cunning and manipulative evil villains in video games). So there's that...

member_10822883
5th Aug 2012, 00:53
I don't think Sephiroth is a compelling villian at all. And Xemnas? He's thoroughly generic. Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xehanort aren't awful, but they're not exactly innovative. Not to say that Barthandelus is groundbreaking, but I find him a lot more inspired than I do most of the recent SE antagonists.

member_10628951
5th Aug 2012, 01:19
That's certainly an interesting opinion. I personally think they are all awesome villains and are some of the best villains in video game history. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

member_10822883
5th Aug 2012, 01:23
Oh, naturally. I've just always been left cold by them. I do admittedly have a soft spot for both Master Xehanort and ASoD; it's really a shame that Billy Zane stopped voicing the latter, as I thought his vocal take was really sublime and made the character.

member_10078668
5th Aug 2012, 03:54
I agree with VersusXIII and Kingdom Hearts III, but no on the FFVII remake. I love FFVII, but give that game/universe a break already! Geez, Louise.

Haven't played Nier, but it looks interesting enough.

Overall, I just want Square to give the whole Final Fantasy franchise a break and work on something new and exciting. Final Fantasy fans already have certain expectations of a Final Fantasy title. With a new franchise, there's no expectations to be made and hence more freedom to create something that can be on par with the Final Fantasy franchise without the backlash of an established fanbase.

Asuha
5th Aug 2012, 19:09
All of those things in the list would be nice.

ZachiroEnigma0
6th Aug 2012, 13:14
All of those things in the list would be nice.

true...and i dreamt about versus...again...x.x....i ahve a seriously problem...

*goes to rehab*..hi..im Zachiro, and im obsessed with Final Fantasy Versus XIII

XDDDD but seriously...i am really going crazy over that game...onyl final fntasy vdoes this to me..