PDA

View Full Version : Funny things I discovered in the Upper City.......

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 19:27
I played the Upper City of BO2 lately and I discovered a view funny :D things:

You can see the entrance of the device!! It is near the cathedral... Screenshots (http://linikratyo.googlepages.com/lokforumdevicepictures) :thumbsup:

When the priests move to look for you in the mist they are beginning to walk weird. :nut: :confused:

One thing to think about... What was the religion of these priests in the uppercity?? :confused:

FearGhoul
28th Jul 2008, 20:57
This is the level that begins with Kain getting off the subway thing, right? I'm replaying the game and just started that level. Did you see this normally, or did you use some sort of cheat?

Linikratyo
28th Jul 2008, 21:50
no if you look at the place where Marcus goes away with the barouche/carriage/car thing (don't really know the word in english) and you look in the sky you can see the building. Later when you have met the bishop and you are tracking down Marcus, you get on the roofs. From here you can also see the Glyph logo on the building.......

FearGhoul
29th Jul 2008, 01:36
That's cool. I'll have to look for those.

dragonfly2
29th Jul 2008, 02:02
Yeah I noticed that too about the sarafan priests doing the tip toe through the misty with Kain hiding to kill them down. hehehehehehehehehe

FearGhoul
29th Jul 2008, 23:21
You're right about that building! That sure is weird. I wonder if it's supposed to have any signifigance, or if they just liked how the building looked and decided to put it there, figuring no one would notice?

Linikratyo
30th Jul 2008, 09:57
well you get in front of that building at the end of the canyons when you are teleported over there.... maybe it is just a thing, so that players that pay much attention notice it and go ask "what the *** is that thing??" Like with those posters of Vorador in the Lower City...

FearGhoul
2nd Aug 2008, 00:18
I just got to the part when you get to that building, and I looked around the area. Notice the wall opposite from the building. I think that you noticed something that we were all supposed to have noticed on our second play throughs. I think that when you see that building in the Upper City, that it really was the same building. Remember that the Seer mentions how the Device is below the city, so I think that it really is supposed to be the same building both times. I'm really surprised that no one seemed to have noticed that, or at least, no one that posts here. Really good find there.

dumah's wraith
6th Aug 2008, 20:11
Great find. By the way, does anyone know what those posters in french in the slums mean?

FearGhoul
6th Aug 2008, 20:46
All I can find by using translation sites on the Internet is that it says "Falsehood of Avon". I don't know what "avon" refers to though.

Irmok the Mad
8th Aug 2008, 06:12
I've noticed this before. The first thing that hinted that to me was the unique goulish shreeks coming from behind the walls. Unique to the device. On the inside of the walls you can notice Upper City features such as textures, architecture, and what's beyond the walls visually and ambiently, if that's a word.. You can hear church bells inside the walls.

Linikratyo
13th Aug 2008, 13:39
also in the intro of the upper city I saw the building near the gate the guards were closing......... I can't believe that I didn't saw this before..... :scratch: It's so obvious and I played BO2 completely like about 6 times........ :D

ammon
5th Apr 2009, 14:42
in the Lower City - after your first encounter with a Glyph Guard - there's a building (the one with the alley you have to go down) called Hill House...??? or is it Silent House??? (can't remember :nut: ) and if you stand out side it (anywhere) you'll here screams and if you wait long enough you'll hear the male voice for Soul Reaver's Human Citadel (the one that sounds like it's saying "heathen" ) :D
(...thou, i've only managed to hear that twice - all the over times didn't work :scratch: )

:p

Linikratyo
5th Apr 2009, 16:09
in the Lower City - after your first encounter with a Glyph Guard - there's a building (the one with the alley you have to go down) called Hill House...??? or is it Silent House??? (can't remember :nut: ) and if you stand out side it (anywhere) you'll here screams and if you wait long enough you'll hear the male voice for Soul Reaver's Human Citadel (the one that sounds like it's saying "heathen" ) :D
(...thou, i've only managed to hear that twice - all the over times didn't work :scratch: )

:p

What?? Where???

ammon
7th Apr 2009, 09:46
Linikratyo - What?? Where???

:confused: ...erm - in Blood Omen 2, the Lower City, after the fight with the first Glyph Guard that actually glows.....

Linikratyo
7th Apr 2009, 16:43
Linikratyo - What?? Where???

:confused: ...erm - in Blood Omen 2, the Lower City, after the fight with the first Glyph Guard that actually glows.....

hmm.... That's when you meet Sebastian for the first time right?? I will have to look there again.... :hmm:

ammon
9th Apr 2009, 17:04
hmm.... That's when you meet Sebastian for the first time right?? I will have to look there again.... :hmm:

yeah. it's before you meet him - after the alley where the two gangs of rival thugs beat eachother senseless :p (and the glowing-battery-power guard :D )

VipericVampire
12th Apr 2009, 17:03
Yeah, I noticed that when I finished the game... lol

I didn't notice the Device building when I played Blood Omen 2.

However, in the Upper City, you can hear a man (or men) screaming. And when you finish the Canyons level, after being transported to the Device, you are in front of the same building and you can hear the same cries.

Also, you remember in the beginning of the UC level, where the guards say ''The gates are closed''? That door that was closed was, by my guess, the same door that was behind Kain when he was transported by the Seer to the Device.

VipericVampire
12th Apr 2009, 17:06
And about the religion part, it's hard to say. If you remember, in the Smuggler's Den, there's a church, and on top of it, there's a cross. So, could it be Christianity? Well, that's also hard to say cause I don't think that the biblical message got sent to Nosgoth... :p

Linikratyo
12th Apr 2009, 19:33
Yeah, I noticed that when I finished the game... lol

I didn't notice the Device building when I played Blood Omen 2.

However, in the Upper City, you can hear a man (or men) screaming. And when you finish the Canyons level, after being transported to the Device, you are in front of the same building and you can hear the same cries.

Also, you remember in the beginning of the UC level, where the guards say ''The gates are closed''? That door that was closed was, by my guess, the same door that was behind Kain when he was transported by the Seer to the Device.

I think that are the gates to an other part of the city... not the device. You see the guards closing it at the introduction cinematic of the UC.
Normally they would close the city gates at night, so I think they mean that...

dumah's wraith
12th Apr 2009, 19:36
And about the religion part, it's hard to say. If you remember, in the Smuggler's Den, there's a church, and on top of it, there's a cross. So, could it be Christianity? Well, that's also hard to say cause I don't think that the biblical message got sent to Nosgoth... :p

Churches are probably just there because of the architecture, it doesn't mean much.

The_Hylden
12th Apr 2009, 22:15
The crosses were Sarafan ones, so they are worshiping what amounts to The Sarafan Lord and his new order, which is a bastardization of the original Sarafan Order to begin with.

VipericVampire
13th Apr 2009, 00:36
I think that are the gates to an other part of the city... not the device. You see the guards closing it at the introduction cinematic of the UC.
Normally they would close the city gates at night, so I think they mean that...

Yes, probably.

Churches are probably just there because of the architecture, it doesn't mean much.

Well, I think it's like what The Hylden said. They're worshiping Slordy and his new order, which would make sense. Or, your answer could be right too. haha :D

The crosses were Sarafan ones, so they are worshiping what amounts to The Sarafan Lord and his new order, which is a bastardization of the original Sarafan Order to begin with.

Excellent reply! =O Thanks! :D

Linikratyo
13th Apr 2009, 21:50
Excellent reply! =O Thanks! :D

Yeah The Hylden is known for that :D