PDA

View Full Version : MISC. January 9th Patch Notes

Psyonix_Corey
9th Jan 2014, 19:48
Hunter
All Crossbows
- Firing spread in ironsights increased to 70% of normal, up from 50%
- Aim assist strength now scales down with distance, reducing assisted accuracy at extreme distances

Siege Bow
- Damage reduced to 95, was 100

Grenade
- Cooldown increased to 15 seconds, was 10

Sticky Grenade
- Cooldown increased to 15 seconds, was 10

Scout
All Bows
- Aim assist strength now scales down with distance, reducing accuracy at extreme distances

Compound Bow
- Unaimed damage increased to 190, was 185

Swiftbow
- Unaimed damage increased to 185, was 170

Storm Bow
- Unaimed explosion damage increased to 180, was 150
- Explosion radius increased to 350
- Clip size increased to 5, was 4
- Fire rate increased to 1.25, was 1.2

War Bow
- Unaimed damage increased to 205, was 185

Reaver
Choking Haze
- Damage now increases the longer a player stands in the effect radius, rather than based on how long the cloud has been active

Team Deathmatch
- Fixed a bug causing Match Winner to not be calculated correctly

Matchmaking
- Servers will now attempt to balance teams by averaging out players by their Overall Rank (the number on your player portrait)
- Organized player parties will temporarily be eligible to be separated across both teams for balancing purposes
- NOTE: Bugs were discovered that sometimes cause the teams to not balance correctly, or parties to not be split up when they need to be for balance. A new patch will be deployed next week to address lingering issues.

Sommerdamm
- Various collision fixes and climbing fixes

Misc
- Textures can no longer be set below quality settings exposed in the Options menu by editing the INI directly. This prevents users from gaining a visibility advantage at settings unintended for the game.

Oroibahazopi
9th Jan 2014, 19:52
Hunter
All Crossbows
- Firing spread in ironsights increased to 70% of normal, up from 50%

Anti skill right there.

Kuro1n
9th Jan 2014, 22:41
Why does the war bow do less damage than the starter bow when drawn up? Confusing.

cmstache
9th Jan 2014, 22:51
It causes a stun and negates abilities. It's pretty broken atm. There's no competing with it. It also gives fall damage on top of what's said.

Kuro1n
9th Jan 2014, 23:23
Does the normal shots also cause stun or just the charged one? Personally so far I feel like I've preferred using the swiftbow.

cmstache
9th Jan 2014, 23:40
Just the stun, but the swiftbow will yield higher damage output overall. It's just as team oriented.

Hugbringer
10th Jan 2014, 00:01
I don't have much in the way of concerns or complaints, I like this patch. Though getting a feel for it requires trials and data :) Guess I gotta play more, huh? Might see people actually use the Storm bow, spiffy!

The reaver poison fog is a spiffy idea, makes people still move, but might make the tactic of pouncing people in the fog a bit 'Too' effective? Though thats just a thought and no practical experience just yet and I'm mostly curious how fast the damage ramps up. I'm quite sure my concerns are moot though as if I've thought of it, you guys have thought of it already and balanced DoT appropriately. So nevermind.... Game on!

cmstache
10th Jan 2014, 00:25
I really think the warbow needs more work. It's still got way too much damage output to got with the stun. The issue I think is that it's so easy to hit, not so much the damage. Let's face it, it's not that hard to land a snipe. I think that a leg or arm shot shouldn't have the stun effect but keep the damage. Leave the stuns for body shots. (Maybe reduce the reticle size to make this more viable?) It doesn't change the size of the target in the end, just the amount of area covered by it.

Psyonix_Corey
10th Jan 2014, 01:36
I really think the warbow needs more work. It's still got way too much damage output to got with the stun. The issue I think is that it's so easy to hit, not so much the damage. Let's face it, it's not that hard to land a snipe. I think that a leg or arm shot shouldn't have the stun effect but keep the damage. Leave the stuns for body shots. (Maybe reduce the reticle size to make this more viable?) It doesn't change the size of the target in the end, just the amount of area covered by it.

Interesting idea. Will discuss it with the team.

cmstache
10th Jan 2014, 01:43
Warbows, just seem to shut down ANY vamp team, which is a bit much for a single weapon. Especially since it has good damage output to go along with it. Longer draw time doesn't seem to be much of an issue with the snapshots. This make make it more of a challenge. The larger the vampire, the larger the target for them to hit. Might give the sents a bit more air defense too. They are at home in the sky, they shouldn't be more vulnerable than on land.

Kuro1n
10th Jan 2014, 02:02
I disagree with the statement about sents, they are already extremely strong and annoying when well played. Getting carried from your team is a death sentence.

jestdoit
10th Jan 2014, 02:34
I find the compound bow much better than the warbow. It's just easier to notice warbow hits since you get knocked over. The warbow can shut down aggressive/predictable jumpers- that's a very good thing.

The long draw time, slow fire rate, low clip size make it too situation, and exploitable as vampires if you know what you're doing.

Syst3mzero
10th Jan 2014, 04:05
I find the compound bow much better than the warbow. It's just easier to notice warbow hits since you get knocked over. The warbow can shut down aggressive/predictable jumpers- that's a very good thing.

The long draw time, slow fire rate, low clip size make it too situation, and exploitable as vampires if you know what you're doing.

agreed.
Although I use the swiftbow because its slightly more forgiving when you miss (I miss plenty unlike jest) and now its only 5 dmg less than compound.

Xaragoth
10th Jan 2014, 04:51
Hunter
Matchmaking
- Servers will now attempt to balance teams by averaging out players by their Overall Rank (the number on your player portrait)
- Organized player parties will temporarily be eligible to be separated across both teams for balancing purposes
- NOTE: Bugs were discovered that sometimes cause the teams to not balance correctly, or parties to not be split up when they need to be for balance. A new patch will be deployed next week to address lingering issues.

There is a display related bug right now, where people in the party that got split seem to see "Defeat" even if they win, if members in the party lose on the other team :)

Also stop putting Europeans on US Servers, how the hell are we supposed to play with pings between 200 and 400?

This is the inherent effect of making weapons Hitscan with the precise aiming of a PC Mouse. It might be more interesting to instead of making the shots more annoying to land properly, turn the War Bow into a projectile weapon when firing aimed arrows. This will lead to having to lead targets, instead of just putting the mouse right onto them and letting go. It's how most games solve sniping related issues (aside from the retarded idea of headshots being needed to 1HK with a .50 cal).

As a Tyrant Player, I am quite familiar with how easy it is to hit a big target with the hitscan weaponry. Easy enough to be annoying as hell and making me go Reaver more often now, because eating all the bolts from 3 Siege Bows is about as frustrating as it gets :P

Razaiim
10th Jan 2014, 06:08
I noticed that teams no longer shuffle after a match, and everyone lingers through intermission. Is this intended, or just a by-product of the matchmaker deciding the "ideal" teams. (kinda sour about near perfect ability to pit 3 waaay new guys and my self against experienced teams, sorry, done now).

lucinvampire
10th Jan 2014, 10:47
Team Deathmatch
- Fixed a bug causing Match Winner to not be calculated correctly

Yeah but I think it broke something else...if the vamps win match one then they loose.

Matchmaking

Is there a way to have your player level reset in game or something? The reason why I ask is with the new temporary ranking thing – I found it worse last night. I think it’s unfair to others when I get put (sometimes) as "the better player" because I have a higher level in a team because I’ve been playing a while – because I completely suck at the game. I would like to be able to play with people of my skill level (newer players) or feel less pressured when I do so badly…because at the moment I’m feel really bad of my 11 deaths to like 1 or 2 kills per match…I just think its unfair to others.

Sommerdamm
- Various collision fixes and climbing fixes

Found lots of places that are still unclimbable...more so than before.

RainaAudron
10th Jan 2014, 15:10
Maybe the simplest solution for people like Lucy would be to keep the New Recruit option even if you reach higher levels, and for others too in case you want to improve/train new class, what do you think?

lucinvampire
10th Jan 2014, 15:39
Maybe the simplest solution for people like Lucy would be to keep the New Recruit option even if you reach higher levels, and for others too in case you want to improve/train new class, what do you think?

Great idea Raina that would solve the issue :D …though the only thing is it may encourage others to go and pound some newbies for kicks – but in the Alpha/Beta hopefully people are more civil than that and wouldn’t do such a thing.

I would really like to try the Razielim too (mainly because you and others play him so well) but don’t dare to because I know it’s just suicide…well more suicide than usual…and your solution would give the option to try out new classes like you say.

…though challenging games are good to improve your skill – sometimes it can be quite disheartening…

Dze5Xeno
11th Jan 2014, 00:37
Some of the users and I were thinking about starting the match being just 4 players (2 v 2) and then that other players could join. Also it could been a glitch but there was a match where there were 5 v 3 and the music was like muted.