PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 - Secret Ending?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
27th Jul 2008, 15:50
Anyone have ideas for a possible 'Secret Ending' to Deus Ex 3. :cool:

In IW, we had the "Wrap Party" ending. To unlock it, you had to be on Liberty Island/UNATCO map and retrieve the UNATCO flag. You had to take the flag to the bathroom in Joseph Manderley's office and flush it down the toilet, lol. That would then trigger transportation to the party ending. There are funny Datacubes to read too. Also, the characters you see at the party depend on who you kill throughout the game. Nice little touch there. :)
Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghf3vTA20mE

So, you never know... Eidos Montreal may wish to carry on this tradition and will perhaps read this thread! :eek: :D

So, what ideas do you have for a Deus Ex 3 secret ending? Another party perhaps? A mini-mission? Perhaps extra graphic/media content?

Also, how would you like to see this level unlocked? Another certain action within the game? Just by finishing the game? Gathering clues to decipher a code?

This should be an interesting discussion! Bring it on.... :thumbsup:

jordan_a
27th Jul 2008, 16:12
A party in their studio in DX3 would be a great thing.

Nathan2000
27th Jul 2008, 16:15
Also, the characters you see at the party depend on who you kill throughout the game. Nice little touch there. :)
Video here: [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghf3vTA20mE[/url

I thought the killed characters disappear in later maps by default. That feature made me stop killing Billie Adams in Antarctica. Too bad that the writers didn't dome up with some more interesting one-liners than "Hello", "Hi there" or such.

So, what ideas do you have for a Deus Ex 3 secret ending? Another party perhaps? A mini-mission? Perhaps extra graphic/media content?

The party is an icon right now. Can you imagine Deus Ex [?] without it? It's like if it didn't have any basketball court or Fahrenheit 451 reference.

How about a leather fetishist party? It should please the fans of the first game.

Blade_hunter
27th Jul 2008, 16:24
A secret ending would be interesting for DX 3

Perhaps we can see a sort of resurrection of all characters from both DX games and we can see each characters make something use some famous scenes from DX or invent newer
a room with a party, a room with NPC's playing in a PC and others in a console at the both DX games, see some NPC's around a vending machine, and some others around the NG Resonance, surprising NPC's make something embarrassing.

I don't know but I think this kind of secret end must be funny :)

DXeXodus
28th Jul 2008, 04:29
The secret ending in Invisible War was great and I would love to see something similar in Deus Ex 3. Maybe a party at the good old 'Lucky Money' club :D

AaronJ
28th Jul 2008, 04:55
All of us here from the forums, dancing a jig.

Jerion
28th Jul 2008, 05:08
The secret ending in Invisible War was great and I would love to see something similar in Deus Ex 3. Maybe a party at the good old 'Lucky Money' club :D

As long as they don't forget the Russian sailors...:D

AaronJ
28th Jul 2008, 05:17
Yevgeni! Where is Yevgeni!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jul 2008, 09:26
^
LOL :D

I like the idea of a party at the Eidos Montreal offices. We could have the game characters and the staff enjoying each other's company. :D

René
28th Jul 2008, 12:45
Maybe something like this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sZdkhxTALxc&feature=related

Lady_Of_The_Vine
28th Jul 2008, 13:24
LMAO! :D
Yeah, something like that, hehe.
But make it interactive so that we, the player, can walk around and enjoy funny conversations with yourselves, the Team, and the in-game characters. :)

OMG, hope this might happen for Deus Ex 3!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

P.S. Could you also include a very tame pet Greasel. I think they are quite adorable really! :o :)

Tracer Tong
28th Jul 2008, 22:20
A party in their studio in DX3 would be a great thing.
You should know... :rasp: Have you tried taking a flag and flushing it in D'Astous's toilet? :D

Yevgeni! Where is Yevgeni!

I SPILL MY DRINK!

Jerion
28th Jul 2008, 23:41
Aw man, now every time that I think about a secret ending to DX3 I keep imagining a horde of MJ12 troopers fleeing out of the Lucky Money, pursued by half a dozen angry russians shouting, "They say they pay the police, but you come and you shoot and I run and I spill my drink ALL OVER MY UNIFORM!"

:D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
31st Jul 2008, 07:19
^
L O L

auric
10th Dec 2008, 23:55
Personally, I wish for any game (shooter or otherwise)
to have an alternate path to experience after finishing the game.

Like if its an identity issue like Reven in SW: Knights of the Old Republic
I would like to replay the game with the character fully knowing who he/she is.
And have fun messing with the other's minds.

In Deus Ex, it'll be nice to be able to kill someone you know is the bad guy who works with you early in the game & see what happens. :D

Like Simons at Liberty Island when we first met.

GmanPro
11th Dec 2008, 00:23
^^

Spoiler tag maybe?

TrickyVein
11th Dec 2008, 02:29
The quote files were real fun.

Don't forget those flaming penguins ;)

KSingh77
24th Apr 2009, 21:11
Defiantly need the flaming penguins.

Oh wouldn't mind partying at the Eidos studio too.

Romeo
25th Apr 2009, 00:22
Don't care, so long as there's flaming penguins.

dixieflatline
25th Apr 2009, 00:31
I think EM should take the secret ending opportunity to make fun all of us hardcore fans in the forum :)

IOOI
25th Apr 2009, 00:52
^^

Spoiler tag maybe?

Definitely needs it! Spoiler tag please!
Uff... I stoped reading in time.

JCD
25th Apr 2009, 03:40
I think EM should take the secret ending opportunity to make fun all of us hardcore fans in the forum :)
They would have to make a hospital FULL of medkits and sexy nurses :lmao: :lmao:

I would also like a secret ending, in fact I never knew about IW's...:p

Necros
25th Apr 2009, 04:10
The secret ending in Invisible War was great and I would love to see something similar in Deus Ex 3.
:thumb:

Romeo
25th Apr 2009, 04:18
They would have to make a hospital FULL of medkits and sexy nurses :lmao: :lmao:

I would also like a secret ending, in fact I never knew about IW's...:p
Are you serial? Deus Ex: Invisible War set the standard for secret endings. To this day, that's probably my favorite end to a game, secret or otherwise. :D

K^2
25th Apr 2009, 09:19

In IW, we had the "Wrap Party" ending. To unlock it, you had to be on Liberty Island/UNATCO map and retrieve the UNATCO flag. You had to take the flag to the bathroom in Joseph Manderley's office and flush it down the toilet, lol. That would then trigger transportation to the party ending. There are funny Datacubes to read too. Also, the characters you see at the party depend on who you kill throughout the game. Nice little touch there. :)

That's not a secret ending. That's the real ending. It's the only one in IW that makes sense.

But yeah, an Easter-Egg-type ending in 3 would be nice.

auric
25th Apr 2009, 09:59
That's not a secret ending. That's the real ending. It's the only one in IW that makes sense.

But yeah, an Easter-Egg-type ending in 3 would be nice.

Which ending is it that makes sense?

Can't see the video at the moment.
:)

JCD
25th Apr 2009, 13:28
Ι find that the Omar ending "made sense" - the others...just no.

hem dazon 90
26th Apr 2009, 03:00
how about at the end if you do something special you walk away thinking everthing is gonna be alright....... the ou look outside and you see you accedentaly summoned cthulhu!:eek: then you go in a corner and weep as the world ends around you.:lol:

K^2
26th Apr 2009, 03:32
Which ending is it that makes sense?

Can't see the video at the moment.
It's a party ending. Remember that Club Vox in Seattle? You warp there, and every important character in the game (that you haven't killed) is there, dancing and generally having good time. There is also a quote book scattered throughout as a number of data cubes.

Jerion
26th Apr 2009, 03:55
It's a party ending. Remember that Club Vox in Seattle? You warp there, and every important character in the game (that you haven't killed) is there, dancing and generally having good time. There is also a quote book scattered throughout as a number of data cubes.

I wonder how creepy/desolate it would be if you killed everybody...

K^2
26th Apr 2009, 04:38
I think there might have been a few people there you couldn't kill, weren't there? I think I have a Liberty Island saved game somewhere. Maybe I should check it out.

hem dazon 90
26th Apr 2009, 08:07
so my attempt at an ending was so bad no one comentts :(

K^2
26th Apr 2009, 09:10
Asking people to comment on your post, or even just making a post about how no one did, is considered bad tone on most forums. If people didn't comment, they didn't comment. Leave it at that.

TrickyVein
27th Apr 2009, 03:16
I second the party ending.

And the flaming penguins.

Romeo
27th Apr 2009, 07:21
Ι find that the Omar ending "made sense" - the others...just no.
Of course, it only makes sense that the crazy-awesome guys annihilate everyone. That was the second best ending in the game (Second only to the flaming penguin one).

Necros
27th Apr 2009, 10:35
I second the party ending.
That is a must. :cool:

Well, as a Lovecraft fan I'd appreciate it but it wouldn't fit. :) But it would be nice to find one of HPL's short stories in a book or something. :D

Bluey71
27th Apr 2009, 16:45
What about a virtual tour or discussion with someone like Prof Kevin Warwick?

http://www.kevinwarwick.com/Cyborg2.htm

Or perhaps someone from Japan, anyone who is involved with research that may ultimatley lead to mechanical biomods etc. The tour could give tie-ins to the game and where current research is going. The ending would be like 'Deus is coming,its almost here...'

Or something like that. Just a thought.

GmanPro
27th Apr 2009, 17:06
The dance party ending makes sense. I'd like to see that :D

Jerion
27th Apr 2009, 17:10
I'd like it to be a dance party at the studio. And when you get there you spawn in the lobby of the Gordon Brown building and have to take the elevator up to the 6th floor. The elevator doors open and BOOM, dance party!

GmanPro
27th Apr 2009, 17:11
With an endless supply of Eidos cookies!!1 :nut:

TrickyVein
28th Apr 2009, 04:01
and russian sailors

jamhaw
28th Apr 2009, 04:03

I think it was funny. :) Although the ending should in my view follow the dance party style of previous endings.

Romeo
28th Apr 2009, 23:17
I think it was funny. :) Although the ending should in my view follow the dance party style of previous endings.
Yeah, the "Sooper Ending" should be done in the same way too, with a flag and a toilet. That would be a clever tip of the hat, to me. :D

PugPug
29th Apr 2009, 00:41
The Liberty Island mission from DX1, recreated in the DX3 engine.

Using the same character you created in DX3, if practical.

With dev commentary datapads all over the place.

Come to think of it, a "dev commentary mode" similar to what Valve does would be sweet.

auric
1st May 2009, 16:33
Actually it'll be nice to have DXI with II's graphics, lol

or at least hopefully the HD project would be completed 1 day.

Xesum
9th May 2009, 14:18
Actually the First Level of Deus Ex does sound like a really good idea to have.

KSingh77
20th May 2009, 02:51
Garret from Thief shows up out of nowwhere and pickpockets all your credits.

GmanPro
20th May 2009, 04:42
And then all your credits magically regenerate

hem dazon 90
20th May 2009, 22:56
seriously man, that joke is old.

anyway yeah staff party at eidos sounds great

Abram730
20th May 2009, 23:49
Staff meeting between Eidos and the Illuminati(Hulu style). That Eidos is part of a plot to take over the world.... because "that's how they roll".

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jun 2009, 23:02
As its been so long waiting for more news, do you guys think its time to retitle this thread 'Deus Ex 3 - Secret Beginning'? :scratch:

Archy
7th Jun 2009, 01:48
Maybe the secret ending could be like this: A flaming penguin comes out of nowhere and shoots Adam in the head. Then, BAM! The screen shatters from a bullet hole. The camera zooms out, revealing you're really in the Eidos Montréal studio. Next to the destroyed screen would be Rene, cursing and throwing a hissy fit while holding a pistol.

The end.

KSingh77
15th Jun 2009, 17:52
Gunther throwing a soda machine out through the window because it gave him lemon instead of orange.

ArcR
16th Jun 2009, 01:11
I'd like to see a party with dancing and some fun/interesting dialogue. There should be enough character development to give them material.

We don't know who the characters are but they could have great out-of-character cut scenes (think Manderley Rap or Gunther Hermann doing stand up comedy.)

What about a room with a juke box where you can go through the game's soundtrack? (I think they should make this available after you complete the game)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
18th Jun 2009, 11:50
Gunther throwing a soda machine out through the window because it gave him lemon instead of orange.

I like that one. :D

xsamitt
16th Mar 2010, 12:35
It would be great to have an ending that we would have to figure out.

IH-Denton
16th Mar 2010, 13:08
Anyway it will be downloadable content for a fee... (=

atLaNt1s
16th Mar 2010, 15:40
What about a room with a juke box where you can go through the game's soundtrack? (I think they should make this available after you complete the game)

Very good idea. Also, i would like to see characters from dx1 in the secret ending, like the russian saylors, navarre or morpheus.

xsamitt
16th Mar 2010, 15:44
Very good idea. Also, i would like to see characters from dx1 in the secret ending, like the Russian sailors, Navarre or Morpheus.

Interesting...would be nice i think.

Neveos
16th Mar 2010, 16:37
Nah. I remember thinking, "Oh, this is why invisible war went downhill. Everyone wasn't working together, or was going off on wild tangents with stupid jokes."

xsamitt
16th Mar 2010, 16:56
Nah. I remember thinking, "Oh, this is why invisible war went downhill. Everyone wasn't working together, or was going off on wild tangents with stupid jokes."

On second thought never mind.I may be wrong.

flib
8th Sep 2011, 11:40

So, you never know... Eidos Montreal may wish to carry on this tradition and will perhaps read this thread! :eek: :D

Also, how would you like to see this level unlocked? Another certain action within the game? Just by finishing the game? Gathering clues to decipher a code?

This should be an interesting discussion! Bring it on.... :thumbsup:

I'm guessing this never happened?

spoiler for end of game:Unless the little easter egg after the credits counts

imported_BoB_
8th Sep 2011, 15:39
There is a special cows ending. You have to only kill people with a fridge :D

(or not)

auric
8th Sep 2011, 21:02
There is a special cows ending. You have to only kill people with a fridge :D

(or not)

Death by Vending Machine

IdiotInAJeep
9th Sep 2011, 04:36
Death by Vending Machine

How pointlessly tragic.

Setero
9th Sep 2011, 05:32
I can just imagine Adam giving an ending monologue about how we don't need to debate philosophical matters when we could just party instead while stock footage of discos and raves play. It would be so perfect with his gravelly voice.

w.munoz17
3rd Jan 2012, 18:51
Hi this is Munoz.
I like your idea and it is quite interesting. Sometimes whenever i am free then i am use this.

Thyankyou