PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Romeo and DXeXodus!

René
22nd Jul 2008, 13:42
Hi everyone,

Please welcome Romeo and DXeXodus to the DX3 Moderator family. They've promised the awesome power and responsibility won't go to their heads. :) Between the three of us, we cover a vast array of time zones (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77919) so this should work out well!

Welcome!

Red
22nd Jul 2008, 14:07
Nice. You be fair, we be fair, we all friends. Yes? :D

Blade_hunter
22nd Jul 2008, 14:18
Cool I'm glad for them :)

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Jul 2008, 14:55
Congratulations Romeo and DXeXodus!!! :thumbsup:

I'm sure you will do a good job keeping all us naughty members in line, hehe. :p

jordan_a
22nd Jul 2008, 15:16
Bienvenue les amis! (this game being made in Québec, french is required on the forum :D ).

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Jul 2008, 15:19
Oui, bien sûr! :D :cool:

Tracer Tong
22nd Jul 2008, 15:35
Congrats!:D

jcp28
22nd Jul 2008, 15:54
Congrats, *****s! Not like I should care, but how did you guys become mods anyway?

René
22nd Jul 2008, 16:28
Congrats, *****s! Not like I should care, but how did you guys become mods anyway?

Bribery.

They somehow found out I like Count Chocula cereal and when a pallate full showed up at the door, I couldn't refuse.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000FIMVUE.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

HouseOfPain
22nd Jul 2008, 17:53
Good thing DXeXodus and I are on good terms, perhaps I could bribe him with Poptarts?

chip5541
22nd Jul 2008, 19:43
Congrats!!! Now no more me ticking people off :D

gh0s7
22nd Jul 2008, 20:15
Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Blade_hunter
22nd Jul 2008, 21:06
LOL, on peut parler français ici ? :D
No, just jocking ^^

Lady_Of_The_Vine
22nd Jul 2008, 23:00
Bribery.

They somehow found out I like Count Chocula cereal and when a pallate full showed up at the door, I couldn't refuse.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000FIMVUE.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

Damn. :mad2:
If I had known, I would have sent you three pallets of yummy Count Cocula cereal as a moderator bribe!!! :p

Your loss, hehe! :rasp:
Though should you ever have to fire Romeo or DXeXodus (:whistle: ) and need a replacement, my offer will remain open. Ssshh... ;)

SemiAnonymous
23rd Jul 2008, 00:50
I say we test their skills. Lets start up some spam threads!
Nah, I kid. Congrats!

DXeXodus
23rd Jul 2008, 04:01
Thank you to all my DX3 forum friends that supported me through this harsh transition. lol. The people over at Eidos are rather strict in terms of their mod preparation process. Lets just say there were large containment pods and lots of greasel's.

Anyway, as Red has already mentioned... You be nice, and we be nice. Lets all just be civilised and talk about that which we love, Deus Ex/3.

DX

Romeo
23rd Jul 2008, 07:45
Est-ce que le francais est vraiment essential dans ces forums?

Oh, and as pathetic as this sounds: I'm a Moderator because I live near where René used to live. lol

DXeXodus
23rd Jul 2008, 08:04
Oh, and as pathetic as this sounds: I'm a Moderator because I live near where René used to live. lol

And I on the other hand, live far away from you :)

Romeo
23rd Jul 2008, 08:07
So there you have it folks: The only two ways to become moderators is to live close to, or far away from, the original mods. Nearly impossible, you may say, but don't give up! Try these three easy ideas:

1) Move.

2) Scream out where you live.

3) Leave a bowl of Count Chocolate at René's door.

And if we were picked because of the difference in time zones, how are we both on? What time is it there?

J.CDenton
23rd Jul 2008, 08:44
Allez les Caribous, faites règner la terreur Canadienne! La France vous soutiendra! :D

Congrats for being elected. ;)

Romeo
23rd Jul 2008, 08:45
Merci. =)

DXeXodus
23rd Jul 2008, 08:59
The time here in Cape Town is about 11:45am.

Or, seeing as we are speaking different languages now:

Die tyd hier in Kaapstad is omtrent 11:45am. (That's afrikaans by the way, not dutch)

Romeo
23rd Jul 2008, 09:02
Damn, doesn't the majority of Africa speak French? And wow, 11:45am must be nice. It's near 3:00am here, I'm ready to pass out. lol

DXeXodus
23rd Jul 2008, 09:14
Damn, doesn't the majority of Africa speak French? And wow, 11:45am must be nice. It's near 3:00am here, I'm ready to pass out. lol

Alot of African countries do speak French, but it is not one of our languages here in South Africa because we are special :)

We have 11 official languages including:

- English
- Afrikaans (My second language)

--------------v Native South African languages v

- Xhosa (pronounced Koh - zah) (My third language)
- Zulu
- Venda
- etc, etc...

English is really our primary language. And our secondary language was mainly afrikaans, but now it is increasingly leaning more towards native languages like xhosa since the fall of apartheid in 1994.

Romeo
23rd Jul 2008, 09:22
Nifty. I also like your country for it's cars, more specifically, it's kit cars. =P

Tsumaru
23rd Jul 2008, 13:03
Stop spamming and going off-topic, guys. Where are some bloody mods when you need them?

EDIT:
I am reporting Romeo's and DXeXodus' posts as being in violation of Rule #7 of the Eidos Forum Rules. THE MODS HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED, YOU ARE BOTH DOOOOMMEED!!!

Romeo
23rd Jul 2008, 14:25
You might as well report the other ten in French, so we can take out half the community in one fell swoop, saving time. :rolleyes:

Lady_Of_The_Vine
23rd Jul 2008, 14:27
Stop spamming and going off-topic, guys. Where are some bloody mods when you need them?

EDIT:
I am reporting Romeo's and DXeXodus' posts as being in violation of Rule #7 of the Eidos Forum Rules. THE MODS HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED, YOU ARE BOTH DOOOOMMEED!!!

LMAO! :lmao:

jordan_a
23rd Jul 2008, 14:28
Est-ce que le francais est vraiment essential dans ces forums?
Essential here and in life... :D

I knew it but kept my mouth shut!!!! :whistle:

Tsumaru
23rd Jul 2008, 22:59
You might as well report the other ten in French, so we can take out half the community in one fell swoop, saving time. :rolleyes:

Thankyou for informing me of this injustice, I shall have the entirety of these violators eliminated within the hour!

rhalibus
23rd Jul 2008, 23:43
This whole thread's really weird...:)

Welcome, you guys. This forum has been one of the most interesting and well put-together forums I've ever participated in--I'm sure when more DX3 info comes to light we'll see even more great dialogue from everyone.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
26th Jul 2008, 13:40
^
I second that. :thumbsup: :cool:

Xcom
27th Jul 2008, 14:40
Welcome... and enjoy. Heheh...:D

DXeXodus
28th Jul 2008, 04:31
Welcome... and enjoy. Heheh...:D

Sarcasm much? :D
It has been an interesting ride thus far. Some of the fans are getting restless, but don't worry, we're police after all so we'll stick to the riot prod

iWait
28th Jul 2008, 04:49
Don't taze me bro!

Romeo
6th Aug 2008, 23:29
Hey man, I'm from Vancouver, so I probably can't taze you without being written up and thrown in jail longer than most anyways... lol

drummindog
12th Aug 2008, 00:37
Hi everyone,

Please welcome Romeo and DXeXodus to the DX3 Moderator family. They've promised the awesome power and responsibility won't go to their heads. :) Between the three of us, we cover a vast array of time zones (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=77919) so this should work out well!

Welcome!

Welcome guys!!

More moderators must mean that people are getting out of hand, no?

jcp28
12th Aug 2008, 01:01
There was this one guy in particular who was causing trouble about 7 weeks back, but there were a few other "trolls" at the time as well. I'm not sure, but I think that was the origin of the decision to make these 2 mods.

DXeXodus
12th Aug 2008, 03:43
There was this one guy in particular who was causing trouble about 7 weeks back, but there were a few other "trolls" at the time as well. I'm not sure, but I think that was the origin of the decision to make these 2 mods.

We had a bad few weeks a short while back with some members and that was one of the reasons. Another reason was that René was the only exclusive DX3 moderator and he needed some backup to keep things in check on a forum that was starting to get slightly out of control. We still have our share of abrasive members that don't appreciate the fact that other members have their own opinions which are, more often than not, valid ones. But you get them on all forums.

Romeo
12th Aug 2008, 06:30
Rene took us in 'cause he knew what an awesome pair of guys we were... Not.

There's still a few people here that can be a handful sometimes, but it's alot better than most forums I've been on. Must be all this hard work by us mods... Not.

Oh-for-two. =D

DXeXodus
12th Aug 2008, 06:46
Rene took us in 'cause he knew what an awesome pair of guys we were... Not.

Speak for yourself

Must be all this hard work by us mods... Not.

Speak for yourself again :p

You were on holiday when one of our *favourite* members (female, name starting with and S) hit her golden posts before 'leaving'.
I got several grey hairs and a stomach ulcer from her.

Tsumaru
12th Aug 2008, 09:18
We still have our share of abrasive members that don't appreciate the fact that other members have their own opinions which are, more often than not, valid ones.
Yeah I know, I'm sick of all these people who keep making personal attacks against me just because I disagree as well. It's completely unwarranted. But people like you and I just have to ignore them, get past it, and focus on good, rational discussion - right?

You were on holiday when one of our *favourite* members (female, name starting with and S) hit her golden posts before 'leaving'.
I miss her too. =(

DXeXodus
12th Aug 2008, 09:49
But people like you and I just have to ignore them, get past it, and focus on good, rational discussion - right?

Being unable to guage tone in a piece of text over the internet, I shall assume that your post is sincere and not sarcastic :p

In which case, yes, we must respect peoples opinions and not force our own ones down their throat. We must listen with reason, and approach a debate with a mature mindset. Then, Everyone will be happy for all eternity. Flowers for everyone.

Larington
12th Aug 2008, 15:42
Welcome, I've moderated a forum relating to an amatuer modification in the past (For HL1) so I've been there myself. I kind of miss the days when Team Fortress Classic was the big thing <TM>, back then it was easier to keep the troublemakers in line because there weren't as many back then, these days it seems as though I can't go to any comments threaded site or message board without at least one person trying to be a pain.

And don't even get me started on the way there are netizens these days who don't know how to write a post without using sarcasm in some or all of their post. That crap really needs to stop because it makes people defensive or forces the reader to 'stop and translate the sarcasm'.
Plus these people often forget to put proper emoticons into their sarcasm, assuming that everyone will see what is for them obvious (regardless of the fact they, just, typed, it... Ugh).

Tsumaru
13th Aug 2008, 00:38
Well of course I'm not being sarcastic. You don't seriously believe I would be promoting the opposite of good, rational discussion - right?

jcp28
13th Aug 2008, 01:33
Well of course I'm not being sarcastic. You don't seriously believe I would be promoting the opposite of good, rational discussion - right?

You can probably see how some would wonder from your abrasive manner at times when you have a serious disagreement with someone. Like the way you got all mad at teknikal vision in that last thread. I just laughed at some of your responses to others but I could easily see myself as an idiot on the other end(which has happened many times before.)

So it might be safe to assume that you're being sarcastic when you say things like "...ignore them" because you sure as heck don't ignore them. You let them know how you feel. But maybe you said that because of some minor oversight in wording.

Tsumaru
13th Aug 2008, 01:49
Sarcasm isn't the only form of wit.

Also, I didn't get mad at teknikal vision at all - you will notice that people got mad at me and my perfectly valid response, making accusations of personal attacks which simply did not occur. In fact, the only thing wrong with my post was it may have had an aggressive (although I don't agree with that - I choose to believe vehemence and aggression are different) tone. And yet strangely in this very post we're having people comment on how difficult it is to pick up on tone?

Well, that is, up until the point I decided to actively make the shoe fit. Ie, remarking on how little I care about peoples accusations of me being a "jerk", "arrogant jackass" and "shame to australia" etc etc. Which is ironic - because all these people commented on the need to not take things so seriously, not be so emotionally wound up, and all that crap... and yet they're the ones who clearly take offense at the slightest rational disagreement as long as the tone is a little negative, while I'm laughing outright at the entire thing. Emotionally wound up indeed.

Romeo
13th Aug 2008, 04:01
Speak for yourself

Speak for yourself again :p

I got several grey hairs and a stomach ulcer from her.
Yeah, I'm gonna miss Scadvid too, but she'll be back. You take your job too seriously. We're not paid enough to worry that much. =P

DXeXodus
13th Aug 2008, 04:13
You take your job too seriously. We're not paid enough to worry that much. =P

I was just joking. She was certainly a handful, but not impossible. She certainly had some valid things to say before she left.

Romeo
13th Aug 2008, 04:21
Ah, I was just kidding too bro, but I was serious when I said she'll be back - they always come back.

Tsumaru
13th Aug 2008, 04:57
So far she hasn't even visited the forum on her account since 25 minutes after her leaving post. But that doesn't mean she hasn't been lurking as a guest - or won't reappear later anyway.

jcp28
13th Aug 2008, 16:50
I expect her to show up not long after the updates come in September if not as sson as they come out.

minus0ne
13th Aug 2008, 17:52
Is it my shoddy memory or was this before I joined? Either way, who are we talking about? :scratch:

Oh and welcome to the mods, may they be with us for long*

*and suffer much verbal abuse!

I'm still working to identify the black spots in your "vast array of time differences", which shouldn't be hard with a total of two timezones. Now I'll just need to cleverly get you to tell me your regular PC/forum hours and I'll be ready to strike.. :D

Romeo
13th Aug 2008, 19:15
Not only do I leave my laptop outside while I work on my cars (starting about four o'clock) I'm also an insomniac, and I generally find myself on these forums until two o'clock in the morning in quite a few cases). Good luck finding a decent enough blackout zone to wreak too much havok. Besides, we could always just read back a little. We will dominate! :nut:

jcp28
14th Aug 2008, 02:33
Is it my shoddy memory or was this before I joined? Either way, who are we talking about? :scratch:

Y' don't know Scadvid? This hardcore DX fan type who sounded real jaded and *****ed about how much it sucked to wait for updates? The one with the eye with DX3 next to it for an avatar? The one who made some good contributions, but railed a little too much on certain subjects?

well, you still probably don't know who I'm talking about, but blehhhh, I only list what I think you may have caught

Romeo
14th Aug 2008, 04:34
Long story short: Good thinker, lacking people-skills.

Tsumaru
14th Aug 2008, 05:23
Like me times a hundred. Well, only times a hundred in the lacking people skills part. I'm times a hundred in the good thinker part.

Romeo
14th Aug 2008, 05:27
You better put that ego away before you hurt somebody with it. lol

Tsumaru
14th Aug 2008, 05:36
My ego is right where I want it. Loaded, primed, and ready to fire.

Romeo
14th Aug 2008, 05:57
Yeah, I said that to a girl once, and then I got slapped for some reason. lol

Tsumaru
14th Aug 2008, 13:43
You deserve some kind of medal.

Romeo
15th Aug 2008, 01:23
Don't I though? Oh well, life's unfair.