PDA

View Full Version : STORE Suggestion: Unlock all perks/abilities/weapons temporarily

Tube_Reaver
7th Jan 2014, 11:52
Hi,

I would like to suggest that Psyonix unlocks everything temporarily so that all players can test all that the game has to offer, during a week or two of alpha testing phases.

Otherwise I'd have to get a minimum of 3-4 wins (or 6-8 losses at most) for a temporary unlock of an ability, and don't even get me started on unlocking perks. I am not even mentioning the wait times to get into games and such.

So currently most of the testing is being done on the stock humans and vampire abilities/weapons. Which I find to be very limited, especially since we are supposed to "break" the game with crazy testing. We would also be able to give more feedback on balance issues with certain abilities and much more.

I know quite a few of us have unlocked certain things, but again it's very limited.
i.e. not every scout has grappling hook, so it's a smaller number of players who are testing it.

Also for instance I would love to try certain perks with certain abilities (you know to test if they stack) but I have to wait until the perk daily is the one I want.

Opinions/suggestions/thoughts?

Cheers.

RainaAudron
7th Jan 2014, 14:13
Hmm... At high levels you already gathered enough money so you can buy permanent skills and weapons and the default equipment isn´t bad either. I kinda got settled with certain builds which I play regularly now. I also I do not like buying the 7 days things - rather buy permanent ones, I think that´s the better option. Also perks are expiring, so I wouldn´t buy those either, especially if you are getting one every day for free.

Tube_Reaver
7th Jan 2014, 15:38
Well not everyone is high level, nor is everyone playing so much they can afford to buy all the perma equipments, which limits the testing done.

As for the perks, what I mean is that I want to try certain builds, which go with certain perks. You are saying I should wait until the perk I want goes up for free for a day? What if I can't play on that day? :scratch:

Also this suggestion won't harm you, especially if you have everything unlocked, and even if the perks were temporarily unlocked for you, what's the harm, you can still stick to your preferred playstyle.

I too don't like buying the temp unlocks, I prefer to save up for the permanent ones, which again limits the amount of variety of testing I am doing. With this solution we get all unlocks on temporary, and we can choose to unlock them permanently with gold. (getting a single permanent unlock requires a minimum of 10 wins, and a maximum of 20 losses, that's a lot of games)

And if it will affect new players, then have the temp unlocks only activate for those who are above a certain rank (5+, 10+ etc)

Oroibahazopi
7th Jan 2014, 15:46
You can buy a permanent perk for 10k gold.

For people who want to actually test the game for bugs and balance yes it's a major source of contention, but on the other hand they do need to monitor gold intake and purchases and cost their goods accordingly.

Tube_Reaver
7th Jan 2014, 15:53
That's why I said "don't even get me started on unlocking perks" :D that's basically around 100 wins at the very least, without buying anything else

As for testing the gold income etc: hasn't there been enough time for that? At least for preliminary results.

Also I am suggesting for a short time period (a week), not the whole remainder of alpha, or closed beta or open etc etc.

Can't really test everything when getting access to it takes a good number of matches, and even then to test it, I would need to try it on every map so on so forth.

lucinvampire
7th Jan 2014, 16:22
I think the only problem that may come with this is - if they unlock everything temporarily and then lock it - if you have bought something it may affect your gold/runes which gold is built up as you play. Where as at the moment it's manageable to you - if you want something you have to buy it - you cannot hold (rack up gold) meaning that when the game goes to the next phase and its all back to being locked there wont be loads of people being able to have everything because they've held back thousands of gold and loads of new people with nothing. But that’s going to kind of happen anyway? Right? Because people would have bought stuff anyway? They may need to do a game reset before Beta? Maybe? Or not because if people can’t buy stuff but can only use stuff then they wouldn’t have anything…ok but they still have the gold. Ok this makes no...so apologies.

As for my opinion on this…I would very much like to see everything unlocked from a testing point of view - I think it would be good for everyone to bash the hell out of the game with all manner of stuff - and try to break it as much as possible...
I try to do this – erratic gaming is good for testing :D if I don’t break something a night then I’m testing it wrong!

I'd be interest to see if things stack too - the Epic All Boost especially – like people previously discussed on another thread :D

Tube_Reaver
7th Jan 2014, 16:35
I think the only problem that may come with this is - if they unlock everything temporarily and then lock it - if you have bought something it may affect your gold/runes which gold is built up as you play. Where as at the moment it's manageable to you - if you want something you have to buy it - you cannot hold (rack up gold) meaning that when the game goes to the next phase and its all back to being locked there wont be loads of people being able to have everything because they've held back thousands of gold and loads of new people with nothing. But that’s going to kind of happen anyway? Right? Because people would have bought stuff anyway? They may need to do a game reset before Beta? Maybe? Or not because if people can’t buy stuff but can only use stuff then they wouldn’t have anything…ok but they still have the gold. Ok this makes no...so apologies.

As for my opinion on this…I would very much like to see everything unlocked from a testing point of view - I think it would be good for everyone to bash the hell out of the game with all manner of stuff - and try to break it as much as possible...
I try to do this – erratic gaming is good for testing :D if I don’t break something a night then I’m testing it wrong!

I'd be interest to see if things stack too - the Epic All Boost especially – like people previously discussed on another thread :D
Yeah the epic all boost stacking was one of my threats
I fancy trying out some perks with some buff abilities on vampires to see if they stack but I don't have the ability yet and want the perk to go with it to wreak devastation! :lol:

Viziroth
11th Jan 2014, 18:35
They could just refund every purchase made so farm and then have everything unlocked for the remainder of the alpha. The majority of alphas I've been in with market systems have done this, they unlocked everything during the alpha for actual mechanics testing and then they opened the store up for testing during the beta. Currently, for example, I'm alpha testing in Hex: Shards of Fate which is a online TCG, all the alpha testers were given complete play sets of every single card even though in the release(and during the open beta) players will have to purchase packs, all the cards given during the alpha will just be wiped prior to the transition to beta. Heck, I think even League of Legends has most of their content unlocked on their beta client, and they've already released their game. There's no reason to test a market place when there's so few people able to test, and stopping the already limited testing pool from being able to test everything is counter productive.

lucinvampire
11th Jan 2014, 18:53
Yeah the epic all boost stacking was one of my threats
I fancy trying out some perks with some buff abilities on vampires to see if they stack but I don't have the ability yet and want the perk to go with it to wreak devastation! :lol:

The only thing is you can only have one boost at any one time set and then one perk (per character) set at the time (or I'm being dumb) - you can't yourself stack them but maybe able to with other people....this would have the be coordinated between people - but that's simplez :D

Kuro1n
11th Jan 2014, 19:03
I think they changed the price for permanent perks to 3k.

Tube_Reaver
11th Jan 2014, 19:13
I think they changed the price for permanent perks to 3k.

Yup, which is epic.
Still though, unlocking everything temporarily, so we can test it would be great

Zolfried
13th Jan 2014, 00:31
still, this is alpha/beta.. we should just get everything so we can test out different skills, different builds.. if they see everybody play on one build, then maybe those skills are op and needs rebalancing ect. ect. 3k is 30 games... and with the super long time to find games, this is more of a chore then fun to unlock a few skills.

Just as an absurd example.. skins costs RL curency to unlock, but we cant spend(nor want in so early beta) any amount of money on this game yet. So what if when you do get the skins out, theyre like super buggy, textures clip and meshes goes wrong ect... then someone spent RL cash on cosmetics that didn't even work.. its like buying a condom with a hole in it :p. happended to LoL b4 (the texture thing.. not the condom thing) .. so could happen here too..

IMO, stuff should be free for now, let us get everything.. and still get money for the fights that we just bank up and cant spend... when the beta hits later stages and we get more players and soforth (maybe very very late beta or open beta).. remove those free unlocks we get, and let us then buy the stuff we want with the money we earned up till that point.. it gives the new players assurance that they get characters with balanced skills, and veteran players the ability to rebuy the skills to make the loadout we are comfortable playing with.