PDA

View Full Version : Question

Marvi_I
7th Aug 2008, 13:49
What will the recommended system requirements be for DX3?

Thnx. :)

jordan_a
7th Aug 2008, 13:52
Same as the next Tomb Raider I guess, unknown yet though.

"When it becomes available, that information will appear in this sticky thread" (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=78932)

You should change the title of your thread, I'll stick it.

Marvi_I
7th Aug 2008, 14:02
Is that title O.K?

René
7th Aug 2008, 17:48
Wow. This thread is way early. Even if there is shared tech, there will be significant differences between the two. I think it's much too early for this thread!

El_Bel
7th Aug 2008, 22:05
I have another question.

Many expect this area to be the site of the war signaling the end of the world as we know it (biblical prophecies calling for the destruction of Damascus). The powers that be within Majestic 12 are well aware of the potential propaganda impact of making this prophecy come true… (deus ex bible)

What could MJ12 gain from terrorizing the world with an end of the world scenario? I can think only that they could send more people at churches for brainwashing that they must accept the state of the world and have hope.. But is that all?

I couldn't find any other topic for general questions :p

minus0ne
7th Aug 2008, 23:00
Wow. This thread is way early. Even if there is shared tech, there will be significant differences between the two. I think it's much too early for this thread!
Is it okay for us to speculate though?

My guess would be:

Minimum reqs.
3Ghz single-core CPU or 2,4Ghz dualcore and upwards
AMD/ATI X1800 or nVidia 7xxx-series and upwards
1GB RAM
8GB HDD space (keeping my fingers crossed for a game truly packed full of content :) )

Recommended reqs.
3Ghz dualcore CPU or 2,6Ghz quadcore and upwards
AMD/ATI HD3xxx-series or nVidia 8xxx-series and upwards
2GB RAM
8GB HDD space

Tsumaru
7th Aug 2008, 23:34
You will need four GPUs, eight CPUs, and OVER NINE THOOUUSSSAAAAANNNDDDDD megabytes of RAM.

Romeo
8th Aug 2008, 06:33
9000 Megabites of RAM? That's only 9 gigs. Pfft, I bet ultra-macho guys would want more RAM than that. lol

Tsumaru
9th Aug 2008, 04:04
Did I say megabytes? I meant ULTRA-SUPERSAIYAN-OMEGA-BYTES!!!

El_Bel
9th Aug 2008, 09:23
Will anyone answer my question please? :rasp:

Absentia
9th Aug 2008, 18:58
Same as the next Tomb Raider I guess, unknown yet though.

"When it becomes available, that information will appear in this sticky thread" (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=78932)

You should change the title of your thread, I'll stick it.

Why do people seem to think that Tomb Raider: Underworld is using the Crystal Dynamics engine? It's using a brand new engine thats being made especially for it. DX3 is using the older Crystal Dynamics engine that was used on Tomb Raider: Legend and Anniversary. Mr. D'Astous said something very brief about improving the engine though, which sounded hopeful.

pHdeus
9th Aug 2008, 21:31
9000 Megabites of RAM? That's only 9 gigs. Pfft, I bet ultra-macho guys would want more RAM than that. lol

Oh I get it. By the time Deus Ex 3 comes out that will be the standard for low end PCs.

:)

Romeo
10th Aug 2008, 00:07
Oh yeah, we'll be rockin' out on Terabyte levels before the game hits shelves. lol

René
11th Aug 2008, 12:22
Why do people seem to think that Tomb Raider: Underworld is using the Crystal Dynamics engine? It's using a brand new engine thats being made especially for it. DX3 is using the older Crystal Dynamics engine that was used on Tomb Raider: Legend and Anniversary. Mr. D'Astous said something very brief about improving the engine though, which sounded hopeful.

DX3 is not using the Legend/Anniversary engine. DX3 is using a modified version of the Underworld tech (a shared in-house Eidos engine). There are shared components, but each game is unique and has different requirements so what you see in Underworld this November is being modified for DX3.

ikenstein
11th Aug 2008, 18:09
What will the recommended system requirements be for DX3?

Thnx. :)

recommended system will be a playstation or x-box. the game will then be badly ported to pc. you will be able to tell its a consoll game by the fact that codes and passwords are not typed in, the limited and rubbish inventory, the tiny levels and such.

consolls ruined gaming.

drummindog
12th Aug 2008, 00:52

Can I suggest specking it out exactly like my current system is? :D

J/K

drummindog
12th Aug 2008, 00:54
recommended system will be a playstation or x-box. the game will then be badly ported to pc. you will be able to tell its a consoll game by the fact that codes and passwords are not typed in, the limited and rubbish inventory, the tiny levels and such.

consolls ruined gaming.

I would tend to agree that cosole ports over to PC are bad, but let's not be too harsh, mean or hasty here. We know nothing yet of what their plans are. :)

Absentia
12th Aug 2008, 17:57
DX3 is not using the Legend/Anniversary engine. DX3 is using a modified version of the Underworld tech (a shared in-house Eidos engine). There are shared components, but each game is unique and has different requirements so what you see in Underworld this November is being modified for DX3.

Awesome!
That's pretty much cleared all my worries up that DX3 might look a little behind on the graphics department. Not that it matters because gameplay comes first *bla bla bla* but lets face it, new players are going to judge on the graphics they see in screenshots or videos. We all do, a significant amount actually. I'd like this game to be something that a lot of my friends can enjoy too, and I can be all "Hurr hurr I've known this series for ages"

Wikipedia said for quite a while that it would be using the TRA engine, and it also says for the TR:U article that Underworld won't be using the same engine as DX3.

Play's assertions that this is the "first true next gen Lara" and "one big physics smorgasbord" which "looks altogether photo-real"[13] led to speculation that Tomb Raider: Underworld might be using a new game engine for its next-generation graphics rather than the system used by Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary and Deus Ex 3.[15] Later, the Senior Producer and External Designer separately confirmed that Underworld uses an all-new engine that was built especially for it.[16][17]

I guess this is an another case of erroneously believing everything I read on Wikipedia. :lmao:

ikenstein
12th Aug 2008, 18:51
Awesome!
That's pretty much cleared all my worries up that DX3 might look a little behind on the graphics department. Not that it matters because gameplay comes first *bla bla bla* but lets face it, new players are going to judge on the graphics they see in screenshots or videos. We all do, a significant amount actually. I'd like this game to be something that a lot of my friends can enjoy too, and I can be all "Hurr hurr I've known this series for ages"

Wikipedia said for quite a while that it would be using the TRA engine, and it also says for the TR:U article that Underworld won't be using the same engine as DX3.

I guess this is an another case of erroneously believing everything I read on Wikipedia. :lmao:

this is a bit ot but did you try physx yet? yuo can download it from nvidia. i only got an old 8500 gt but it makes my pc faster with some games. stalker seems quicker even tho it dosnt supposed to use physx.

i gues we goin to need phyics cards for next gen games.

El_Bel
19th Aug 2008, 04:13
Another question.. I keep reading about the vote date being censored in the trailer, but i can clearly see the date!! And i think it is 2021 and not 2027...

And no one answered my first question so feel free... :D

gamer0004
19th Aug 2008, 05:19
Another question.. I keep reading about the vote date being censored in the trailer, but i can clearly see the date!! And i think it is 2021 and not 2027...

And no one answered my first question so feel free... :D

It is there in the HD version, but not in the normal version. And it really is 2027.

MaxxQ1
19th Aug 2008, 05:33
this is a bit ot but did you try physx yet? yuo can download it from nvidia. i only got an old 8500 gt but it makes my pc faster with some games. stalker seems quicker even tho it dosnt supposed to use physx.

i gues we goin to need phyics cards for next gen games.

Not really. A couple of nvidia's video cards already incorporate GPU-accelerated physics processing (the 9800 GTX, for example). The problem is that no current games use it.

I believe PhysX was bought by ATI (last year, I think), so I would guess that they may have a plan in the future of incorporating that technology into their upcoming video cards. However, after re-reading what I just quoted above, I may be wrong.

Don't quote me on all this as, except for the 9800 GTX, it's all from an admittedly fuzzy memory. The only reason I'm sure about the 9800 is because the latest issue (Oct. 08) of PC Gamer mentions it.

Maximus
20th Aug 2008, 04:50
it will require 400 BABIES!