PDA

View Full Version : 6:31am

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 09:56
I'm sitting here with yet another friendly mod reminder to stay on topic, and wondering -- what IS there to talk about DX3?

These threads are going off-topic so much as the glue that binds talking about DX3 becomes unglued by the 10th post. Then we pick up the threads, as we're here, to pick apart prior posts.

We've talked about DX and what we know of DX3 until we've covered about everything that could be talked about.

It's hard to keep interest when I'm searching elsewhere to chitchat about the DX universe, since that's where the "action" is still at. No new news about DX3 as they're being so tight lipped at Eidos/Montreal, that if they were in charge of the atom bomb research in WWII, the Soviets wouldn't never got the plans! Nothing to talk about leaves little to post about, other than the above.

How about striking a balance??

Rene, we need SOMETHING to talk about as the survivors on the lifeboat are running out of more than food and water! Seriously, we can only trade jokes and fight about encryption and what not for only so long.

DXeXodus
25th Jul 2008, 10:20
At least your moderators are giving you friendly reminders.

The developers have their own intentions and time frames and you will be given information when it is ready. If they release information before it is finalised for the game then there is a strong chance that it may change and then disappoint the you.

Try and be patient in this regard. Complaining perpetually only makes matters worse Scadvid. I too would love some new information regarding DX3, but at the same time I don't want to put any more pressure on the devs right now. The time will come when we will have much to speak of in these forums.

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 12:10
At least your moderators are giving you friendly reminders.

The point is there's a drought of something to talk about.

Without some rain, there's nothing left but hardpan.

If hardpan is all that's left...well...you get 1001 off-topic discussions.

It's a bad cycle.

Psychopomp
25th Jul 2008, 12:37
*Is reminded of the Dragon Age forums before E3*

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 13:17
*Is reminded of the Dragon Age forums before E3*

Drought too?

René
25th Jul 2008, 13:24
You're right. There is no new DX3 information out there and other topics have been beaten to death. What we do know is that an official DevBlog is in the works and at that point, information will start coming.

You might not want to hear it, but Eidos has plan. And they will not deviate from this plan. If it means a lack of news for a certain amount of months, then so be it. I know this point can be argued from various angles, but this is the decision that's been made. You can check out an industry veteran's opinion on this topic here (http://www.bruceongames.com/2008/07/23/managing-news-flow/) and another similar view here (http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=844).

I know one of the main arguments one can make about this is that all we've released is a single piece of concept art and you want something more. I understand this and will see what can be done. But be warned: any new content released in the short term at the behest of a small group of forum members will not be a huge and amazing announcement...it'll likely be another piece of concept art if anything at all because it probably won't happen.

I would guess that most peope would prefer to be pleasantly surprised when playing Deus Ex 3 rather than being beaten over the head with hype in the months leading up to release. And since that release is, at a minimum, more than a year away, we have a long way to go. Do you really want a Splinter Cell: Conviction scenario (http://www.destructoid.com/new-splinter-cell-game-coming-out-eventually-just-not-any-time-soon-96757.phtml)?

Ok so you can argue, "Why release a teaser last November and have this message board?" Well the message board is currently the only official Deus Ex 3 site (next to www.deusex3.com) out there until the blog launches. The devs wanted to give people a formal place to hang out and talk. As to the teaser, don't forget that Eidos Montréal is a brand new studio and Deus Ex 3 is our very first game so we needed to get the word out that we exist and something special is coming.

So where does that leave us? Deus Ex 3 is more than a year away from launching, the blog about two months away, and there's a formal marketing plan behind what gets released and when. You want more now, I'm saying it probably won't happen. Do we get divorced and argue over the kids' visitation rights or do we live happily ever after with the kids, a puppy, and a house with a white picket fence?

You want something to talk about? Let me share some links:

-Our official Facebook group (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=74614). Community vets Jordan and GlobalNode have set up this group with all of the DX3 content released thus far, DX3 team members have joined it, and even Warren Spector and Harvey Smith.
-Warren Spector's blog (http://junctionpoint.wordpress.com/). He might not be working on DX3, but he's still an industry leader and has some great things to say.
-Deus Ex Bible at Gamespy (http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/april02/dxbible/). Yes this is old, but there's probably a lot of people who haven't seen it and it contains tonnes of juicy information on DX1.
-Remember how in DX1 JC had a kill switch? Well that stuff is real (http://spectrum.ieee.org/may08/6171). And the holograms? That's real too (http://www.musion.co.uk/Cisco_TelePresence.html).
-Deus Ex 1 walkthrough at Old Man Murray (http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/84.html). For you Internet old-timers, a hilarious look at completing the first mission in DX1.
-Nike football campaign (http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikefootball/en__EMEA/index.html). Known as Soccer in North America, this isn't really related to anything but I think it's darn cool.

Let me re-read my post...ok it doesn't look like you were able to squeeze me for information...I don't see any leaks. Let me ask the community: What are some other good sites we can visit on a daily basis?

pHdeus
25th Jul 2008, 13:39
If Deus EX is worth fuss and the time to play it, there should be something to take out into the world. In other words, while we are waiting for Deus EX 3, what can continue go grow are the highest asperations expressed in Deus EX 1.

For me one asperation is that it is worth fighting for a future that is beyond the present possibility, even if what can be achieved is not as great as what can be envisioned.

I am here to strongly request that Eidos to see the possibility that Deus EX is, is more than a game.

...Or perhaps I am wrong and Deus Ex 1 was just a game. :o

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 13:42
The thing is I can understand, truly, things need to be under wraps. It's the surprise of it all that counts in the end. Last thing I want is more sickly sweet hype -- the type I see too much on game sites now. Where fans are pitted against fans.

But we need something to chew on for the love of the game. Not only here, everywhere else where games are talked about.

!!EIDOS DON'T PULL THIS NO-HYPE TO THE EXTENT OF THE NO GAMES ON THE STORE SHELVES WHICH IS YOUR HISTORY. THAT'S GOING TOO FAR. IT DIDN'T WORK THEN, AND IT'S NOT HELPING NOW!!

...phew!...

The teaser was a mixed blessing as it was a nice blend of the old and new (so happy, I kept replaying it!). Yet fans tore even into it for clues (so much it was rereleased with removed content!), and even THAT was analysed to death.

Then came the concept art.

And now the drought.

We're thirsty (waves a water bottle).

Psychopomp
25th Jul 2008, 15:12
Drought too?

Well, the mod's would get on us about getting off topic, so we would go back to pestering the dev's for info, they'd cave in, that'd last us a week or so before the cycle repeats.

It still works that way, but they cave in much more often now :D

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 15:36
Well, the mod's would get on us about getting off topic, so we would go back to pestering the dev's for info, they'd cave in, that'd last us a week or so before the cycle repeats.

It still works that way, but they cave in much more often now :D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

That's the thing about fandom. The fans do get hungry, and start growling when the food bowl is empty. :D

What I love to know more about is the quality control and set design. That part of game development fascinates me to no end (the QC side I blame Specter on since he talks so much about it!). Taking a blank screen and filling it so interiors look lived in. In DX it was lacking, but I'm finding more and more newer AAA games really filling in the spaces, not only with stuff, but even accent lighting (are there interior designers employed even??). Thought by adding maybe 3 point lighting would create the "mood" for a room, but after dissecting what the pros did with unlocked sets (like in the F.E.A.R. 1.8 SDK), it's much more complicated than that. What I thought was just a sidelight, turned out to be much more. The lighting in these games are a mindbender of more than degrees of reflected light.

So now when I play a game and go into a room, I just don't "see" the lamp and overhead light, I'm searching for the backlighting sources, too. It's like the rooms glow, not just radiate. It really sets the mod levels and pro levels apart (and hopefully more modders will pay attention to those minute details, as they are noticeable when absent).

Ack, get carried away with this stuff. :o

Tsumaru
25th Jul 2008, 15:39
For some bizarre reason, I agree with Scadvid here. The problem isn't just a lack of new content - it's that you expect us to stay "on topic" when we don't have any topics anymore. The prequel vs sequel debate has beaten the horse to death, and then turned the corpse to mush. Universal ammo is universally disliked (and even if it weren't - again, it's just been discussed TOO much). There is nothing to talk about anymore. If you insist that we remain on-topic, but also don't give us anything new to talk about, the entire forum will just completely die. I'm not gonna demand content - but you have to reach some compromise. I reported a post a few weeks back where people just started posting rickroll-style youtube videos. I was told by a mod that jokes are fine and they can't just delete all humour. I don't know what's more off-topic than saying "Check out this interview" and rickrolling people, but apparently this was fine. And this was back when there was still some interesting topics going on. Now we've gotten to a point where all the topics have pretty much ended, and all off-topic posts are being stopped. It just isn't going to work.

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 15:51
DX universe is so unique in itself, it's hard to draw in other content to fill in the dead space. What game is anything like DX? There's some, but they're just not the same. Then we're be really off-topic as we discuss other titles (and I'm sure you guys are sick to death of F.E.A.R. by now too!).

I can drag in some conspiracy stuff as a fill in, but even DX conspiracies aren't like that, they even, second handily, came true (the WTC terrorist destruction, and even what became of FEMA). Not your tin-foil type stuff.

Hopefully we'll get something to gnaw on, instead of our nerves. :o

jcp28
25th Jul 2008, 17:18
^

Yeah. I mean, I can think of few near-future type games like DX that clearly had aspects of a cyberpunk setting but yet felt fairly close to home. Just take the mention of terrorist groups near the beginning for instance. When I first played DX, it had been a little under 2 years since the 9/11 attacks occurred. Which meant that I felt real eager to kill some terrorist scum who I thought were going to blackmail the government with Ambrosia and then spread the plague anyway to further their own ends. I was shocked when confronted with the possibility of the opposite, and shot Lebedev because i thought he was being a manipulative sonofa***** instead of telling the truth. Man, was I ever wrong.

But besides all that, there was this high relation to uncertain times and the possibility of deadly diseases breaking out in the game that reminded me of our feuding politicians and fears of bird flu(which hasn't come yet, I might add:rolleyes: )

Blade Runner was a good movie, but the technology was rather too advanced for me to believe I was "right there". DX did not have that problem, beyond different looking computers and security bots that seemed like they fit their purpose. But none of that really detracted from the near-future feel.

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 17:34
Near-future is the key.

It's what made DX:IW feel so distant. Pushing time forward gives developers more elbow room for "new stuff", yet we lose that feel of what can occur in 10 years. It's no longer cyberpunk, it becomes Star Trek.

That's one of my fears about DX3, it will become too much sci-fantasy, than what science can be in a decade (what we know of it).

I can see the Underworld bar and the 'Ton hotel in 10 years as seen in DX, even the 101 trash cans and plastic bags. I can't see a world in 2050 like in DX:IW -- too, too, sterile.

I've been looking at DVDs again (I got to curtail my spending, truly!), and my favorite movie of all time has been 2001: A Space Odyssey. As futuristic Kubrick et al made that film, it felt like it could be real. Yeah, the "M" chairs and style wasn't the 2001 unplugged look, and short of Ma Bell being split and Pam Am being no more, it's believeable view of the future. I'm still amazed at the cinemagraphics of that movie, made even before man landed on the Moon. It looks timeless.

That's what I see in DX. Yes, the textures need updating and the 3D models, but the scene is 2025ish.

Near-future can make it so.

iWait
25th Jul 2008, 19:09
2001:A Space Odyssey was great, though the acid-trip ending was a bit off-character for the film.

This (if you haven't seen it yet) should keep you amused for awhile:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1aNcd5cLm4

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 19:26
That ending I didn't understand as a kid, but now know that was everything Bowman was compressed into data (thus, that acid trip like journey. How would you depict your analog life digitally?).

Bowman died a man, but was born as pure data.

Something that Hawkings finally admits can escape black holes, too.

How did Arthur C. Clarke predict that? ;)

iWait
25th Jul 2008, 19:38
Because he went to Sunday School with Xenu, who had stolen Tom Baker's TARDIS.

pHdeus
25th Jul 2008, 19:52
It is probably in everyones interest that Deus Ex 3 take the least time for the "desired" result.

I am glad that Eidos let everyone know that they were working on it. I do not see any hype. For me the video said simply, "Deus Ex 3 is going to be produced - no kidding!"

Was the video released too soon? I suppose you could say that. But for this forum to have had any impact on the development, it is actually better that Eidos was not too far along in the creative and technical design.

I am glad to have had a voice, whether heard or not, and to know that there is a community of people who took Deus Ex 1 seriously, not just me.

I have not expected us (this forum) to "change the course" of Eidos' development. The poential for me was always that we could create a bigger "context" for their work, as creating something that would be bigger than could be described by an acronym such as RPG.

And to remind Eidos that Deus Ex 1 remains "a hard act to follow".

If Eidos takes a long time, hopefully it is because they are aiming high. If they miss their announced release date by 6 months, I may be very pleased.:o

Kevyne-Shandris
25th Jul 2008, 20:10
Give the guy a kewpie doll for one line quips!

But I had a laugh when I thought about sitting in Arthur Clarke's office/reception in Colombo. I wanted very much to bring to him some important, not-yet-known scientific development. Something that would surprise and delight him. So when he asked, "Well, what's new in Astronomy?" I pounced.

"There are extremely high-energy cosmic rays, gamma rays and X-rays coming from the center of the Local Supercluster!" I paused to let it sink in and prepared to issue the astonishing and exciting explanation.

"Oh, yes," he waved his hand airily:"...matter creation."

I sat there with my mouth open while he went on happily to other subjects. It has slowly percolated through to me since then that there is a world of difference between the imagination of a good science fiction writer and the average professional scientist.

-- Halton Arp, "Seeing Red: Redshifts, Cosmology and Academic Science", 1998

Lady_Of_The_Vine
25th Jul 2008, 21:50
Sure, we all want MORE than we presently have... but, as already suggested, it is better for Eidos not to have to rush development or to give us false hints or promises... just to keep us "quenched". I mean, seriously, we are not REALLY thirsty, are we?! Only a lil' exaggeration... We'll survive to live another day. :)

I would suggest that if anyone is kind of bored with the Deus Ex 3 inactivity here, they take a little holiday from the forum and return on a weekly or monthly basis, rather than on a daily basis. ;)
That's what I've been doing and it works fine for me! "Oooooh, a new thread to read right here..." :p :D

Cr4sh
25th Jul 2008, 22:48
I fully agree, MS Denton!

I'm rather glad if DX3 takes its time. I've seen what crap can be made of a good game series if the producer don't take themselves enough time 8or don't have thanks to a cruel publisher - like jowood and prianha bytes working on Gothic 3 - but this is another story)

I also don't want to hype that game, because every game I personally hyped for did not at all reach my expections.

So in the end, I only can say: PLEASE, TAKE THE TIME YOU NEED, EIDOS MONTREAL!!!

Blade_hunter
25th Jul 2008, 23:24
I have to agree with you, I prefer the dev's take time to make a great game than make a cheap game in a low amount of time. I don't want a DX 2, I don't want a Snowblind game.
I hope they prepare a better game than DX 1.
DX 1 is great, and if they expand each DX parts and correct it's own defaults, DX 3 will be a better game

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 05:35
Sure, we all want MORE than we presently have... but, as already suggested, it is better for Eidos not to have to rush development or to give us false hints or promises...

Huh?

If a game has a fan base, and the fan base wants to talk about the game but has talked everything publicly available -- and we're now nitpicking since that's all that's left -- it's time for some influx of news.

It's better that Eidos supplies the news than wild speculation to fill it's place, which can happen when fans are left to their own devices.

Unlike other game forums that has huge traffic and where the devs could literally hide, this community is s-m-a-l-l. It's really noticeable when news is absent. Compound it with the uniqueness of DX (it's hard to find related topics to post), the drought of content is severe.

Basic Forum Management 101: forums operate on content (not off-topic discussions), it needs a steady flow of this content, or it dies (members lose interest, few are willing to read or post. A forum tries to get that 1 in 10 posting level to exist, and possibly break the odds of 2+ in 10 posting/reading ratio to live). If a forum doesn't have that ratio, it becomes the Mojave desert.

It's the news that is the glue that keeps a forum alive. It's the glue that keeps a community together (for we're not here for our health).

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 12:36
I'm not here to argue against your own personal reasons for being on this forum. I can only explain my own reasons for being here. :)

I'm here in 'readiness', if you like, for the release of Deus Ex 3 and to offer my interest and support to Eidos Montreal for taking on this game. If they didn't choose to take it on... this forum would not exist. Fact. :p

Therefore, I am more than happy to take my place in the waiting queue with other Deus Ex fans. I have absolutely no wish to join some sort of 'protest march' and voice any complaints regarding the lack of news on the game. I didn't really expect any in the first place. The only thing I expected from this forum is "discussion". If news is given to us, that's an official 'cookie treat' we will all enjoy nibbling on. If not, there is no loss.

In my opinion, the glue that keeps this community together and alive is "common interest". That is a positive thing and hence I have no interest myself in supporting any complaints of a needless nature.

Hope that explains where I'm coming from now and your 'Huh?' comment now addressed. ;)

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 12:46
I said, "Huh?" because what you were addressing had zero to do with what I was posting about. And still doesn't.

If you are here to "discuss" things, well it seems the well is dry, since there's little for even you to "discuss" (except this nitpicking).

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 12:58
I said, "Huh?" because what you were addressing had zero to do with what I was posting about. And still doesn't.

If you are here to "discuss" things, well it seems the well is dry, since there's little for even you to "discuss" (except this nitpicking).

My reply is zero to do with what you are posting about? :confused:

Your initial post stated these main points:

...what IS there to talk about DX3?

...We've talked about DX and what we know of DX3 until we've covered about everything that could be talked about.

...It's hard to keep interest when I'm searching elsewhere to chitchat about the DX universe, since that's where the "action" is still at. No new news about DX3 as they're being so tight lipped at Eidos/Montreal...

...How about striking a balance??

...Rene, we need SOMETHING to talk about as the survivors on the lifeboat are running out of more than food and water! Seriously, we can only trade jokes and fight about encryption and what not for only so long.

From that, I understand that you wish to voice complaint regarding the lack of news to keep this forum alive with relevant discussion, correct? Or not? Other members seem to have the same conclusion as I.

Perhaps you could explain again what the point of this thread is then, thank you. I don't wish to misunderstand. :)

Yes, I'm here to share in discussion. Just because there is no further hard, factual, official news on the game doesn't mean we can't enjoy discussion. Its been happening so far, just fine.
It would just be a shame to have the forum fill up with threads like this one. ;)

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 13:10
Here read what you said, dear...

Sure, we all want MORE than we presently have... but, as already suggested, it is better for Eidos not to have to rush development or to give us false hints or promises...

Ah, mentioned nothing about "rushing development", let alone wanting "false hints or promises". I'm searching for OFFICIAL NEWS.

Get it?

Not your opinion.

Official news, as we've said about all that can be said about DX3 as we know it. If we go further, we'll be in speculation territory, and that is more dangerous (as that's rumors and worse [expectations getting too high]).

If you like to come here just every week or once a month that's your option. But I'm a fan's fan, and keep this forum warm so you have something to return too.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 13:22
Here read what you said, dear...

Ah, mentioned nothing about "rushing development", let alone wanting "false hints or promises". I'm searching for OFFICIAL NEWS.
Get it?
Not your opinion.

Official news, as we've said about all that can be said about DX3 as we know it. If we go further, we'll be in speculation territory, and that is more dangerous (as that's rumors and worse [expectations getting too high]).

If you like to come here just every week or once a month that's your option. But I'm a fan's fan, and keep this forum warm so you have something to return too.

ScadVid, you make me laugh with your constant "..dear" salutations! :lmao:
But, hey, I'm glad you love me so much, hehe. :p

Yes, but in that particular sentence I was actually addressing not just what you said but all the comments from other members in this thread too.

Speculation on a discussion forum is fun and quite harmless really, I don't think Eidos would be worried about that otherwise they would not have created this forum in the first place. ;)

Yes, I am happy to visit this forum as often as I choose, while I wait for "official" news and hints. Thank you for the permission to do so.

I'm a fan's fan too, but I also appreciate the fact that many people here create interesting threads to discuss and share points of view - factual (officially) based... or otherwise. Me included, hehe!
Goodness, it isn't like you are the only one 'keeping this forum warm', lmao. :D

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 14:06
Speculation is what EIDOS is trying to avoid, thus the clamp down on news.

They don't want it over hyped (and with DX3, it's understandable). But the complete news blackout is too much.

Have to balance the need to know, with crowd control.

New EIDOS management; new dev team; new, new, new. Which means they need a heads up from the trenches -- it's been a couple months since we heard anything official (and yes, that's a long time for a AAA publisher to say anything about a title).

This is example of the news on DX3...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/deusex3/index.html?tag=tabs;summary

Last story was in April, with things like this...

In addition to gobbling up a larger stake in the company, Time Warner will enter into a North American distribution agreement with SCi under its Warner Bros. Home Entertainment label. As part of the deal, Warner Bros. will distribute SCi and Eidos boxed products in North America, as well as provide other creative, publicity, marketing, and sales services.

"I want more distribution muscle in North America," SCi CEO Phil Rogers told Reuters. "Boxed products. Retail relationships. It's a distribution drive, to grow top-line revenues. We won't give targets, it's too granular, but the US should be 50 percent of my revenues and it's not now."

ABOUT TIME!!

Now look at the competition with Project Origin (also a Warner Bros production)...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/fear2/index.html?tag=result;title;0

It's not that the info isn't available, it's they got their orders to keep quiet. But they're being a tad TOO quiet.

And in two months this forum would be a ghost town before a blog is ready (which may still have a news blackout, and be more about the Eidos Montreal facility and devs themselves).

So, there's a need for some copy TO report, and gnaw on.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 14:58
LOL, ScadVid, you need a hug. :)

I doubt this forum will become a "ghost-town" as you think, so don't worry.

We will see a regular flow of new members joining up from now until final release date; as well as continual visits from existing members.
I mean, you are still here, huh? You are surely not contemplating leaving us? :eek:

:D

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 15:10
It's already a ghost town!

The issue isn't new members, it's keeping that 1+ in 10 posting ratio. A site can have 500,000 members, but if only 50 ever post it's d-e-a-d.

And folks post when there's something interesting to talk about.

Not picking navel lint! :lol:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 15:33
LOL, it isn't a ghost-town already! :D

I'm browsing the board and I can see plenty of interesting threads to comment in. Don't you see them too? :p
So, I think it is fair to conclude, without any difficulty, that folk are posting in here. Yes indeed. :cool:

So...forgive me, but I forgot. What exactly was the point of this thread again? :confused:
LOL. :D

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 15:52
It's ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Nitpicking threads 2/3/7/14 days old gets old. It's already said, and said, and resaid for the nth time!

Jordan brought some action, yet it's not DX3 itself (unless he snuck some photos).

<perk>

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 16:08
It's ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Nitpicking threads 2/3/7/14 days old gets old. It's already said, and said, and resaid for the nth time!

Jordan brought some action, yet it's not DX3 itself (unless he snuck some photos).

<perk>

Good, I'm glad you agree that your own thread is kind of dull and sleep-inducing, hehe! :p
Maybe the Mods can lock it now. Wooooot! :cool:

Yup, exactly. Jordan has brought some more action... despite your grim prophesy of doom and gloom for these boards, hehe! ;)
I'm sure there will be more to come in due course, from Jordan and others. :)

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 16:25
Good, I'm glad you agree that your own thread is kind of dull and sleep-inducing, hehe! :p
Maybe the Mods can lock it now. Wooooot! :cool:

Yup, exactly. Jordan has brought some more action... despite your grim prophesy of doom and gloom for these boards, hehe! ;)
I'm sure there will be more to come in due course, from Jordan and others. :)

What the hell is with you? Seriously?

Think that cookie has gotten to your head.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 17:50
LMAO, there is nothing wrong with me. Seriously.
Just having some light-hearted fun. Sorry you don't find this thread as funny as I do. :D

Cookie gone to my head? On the contrary, it went in my tummy. Yummy! :p

But, anyway, what the heck has my choc-chip cookie got to do with anything anyway, lol. Are you jealous because you don't have one, hehe? ;)
No worries, you are welcome to nibble on mine. I like to share. :D

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 17:56
Yep, the cookie fried some brain cells!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 18:21
LOL, didn't you suggest at one point that you were keeping this forum 'warm'? :)
Warm, cosy and a pleasant and friendly place to be?
Good for you. ;)

Haha! So what are you saying exactly, Scadvid?
That an innocent choc-chip cookie is somehow bad for my health? :confused:
Perhaps Rene had better explain, lol. Or you can... :D

EDIT
Oh, and I really do hope the mods lock this thread soon.
Judging by your silly little derogative comments about cookies and brain cells, this has gone way off topic now, lmao. :D
A real shame you are not able to express yourself in a more intelligent and mature manner.

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 18:45
Keep at it, dear. I like seeing folks fall off the wagon, and being proud of it! :lol:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 19:17
LOL, there you go with your "... dear" thing again. :D

I'm flattered by the love you express to me, hehe. :p

Who has fallen off what wagon?
Who is proud of what?

I really don't understand anything you are saying now. :confused:
Mods, HELP!!! LMAO. :lol:

Oh well... off to read some more interesting threads. ;)

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 21:00
I call all folks who keep a-trolling, dears. :cool:

Now, I'll grab some popcorn, and await the soap opera (will it be an episode from "As the World Turns" or "General Hospital"...stay tuned!)?

Cr4sh
26th Jul 2008, 21:20
Hey, as you should know if you read my post in the 'who am I' thread, my favourite game is Gothic. So I looked in the forum today and saw... an art contest. Eidos could really do something á la "Who creates the coolest artwork of a DX3 rocket launcher will get a DX3 fanbox as soon as it's released, will be mentioned in the credits and the design will be modeled into DX3. The winner will be identified by a vote in this forum."

Okay, maybe you could relax some of the rewards ^^ (but it will be the same with a gothic 4 contest. no joke!), but this would make the forum more attractive and show the fans (us), that you really care about usnot just for the sake of our money for the new DX, but also for the sake of ensuring, that we will have fun with the game. How cool would it be having voted for a model of a weapon and then, when you finally play DX3, seeing that this weapon really did it into the game?

It also doesn't need to stay on weapon or char models. you could also give some borderlines to the protagonists lifestyle and let yourself be given some artwork about how the flat could look like. Many things are thinkeable!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 21:55
I call all folks who keep a-trolling, dears. :cool:

Now, I'll grab some popcorn, and await the soap opera (will it be an episode from "As the World Turns" or "General Hospital"...stay tuned!)?

Want some salt and vinegar for that chip on your shoulder? LOL :D

Yes, I have seen you resort to childish name-calling on many occasions.
Tell me, are you calling yourself a troll?
I mean, I assume you understand the standard definition: "a person who usually posts irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, often for the purpose of flaming."
That's definitely you, hehe. ;)

Lighten up a bit... you'll be much happier. :)

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 21:59
I eat vinegar and salt chips. :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 22:04
I eat vinegar and salt chips. :D

LOL, I'm absolutely sure that would be the case.. as "acrid" as it comes really, hehe. ;)

:lmao:

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 22:05
Hey, as you should know if you read my post in the 'who am I' thread, my favourite game is Gothic. So I looked in the forum today and saw... an art contest. Eidos could really do something á la "Who creates the coolest artwork of a DX3 rocket launcher will get a DX3 fanbox as soon as it's released, will be mentioned in the credits and the design will be modeled into DX3. The winner will be identified by a vote in this forum."

Okay, maybe you could relax some of the rewards ^^ (but it will be the same with a gothic 4 contest. no joke!), but this would make the forum more attractive and show the fans (us), that you really care about usnot just for the sake of our money for the new DX, but also for the sake of ensuring, that we will have fun with the game. How cool would it be having voted for a model of a weapon and then, when you finally play DX3, seeing that this weapon really did it into the game?

It also doesn't need to stay on weapon or char models. you could also give some borderlines to the protagonists lifestyle and let yourself be given some artwork about how the flat could look like. Many things are thinkeable!

They'll probably have a contest just before release. It's w-a-y too early for such contests now, as we wouldn't even have anything to work on -- we can't even get the DX3 news!!

[Puts out the barb wire for MissD] :cool:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 22:07
[Puts out the barb wire for MissD] :cool:

Hehe, you don't need barb wire for me. :)
If you chat intelligently to me, you will see that I am perfectly harmless. ;)

Now, sit back and relax... :cool:

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 22:15
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115624/

Yep, about right!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 22:22
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115624/

Yep, about right!

What's about right? LMAO. :D
Is this your fave movie recommendation? Ummm, what with your movie taste and your love for soap operas, I think I'll pass... :p

Just remember when you flame... "Don't Call Me Babe!", hehe. :rasp:

Kevyne-Shandris
26th Jul 2008, 22:26
Already called you that weeks ago. :p

Come to think about it, almost everything but some 4 letter words too! :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 22:40
Already called you that weeks ago. :p

Come to think about it, almost everything but some 4 letter words too! :D

Now, now... no need to tell porky-pies/lies!
You've never called me "Babe", hehe. Wishful thinking, huh? ;)

Still, if you are proud of the fact that you like to call people names (yeah, even kind of 'nice' ones) who am I to spoil your fun?
So, maybe I'll leave you in your own little world to get on with it...

Hopefully you can return on topic soon - back to what was the origiinal purpose of this thread before you got side-tracked into attacking me (again), haha. :D

Heck, this thread is already getting more posts than it deserves, lmao. :eek:
Disgraceful self-promotion tactics going on, Scadvid! :D

Tsumaru
27th Jul 2008, 00:35
I call all folks who keep a-trolling, dears.
LOL

Okay, dear, keep up the good work.

Kevyne-Shandris
27th Jul 2008, 11:01
For you it's, "ma'am". ****

jordan_a
27th Jul 2008, 14:16
Things might have been difficult recently for the fans (including me of course), but some really interesting stuff will come out soon. You just need to think of something else. ;)

jcp28
27th Jul 2008, 17:35
Wisely, I avoided commenting on the "little spat" this time around.

Kevyne-Shandris
27th Jul 2008, 19:02
Wisely, I avoided commenting on the "little spat" this time around.

Damn! Losing my touch! :p

DXeXodus
28th Jul 2008, 04:20
Yet another little spat between our ladies. I'm closing the thread. Please go and argue via Private mail or msn or something not here.