PDA

View Full Version : Tom Hall happy to work on DX3.

J-man
8th Aug 2008, 10:07
Someone asked Tom Hall on his blog-http://tomtomtom.wordpress.com/about-2/ (scroll down to comments), if he was working on DX3 and he said

"Hey, happy to if they ask me!"

Yeah, you heard him, devs. The best bit of DX1 would happily work on DX3.

René
8th Aug 2008, 12:25
The best bit of DX1

I think Mr.Spector and Mr.Smith might argue that point! Nonetheless, that is interesting. I also really enjoyed Anachronox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anachronox), which I think he was the lead designer on...a modified Quake 2 engine for an RPG? Sure! Why not!

J-man
8th Aug 2008, 17:06
I think Mr.Spector and Mr.Smith might argue that point! Nonetheless, that is interesting. I also really enjoyed Anachronox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anachronox), which I think he was the lead designer on...a modified Quake 2 engine for an RPG? Sure! Why not!

Oh c'mon! Ya gotta love Walton Simons!

drummindog
11th Aug 2008, 23:25
Oh c'mon! Ya gotta love Walton Simons!

I posted on Tom's site and asked if he could record a message for my answering machine. :lmao:

His voice work was excellent AND if I played it too late at night, it had a tendency to creep me out. :lol:

Larington
12th Aug 2008, 16:08
Anachronox is a personal favourite of mine, its biggest weakness' are the relatively slow start (Which is in part fixed by the fan/former-dev patch which amongst other things cleans up code and adds taxis and cut-scene fast forwarding) and I think they also over-budgeted on the polygon counts, not that this did the game itself harm, but judgemental Internet types were quite happy to rubbish the game on this alone.
And I love the music in Whitendon, the fact that its one of a very small number of games with a really strong story and well built sense of humour.

In fact, where the **** is Anachronox 2? Since the industry seems so enamoured with franchises atm.

Interesting, I typed in my own censoring and it got replaced by the naughty emote.

drummindog
13th Aug 2008, 00:25
It would be nice to have Jay Anthony Franke too. Wouldn't that be cool if that could be worked out.

Demiurge
16th Aug 2008, 18:39
We need them both, I can't see any other WS and Jay Franke IS the Denton Brothers.

drummindog
17th Aug 2008, 01:56
We need them both, I can't see any other WS and Jay Franke IS the Denton Brothers.

YEP.

Say, Wouldn't a JC Denton or Walton Simons voiced GPS freak you out a little? :lol: It'd be totally cool, but if I turned the wrong way on a side street or something, I am afraid of what Walton would say. :lol:

Jerion
17th Aug 2008, 02:07
^^

"What a pathetic mistake you turned out to be."

And if you force it to recalculate too many times:

"I am a patient man."

And if you force it recalculate one time after that:

"But not that patient." *the GPS screen blanks out and locks up, and then the words, "This navigation device has been shut down by order of UNATCO" appear in bright red letters*

Demiurge
17th Aug 2008, 06:47
^^

"I am a patient man."

"But not that patient." *the GPS screen blanks out and locks up, and then the words, "This navigation device has been shut down by order of UNATCO" appear in bright red letters*

And Subsequently Self-Destructs. If you buy a different Satnav-

"I am the more advanced model satnav, It's time for you to retire"

Necros
18th Aug 2008, 04:24
^^

"I am a patient man."

:lol: That was great! :thumbsup: It would be nice to have Tom Hall as a dev or at least a voice actor. And if JC Denton is in the game, we NEED Jay Anthony Franke.

DXeXodus
18th Aug 2008, 05:58
I say bring in all the big names:

- Jay Franke: J.C. Denton, Paul Denton, Daedalus [Daedalus is the only voice which is not attributed in the credits]
- Alexander Brandon: Jimmy, Tech Sergeant Kaplan
- Tom Hall: AI Prototype, Howard Strong, Walton Simons
- Cliff Stephens: Bob Page, Ford Schick

http://nuwen.net/dx.html