PDA

View Full Version : Outfits Of TR:U

never_the_same
15th Dec 2007, 15:26
what outfits would you like to see in TRU extras???

i would love to see:

catsuit
classic or anniversary
legend
wetsuit

:D

Phlip
15th Dec 2007, 15:40
As many outfits and the next-gen disc will technically allow without the game being slow.

tomb raider lover
15th Dec 2007, 23:17
I would really like to see the TR3 nevada outfit in TRU especially with better graphics, but I don't think they might put it in the game...Hopefully they will add some more outfits from the classics:o

Jezyk
16th Dec 2007, 11:51
Some urban level in a catsuit and underwater level in a wetsuit would be GREAT:)

never_the_same
16th Dec 2007, 15:24
i agree Jezyk!!
like TR2 had levels good for wearing wetsuit! :D

ditom
16th Dec 2007, 19:34
I want red dress from TRL :cool:

never_the_same
16th Dec 2007, 19:44
you want it??? i think it's not expensive... :o i never wanted to wear lara's outfits... :o

Atheist
29th Jan 2008, 16:22
Nah, I want some new outfits.

Preferably not clothes, I'd rather see some more 'special' ones like the Doppelganger or Gold in Anniversary. Also, they should have special effects with them. So for example, if you had a 'Custard Lara' (it's an example ;)) her foots steps and jumps would sound squishy. If you had a 'Rock Lara', her foot steps would sound hard and clunky. If you had a 'Metal Lara', she would claaaaang against surfaces when she caught them or walked on them.

TDK
29th Jan 2008, 22:10
i agree with you yep we wont to see more new outfits but no weird ones i would love to see bikini :eek: thats sound hot LOL <<<< need help :lol:
and catsuite seems cool if they bring it back agin and i want to see this outfit

http://www.cinema.com/image_lib/2013_097.jpg

Treeble
29th Jan 2008, 22:12
I'd like at least a dozen new outfits and a dozen new action/resin figures to go with them. :D

Rai
29th Jan 2008, 22:22

Preferably not clothes, I'd rather see some more 'special' ones like the Doppelganger or Gold in Anniversary. Also, they should have special effects with them. So for example, if you had a 'Custard Lara' (it's an example ;)) her foots steps and jumps would sound squishy. If you had a 'Rock Lara', her foot steps would sound hard and clunky. If you had a 'Metal Lara', she would claaaaang against surfaces when she caught them or walked on them.

But they already do that don't they?:confused: If you listen, the Gold outfit's footsteps sound loud and clanky and the doppelganger sounds a bit squishy - although I admit it could be more. But. no i wouldn't want the doppelganger again - yuck.

Jason Miller
16th Feb 2008, 17:04
In this game, we want alot more outfits than the ones in anniversary, it would be amazing if all the Tomb Raider outfits were in TR:U. And they should add a new variety of outfits too along with three optional hair dues: braided, a pigtail, and hairbandless hair:)

TDK
16th Feb 2008, 17:10
Hey the hair thing isnt a bad idea i was thinking of it too umm about the outfit i hope to see some new outfits really and i hope the'll bring the bikini back :D

In this game, we want alot more outfits than the ones in anniversary, it would be amazing if all the Tomb Raider outfits were in TR:U. And they should add a new variety of outfits too along with three optional hair dues: braided, a pigtail, and hairbandless hair:)

Jason Miller
16th Feb 2008, 17:17
Hey the hair thing isnt a bad idea i was thinking of it too umm about the outfit i hope to see some new outfits really and i hope the'll bring the bikini back :D
I'd reckon they'll probably the Bikini back, but i'm not sure they'll have alot of outfits:scratch:

TDK
16th Feb 2008, 17:26
hope they will have more outfits just like TR:L

I'd reckon they'll probably the Bikini back, but i'm not sure they'll have alot of outfits:scratch:

Tomb-Dude
16th Feb 2008, 17:37
Legends outfits where mainly different colours of one type of outfit. Which was nice but altogether you probally got like 10 outfits (without all the different colours)

I want different clothes styles what ever... As long as they look good.
Hair is interesting becuase then when people replay it and the people who prefer the braid could play it as the braid instead...

TDK
16th Feb 2008, 17:48
yeah hope to see some new thing in TR films the 2nd one lara was wearing a gold jaket it was cool check my sig and you'll know it :D

Legends outfits where mainly different colours of one type of outfit. Which was nice but altogether you probally got like 10 outfits (without all the different colours)

I want different clothes styles what ever... As long as they look good.
Hair is interesting becuase then when people replay it and the people who prefer the braid could play it as the braid instead...

Tomb-Dude
16th Feb 2008, 22:28
@TDK

Yeah i remember that jacket from cradle of life, all depends can you picture the underworld body in that jacket though ;)

Bampire
16th Feb 2008, 22:33
I want to see these in the game, or at least a couple:

-Classic outfit: the one that we all know and love.
-AOD outfit: Be it the black one, or denim one.
-Legend: I don't like it, but I have a feeling it's going to be there.
-TR2 wetsuit: I loved it being in Anniversary, and I will love it being in TRU.
-TR3 Catsuit: Same catsuit that she wore in TR3 and TRA.
-White outfit: from the TR mods, just makes me want a white outfit. It looks nice.

Whatever else they think of, I'm sure we'll all love. But I'd rather not see these ones in TRU:

-Bikini: I didn't like it, just too- blargh.
-Sport outfits: I don't mind the TR1 sport wear, because it's from her first adventure.
-Different colour Legend: Like in Legend, you got to get different colours of the legend top.. I thought it was very pathetic and pointless.
-Business suit: Bah, bad idea.

I'm out of ideas..

Rick1983
16th Feb 2008, 23:15
I agree u shud totally be able to change her hair n i wud be great if there was loads of outfits like legend and since it is cumin out on ps3 they could put loadsss of detail in them like the zip and the sticthing and patterns and stuff!

William Croft
17th Feb 2008, 10:26
Being able to change the hair is an amazing idea. I hope it happens!! :thumbsup:

Sadistic Raider
17th Feb 2008, 16:40
Being able to change the hair is an amazing idea. I hope it happens!! :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more! ^^ Choosing the hair would be really cool! :D

TDK
17th Feb 2008, 17:17
aha i guess ur right and i really want a new outfits dont bring back the old ones :scratch: its kind of boring to see the same outfit agin and agin

@TDK

Yeah i remember that jacket from cradle of life, all depends can you picture the underworld body in that jacket though ;)

Tomb-Dude
17th Feb 2008, 17:23
aha i guess ur right and i really want a new outfits dont bring back the old ones :scratch: its kind of boring to see the same outfit agin and agin

I dont even think i said it like that lol... i like to see old outfits like the classic one and catsuit but what i was meant to say it like was, the underworld figure can you imagine that jacket on her?

TDK
17th Feb 2008, 17:31
lol im not saying tht you said it some fans up there said they wont old outfit :D ya i can see the jacket on her :o

I dont even think i said it like that lol... i like to see old outfits like the classic one and catsuit but what i was meant to say it like was, the underworld figure can you imagine that jacket on her?

Jason Miller
17th Feb 2008, 17:37
lol im not saying tht you said it some fans up there said they wont old outfit :D ya i can see the jacket on her :o

that jacket won't look pretty bad on her if it has the right pants:o

TDK
17th Feb 2008, 17:45
here is a pic for it:
http://www.ajolie.org/gallery/albums/albums/movies/lara-croft-tomb-raider-the-craddle-of-life/caps/2/normal_the-cradle-of-life-288.jpg

that jacket won't look pretty bad on her if it has the right pants:o

Jason Miller
17th Feb 2008, 18:04
here is a pic for it:
http://www.ajolie.org/gallery/albums/albums/movies/lara-croft-tomb-raider-the-craddle-of-life/caps/2/normal_the-cradle-of-life-288.jpg

It looks good on Angelina Jolie, but i don't know if it'll look good on Lara:confused: :scratch:

tombraiderxlegend
17th Feb 2008, 20:02
Hair idea= AMAZINGGGGGG. (:
That'd be awesome to see that.
Great idea! :thumbsup:

LCraider08
18th Feb 2008, 05:37
I want to see these in the game, or at least a couple:

-Classic outfit: the one that we all know and love.
-AOD outfit: Be it the black one, or denim one.
-Legend: I don't like it, but I have a feeling it's going to be there.
-TR2 wetsuit: I loved it being in Anniversary, and I will love it being in TRU.
-TR3 Catsuit: Same catsuit that she wore in TR3 and TRA.
-White outfit: from the TR mods, just makes me want a white outfit. It looks nice.

Whatever else they think of, I'm sure we'll all love. But I'd rather not see these ones in TRU:

-Bikini: I didn't like it, just too- blargh.
-Sport outfits: I don't mind the TR1 sport wear, because it's from her first adventure.
-Different colour Legend: Like in Legend, you got to get different colours of the legend top.. I thought it was very pathetic and pointless.
-Business suit: Bah, bad idea.

I'm out of ideas..

I agree with you on most of those. steering from Underworld for a second...

I loved playing TRL to get the outfits, cause I had the game guide to show me what I was getting. I thought the suits were pointless just becuase here we have Lara, and she is kicking some majorrr butt...-in a suit? I'll pass. I do love the sport one and the ripped dress shows that she can do anything, and still be sexy. I do like having her hair down too...Japan was my favorite level just becuase of her dress and hair. It was like the first time I have seen her totally changed in outfits and I liked that idea cause its stupid to wear the same outfit in every level, she gets smelly. ;)

Back to Underworld...

I hope we get to see some new outfits, and some old, but Legend needs to go, and the whole different colors..its like whats the point...I dont know thats just me. I just hope it doesn't get to far with the whole "dress up lara" like she is some barbie doll. I also think her clothes needs to reflect her attitude. from the screenshots, you can tell by her facial expressions (and by the last cinematic from Legend) that she is not one to mess with. OH and I do hope to have Zip and Allister back, I played Legend over again, then started to play Anniversary again and it was too quite. :)

I rest my ramblings.

TDK
18th Feb 2008, 10:28
ya i know anyway i would love to see it umm i dont know mybe it looks good :D

It looks good on Angelina Jolie, but i don't know if it'll look good on Lara:confused: :scratch:

William Croft
19th Feb 2008, 12:42
If it looks good on angelina I think it'll look good on Lara :thumbsup:

aditya bakshi
20th Feb 2008, 08:08

NO I DONT THINK THAT THEY WILL GET THE BIKINI BACK.IT WOULD BE BAD.THEY SHOULD HAVE MORE HAIR SHADES AND A WHOLE RANGE OF ACCESORIES WITH IT.

Mangar The Dark
20th Feb 2008, 16:48
Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about her outfits and hair? Good lord... it's an action/adventure game, not a Barbie dress up doll!

Hey, maybe if we're really lucky, we'll get to paint her nails, too! And hopefully she'll have a cute little poodle with her so we can dress it up in funny outfits! :confused: :p

Oh, well, to each their own, I guess. For me, as long as the adventure/exploration/action/puzzles are all good, I don't care what she's wearing or how her hair is styled. In fact, I'd much prefer CD to focus all their attention on making a great game, not dividing their attention between the game and her wardrobe.

Fickji
24th Feb 2008, 17:08
I liked the outfit changing in legend and anniversery. I'd like to see more outfits but not in color changing. The bikini should go (I never put her in it anyways) but maybe some different outfits from different non tomb raider games would be cool. Kinda like what they did with the Amanda outfits.

Period custumes may be cool too. For example: mayan outfit, egypt outfit, rome outfit, peasent outfit.
Just so you could see her run around the level in traditional to place garb.

The suits were pretty bad and should go too.

briek
24th Feb 2008, 17:18
I really think that the outfits in Underworld should suit the areas she in rather like in Tomb Raider 3. In Tomb Raider 3 she had a different outfit for the five different locations, but in Legend she had two outfits they swapped in and out. I think certain accessories should be added for certain areas (like crampons in snowy climates to help with climbing snowy ledges, because face it - nobody climbs a snow-covered mountain in hiking boots without crampons). I think that since they are writing different weather maps for each location, the outfits she chooses should correspond to the type of weather (i.e. humidity, temperature, precipitation, air pressure). I know that the writers of the game can still make Lara look sexy as they have in previous games while still adding bulky accessories. It's just another challenge, and it would be much more appreciated to have real-life gear in the game.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s255/BrieK47/antartica.jpg

Mangar The Dark
25th Feb 2008, 15:30
[FONT="Century Gothic"]I really think that the outfits in Underworld should suit the areas she in rather like in Tomb Raider 3. In Tomb Raider 3 she had a different outfit for the five different locations, but in Legend she had two outfits they swapped in and out.

What version of Legend did you play?
On the Xbox version, her outfits matched her location. For example, in Bolivia, she wore a light, warm weather outfit. In Japan she wore an evening dress. In Kazakstan, she wore a winter jacket (also in Nepal), in London, she wore a motorcycle jacket.
I always assumed all versions had the same outfits, so I'm surprised your version only had two outfits.

angerzXraider
27th May 2008, 17:57
Lara with pigtails? Kind of unproffessional don't you think? She should wear her hair down sometimes though. I would love to see it gracefully flow in combat or when swan diving off a cliff.

jayjay119
27th May 2008, 18:01
[FONT="Century Gothic"]I really think that the outfits in Underworld should suit the areas she in rather like in Tomb Raider 3. In Tomb Raider 3 she had a different outfit for the five different locations, but in Legend she had two outfits they swapped in and out.

I agree, it only makes sense- selectable outfits don't really interest me considering the majority of the time i weat the TR classic outfit or the AOD camo one, but i like the thought of having costume changes to suit the weather. But not the same ones. Lara isn't a tramp!

RinoTheBouncer
31st Jul 2008, 03:18
Hey Guys,
I've been Raiding the forum today n i found some new screens from Mexico
but if u noticed she wears shorts n sleeveless shirt and also trousers n long sleeves shirt
so umm how can u explain that ? i mean what type of outfits change system are they using?
will there be multiple levels in the same area ? or u have the chance to wear warm clothes in cold weather ?!!!!!

i don't think they show screens of unlockable outfits as they never did before

Rusty_DK
31st Jul 2008, 03:54
well i mean, when your building a game you just use a model of lara, maybe even a lower ploygon count as well. Theres no need to have her in her outfit for that level when building the game.

I know what you are talking about as I have seen this as well, you have probably just seen some early concept shots. But as I said, when making a game it isnt necessary to have her trotting around in the outfit she is to wear on that level, you just need her to be there to test things out to see if they work.

Does that make sense?

RinoTheBouncer
31st Jul 2008, 03:57
well i mean, when your building a game you just use a model of lara, maybe even a lower ploygon count as well. Theres no need to have her in her outfit for that level when building the game.

I know what you are talking about as I have seen this as well, you have probably just seen some early concept shots. But as I said, when making a game it isnt necessary to have her trotting around in the outfit she is to wear on that level, you just need her to be there to test things out to see if they work.

Does that make sense?

well yeah it does ... but these screens / footage was an official release so i don't think it's still pre-alpha as well as seeing these shots in the magazines ... but i dunno maybe they're just a test as u said.

Rusty_DK
31st Jul 2008, 04:03
things can change mate, maybe the long sleved outfit wasnt designed yet, who knows...

whether its an official release or not, things will change and continur to be ammended.

I only talk about using that model because alot of people were complaining about the silent hill 5 screen shots, how they had seemed to have dumbed down the graphics, but it in reality it was the version in which they build and develop the game in.

If I'm working on a game, im not going to go to the trouble of making sure she's wearing the right outfit. Why? Becuase it isnt necessary, you just need her to be there when designing, thats all.

LisaB1962
31st Jul 2008, 11:17
Maybe we'll be allowed to choose a starting outfit--either pants or the shorts.

jaco3109
10th Aug 2008, 14:11
i would love to be able to play in a gown
a long dress with diamonds..
haha

skybluetopaz
10th Aug 2008, 14:23
sounds glam but but might be hard to fight in LOL ;) :)

Devil666
10th Aug 2008, 14:43
I don't care about the other outfits as long as they put again the GOTHIC outfit from TRL :) It was GORGEOUS!!! Especially on Next-Gen :)) I'm totally in love with that one :))

Tom-b Raider
10th Aug 2008, 14:49
Yeah i would love to see

- Legend
- Catsuit
- Wetsuit
- Anniversy

Maybe even AoD streets one, you know at the beginning lol just to make a change lol

:cool:

skybluetopaz
10th Aug 2008, 15:27
oooo the classic grey and maybe a hoodie.............................................................with flowers LOL. (the last ones maybe a little inpracticle):D :cool:

matty
13th Aug 2008, 14:37
hey guys does anybody know if eidos has confirmed any new outfits for lara besides the wetsuit,underworld trouser and shorts outfits:) :) :)

Greenas
13th Aug 2008, 17:31
Nope buddy , nothing has been released :o

No confirmation of any other outfits , but it is unlikely that those are the only ones ....

Arctic
13th Aug 2008, 17:32
Hmm.. She does have an Underworld outfit with another top with long sleeves, which is showed in the Beneath the Surface trailer. Beside that, I don't think anyone knows anything about other outfits :)

And then of course, there's the one in my signature, but I don't really know if it's going to be in the game :)

Greenas
13th Aug 2008, 17:34
Anyway , I gotta go now . Bye you guys (mainly Arctic) .

Arctic
13th Aug 2008, 17:37
Bye, Greenas. See you :)

matty
13th Aug 2008, 17:54
i think the one in the trailer will pobably be unlockable

i seen the trouser one with long sleeves in the beneath the surface trailer too it looks cool.

i think there will brobably be quite a few that will be unlockable in the game maybee others from past games and new ones too =]=]:) :) :D :D

Greenas
13th Aug 2008, 18:03
I hope so .

Arctic
13th Aug 2008, 18:14
Yep. That would be nice ;)

Dr.Willard
13th Aug 2008, 18:16
I'm sure it was stated in an article that there would be a fair selection of costumes to choose from in Underworld.

Arctic
13th Aug 2008, 18:18
@ Dr.Willard - Oh, that sounds fine ;)

matty
13th Aug 2008, 18:41
I'm sure it was stated in an article that there would be a fair selection of costumes to choose from in Underworld.

did it say what outfits though. and dr.willard i posted a reply on my string about tru being good on the ps2.please read it then type a reply back as soon as possible

rabid metro
13th Aug 2008, 21:39
hey guys does anybody know if eidos has confirmed any new outfits for lara ...

From the TRU Information Warehouse (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=78038) (its a vast ... ... ...)

Previews:
08-jul-18, Das Gamer: John Gaudiosi, controls/ animations/ adrenaline moments/ new moves/ new outfits (http://www.dasgamer.com/tomb-raider-underworld-brings-back-lara-now-with-naturally-heaving-cleavage/)

after you get past the initially strong language, well actually in the very last paragraph, there's a mention of a dozen outfits (without descriptions) and another cool feature, as well.
:cool:

poplk
15th Oct 2008, 01:28
i love her swimsuit outfit and im wondering if it will be in underworld

you cant blame me for knowing how to acesarise
i love that line !:D
here are the swimsuit outfit

http://www.tombraidergirl.com/pics/outfits/tr7/bikiniblack.jpg

croft91
15th Oct 2008, 01:34
Who knows. But it would be nyc. I like the Legend swimsuit, especially the black one that you have the picture of. We'll hav to wait and see I guess:D :nut: :rasp: :lmao:

KEVIN.GINDERS
15th Oct 2008, 20:36
Do you still get to change outfits in Tombraider Underworld? and why did Lara blow up Croft Manor?.

Tomb_Raider_15
15th Oct 2008, 20:54
Good questions...unfortunately one to which nobody knows the answers to 100%.

Im not so sure why Lara decides to.... blow up her mansion ....but im guessing she did not do it out of choice....

As for the outfits, i think its safe to say that you should be able to choose various outfits, or atleast unlock them after completing the game =P

So gutted that you will not be able to play in Croft Manor as a side mission....I used to love changing outfits and wandering around her home in Legend and Anniversary :( :( :(

poplk
15th Oct 2008, 21:30
one thing i hope goth not in there if there is one i will be MAD!!!!!!!!!!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Golden Laurel
16th Oct 2008, 00:23
yah i realy enjoyed croft manor :( Though im also gutted that there will be nothi9ng for the ps3 (except the game) but i know its not eidos fault, and im still buying the game.

*spoilers bellow* (i gues)

as for your questions:
We have seen the long sleeved outfit in mexico,
The red Croft manor outfit
The uderworld outfit
And
the underwrold outfit with pants
ohh and
The medditeranean outfit.

As for her manor, my theory is that she blew up the manor to reach a tomb underneath it.... or cover up her past... idk i gues we'll have to wait for the game

Samara
16th Oct 2008, 09:46
Gothic outfit but with better makeup and I think Lara don't wear enough red, since now, there is only the bonus red dress of TR Legend...;)

Studded*Belt
20th Oct 2008, 19:31
mmm... outfits i want??? well..
I think lara should have a pair of *pajamas *the bloody cross shirt(from movie) and black skinny pants * nevada out fit from Tr3 *a fur rimmed jacket *emo outfit( i think lara would make a cute emo:p )

BTW!!! i think we should choose from differnt hair styles, back back, gun holsters, and other props... what can i say a girl has a differnt mood every day... so look it:rolleyes:

briek
24th Nov 2008, 21:27
What version of Legend did you play?
On the Xbox version, her outfits matched her location. For example, in Bolivia, she wore a light, warm weather outfit. In Japan she wore an evening dress. In Kazakstan, she wore a winter jacket (also in Nepal), in London, she wore a motorcycle jacket.
I always assumed all versions had the same outfits, so I'm surprised your version only had two outfits.

Hmmm... good point. I don't know what I was thinking when I posted that.:o

LaraRules81
24th Nov 2008, 22:18
TDK: "UR Nothin But WOMANIZER"

TDK you BRITNEY FREAKY SQUID!!!

Scary You.

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...araRules81.jpg