PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I am so excited they are finally making a LOK game.

KainThePunisher
7th Jan 2014, 08:47
I first played Soul Reaver on the PS1 back when it first came out and absolutely fell in love with the game. From its dark atmosphere, to its open world, its combat and the deep compelling story. It became one of my all time favorite games which lead to me playing the rest of the series and every one of them has become personal classics of mine. I was disappointed with the cancel of Dark Prophecy, elated to hear about Dark Sun but then I didn't hear about it for years. Then, low and behold, A friend who knew how big of a fan I am told me they were making another one which led me to this site. I must say, I was a little disappointed to hear it wasn't another chapter in Kain or Raziel's saga. That being said, I am so pumped another one is being made lol. I can't wait to give this game a chance. It could bring a whole new generation of fans to a series that I've always felt was under-appreciate. I am very, very glad this game is being made and I can't wait to play it. Just wanted to say how I felt I guess.

ParadoxicalOmen
7th Jan 2014, 15:00
I am a bit sad that as the new games arise, they are stepping further from the original [gameplay] elements that made me like them so much (Just compare Blood Omen 1 and Defiance).

But yes...i'm very quite happy to see a new installment to the series. So far i like what i see. I quite optimistic :)

Monkeythumbz
7th Jan 2014, 15:32
So far i like what i see. I quite optimistic :)

Glad to hear it!

KainThePunisher
8th Jan 2014, 05:17
I am a bit sad that as the new games arise, they are stepping further from the original [gameplay] elements that made me like them so much (Just compare Blood Omen 1 and Defiance).

But yes...i'm very quite happy to see a new installment to the series. So far i like what i see. I quite optimistic :)

I agree, I hope that this sparks a new interest in the series. I still have hope I'll get to see the rest of the story lol. I know there have been people who are worried, and worried for good reason that this won't have much to do game play wise as the prior games. All I/we can do is hope that they take cues from the other games to make this one amazing. It has a lot of potential. It could be open world, or maybe take place in a city mentioned before with familear faces from the story. I don't know. I'm going to get my hopes up this time though.