PDA

View Full Version : Request PS3 version of Battlestations Pacific

chip5541
10th Aug 2008, 05:16
While I do have a 360 I have all but given up on buying games for it. Pretty please with sugar on top, make a PS3 version. :D

crazyhorse128
10th Aug 2008, 06:47
Why has one given up buying 360 games?

chip5541
10th Aug 2008, 06:55
Hardware issues and MS customer support. For me, personally, I will never purchase another MS console.

W4lt3r89
10th Aug 2008, 07:43
So i did the right choice and got the paystation 3 instead of haxbox360. MS support has always been under the bench.

But it wouldnt be that hard to convert the X360 to PS3 i think, though im not sure though. :scratch:

andy3536
10th Aug 2008, 07:45
Hardware issues and MS customer support. For me, personally, I will never purchase another MS console.

I think you might have to buy it for PC then, they don't seem to like sony........

chip5541
10th Aug 2008, 08:40
I think you might have to buy it for PC then, they don't seem to like sony........

I am glad it is coming for teh PC and that will be the version I will pickup. I don't think it is because they don't like Sony. I think it may be more investment vs return. It would be ashame to not produce for teh PS3 because I am sure it would sell very well.

David603
10th Aug 2008, 09:30
So i did the right choice and got the paystation 3 instead of haxbox360. MS support has always been under the bench.

But it wouldnt be that hard to convert the X360 to PS3 i think, though im not sure though. :scratch:
Apparently the PS3 is considerably harder to programme for than the 360, and you just need to look at the extra bugs/glitches/screen tearing/freezing that plague many PS3 versions of multiplatform games to see that this is the case. This is probably down to the PS3 running on completely different hardware to the 360, while the 360 has a strong similarity to a high end gaming PC. So while it is relatively easy to port a game from PC to 360 or vice versa, usually you need to rewrite the game engine to get it to run on the PS3.

chip5541
10th Aug 2008, 11:39
Apparently the PS3 is considerably harder to programme for than the 360, and you just need to look at the extra bugs/glitches/screen tearing/freezing that plague many PS3 versions of multiplatform games to see that this is the case. This is probably down to the PS3 running on completely different hardware to the 360, while the 360 has a strong similarity to a high end gaming PC. So while it is relatively easy to port a game from PC to 360 or vice versa, usually you need to rewrite the game engine to get it to run on the PS3.

Being harder to program for is the same complaint that was leveled at the Commodore Amiga. New consoles will invariably have a learning curve. As far as Bugs and glitches, I have not seen any more than what is present in the 360. I have never had a screen freeze in any commercial game. The only time I ever experienced such was when I was beta testing Warhawk. Turned out it was a software issue with the game which was rectified. The screen tearing that people reported was many due to tv/ps3 displays. My 1080i tv also had tearing issues with motorstorm. turns out interlace was was supported. Once I told the PS3 to display 720P only it ran like a charm with no tearing. Now I have a 1080P tv and everything looks stunning. I believe that Capcom actually uses a program that dual development. DMC4 used it and it was pretty much equal but this really has diverted what the thread was supposed to be about...

Please bring to the PS3. :D

Arrow
10th Aug 2008, 15:39
I'm definitely thinking of getting a PS3 over an Xbox 360 so I'd like this. =D

chip5541
10th Aug 2008, 17:29

:thumbsup:

crazyhorse128
11th Aug 2008, 08:55

http://forums.eidosgames.com/images/icons/icon13.gif

Arrow
11th Aug 2008, 14:14
Microsloth owns my computer, which is quite enough already thank you very much. >.>

chip5541
11th Aug 2008, 14:32
I've actually been using my PS3 for web browsing. :D

Either way playing a Battlestations game using sixaxis would be very cool. With tight controls it would easily replace Warhawk for online games.

Arrow
11th Aug 2008, 16:52
Warhawk looks fun, and it's probably one of the few PS3 games I'd end up getting. I don't know any other ones, though...

chip5541
11th Aug 2008, 17:42
Warhawk is fun. I beta tested it and had a blast.

Uncharted
Folklore
Mercenaries 2 (coming soon)
LBP (coming soon)
Super Stardust HD
Pixeljunk Monsters
Pixeljunk Eden
Battlefield: Bad Company
Bionic Commando (coming soon)
Motor Storm

Just to give you a quick list off the top of my head.

It3llig3nc3
12th Aug 2008, 15:41
I like the idea of having a PS3 version of this game. Otherwise EIDOS would need to cash in a lot of $$$ from Microsoft for delivering an exclusive console title for XBox360... right? :)

andy3536
12th Aug 2008, 15:52
I like the idea of having a PS3 version of this game. Otherwise EIDOS would need to cash in a lot of $$$ from Microsoft for delivering an exclusive console title for XBox360... right? :)

There is a time limit on exclusive deals though so Eidos could cash in with a deal and then months down the line relese it on PS3, just like bioshock.

Shamrock
13th Aug 2008, 02:18
I guess for PS3 only owners that would be good, but my God man I wouldn't even consider buying this game for PS3 it would be a nightmare, there are about 1 in 10 people that actually wear mics on PS3. Imagine playing a game like this with no one having mics and no way to type messages.

It's bad enough on 360 when 2-3 people don't have mics.

chip5541
13th Aug 2008, 04:56
I have been playing the crud out of Warhawk and for the most part I would guess 80%+ use mics. With Little Big Planet and the new SOCOM game coming I only expect that number to rise.

Frankly, I would love to play teh game using the sixaxis. If they keep the controls tight like Warhawk this would be killer.

It3llig3nc3
13th Aug 2008, 08:54
There is a time limit on exclusive deals though so Eidos could cash in with a deal and then months down the line relese it on PS3, just like bioshock.

You are right! What matters is the first few months after the premier date. I really liked what happened with GTA4 for example for PC. (although: please don't do it for BS:P :) ). After all it's always a good idea to penetrate the entire market (leading consoles + PC), however the timing can be dependent on the publisher's calculation about maximizing revenue...

David603
13th Aug 2008, 09:20
You are right! What matters is the first few months after the premier date. I really liked what happened with GTA4 for example for PC. (although: please don't do it for BS:P :) ). After all it's always a good idea to penetrate the entire market (leading consoles + PC), however the timing can be dependent on the publisher's calculation about maximizing revenue...
I don't think that BSP not coming out on the PS3 is the result of an exclusivity deal with Microsoft, its more likely because Eidos Hungary hasn't built a PS3 game before. Therefore they don't have experience of working with the PS3, and the game engine would need modification to run on the PS3 so all in all it would be a lot of extra work just when they are trying to get the game ready for release on the PC and 360. But it would make sense for a PS3 version to come out later once work on the original versions had finished.