PDA

View Full Version : To Short:(

Arnar
28th Jul 2008, 13:05
who thinks that the tomb raider games has got shorter.
The levels are easy in TRL TRA so you can finish the game just like blinking a eye.
I was flying to Spain from Iceland and i finished TRL in 2 and a half hour in, hard the old games are longer, better and harder.
Tell me what you think:D

TombLover
28th Jul 2008, 13:08
I definatly think that the older games are more challenging, but i dont think anniversary is easy. I was stuck running around and getting killed in damoclis in st francis folly :rasp: But, everyones different ;)

Shiva
28th Jul 2008, 14:19
I haven't played any of the old games although I have the Chronicles for my old dreamcast but I quit playing it because the controls were just awful. I think Legend is very short yes and easy too. Anniversary isn't short but could be longer :D I don't think it was very difficult but it was more than Legend was. I like both but I prefer Legend - don't ask me why :scratch:

I just hope Underworld will be longer :D

SethKoopa
28th Jul 2008, 14:22
I haven't played any of the old games although I have the Chronicles for my old dreamcast but I quit playing it because the controls were just awful.

It makes me laugh that you should say this because I hate the new ones. I think the old controls were very intuitive and once you learned them, they became incredibly instinctive. Give them a chance, I say.

I just hope Underworld will be longer :D

I agree on that; the longer, the better-lasting, the better.

Shiva
28th Jul 2008, 14:37
It makes me laugh that you should say this because I hate the new ones. I think the old controls were very intuitive and once you learned them, they became incredibly instinctive. Give them a chance, I say.

I agree on that; the longer, the better-lasting, the better.

Well may be I have to give a chance to it :D I think I dropped too soon :D
I have to try it again ;)

Jurre
28th Jul 2008, 14:58
The levels are easy in TRL TRA so you can finish the game just like blinking a eye.
I was flying to Spain from Iceland and i finished TRL in 2 and a half hour in, hard the old games are longer, better and harder.
ALL single player games these days are shorter than they used to be, In fact Anniversary is pretty lengthy for a 2007 game, and I believe it is all the fault the best grafics race. Because the high standards in grafics these days, it takes a 60 men crew to make a game that is 4 times shorter than a game that was made 10 years ago by a 6 men team. It also takes way more time and money to make the game and therefore it has to appeal to a large group of mainstream gamers if they want to make a profit, or it would be committing financial suicide. So don't think that Tomb Raider has changed radically because Crystal D is evil or out of there minds, its simply how it works in the business these days.

UNDERWORLD16
28th Jul 2008, 15:40

U READ MY MINE I SAID THA SAME THING

THA LEVELS WERE REALLY LONG

SOMETIMES IT TOOK ME ALMOST 2 days

SethKoopa
28th Jul 2008, 16:36
ALL single player games these days are shorter than they used to be, In fact Anniversary is pretty lengthy for a 2007 game, and I believe it is all the fault the best grafics race. Because the high standards in grafics these days, it takes a 60 men crew to make a game that is 4 times shorter than a game that was made 10 years ago by a 6 men team. It also takes way more time and money to make the game and therefore it has to appeal to a large group of mainstream gamers if they want to make a profit, or it would be committing financial suicide. So don't think that Tomb Raider has changed radically because Crystal D is evil or out of there minds, its simply how it works in the business these days.

A very astute observation. It's true; more success makes it harder for a franchise to remain good. It's the sad truth. :(

IvanaKC
28th Jul 2008, 16:55

Older games are harder for sure but it's because they have bad graphics and it's harder to find a way.

SethKoopa
28th Jul 2008, 16:58
Older games are harder for sure but it's because they have bad graphics and it's harder to find a way.

You have to take the times into account, love. Even the Last Revelation is still very impressive graphically.