PDA

View Full Version : Can Play Alpha, but not send feedback!

Cypher21
8th Jan 2014, 21:54
If I try and access the Alpha Feedback forum, I am told I don't have permission. What is the point of being a Alpha tester, if I can't provide valuable feedback?

Honestly this game is not bad, but combat seems rather choppy.

I am not a fan of once you cast an ability your not able to attack or use any other ability. It really defeats the purpose of creating a combination attack, because your forced to wait and be hit while you try and attack...

There is no way to report players who go away from keyboard or leave cause they are losing.

Pretty much every game that is PVP has some form of pay 2 dominate system. All companies gave up their respect as designers for easy money!

Psyonix_Eric
9th Jan 2014, 00:47
Pretty much every game that is PVP has some form of pay 2 dominate system. All companies gave up their respect as designers for easy money!

What aspect of the game would you say points to us giving up respect as designers for easy money, or that is "pay 2 dominate"?

Cypher21
9th Jan 2014, 06:11
I was talking about the in-game store is set up for micro transactions. The game is focused around using in-game currency to purchase equipment and abilities. This is suitable for earning in-game currency, however the game also is allowing players to purchase in-game money with real money to more or less gain equipment and powerful abilities without earning them as others do.

More and more game companies are relying on pay to dominate in order to earn back income from making their game. While I was in school all we learned about was in order to succeed in the game industry games need micro transactions.

I would agree to a certain extent, but adding micro transactions for gaining an advantage over other players is wrong. It would make more sense and be acceptable, if players paid real money to unlock skins as other games like League of Legends does.

You're the Art Lead ,so I am not sure why your offended by my remark. You have no say over game-play or marketing in the game. I would like to say your art team is doing an amazing job with this game. The amount of detail in Characters as well as Props is amazing.

I am not saying that designers who make micro transactions are losing respect. Its the designers who design pay to dominate or Pay to win micro transactions that is wrong. There are other ways to create micro transactions to keep income coming in and not affect overall game-play.

lucinvampire
9th Jan 2014, 12:29
If I try and access the Alpha Feedback forum, I am told I don't have permission. What is the point of being a Alpha tester, if I can't provide valuable feedback?

Please try signing out of the forum, clearing your internet history/cache and then logging back in again - this may kick start access for you...if you still have problems please post. :D

Monkeythumbz
9th Jan 2014, 13:12
The game is focused around using in-game currency to purchase equipment and abilities. This is suitable for earning in-game currency, however the game also is allowing players to purchase in-game money with real money to more or less gain equipment and powerful abilities without earning them as others do... but adding micro transactions for gaining an advantage over other players is wrong. It would make more sense and be acceptable, if players paid real money to unlock skins as other games like League of Legends does.
Skins can be purchased from Nosgoth's in-game store. Additionally, one of our key goals has been to create a fair experience that doesn't penalise players who don’t spend money in the game, as such Nosgoth doesn't include items, weapons or abilities that are inherently better (aka supremacy goods).

You're the Art Lead ,so I am not sure why your offended by my remark.
Um... because we're all team-mates?

Psyonix_Eric
9th Jan 2014, 19:31
You're the Art Lead ,so I am not sure why your offended by my remark. You have no say over game-play or marketing in the game. I would like to say your art team is doing an amazing job with this game. The amount of detail in Characters as well as Props is amazing.

I actually wasn't offended. I appreciate the compliments on the art :) I was really just curious because, as Monkeythumbz points out, we're trying very hard to make sure the game does not feel like a pay-to-win scenario, so if someone feels that way we want to know why.