PDA

View Full Version : Broken Registration (for updates)

TarsasTexan
4th Aug 2008, 11:50
I Hate to make a mountain out of a molehill but I did not find a "America" or a "United States" in the country drop down box for the DX3 registration page. :scratch:

And by the way, why does everyone seem to be so down on DX2 - IW, it was short, but still fun.

jordan_a
4th Aug 2008, 12:12
Well DX3 is a Canadian-French game.

About DX2, a completely different subject, I assume most of us see it as a pretty decent, average game.

DXeXodus
4th Aug 2008, 12:16
We see it as a better game than many other games other than Deus Ex 1 :)

René
4th Aug 2008, 13:02
I Hate to make a mountain out of a molehill but I did not find a "America" or a "United States" in the country drop down box for the DX3 registration page. :scratch:

Wow that's weird. Let me look into that.

TarsasTexan
4th Aug 2008, 13:08
Thanks for your effort in looking into it

Clucky
4th Aug 2008, 15:39
Thanks for your effort in looking into it

Oh, and welcome to the community. :)

TarsasTexan
4th Aug 2008, 18:00
Thanks for the welcome

Jerion
4th Aug 2008, 19:45
You're welcome. :whistle:

Larington
5th Aug 2008, 14:55
To put it simply, DX2 was a bit of a departure from DX1 and for many folks to too great an extent, particularly in the fact that it was a lot more streamlined/simplified (Cross out the one for your personal preference, if you liked DX2, simplified will probably be the one that gets crossed out). The issue has also been raised in the past that DX2 seems slightly more star-trek than steam-punk (Electro-Punk?), err, maybe not using the right phrase there but hopefully you get the idea.

We're pretty much all hoping that DX3 will be more akin to the original, more room for player choice in how he/she goes about objectives and so on, since in DX2 it was a bit more restrictive - Fewer biomods & biomod variety, vastly smaller inventory and no skills system that rewards progression through and discovery in, the game.

TarsasTexan
5th Aug 2008, 17:08
I did notice a huge graphic engine upgrade in DX2 over DX, but never noticed a departure from the original, maybe I just viewed DX2 as "new and improved" but I agree in DX there was 4 ways of doing everything, not so in DX2

morganix
7th Aug 2008, 11:07
I just joined the forums today, and I wanted to sign up for Deus Ex updates on the main site (http://www.deusex3.com) but when using the "Register Now" link, it will not let me sign up unless I select that I want to receive information for other Eidos games as well (which I don't). I get the following error when trying to sign up without checking "Yes, please [spam my email]"

Please select your This box indicates that you would like to receive information about other Eidos products and offers:.

Great way to get me interested in buying your other products, pretend I have a choice and then force for me to sign up for the advertisements. Another thing, I don't see The United States of America listed as a possible country for registration. Sigh...

Tsumaru
7th Aug 2008, 12:33
lol, yeah, it did the same for me months ago when I first joined these forums. I opted out from updates all together because of that. Ridiculous.

jordan_a
7th Aug 2008, 13:55
All the website infrastructure is being dealt with I guess, but moderators will see this thread and convey it to the CM.

René
7th Aug 2008, 17:51
Threads merged. Looks like we have two issues to address. I'll forward it to the correct parties. Thanks for pointing these out.

Cr0wSeb
9th Aug 2008, 08:54
Hi,

Am I the first French to visit the site ? I say this because when I registered I had to change of Nationality ^^'... Yes because my country is not available : France !!! Please can you add it and say it here as I can re-register ? Cheers.
:whistle:

imported_van_HellSing
11th Aug 2008, 05:37
Looks like the whole list is b0rked, recently someone complained there was no USA.

Tsumaru
11th Aug 2008, 07:36
Yeah, they're working on a lot of these problems. Allegedly.

Cr0wSeb
11th Aug 2008, 12:33
oky dooky :)