PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Skill Cancelling....

anatomyhorror
9th Jan 2014, 07:17
Don't think there's a way to do it.

Basically, any ability that causes you to no longer be able to attack (that was activated by you) should be able to be cancelled.

For instance, the Reaver's Evasion ability and the Tyrant's Ignore Pain. Many times I use these abilities to break Bola from the Hunter. It would be nice to cancel the Evasion or Ignore Pain and go back to work. It could add a bit more of a skill cap to playing the Vampires as well. I don't think this would be broken or unfair at all. Maybe even just Right Click could cancel it.

Keep up the great work though, this game really has surprised me.

cmstache
9th Jan 2014, 12:43
It's intended by the devs as a downside to using the ability. Enrage does need to be the opposite of ironskin though and either give it a slight defensive buff to combine with the nasty atk increase (it's short anyways) or allow it to break bolas and such.

Strike5150
9th Jan 2014, 14:28
I do have to say enrage not breaking bolas is broken. Enrage while being good is completely and utterly countered by bolas. There are a few other cases where this happens but thats a huge one. I think the devs even said they didn't want a vampire to be a bullet sink, well imagine jumping/charging in to hit enrage and get bolad. You are the largest target in the area, welcome to bullet sink hell(can't even dodge anymore). You don't even have to TRY to hit a tyrant, just spray around with those bullets you will hit something don't worry.

Psyonix_Corey
9th Jan 2014, 15:39
How would you feel about being able to cancel Evasion or Ignore Pain but still incurring a brief window after it deactivates where you're unable to attack?

Oroibahazopi
9th Jan 2014, 15:46
I think it's a silly idea, the cost of using the escape is that you're forced out of combat for a fixed time.

You're like immune to damage guy, what more do you want.

Kuro1n
9th Jan 2014, 15:50
I think they are already good enough, if you wish to use the move to get into the battle just count seconds and time it with your attack. Negating the only advantage you have in close combat as a human is a bit lame though IMO.

Tube_Reaver
9th Jan 2014, 16:08
How would you feel about being able to cancel Evasion or Ignore Pain but still incurring a brief window after it deactivates where you're unable to attack?

I might be the minority here, but I would like to see this, it just depends on how much of a window we are talking about.

Also to make a note, cancelling it early, but having go on its full cooldown, should be another acceptable "downside", unlike say the Alchemist's flamethrower which you can cancel early and have a slightly lower cooldown.

cmstache
9th Jan 2014, 17:11
I might be the minority here, but I would like to see this, it just depends on how much of a window we are talking about.

Also to make a note, cancelling it early, but having go on its full cooldown, should be another acceptable "downside", unlike say the Alchemist's flamethrower which you can cancel early and have a slightly lower cooldown.

I could go with option two, atm since the humans have so much more advantage.

jestdoit
9th Jan 2014, 18:49
It's intended by the devs as a downside to using the ability. Enrage does need to be the opposite of ironskin though and either give it a slight defensive buff to combine with the nasty atk increase (it's short anyways) or allow it to break bolas and such.

Agreed. Enrage and reaver haste are straight downgrades. They should break CC on activation and have the casting animation removed. Casting animations with evade and stoneskin are fine, since you can't attack and they're defensive abilities - it's purely cosmetic. A second long casting animation with enrage/haste doesn't make any sense to me when the duration is already so short. In the time it takes to cast, you might as well do another melee attack.

Oroibahazopi
9th Jan 2014, 18:52
Wot? Haste is great.

RainaAudron
9th Jan 2014, 18:55
Yeah, the long casting activation prevents me from using those two skills, it just takes too long to initiate.

Oroibahazopi
9th Jan 2014, 19:26
Too many people think they should just be able to rock up to the humans and dump all their skills at the same time. Don't dumb down the gameplay because you want to have a single dps button.

Hugbringer
10th Jan 2014, 00:24
Though I've seen Enrage put to good use, less so for Haste...I do rather agree that those sorts of 'State' abilities would be better off with a deactivation aspect. I'm still undecided as to what this benefit would be as imagining it in my head....

Tyrant or reaver, pounce or charge respectively, activate their 'Damage Denial' afterwards...perhaps wait for reload of human...than deactivate and smash? Or enter combat with damage denial on, wait for reload, deactivate and than smash? Something to that effect? Would there be 'Power Stutter' in combat now, turning powers on and off as rapidly as needed, or allowed by Activation/Deactivation of said power?

Would provide different avenues or strategies in which to attack instead of just bodily running in. As a frequent sentinel player I can't complain, as we can fly in, versus being restricted too the ground.

Still undecided, mostly just asking questions.

jestdoit
10th Jan 2014, 01:41
Haste is better than enrage since it doesn't have casting time, but both skills still force melee. Vampires survive on being able to escape and skirmish. Losing both a CC break, AND invulnerability, the replacement damned well better be useful. I don't think either skill is up to par, especially enrage. Plux is the only person using enrage, and I think he'd do better with stoneskin.

Psyonix_Corey
10th Jan 2014, 02:08
Enrage will no longer have an activation animation or delay as of next update.

kardimond
10th Jan 2014, 10:58
Enrage will no longer have an activation animation or delay as of next update.

HAVE ALL MY BABIES

Sorry, emotions overwhelming. What I wanted to say is, that I'd really like to see that change.

Strike5150
10th Jan 2014, 15:48
what about breaking cc? that would be really be a welcome change as well. Giving up a way to break CC to use enrage feels really bad. There are many deaths that occur because of that.

If breaking cc is not an option at least for the love of god let us dodge again while bolad.

lucinvampire
10th Jan 2014, 16:16
If breaking cc is not an option at least for the love of god let us dodge again while bolad.

So much this - PLEASE bring back the dodging whilst bolad - at moment unless you have the necessary break bola abilities set - getting bolad is instant-death!!!