PDA

View Full Version : Please help TR2

Arnar
29th Jul 2008, 16:53
I just bought a sold out version of TR2 and i cant save the game please any one help me:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :( :( :( :mad2: :( :( :( :o

SethKoopa
29th Jul 2008, 17:11
Explain. Is it a PC version or a PS one? How exactly can't you save? Does the game crash when you try? Be more specific, please. (Usually, just press escape, down and save in the password, or press F5.)

annebelle86
29th Jul 2008, 17:19
when it's pc: maybe because you're starting up from the disc... try starting from the startmenu or desktop?

Arnar
29th Jul 2008, 17:41
its on pc and i cant save i just save and when im going to load game theres no saves or loads:mad2: :mad2:

annebelle86
29th Jul 2008, 18:10
yeah.. i had that with one of the tr's, i believe it was tr1... have you tried what i said before?

Spong
29th Jul 2008, 18:14
Check the TR2 folder Anrar (C:\Program Files\Core Design\Tomb Raider II).

If you say you've saved the game in the past, the folder should contain files called "Savegame.XX (the XX wil be a number from 0 to 15). If they're not present, there's certainly a problem.

Arnar
29th Jul 2008, 18:19
there are no save files and F5 dosent work

annebelle86
29th Jul 2008, 18:22
do you start from the disc? i.e. when you close the tray, a window pops up with options to play the game, (un)install, read me etc. and you press play game (or play)... that could be the problem

Arnar
29th Jul 2008, 18:22
i dosent work in TR3 to

Arnar
29th Jul 2008, 18:26
there is no window that pops up:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

rg_001100
29th Jul 2008, 18:35
Could this possibly be a "user permission" thing? :scratch:

annebelle86
29th Jul 2008, 18:41
okay... first: inhale... exhale:)

take out the disc, put it back in, close the tray, there should be a window with a picture that says tomb raider II and lara standing next to it with a gun in her hand and buttons below that say play, setup, install, uninstall, read me and cancel

it is the autorun window

since you've already installed it (i presume;)), click it away and start the game from either the desktop, the start menu or the trII folder tomb2.exe i think

try saving now:)

rg_001100
29th Jul 2008, 18:44
take out the disc, put it back in, close the tray, there should be a window with a picture that says tomb raider II and lara standing next to it with a gun in her hand and buttons below that say play, setup, install, uninstall, read me and cancel

Autorun could be disabled. But that wouldn't be the issue. If s/he can run the game then we can probably assume s/he's got the disc in. And if autorun isn't showing up then we can probably also assume s/he's running from the start menu... or the executable file itself.

Arnar
29th Jul 2008, 18:44
nothing works:( :( :( :(

annebelle86
29th Jul 2008, 18:46
yeah, that's true...

but since i had the same issue once with tr1 and tr3 (i remember now) i thought this could be the problem

and maybe it could be a 'user permission' thing, but then shouldn't there be a code to fill in somewhere that is on either the box or the usermanual?

rg_001100
29th Jul 2008, 18:49
nothing works:( :( :( :(

Is your user an admin account? It could be a user permission thing.

Arnar
29th Jul 2008, 18:49
i dont know whats wrong but im happy because the ps3 just played tr2 now so gotta go
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :nut: :nut: :nut: :rolleyes: ;) :) :rasp:

annebelle86
29th Jul 2008, 18:51
Is your user an admin account? It could be a user permission thing.

oh that's what you mean! disregard my previous post then...

and arnar: have fun!:D

Spong
29th Jul 2008, 19:37
As bizarre as it sounds, I was speaking to Lo earlier and she's having exactly the same problem with saving on a particular fan made custom game.

I can't say I've ever come across the problem. I had something similar once though, it was while Last Revelation. The game was saving okay (the "savegame.xx" files were there), but it just wasn't registering the files on the load screen.

I couldn't make head nor tale of it at the time, but luckily the problem seemed to remedy itself with a restart.

SethKoopa
29th Jul 2008, 20:47
Funny, I've never heard of this kind of error before. But oh well. (Btw, Spong, send Lo my greetings, I miss her around here.:( )

rg_001100
30th Jul 2008, 03:06
As bizarre as it sounds, I was speaking to Lo earlier and she's having exactly the same problem with saving on a particular fan made custom game.

I can't say I've ever come across the problem. I had something similar once though, it was while Last Revelation. The game was saving okay (the "savegame.xx" files were there), but it just wasn't registering the files on the load screen.

I couldn't make head nor tale of it at the time, but luckily the problem seemed to remedy itself with a restart.

I get this with TR4/TR5 when I click play on autorun (Runs CD exe file ??). Start menu works fine. Can't imagine it running from start menu :scratch:. Can't see the original problem with TR2 though.

Spong
30th Jul 2008, 03:49
That's the weird thing, I don't ever use a CD. I use ISOs mounted on a virtual drive that have the autoruns removed. I have shortcuts on my desktop and I just click on those to start the games.

That thing with the savegame files only ever happened once, I have no idea what it was about :scratch: