PDA

View Full Version : which is better old tr, or new tr

hyrule12
4th Aug 2008, 17:20
im split, the old ones were way harder and they sucked you in, the new ones are a bit more realistic with her jumping and have actual feels that these places are real,comments?

tombraider1best
4th Aug 2008, 17:24
thats realy hard the old ones vintage the best

JohnRaider
5th Aug 2008, 13:28
The old and new tomb raider games differ greatly. The new direction crystal has taken with tomb raider seems to be well appreciated by critics and most fans. I started playing the earlier tomb raider games at a very young age and they still hold a special place for me.

Laura Croft
5th Aug 2008, 17:11
There's a debate about Classic vs. New-Gen somewhere else on here. The discussion is very insightful, I suggest you look it up because it's a good debate.

Me personally, I'll play every TR game that's created, but I definitely prefer the classics. :thumbsup:

Randy 54
5th Aug 2008, 23:19
The new generation games look great and the action is more realistic but they lack the personality that the original games have. So I have to say, old TR's still rule.:thumbsup:

rabid metro
6th Aug 2008, 03:17
which is better?

the best tomb raider games are the ones with Lara in them ...
:cool:

Rachie
6th Aug 2008, 07:31
which is better?

That's it in a nutshell.

stephie
6th Aug 2008, 08:03
same here. The old TR "s are the best .I have them all and I play them every year, I also play the one's on PS2 just feels like something is missing.TRAOD was worst TR out there just the story line was good. The only thing made this TR hard was its controls. Otherwise to me the old TR were hardest, especially trying to find all secrets but that's what made them so much fun.THE OLD TR"S WILL ALWAYS BE THE BEST!!

andar90
6th Aug 2008, 16:02
This is kind of an unfair question. I like both for different reasons, although I have to admit that I probably prefer the newer ones simply because the controls are so much better. But I agree with an earlier post: the best TR games are the ones with Lara in them.

lilhanhan
6th Aug 2008, 16:50
I have to say the old ones, but only because I have tons of good memories of me and my dad playing them...there were more tension and adventure in them; but this is just my opinion.

(I'm sure I've just had de ja vu; because I'm sure I've typed something identical to this before in a similar thread? :confused: )

Spong
6th Aug 2008, 16:52
The old-skool TRs are the best, always have been and always will be. Sorry Crystal Dynamics, but your games only ever stand on the shoulders of greatness.

UNDERWORLD16
6th Aug 2008, 19:18
The old-skool TRs are the best, always have been and always will be. Sorry Crystal Dynamics, but your games only ever stand on the shoulders of greatness.

now i really have to agree

when i first got tomb raider one tha 1st four levels wear easy until i got to greece tha same goes to tha rest of tha games it took me 2 weeks to beat tr1

i think a month for tr 2

tr 3

2 weeks again

and tr4

well it took me 6 days cuz i played it non stop

aod

a month

except Legend=3 days and ANNIVERSRY=4 days tht how long it took me to beat them

UNDERWORLD16
6th Aug 2008, 19:23
I have to say the old ones, but only because I have tons of good memories of me and my dad playing them...there were more tension and adventure in them; but this is just my opinion.

(I'm sure I've just had de ja vu; because I'm sure I've typed something identical to this before in a similar thread? :confused: )

yup same here when i would play wit my brother it was a blast
we would buy like 5 big bags of chips and get sodas and stay at home all day playing and eating

lot of boss fighting we did

rg_001100
7th Aug 2008, 03:03
but your games only ever stand on the shoulders of greatness.

so far...

Spong
7th Aug 2008, 03:10
So you agree with me then? That's the main thing.

rg_001100
7th Aug 2008, 03:16
So you agree with me then? That's the main thing.

I think that's a yes and no...
Yes that what you said was true, but no in the sense that I think it's possible for CD to make the games into something great. (Although there isn't the hype for the new games that there was for the older games).

Spong
7th Aug 2008, 03:21
I'm not saying it's impossible for CD to make a good TR game at some point, but it'll always be based on that which was handed to them. It's not and will never truly be their creation.

Rachie
7th Aug 2008, 03:34
I'm not saying it's impossible for CD to make a good TR game at some point, but it'll always be based on that which was handed to them. It's not and will never truly be their creation.

No it won't. It will be an entirely new creation of their own. :)

Spong
7th Aug 2008, 03:38
No it won't. It will be an entirely new creation of their own. :)

Then it'll no longer be Tomb Raider then.

Bampire
7th Aug 2008, 05:11
I dislike comparing the platform gaming with the next gen TRs.

They're all fantastic. They're all unique. Though, I do prefer the Core TRs, over Crystal.

LisaB1962
7th Aug 2008, 12:47
Then it'll no longer be Tomb Raider then.

That seems a bit harsh.

CD is in a hard place really, the Scylla on one side, the Charybdis on the other. If the games are "bad," it's because they didn't pay enough attention (homage?) to the originals. If they're a success, they merely copied what the other games did.

Singstar90210
8th Aug 2008, 03:23
which is better?

Well done and enough said. :)