PDA

View Full Version : MISC. For match Feedback

Maverun
8th Jan 2014, 00:37
This is my first Feedback, please go easy on me :)
first of all, I really love this game even though i start play it today,
why?
1: I love vampire and kinda of middle age era
2: Alway want to fight as vampire or Human ( I know there is tons of game out that kinda related to this but, this is my first time playing this type of game)
3: When round over, you will switch side which is awesome things
4: It is pretty fun

What to improvement?:
As far as i know, it is in Alpha, but as we know waiting for match take forever to wait since it is Alpha not many million people can download, only choose people that Nosgoth pick, so why not make match have like 1vs1 or 2vs2 so on untill 4x4, or as you can, since this way, player can chooice what type of match they want. One things i know is, 1vs1 won't be easily, since human can't handle it himself since he can die quickly *i may be wrong*
It is good game, have a lot potential. Do your best.

I only played one match so far, but will play more so i might be wrong with ^^ i wrote so please forgive me!
Plus please forgive my spell and grammar i am not so frond of my English :scratch:

lucinvampire
8th Jan 2014, 09:44
Welcome :D

I think the player numbers 4x4 was said to be something to do with best matching/playability. I can see their logic after playing a while – don’t think 1v1 would work or even 2v2 but 3v3 might – that could be good :D

The waiting time is due to the lack of testers/people online at the time. If you are searching in the New Recruit area sometimes this can take ages to find people – if this is maybe hop over to the main area (though it is very hard against some of the extremely skilled players).

Hope to see you in game soon :D

Maverun
9th Jan 2014, 22:32
Yeah i know that 1vs1 or 2vs2 is going to be hardcore, but at least 3x3 is min,

yes you are right about lack tester, people online,
Hope to see you in game too

i just remember somthing, this is somthing that Nosgoth up to this
I play Gun of Icarus 5 week ago or so, Match system was not so bad, you use AI if there is no player online, you join match, with AI, if player join, it will replace with AI. once again, it is all up to Nosgoth team. Looking forward to future of this

cmstache
9th Jan 2014, 22:53
AI won't work in this game.

Psyonix_Corey
9th Jan 2014, 23:10
AI is a complex subject.

We've experimented with AI bots in the past but there's a lot of mitigating factors:
- It takes a lot of time to do AI well, especially in a game this complex (compare to a more standard shooter bot whose sole job is to run and shoot). We've had to prioritize other features over AI work.
- The last thing we want is for you to end up with an AI teammate that feels like a detriment. It would suck to lose a match because your bot teammate ran into danger. Some players will actually prefer no teammate over a bot teammate, particularly at higher skill levels.
- Bots aren't free. They create CPU load on the servers, and that makes Nosgoth more expensive to operate in the long term.

I'd love to, at the least, have a Players vs. AI mode where you can matchmake or play with friends against AI to learn the ropes, try strategies, or just play in a lower stress environment. But there are so many other priorities that we can't promise any timelines for supporting that kind of setup.

Kuro1n
9th Jan 2014, 23:21
Please scrap the bots for waaaaaaaaaaaay way later... if at all, bots aren't what will keep people in this game anyway.

Maverun
10th Jan 2014, 01:11
I see, i never knew that They create CPU load on server! As i mention it, it is all up to Nosgoth's Team! Keep it up! I am looking forward!

Maverun
10th Jan 2014, 02:32
Not sure if i should make tread for this bug/ issue.
in lobby, when i shift+tab, as you all know will lead to steam to do something, such as checking your friend, or talk them, etc. when i close shift+tab, i couldn't talk to people in lobby, it random happen. Any related?

Maverun
10th Jan 2014, 02:44
Not sure if i should make tread for this bug/ issue.
in lobby, when i shift+tab, as you all know will lead to steam to do something, such as checking your friend, or talk them, etc. when i close shift+tab, i couldn't talk to people in lobby, it random happen. Any related?

*Delete this one please* i didn't realized i double post of same one, sorry!

cmstache
10th Jan 2014, 03:16
Make sure you close all chat windows in the steam client, they take priority sometimes. You'll be able to type again afterwards.

Maverun
11th Jan 2014, 23:52
Yeah,
when i did it, it work
but other time, i close all window even chat and so on, still didnt work,
as if it was 50/50