PDA

View Full Version : FINAL FANTASY 25th Anniversary

Pages : [1] 2 3

iambasho777
17th Jun 2012, 16:20
Do you all think there will be anything extra special announced at the Tokyo Game Show this year for it? Other than the E3 cake and Theatrhythm I haven't heard or seen much info about SE acknowledging the game saga whose birth saved Square from bankruptcy back in 1987. If anyone has came across any FF anniversary news I missed or has heard any rumors that have the potential to be true, I would love to hear them!

Automaton
17th Jun 2012, 16:27
It's not like they aren't acknowleging it: the Japanese portal site is emblazoned with the 25th Anniversary logo and staff members have posted blogs about their thoughts.

www.finalfantasy.jp/ (http://www.finalfantasy.jp/)

iambasho777
17th Jun 2012, 16:38
True, that was a poor choice of words on my part. I just meant will they make something new or remake something old for it? Like, say, a collection of FF 1-6 all on one system would be nice, currently we need a minimim of a PSP/3 and a DS to play them with 1/2, 5, and 6 as PS1 Classics, 3 and 4 as DS titles, and 4 Complete Collection for PSP.

Zench-XIII
17th Jun 2012, 17:45
Don't forget that III will be getting a PSP port, though it's gonna be the DS version. It's still unknown if the game will be localized.

iambasho777
17th Jun 2012, 18:49
That would be awesome if it did, I just got the DS version though last month

Persiangato
17th Jun 2012, 19:27
It would be nice to see this reflected in our Square Enix Members rewards, but I doubt that would ever happen.

Zench-XIII
17th Jun 2012, 19:49
That would be awesome if it did, I just got the DS version though last month

The PSP version will include an option to choose between the BGM of the original game or the DS arrangements.

I played the iOS version, but I'd love to play it again with the use of buttons. That's why I want the PSP version to be localized (and 'cause the Mognet thing in the DS version is, well, something that doesn't appeal to me).

iambasho777
17th Jun 2012, 20:04
My only friend with FFIII moved three states away and stopped playing videogames so I have nobody to do the Mognet with anymore :( (I used to have the game, sold it with my DS two years ago, then bought another copy now that I have a 3DS)

Zench-XIII
17th Jun 2012, 20:28
Gotta admit that I'm still wondering why they went with the DS version instead of going with 2D sprites. Take a look at I and II, we got PSP ports with 2D visuals for the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy.

member_10822883
18th Jun 2012, 17:05
I'm not really sure about that, either. The DS version did do pretty well though. I'd rather have a 2D remake myself, but I'm playing the DS version on iOS right now and beyond the obvious changes, I still think they were remarkably true to the original. I just think the game didn't need or benefit from ditching the Onion Knights and replacing them with actual characters. That and the NES version is just a stunning game - my favorite in the series, even.

member_10832410
18th Jun 2012, 17:43
I personally think they should release FF Type-0 internationally to celebrate the anniversary...
<.<
>.>

member_10829610
22nd Jun 2012, 23:58
I'm guessing for the 25th anniversary, they are releasing FFIII (the DS version) on the PSP, the 3DS music game, and Final Fantasy Dimensions.

member_10085059
23rd Jun 2012, 00:33
My best guess is that they're planning something..... but they're not going to announce it until Tokyo Game Show in September(?)

member_10829610
23rd Jun 2012, 00:49
I agree. Maybe more info on VSXIII/FFXHD could be revealed at TGS 2012. I'm hoping that's the case.

member_10770952
23rd Jun 2012, 00:58
i bet they'll have some unexpected surprises.

iambasho777
10th Jul 2012, 18:51
News article up today, FFVII PC is getting a phoenix down for the 25th anniversary. Hopefully we'll get something better than just that and Theatrhythm.

VINCE12
16th Jul 2012, 19:01
In order to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Final Fantasy, it would be appreciated from Square Enix to offer fans of the series a 'gift' for their dedication to the franchise. It got me thinking, what would be the best 'gift' to offer fans? Here are my thoughts:

1. A release date for Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The gift may not be tangeable, but as a vivid fan of the series, I know this would be the greatest gift to underline the success of Final Fantasy.

2. An announcement for Final Fantasy XV.

3. A Final Fantasy movie (in the veins of Advent Children)

I know we cannot have all the choices mentioned above, but one would certainly be enough to excite any fan.

What would you like to see to underline the 25 years of Final Fantasy? Please share /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

FantasyCross
16th Jul 2012, 19:21
1. Final Fantasy Versus XIII newest trailer and realese date.

2. Kingdom Hearts III trailer.

this is just my thought for now.

iambasho777
16th Jul 2012, 19:25
TC, have you heard of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within? While it isn't canon in any FF universe we've seen so far it's still a pretty decent film. Or were you wanting a movie to be a sequel to a FF game?

Really, all I want to see are release dates for Type-0 or Versus. They seem to be innovative new titles to the franchise that would be a ton of fun.

srodrigue
16th Jul 2012, 19:31
I want a new Dissidia FINAL FANTASY! I liked the first two so much :3

member_10794233
16th Jul 2012, 19:40
I think a new Dissidia would be good, but what if not only on the psp, but move it to also the PS3? Just a thought...

member_10628951
16th Jul 2012, 20:03
In my ideal world these would be great:

- If people want closure that bad to the XIII games then just make "XIII-3" a CG movie. This would give closure to the fans that want that and wouldn't piss off all the fans waiting for Versus. Speaking of...

- Announce a release date, trailer and live demo of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Heck at this point I would pay at least $5 to play that demo. And rename the game to XV (for tradition: NES - I, II, III ~ SNES - IV, V, VI ~ PS1 - VII, VIII, IX ~ PS2 - X, XI, XII ~ PS3 - XIII, XIV, XV?). It deserves it and it needs to distance itself from XIII.

- A documentary of the making of Final Fantasy from 1987 - 2012!!!

green_abobo
16th Jul 2012, 20:22
i'd like a remastered version of all the non next gen FF games, an anthology if you will, on several disks if necessary, but all for one price.

especially the old nes/ psx/ ps2 titles.

i miss these games. if they are "souped up" using modern technology, & all accessible from one main menu, that would rock.

make it a collectors edition, with a soundtrack & maybe an archived "making of" dvd (like the poster above mentions) of all these old games, or even interviews with the various developers & their thoughts of what they were trying to create @ that time. soundtracks would also be neat.

pack it with a guide that has all the various charts on spells/ weapons/ beastiaries, it would be worthy of the 25th anniversary monacher.

something along these lines. i'd buy it. 100.00$ is a fair price, no?

Azure
16th Jul 2012, 20:24
I am sure that Versus XIII become XV will only make people hate it so just stop whining about the name change everywhere .

I think in 25th celebrate they will only show a old trailer because I saw them re upload old trailer about FF I - XII on youtube

member_10074094
16th Jul 2012, 20:42
Really, all I want to see are release dates for Type-0 or Versus. They seem to be innovative new titles to the franchise that would be a ton of fun.

This.

Also, I'd like to see a collection of some older games... I'm pretty sure a blu ray could hold the original, 2D FF1-6 games in a single disc, even with the improved graphics and additional dungeons that recent remakes have added... I think my dislike of FF3 and 4 might come from the 3D DS remakes, and would love to play a more modern version of both of their originals.

member_10628951
16th Jul 2012, 21:08
I am sure that Versus XIII become XV will only make people hate it so just stop whining about the name change everywhere .

I think in 25th celebrate they will only show a old trailer because I saw them re upload old trailer about FF I - XII on youtube

May I ask why this would upset you or really any Final Fantasy fan? I think more traditional fans (like myself) would be upset if they didn't have another numbered entry by the end of the generation because then it would screw with tradition.

BigPoppaE
16th Jul 2012, 21:14
FF7 for the PS3 with fully updated graphics and voice acting would be nuts. It'd make serious bank for square enix too...

PAT2K9
16th Jul 2012, 22:07
A release date for Final Fantasy Versus XIII

Azure
16th Jul 2012, 22:29

May I ask why this would upset you or really any Final Fantasy fan? I think more traditional fans (like myself) would be upset if they didn't have another numbered entry by the end of the generation because then it would screw with tradition.

If it is obvious it will happen .What is want to said is you just need to wait until they announce ? we can't be sure so don't go around and said everywhere like spread a rumour. I think you make many topic and talk about this many times

One more thing , Final Fantasy XV that many people waiting is not Versus ,they wait for the real XV which will release in the last day of this generation like , FFVI, IX,XII . They don't want the game with the name change . If Versus is change to XV , the chance of XV release this Gen may become zero . Those who wait for that game will definitely get mad at Versus and the number of FF upcoming may go down to only one because FF XV ( Versus ) release already so no need to another main Title on this Gen

member_10628951
16th Jul 2012, 22:47

If it is obvious it will happen .What is want to said is you just need to wait until they announce ? we can't be sure so don't go around and said everywhere like spread a rumour. I think you make many topic and talk about this many times

One more thing , Final Fantasy XV that many people waiting is not Versus ,they wait for the real XV which will release in the last day of this generation like , FFVI, IX,XII . They don't want the game with the name change . If Versus is change to XV , the chance of XV release may become zero . Those who wait for that game will definitely get mad at Versus and the number of FF upcoming may go down to only one because FF XV ( Versus ) release already so no need to another main Title on this Gen

Fair enough. Although fans and I believe Square are under the impression that they will use the Luminous Engine to make the next numbered entry. If that is the case then the game that is in other fans minds "XV" it wont release for this gen of consoles. In which case they would be upseting everyone. Hwo about this lets come to an agreement:

If Final Fantasy XV doesn't make it this gen then Versus XIII has the right to be called Final Fantasy XV. Deal?

Azure
16th Jul 2012, 22:56
Ok . Just wait until 25th celebration and TGS .

member_10822883
17th Jul 2012, 00:57
I-VI on a single disc for PS3. Original versions unlockable but otherwise all the updated/retranslated titles initially.

member_10351528
17th Jul 2012, 01:27
How about an official Final Fantasy Lexicon, either digital or print with either advanced access or pre-order availability to deidicated fans. Think of the Metal Gear Solid data base that is on PS3 but with a better aesthetic appeal like Pottermore.

OR

A prequel to Final Fantasy with the Ancients and Jenova.

If not that MOOGLES FOR EVERYONE!

member_10351528
17th Jul 2012, 01:31
and if that were to happen I would totally be ok with being brought into SE's creative department for advising. What? One can dream

Rabbitsuit
17th Jul 2012, 02:11
I want swag like Club Nintendo's. Put that 25th anniversary logo on an artplate and make contests for all of the members here.

member_10013186
17th Jul 2012, 02:55
I'll be happy with anything I get that is FF.

Syn
17th Jul 2012, 04:12
Anoucement date and gameplay trailer for Versus XIII, we all know that no matter what SE decides to show, the only real thing people will be interested is info on versus XIII, if they make a mistake of anouncing XIII-3 before giving Versus a release date, I can assure you there will be a media frenzy on how Versus has become(and this is something I hope to th core of my being will not happen) vaporware.

member_10628951
17th Jul 2012, 10:05
^^^this

RoyalJam
17th Jul 2012, 20:38
FF Type 0 western release since nobody has brought it up yet. I would love to see a FF 15 luminious engine trailer with gameplay for the next gen too.

Asuha
17th Jul 2012, 23:25
Realistically you will get:

Final Fantasy III PSP

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0

Syn
18th Jul 2012, 02:30
FF Type 0 western release since nobody has brought it up yet. I would love to see a FF 15 luminious engine trailer with gameplay for the next gen too.

Cant believe I forgot to mention that, localization info for Type-0 would be great, not sure about gameplay for FF 15 though, I would rather they finish up on their unfinished projects then focus completely and take their time with 15

Azure
18th Jul 2012, 10:40

Cant believe I forgot to mention that, localization info for Type-0 would be great, not sure about gameplay for FF 15 though, I would rather they finish up on their unfinished projects then focus completely and take their time with 15

I think They should anounce their Serect Large Scale Porject ,maybe it is FF 15 or Somehting Intersted

member_10628951
18th Jul 2012, 12:03
@ Fire

Don't kill all of our hopes and dreams! Let us dream a little while longer.

But realistically yeah that is all that will be there T_T.

VINCE12
18th Jul 2012, 20:09
Realistically you will get:

Final Fantasy III PSP

Final Fantasy XIV 2.0

You lie :(

KaL
18th Jul 2012, 20:15
final fantasy 7 remake for playstation 3 not vita.... or make where you can use it for both!!!!

final fantasy 10 hd release date!!!!

final fantasy verses 13 release date would be nice!!!!

member_10581269
18th Jul 2012, 20:20
well.... maybe a Kingdom Hearts III trailer is something i would love...

OR

A collectors item like a 15 inch tall figurine that comes with theaterythm with a pre order... that game is to celebrate the 25th anniversaryisnt it? It has all the soundtracks including my favorite... one winged angelhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

new_tradition
18th Jul 2012, 22:37
I think an anniversary is more about rememebering what has come to pass in the last 25 years rather than using it as an event to only name things to come. That said...

I want them to release all the Ultimania Guides in English, at least as PDFs :(

Make an original Final Fantasy movie. The Spirits Within was an okay movie, but it had almost nothing to do with FF. I would like to see a FF movie that take some core ideas used throughout the series and just creates a stand alone piece of awesomeness. A retro FF movie done in the new CGI style, omg *drools* *_*

member_10013186
18th Jul 2012, 22:42
I think an anniversary is more about rememebering what has come to pass in the last 25 years rather than using it as an event to only name things to come. That said...

Make an original Final Fantasy movie. The Spirits Within was an okay movie, but it had almost nothing to do with FF. I would like to see a FF movie that take some core ideas used throughout the series and just creates a stand alone piece of awesomeness. A retro FF movie done in the new CGI style, omg *drools* *_*

Something like a Dissidia movie would be nice. A movie grasping at all the FF's.

member_10581269
19th Jul 2012, 07:39

Something like a Dissidia movie would be nice. A movie grasping at all the FF's.

A MOVIE OF DISSIDIA WOULD BE AWESOME o.o

ZachiroEnigma0
20th Jul 2012, 12:00
How could we forget about the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary on September 1st? it isthe perfect stage for Square Enix to present a surprise trailer or other info on Versus XIII and confirm that it isnt vaporware or canceled.

the Anniversary parties are always where the ygive info on new games and lets not forget taht we're talking about Tetsuya Nomura, he isnt going to let a game hes beein hcarge of for 6 years get cancelled. he's been itching to tell us something and this is the eprfect place to and SE will definitely let him tell us something, and its only a month away, in August we will hear more about it because they will be using that whole month to prepare for it and make sure they have info for us die-hard fans of Final Fantasy.

i know Square Enix wont let us down, you guys jsut gotta give them time okay? and as far as this rumor, i got freaked out too until i remember tha annivrsary, and iremembered that when that rumor came out that theyre changing versus to XV they came a week later and told everyone taht it wasnt true. come one we can trust Square Enix to totally come through.

dont get me wrong im on edge too but SE wont let some rumor ruin their reputation. they didnt do it with the XV rumor they wont do it with this! Square Enix isnt like other companies, they know how much people are looking forward to this game, they get asked about it in every interveiw! theyre not dumb enoughto cancel it an lose millions of fans to...EA! *shudders* but look people, theyre working on a whole new level of final fantasy with tricky sequences of CG's and battle and movement that takes a long time to perfect and we KNOW how Square Enix is when it comes to Final Fantasy

when it comes to FF "good enough" isnt good enough for Square Enix, Perfect is! no glitches...maybe afew easter eggs but nothing like bodies twiching for n oreason like on Elder scrolls Oblivion, no cheating like walking o nwater or flying and NO FAILS! Final Fantasy is Square Enix's golden egg and they wont let us down by cancelling it! its jsut taking forever cuz they dont want any bugs in the game when they release it, they dont want any graphic flaws, no equiement failures, no typos whatsoever! this game they want it to be PERFECT! they want it to be the diamond of Final Fantasy! the Star of Fabula Novela Crysallis!

Square Enix ix doing everything they can to make sure this game will not disappoint! and theyre going to inform us that this rumos isnt true! i bet jsut to prove it they'll realease something about Versus xiii! MAYBE EVEN A TRAILER! =D come oooonnnnn!! when it come to Final Fantasy, Square Enix doesnt play around, dont you guys know that they lvoe Final Fantays jsut as much as us cuz it Saved the company when it was in bankrupcy and was gonne go out of busines? they let out Final Fantasy thinkging it woul be their alst game and it saved their butts! ever since they never let go of Final Fantasy cuz its their golden egg! before you do anything rash just think....they love final fantasy, they do everything i ntheir power to make the games perfect and no half assed like other companies, they wont cancel a game guys...give'em two weeks tops to prove it..pleasE?

xavcar
20th Jul 2012, 12:27
How could we forget about the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary on September 1st? it isthe perfect stage for Square Enix to present a surprise trailer or other info on Versus XIII and confirm that it isnt vaporware or canceled.

the Anniversary parties are always where the ygive info on new games and lets not forget taht we're talking about Tetsuya Nomura, he isnt going to let a game hes beein hcarge of for 6 years get cancelled. he's been itching to tell us something and this is the eprfect place to and SE will definitely let him tell us something, and its only a month away, in August we will hear more about it because they will be using that whole month to prepare for it and make sure they have info for us die-hard fans of Final Fantasy.

i know Square Enix wont let us down, you guys jsut gotta give them time okay? and as far as this rumor, i got freaked out too until i remember tha annivrsary, and iremembered that when that rumor came out that theyre changing versus to XV they came a week later and told everyone taht it wasnt true. come one we can trust Square Enix to totally come through.

dont get me wrong im on edge too but SE wont let some rumor ruin their reputation. they didnt do it with the XV rumor they wont do it with this! Square Enix isnt like other companies, they know how much people are looking forward to this game, they get asked about it in every interveiw! theyre not dumb enoughto cancel it an lose millions of fans to...EA! *shudders* but look people, theyre working on a whole new level of final fantasy with tricky sequences of CG's and battle and movement that takes a long time to perfect and we KNOW how Square Enix is when it comes to Final Fantasy

when it comes to FF "good enough" isnt good enough for Square Enix, Perfect is! no glitches...maybe afew easter eggs but nothing like bodies twiching for n oreason like on Elder scrolls Oblivion, no cheating like walking o nwater or flying and NO FAILS! Final Fantasy is Square Enix's golden egg and they wont let us down by cancelling it! its jsut taking forever cuz they dont want any bugs in the game when they release it, they dont want any graphic flaws, no equiement failures, no typos whatsoever! this game they want it to be PERFECT! they want it to be the diamond of Final Fantasy! the Star of Fabula Novela Crysallis!

Square Enix ix doing everything they can to make sure this game will not disappoint! and theyre going to inform us that this rumos isnt true! i bet jsut to prove it they'll realease something about Versus xiii! MAYBE EVEN A TRAILER! =D come oooonnnnn!! when it come to Final Fantasy, Square Enix doesnt play around, dont you guys know that they lvoe Final Fantays jsut as much as us cuz it Saved the company when it was in bankrupcy and was gonne go out of busines? they let out Final Fantasy thinkging it woul be their alst game and it saved their butts! ever since they never let go of Final Fantasy cuz its their golden egg! before you do anything rash just think....they love final fantasy, they do everything i ntheir power to make the games perfect and no half assed like other companies, they wont cancel a game guys...give'em two weeks tops to prove it..pleasE?

Felicitaciones a Square Enix por su constancia y gran variedad de juegos....

Quisiera que dieran más información acerca de Final Fantasy Versus XIII...

Pikachu
20th Jul 2012, 13:21
If SE doesn't give some info on V's remake and decides to feed us more VII and XIII nothingness, it'll be another SE-less year for me.

xIllusionist
20th Jul 2012, 13:48
I hope they show some type of update on versus xiii. Judging from the trailers and previews up right now I'm planning on getting this game anyway.

[EDIT]: There's rumors going around that versus xiii is cancelled?? I am heartbroken T__T

ZachiroEnigma0
20th Jul 2012, 13:51
I hope they show some type of update on versus xiii. Judging from the trailers and previews up right now I'm planning on getting this game anyway.

[EDIT]: There's rumors going around that versus xiii is cancelled?? I am heartbroken T__T

dont worry jsut do like the rest of us and spazz the heck out and complain and make threats to abandon SE if the do cancel it so the ycan hurry up and sya itsn ot true!!

Azure
21st Jul 2012, 10:34
I don't think we will get anything in September 1st because it is a presentation about Lighting Saga . We will get the news in the August 30th , it is the day that SE will release a demo according to their website

ZachiroEnigma0
21st Jul 2012, 12:06
I don't think we will get anything in September 1st because it is a presentation about Lighting Saga . We will get the news in the August 30th , it is the day that SE will release a demo according to their website

demo?? demo of what??? and what website??? gimme link please

Ashetaka
21st Jul 2012, 12:27
news.softpedia.com/news/Final-Fantasy-Ve... (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-Will-Get-Live-Demo-Soon-247370.shtml)

This was one of the results I ran across after doing a quick google in regards to a potential Versus demo. However, this article is seven months old...

ZachiroEnigma0
21st Jul 2012, 12:34
news.softpedia.com/news/Final-Fantasy-Ve... (http://news.softpedia.com/news/Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-Will-Get-Live-Demo-Soon-247370.shtml)

This was one of the results I ran across after doing a quick google in regards to a potential Versus demo.* However, this article is seven months old...

AW!

i got my hopes up for nothing...x.x.....

iambasho777
21st Jul 2012, 13:00
Zachiro, your last post is messing up the formatting of the forums page due to the length of your aw lol.

Also, I would expect that if we don't get something soon on this ridiculous rumor that we'll see something on Versus at the anniversary or TGS as a surprise.

ZachiroEnigma0
21st Jul 2012, 13:14
Zachiro, your last post is messing up the formatting of the forums page due to the length of your aw lol.

Also, I would expect that if we don't get something soon on this ridiculous rumor that we'll see something on Versus at the anniversary or TGS as a surprise.

yeah im been trying to fix that by editing my post lol but my computer or browser wont let me click submit....x.x....and i agree totally

xIllusionist
21st Jul 2012, 15:18

*sighs* idk if this anniversary is worth looking forward to anymore....

Same here. If Versus didn't get cancelled it would be the first FF game I'd pre-order. Now I don't know if that's gonna happen...

member_10628951
21st Jul 2012, 22:04
I still have it preordered. I need Square to respond to this. It is very unfair for them to leave fans out in the cold like this. Any other company would have responded to this already. Sony even was asked yesterday if TLG was still in development and they confirmed it was. I don't know why square won't do that. They have some of the worst PR in the industry.

Azure
22nd Jul 2012, 05:23

It just a calendar . Go to Square Jp and 25th website

ZachiroEnigma0
22nd Jul 2012, 09:08

It just a calendar . Go to Square Jp and 25th website

link please o.o

Azure
22nd Jul 2012, 09:35
www.finalfantasy.jp/special/ (http://www.finalfantasy.jp/special/)

the first day

member_10628951
22nd Jul 2012, 13:07
And just like that, a little ray of hope was born.

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 14:35
okay we got a total of 37 days until the anniversary, 7 left in this month and 30 in next month cuz it starts on august 31...and after that a good 17 days until TGS cuz the anniversary ends o nsept 3rd and TGS starts on the 20th...so lets try to kill time shall we??

member_10827409
24th Jul 2012, 14:54
the rumors seemed to have died down a bit.

member_10628951
24th Jul 2012, 14:55
How do we do that? Oh I know every go back and play your favorite Final Fantasy and post on here where your at every once in a while. Right now I am in between replaying Crisis Core and Final Fantasy VIII. In Crisis Core I am helping Aerith sell flowers after the cool wagon I made her. And in VIII I am at one of the other Gardens after the missiles hit/miss.

xIllusionist
24th Jul 2012, 14:56
I wish I could kill time by replaying my FF games, but summer school says "NOPE, CAN'T DO THAT" T__T

member_10628951
24th Jul 2012, 15:03
@Illusionist
Oh come on dude. If I can have a full time job, be a full time student in college, create games, be an active community member and play Final Fantasy I am sure you can too ;).

member_10740464
24th Jul 2012, 15:12
Please don't worry about it my friends, this time is going to pass sooner or later ^_^

Tommorow I'll post some threads that you might find them interesting and maybe time killing ^.^

xIllusionist
24th Jul 2012, 15:14
@Illusionist Oh come on dude. If I can have a full time job, be a full time student in college, create games, be an active community member and play Final Fantasy I am sure you can too ;).

O_O do you even have time to sleep? lol

member_10628951
24th Jul 2012, 15:47
I get 6 hours to sleep every weekday. I make up sleep on the weekends. And my work outs. And generally good things for people. And when that's all done I play more games!!! I love my hobby

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 18:17
I get 6 hours to sleep every weekday. I make up sleep on the weekends. And my work outs. And generally good things for people. And when that's all done I play more games!!! I love my hobby

well on a lighter side i found a pawn show that will let me and my sister negotiate a price for a ps3....we're gonna go once we get some more money...i have 45 and she'll let me know once she has some money =D

i was gonna just get a new one but the only close and cheapest one near me was 250 and someone bought it so OFF TO THE PAWN SHOP!

member_10628951
24th Jul 2012, 18:40
I would wait to buy one until after Gamescom. I hear a new model is coming out and the price is going to be reduced so you can buy a new PS3!!!

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 18:54
I would wait to buy one until after Gamescom. I hear a new model is coming out and the price is going to be reduced so you can buy a new PS3!!!

when is gamescom?? before of after tgs? cuz i might not have the money then...sept is school time and we end up broke for most of the year unti lchristmas and all the nice prieced ps3 in stores would be sold out..x.x..i might not have much of a coice

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 19:02

www.ibtimes.com/articles/366277/20120724... (http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/366277/20120724/playstation-3-super-slim-ps3-4000-sony.htm)

sorry no new ps3 but new moddels confirmed...doubt a major price reduce will be in effect after gamecom....meaning that pawn shop is still my only hope to get a ps3 before versus comes out and ends up sold out in its first week

member_10628951
24th Jul 2012, 19:05

www.ibtimes.com/articles/366277/20120724... (http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/366277/20120724/playstation-3-super-slim-ps3-4000-sony.htm)

sorry no new ps3 but new moddels confirmed...doubt a major price reduce will be in effect after gamecom....meaning that pawn shop is still my only hope to get a ps3 before versus comes out and ends up sold out in its first week

Gamescom is in the middle of August (I think its like the 15th or something). So I think you can hold out for three weeks ;). Add me when you get your PlayStation.

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 19:09

Gamescom is in the middle of August (I think its like the 15th or something). So I think you can hold out for three weeks ;). Add me when you get your PlayStation.

okays but idk if a big price drop will happen in 3 weeks....the cheapest one i could get is 250....how low could they really drop it..? maybe to 200 and thats it....i doublt they'll make it like 150...

member_10628951
24th Jul 2012, 19:16

okays but idk if a big price drop will happen in 3 weeks....the cheapest one i could get is 250....how low could they really drop it..? maybe to 200 and thats it....i doublt they'll make it like 150...

$199 isn't that much of a strech. I heard they are going to announce a 16GB model and I bet that'll be cheap enough. And the best part is if you run out of space you can always replace your hard drive for a bigger one (that sounded dirty) for relatively cheap. I plan on replacing my 160GB HDD for a 500GB HDD. Need all the space I can get....... What? I like watching trailers in 1080p ;p.

xIllusionist
24th Jul 2012, 19:23

Oh nice! Unfortunately I require more sleep in general daily (I try to get 8 hours, but less than that I can barely concentrate or I'm groggy the whole day) and I don't like taking naps for some reason.

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 19:33

$199 isn't that much of a strech. I heard they are going to announce a 16GB model and I bet that'll be cheap enough. And the best part is if you run out of space you can always replace your hard drive for a bigger one (that sounded dirty) for relatively cheap. I plan on replacing my 160GB HDD for a 500GB HDD. Need all the space I can get....... What? I like watching trailers in 1080p ;p.

a 16 GB....putting my music and videos from my flashdrive onto my ps3.....i would run out of room so fast and everyone knows that FF games take up alot of room o.o

member_10628951
24th Jul 2012, 19:35

Oh nice! Unfortunately I require more sleep in general daily (I try to get 8 hours, but less than that I can barely concentrate or I'm groggy the whole day) and I don't like taking naps for some reason.

I cant do naps. They do nothing for me. I think my body has just gotten used to making up sleep on the weekends. I always automaticly wake up at 7:00am every morning and go to sleep at 1:00am every night. It was rough the first few weeks but I got used to it. Part of growing up I guess.

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 19:47

I cant do naps. They do nothing for me. I think my body has just gotten used to making up sleep on the weekends. I always automaticly wake up at 7:00am every morning and go to sleep at 1:00am every night. It was rough the first few weeks but I got used to it. Part of growing up I guess.

if only my body would dod that...no matter what time i gts...i wake up before 8 and im exhausted...

lately i've ee ngoing to sleep at like 11 and i wake up at 8...during the school time igo to sleep at 11 and wake up at like 6...then it turns into 630 at the years goes by...and eventually 645..then back to 630 but never back to 6 cuz i jsut cant get up that early..x.x.one reason icould never joi nthe military lol

member_10628951
24th Jul 2012, 19:51

if only my body would dod that...no matter what time i gts...i wake up before 8 and im exhausted...

lately i've ee ngoing to sleep at like 11 and i wake up at 8...during the school time igo to sleep at 11 and wake up at like 6...then it turns into 630 at the years goes by...and eventually 645..then back to 630 but never back to 6 cuz i jsut cant get up that early..x.x.one reason icould never joi nthe military lol

Don't get me wrong when I wake up I am so exhausted. But once I take a shower I am usually good by that point. Nothing like a nice hot shower to wake you up.

member_10827409
24th Jul 2012, 20:37
........ *sighs*

member_10827409
24th Jul 2012, 20:38
things get boring every time.

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 20:41
things get boring every time.

aaawww dont feel that way hehe

you guys think mroe of Noct's family is gonna show up in the game??? like Queen Caelum? or maybe a brother,...?

Lightning_Stryker
24th Jul 2012, 20:42
That'd be sweet!

member_10827409
24th Jul 2012, 20:49
um n- maybe.. if they hadn't died already.

ZachiroEnigma0
24th Jul 2012, 21:58
um n- maybe.. if they hadn't died already.

how do you knowtheyre dead..?

ah maybe something to do with his near eath experience ht lets him see etro's light

member_10835085
24th Jul 2012, 22:06
okay we got a total of 37 days until the anniversary, 7 left in this month and 30 in next month cuz it starts on august 31...and after that a good 17 days until TGS cuz the anniversary ends o nsept 3rd and TGS starts on the 20th...so lets try to kill time shall we??

Cant wait till ff's anniversery

ZachiroEnigma0
25th Jul 2012, 14:44

Cant wait till ff's anniversery

now that we know that Versus isnt canceled who can...?

member_10628951
25th Jul 2012, 15:03
I can ^_^. I kid, I kid.

ZachiroEnigma0
26th Jul 2012, 08:47

35 days left, 5 left in this month and 30..still in next month....time sure is flying by isnt it? lol x.x...

Azure
26th Jul 2012, 10:29

35 days left, 5 left in this month and 30..still in next month....time sure is flying by isnt it? lol x.x...

Next week ,we have KH3D to kill the time

member_10628951
26th Jul 2012, 10:41
Yes we do :).

ZachiroEnigma0
26th Jul 2012, 10:44
Yes we do :).

yea only people with a 3ds..which i dont have...the only this gen system i have is a 360 and a wii

no ps3

no 3ds

i already palyed all my games and i dont wanna play any of them cuz om once again goign through that "obsessed with the new Final Fantasy game and i dont wanna play anything else until iget that game" thing ath i always go throug eeeeverytime a new FF game comes out ever since like 13 x.x...

member_10827409
26th Jul 2012, 11:05
ohhh. i see. well patience is a virtue.

whoohoo 200 posts^_^

ZachiroEnigma0
26th Jul 2012, 11:42
ohhh. i see. well patience is a virtue.

whoohoo 200 posts^_^

it is that istrue and congrats on the 200 posts andi am soo bored though.,..x.x....i uploaded all my altest youtube vids...edited them...and put descriptions....bleach tactics is boring now cuz no one is on and no one is on because no one is on (i know its comfusing but thats just how it is)

i would play adventure quest worlds but it takes forever to level up....wait...thats it! thats what we can do

dont worry its free and super easy to play ^^ well..i guess if your inthe same boat with me wit hnothing else t do then heresthe link www.aq.com/ (http://www.aq.com/) just make a acc and click play now ^^

EDIT:if your gonna go on there im on server artix and my name is seazro ^^

member_10628951
26th Jul 2012, 12:25
Shouldn't have gotten a 360 ;). More games on PS3.

ZachiroEnigma0
26th Jul 2012, 13:39
Shouldn't have gotten a 360 ;). More games on PS3.

it wasnt my choice o.o

it was a surprise christmas gift like 5 years ago....i didnt even ask for either but they got i for me cuz i had super good grades...x.x.

member_10628951
26th Jul 2012, 14:20
Interesting.

joao_neto326
26th Jul 2012, 17:04
I want FFVII, FFVIII and FFIX remastered in HD, it would be awesome. *__*

ZachiroEnigma0
26th Jul 2012, 19:28

one installment at a time dude....one installment at a time....mainly versus first ^^

joao_neto326
26th Jul 2012, 21:52

one installment at a time dude....one installment at a time....mainly versus first ^^

Haha I know I know, but I'm so excited LOL

ZachiroEnigma0
27th Jul 2012, 09:27

34 days left.....4 left in this month and 30 STILL in next months.....x.x....why must time crawl...?

and still...17 after that until TGS....but 17 days are easeir the endure than 34...x.x..

ZachiroEnigma0
28th Jul 2012, 14:10

34 days left.....4 left in this month and 30 STILL in next months.....x.x....why must time crawl...?

and still...17 after that until TGS....but 17 days are easeir the endure than 34...x.x..

THIS IT TAKING FOREVER! 33 days left...3 in this monnth and still 30 in next month...x.x....aaagh!

member_10829199
28th Jul 2012, 23:40
In an ideal world, I would love to see a BLITZBALL game made! IMO that minigame has the potential to expand to its own stand alone game. However that may be a little to much to ask, since I agree with Syn they should try and finish most other projects they are working on first before moving on to other titles.

As an avid FFX fan (which I know there are a ton out there wondering), a little more information regarding the HD remaster would be nice. It's been an incredibly long time since the last update on the release and any news would be warmly received

member_10628951
30th Jul 2012, 10:30
Well remember Japan is ahead of us by quite a few hours so...

ZachiroEnigma0
30th Jul 2012, 15:17
Well remember Japan is ahead of us by quite a few hours so...

true..its tuesday in japan right now....i wonder how long SE employees work during the day...probably from like 6-like 10

maybe even overtime for people who are currently working on games, hehe to work at SE.....lots and lots of hard work...need to be able to speak japanese if you wanna work at the HQ in japan...but totally worth it...

ZachiroEnigma0
31st Jul 2012, 16:22

WOO!

NO MORE DAYS IN JUNE LEFT

only 30 days of august!

btw my brithday is the 24th ^^

and since gamerscom is in 15days its makes the wwait alittle mroe bearable

member_10833540
31st Jul 2012, 16:28
So, what happens on the anniversary?

ZachiroEnigma0
31st Jul 2012, 16:40
So, what happens on the anniversary?

theres a FF showcase solely dedicated to FF and possibly the fabula novela crysilaiss and the anniversary goes from august 31 to sept 3

im hoping versus wil lbe there since it part of fabula ^^

Popcicle
1st Aug 2012, 11:27
Back in December 1987 a new game series began, one that would transform a company and define unforgettable gaming experiences for millions across the world.

We're excited to be celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the FINAL FANTASY series and want to encourage everyone to share their memories of the last 25 years in this thread.

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 11:52
I remember when I was 9 and bought Final Fantasy VIII. Oh what a great day it was. To this day it's still one of my favorite Final Fantasy's along with VII and X.

Oh and Robert, are you guys going to live stream the events or show the trailers live here on the NA site? How many different events are planned for the 25th anniversary Event?

LennethLionK3
1st Aug 2012, 12:14
I remember going to the pawn shop when I was 12yo with my parents. I spotted a sports game and asked if I could have it. It was the only type of game I played at the time. I came home and the game was skipping and freezing, so we took it back the next day to trade it for another game. Their wasnt anything there that was appealing to me at the time, but they wouldnt give cash back. So I did what I think most kids would do and took the biggest game there (case wise, it was a 4 disc game of course). It was FF7. I had no idea what final fantasy was at the time. As soon as I played it I was hooked and I've waited in anticipation for every Final Fantasy release thereafter. Sports games are no longer my go to genre. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

DerekMaverick
1st Aug 2012, 12:44
When I was 6 or 7 years old when every other kid had a next gen console or a good pc, I had a NES. The first game I ever put into it was Final Fantasy. To this day it still ranks high on my favorite games list for how it changed my perspective of gaming. Then XIII came along and did the exact same thing all over again. Final Fantasy is and always will be my favorite game series and am glad that we are neering the 25th anniversary!

member_10829610
1st Aug 2012, 12:57
When I was 5 (I think) and I got the SE demo discs on the PS1. I had 2 demo discs, but one of them was specifically a FF7 demo disc and the other one had other demos (Bushido Blade demo, SaGa Frontier and FFT previews I believe) including FF7. Those demos ultimately influenced me to buy FF7, and I've been a fan of the series ever since.

I also had Tobal No. 1 for the PS1 lol. It was pretty cool.

EDIT: Oh, now I remember! Tobal No. 1 also included the 2nd FF7 demo disc I described. That particular demo included Aerith with a Leviathan summon.

Popcicle
1st Aug 2012, 13:11
Oh and Robert, are you guys going to live stream the events or show the trailers live here on the NA site? How many different events are planned for the 25th anniversary Event?

The next UStream we have planned is for Penny Arcade Expo (PAX Prime).

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 13:26
Cool! I will see you at PAX then :).

member_10311806
1st Aug 2012, 13:30
hahaha....when i was 7 i bought FFVII and then even though at the time it was pretty bad compared to the games of the time.....I loved the story.

member_10822883
1st Aug 2012, 14:47
First game I played was Final Fantasy VI in the mid-90s. It, along with III and XIII remains one of my favorites.

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 15:00
I remember when I was 9 and bought Final Fantasy VIII. Oh what a great day it was. To this day it's still one of my favorite Final Fantasy's along with VII and X. Oh and Robert, are you guys going to live stream the events or show the trailers live here on the NA site? How many different events are planned for the 25th anniversary Event?

first SE game i ever played was FFX, first oen i ever watched someoen play too, the reason why i love FF so much start with taht game...idk why but i love every FF that i've played...it never disappoints me....^^ FF4EVER!

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 15:07

29 DAYS OF AUGUST LEFT!! =D

then when its over on sept3 only 17 days until TGS

but for noow

14 days/two weeks until gamerscom which SE is gonna be at

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 15:10
I like August. Gamescom! Going to PAX Prime! FF 25th Anniversary Event!!! And it's my 21st birthday! HooRah!!

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 15:16
I like August. Gamescom! Going to PAX Prime! FF 25th Anniversary Event!!! And it's my 21st birthday! HooRah!!

happy b-day!

and im turning 18 on the 24th ^^

and is SE gonna be at pax prime???? o.o

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 15:32
Oh no I didn't mean today but thanks ^_^. I turn 21 on August 25.

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 15:33
Oh no I didn't mean today but thanks ^_^. I turn 21 on August 25.

lol a day after me

hooray for virgos! ^^

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 15:42
Techniquely you came 3 years (and one day short) after me. But yes my birthday is one day after yours ^_^. Lol.

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 15:56
Techniquely you came 3 years (and one day short) after me. But yes my birthday is one day after yours ^_^. Lol.

but i still age a day before you do lol

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 16:04
Lol sure I guess.

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 16:09
Lol sure I guess.

lol but back to the tpic

i think theyre gonna have a versus surprise for us at the anniversary but jsut doesnt want to tell anyone and iagree that the only thing Square Enix did wrong was showing the game too early

new_tradition
1st Aug 2012, 17:28
I got really late into the FF series comparitively. When I was around 12 years-old, I borrowed Final Fantasy Tactics from my cousin and played it on my PS1, and I got so obsessed with that particular game that I just had to play every FF title I could grab. Ironically, I didn't know FF was primarily a turn-based RPG series; I was expecting a series of SRPGs, and when I played my first main FF game (FF Anthology for the PS1, so FFV and VI) it reminded me of Pokemon, lol.

I realize FFT isn't a "main" FF game, but it was what got me into the series, and aside from being an amazing game on it's own, it will always hold the special place in my gamer heart that introduced me to SquareSoft/Enix, Final Fantasy, RPGs, and SRPGS &hearts;

member_10007499
1st Aug 2012, 18:33
When I was in high school, I was obsessed with fighting games. Freshman year, I got Tobal No. 1, and I noticed it came with a demo of this little game called "Final Fantasy VII". I didn't think anything of it, but decided to pop in the demo disc just to see what the game might be like. I was BLOWN AWAY, and I played that demo over and over and over until the full game was released! Every single game has been epic in so many ways, and I have been completely obsessed with the entire FF series ever since! I am so glad I bought Tobal No. 1! I am a proud Final Fantasy fan!

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 18:59
Lol sure I guess.

lol but back to the tpic

i think theyre gonna have a versus surprise for us at the anniversary but jsut doesnt want to tell anyone and iagree that the only thing Square Enix did wrong was showing the game too early

I hope that's right. That would make a lot of people happy. They should have revealed it in 2011, when they actually went into full development.

Auron9393
1st Aug 2012, 19:38
The first Final Fantasy I played was final fantasy III (also known as final fantasy VI) with my uncle. I was extremly young and I did not really understand that game but it never left my side. A few years later, when i was old enough to understand the beauty that is final fantasy, I tried playing the game again and I instantly fell in love. It was probably the best gaming experience I have ever had and that is when I knew that these games were truly something that was worth a second (third fourth etc) playthrough.

From there I had a few other titles like 7 and 9 but i didnt begin collecting them until final fantasy 12. Though it isnt in my top five best final fantasies, it was my wake up call. I bought the collectors edition when it first came out and instead of playing the game i watched the History of final fantasty. Almost immediately after i began collecting, beating, and appreciating each game individually.

Now i am 19 and it is still my favorite series of games and i dont think it will ever change. I just thankful for the Squaresoft/Square enix team for making the most amazing gaming series to ever hit stores!

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 19:49
Lol sure I guess.

lol but back to the tpic

I hope that's right. That would make a lot of people happy. They should have revealed it in 2011, when they actually went into full development.

We may, we may not. All I know is by September 21 we will have a lot more new stuff on Versus XIII.

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 20:13
We may, we may not. All I know is by September 21 we will have a lot more new stuff on Versus XIII.

And you say that with a lot of heart. :)

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 20:20

I really do lol.

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 20:23

I really do lol.

if your not right...im gonna beat you with a malboro menace tentacle!

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 20:35
Oh crap...

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 20:40
Oh crap...

haha i can be so mean when i wantto but calm down, its just the tentacle, not a whole malboro...you'd smell horrid if i did that..

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 20:48
Oh crap...

haha i can be so mean when i wantto but calm down, its just the tentacle, not a whole malboro...you'd smell horrid if i did that..

Thanks for worrying how I smell if you were to hit me with that ;).

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 20:51
Oh crap...

Thanks for worrying how I smell if you were to hit me with that ;).

whats taht supposed to mean??? o.o

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 21:19
?????...... Nothing...... Did it seem like I was implying something?

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 21:53

no i was just lieterally asking what that is supposed to mean lol

wow i think i suck at using that phrase lol

back to topic

me want versus me want versus me want versus OOO a penny ^^

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 21:55

back to topic

Oooookay......let's get back to topic....and maybe stay that way. :)

What else about Final Fantasy Versus XIII can be talked about that we already haven't talked about?

member_10628951
1st Aug 2012, 22:00

back to topic

What else about Final Fantasy Versus XIII can be talked about that we already haven't talked about?

At this point.... I dont know *gasp*.

ZachiroEnigma0
1st Aug 2012, 22:08

back to topic

At this point.... I dont know *gasp*.

i know i know i know!

nomura said that enemies will have jobs like that dragoon we saw i nthe last trailer

why jsut the enemie???

in a sense..its like the 4 main chracters have jobs...

noctis is like a battle mage

ignis is like a samurai/ninja (uses katana and throws knives)

prompto is a gunner

ignis is like a warrior using heavy swords

member_10077577
1st Aug 2012, 22:17
i know i know i know!

nomura said that enemies will have jobs like that dragoon we saw i nthe last trailer

why jsut the enemie???

prompto is a gunner

You mean "Gladiolus is like a warrior using heavy swords"?

Of course, the protagonists must have their own jobs. Ignis, as shown in the trailers, is Noctis' occasional driver as well. Since he is similar to a rogue, he could pick locks and stuff.

Prompto could have a variety of guns to use from: pistols, rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles. To shoot short or long-ranged.

Gladiolus could break through closed passages.

These are my thoughts, though. Anything could happen.

Also, I'd figure the story should go something like this:

www.fanfiction.net/s/6097626/1/Lux_Cryst... (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6097626/1/Lux_Crystallis)

member_10816245
1st Aug 2012, 23:45
When Final Fantasy II came out for Super Nintendo (which I would find out much later was actually IV), I was blown away. I was 11 or 12 and it was the coolest game I had ever played. Rydia was my favorite character and I still get teary eyed at the scene where her home is destroyed. Oh, and we can't forget Palom and Porom's scarifice!! Amazing. I remember being thrilled when FF III (VI) came out, I played it nonstop. Terra became my #2 favourite after Rydia. I played VII when my dad gave me his old Playstation (yes, my dad was a much bigger gamer than I) but I never continued b/c I that broke and I never got a Playstation 2. I was Nintendo loyal. Until I "graduated" to XBox bandt was so excited when FF XIII was available for that platform. While not quite as good as previous games, I still enjoyed it, but XIII-2 really took the cake! Still working my way through that one.

I also recently bought Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and was surprised at just how happy it made me to revist these characters that I loved so much. I would KILL for an XBox, amazing graphics new game based off of Cecil, Rosa & Rydia's story and even Ceodore.

Anyway, Final Fantasy is definitely my favourite video game series... I think JUST tipping the scales over the Zelda franchise. Thanks for the great stories!

ZachiroEnigma0
2nd Aug 2012, 00:36
i know i know i know!

why jsut the enemie???

prompto is a gunner

Of course, the protagonists must have their own jobs. Ignis, as shown in the trailers, is Noctis' occasional driver as well. Since he is similar to a rogue, he could pick locks and stuff.

Prompto could have a variety of guns to use from: pistols, rifles, shotguns, sniper rifles. To shoot short or long-ranged.

www.fanfiction.net/s/6097626/1/Lux_Cryst... (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6097626/1/Lux_Crystallis)

yes i meant gladiolus...i hope theyre names are permanent lol

member_10738616
2nd Aug 2012, 00:36
I've been playing Final Fantasy since the first days of my gaming life. When I was a wee 6 year old, I got my hands on Final Fantasy for the NES after my father bought it. I loved the level grinding and all the things I could do to customize my party. Soon later I would repeat this love and obsession with FF2(4) and FF3(6). Ultimately, FF3(6) would become one of my most favorite titles of all time. I spent many hours maxing each characters and getting the best gear.

It would be a long 4 years before I continued my Final Fantasy days as it took me some time before I aquired a Playstation. However the wait was worth it. As Final Fantasy 7 would change how I viewed RPGs. (Even though it confused me as to why I was skipping so many numbers!) It's visuals had me sucked in, and story telling that rivaled any movie I'd ever seen. Final Fantasy 8 soon followed with equally great visuals but an even more grasping storyline. A romantic tail that had me fighting til the end. Then there was the ages of Tactics.. Oh how that game consumed my life.. Such a brilliant job system.

Sadly this was a conclusion of a huge era of gaming for me. My next title I picked up was Final Fantasy 12 around 2008. However, even at that far ahead, it was still an absolutely amazing game. While it took some time to get passed the beginning stages, building Gambits and customizing characters had me captivated and addicted. Final Fantasy 12 easily snags my second favorite Final Fantasy of all time, and remains one of the best battle systems I've played to date.

Since FF12, I made it my destiny to play and beat every Final Fantasy I can find. I've already enjoyed many titles such as FF13, 13-2, 2, 3, 5, 9, Crisis Core, 4 Heroes of Light, Revenant Wings, Crystal Chronicles, Crystal Bearers, and more.

Could you say Final Fantasy's 25 years has effected my life? For sure. I have enjoyed every minute of the great adventures I've experienced through each title. Love, Friendship, Courage, and Overcoming Hardships. Final Fantasy still remains my favorite game series of all time.

Thank you SquareSoft and SquareEnix for the memories.

Syn
2nd Aug 2012, 01:33
My first experience with FF was IV, was to young to understand the mechanics but I somehow stumbled through the game untill the caverns where you fought the octopus boss, and yet even as a kid I couldnt stop playing, that was amazing, then went on to finish VII, VIII, X, XII, IV, and many of the rest, but those I just listed are my all time favs, congratulations SE, and I hope we have many more FF's and new IP's in the future.

Syn
2nd Aug 2012, 01:59
i know i know i know!

why jsut the enemie???

prompto is a gunner

A very interesting tale indeed, as for the job class of noctis, I would say a hybrid of a red mage and a mimmick(when I say mimmick think Bartz from dissidia), this is becuase he can use varied weapons as well as cast magic.

keytotheheart
2nd Aug 2012, 04:21
Well, first off, before I post my "memory" I'd just like to say, hey everyone, this is my first forum post and so far this forum seems awesome and has an awesome board as well as great layout and it's official, so nice! My name is Ryan, and I hope all of you will be happy to see me be a part of this site.

Well, my memory with FINAL FANTASY, would have to be when I got FFIX, my comment on the blog post for this says more, but that sums it up in a nutshell if you haven't read it or it hasn't been approved yet. Mostly, FFIX got me into this amazing series and made me a fan, and KH introduced me to it back in 2002.

ZachiroEnigma0
2nd Aug 2012, 08:14

28 DAYS LEFT UNTIL THE ANNIVERSARY

plus 14 days until gamescom and after the anniversary 17 days until TGS

lets keep making time fly...but FASTER!

member_10077577
2nd Aug 2012, 11:48

TGS 2012 isn't until Spetember 20. That's not 17 days, but 49 days instead.

member_10628951
2nd Aug 2012, 11:52
She meant its 17 days after the Final Fantasy 25 Anniversary Event.

member_10077577
2nd Aug 2012, 11:58
She meant its 17 days after the Final Fantasy 25 Anniversary Event.

Oh. Sorry.

member_10395167
2nd Aug 2012, 15:39
Does square enix just not like the first iteration of it? I did a search and the only ones that show up is Final Fantasy Legend II and III, but the first one is MIA, and none of them are on the 25th anniversary page.

member_10027098
2nd Aug 2012, 17:33
I'm unaware as to why Final Fantasy Legend is absent on this website. However, none of the Final Fantasy Legend games belong on the 25th anniversary website for two reasons: one reason is because they are not part of the Numbered Series, which is what the 25th anniversary website is dedicated to (I-XIII as well as any direct sequels such as X-2 and XIII-2); secondly, they are not actually Final Fantasy games at all, but instead installments in the SaGa series, renamed Final Fantasy overseas most likely to do better in sales.

member_10395167
2nd Aug 2012, 20:05
Final Fantasy on the NES and Final Fantasy Legends on the GB were the first two that broke me in, played them both quite extensively when they came out.

MagiusNecros
2nd Aug 2012, 20:27
This website only shows NA released games I think. They don't even have a Lord of Vermilion section.

member_10628951
2nd Aug 2012, 20:54
Your fine dude. We're all human after all. We are all bound to misread things every now and then ;p.

midnightgamer97
3rd Aug 2012, 04:33
My first Final Fantasy game was Crisis Core. I first played it when I was 11 and I was hooked on it! Ever since then, I tried every possible Final Fantasy game that I could try and every game was great! Now, I'm waiting for Final Fantasy Versus XIII and the English version of Type-0. I hope that Square Enix will never stop making these awesome games because it's something I'd like to share to my kids someday.

ZachiroEnigma0
3rd Aug 2012, 12:40
Your fine dude. We're all human after all. We are all bound to misread things every now and then ;p.

true...*stalks versus xiii some more* no new info...damn...

so how's everyone else killing time?? i playing x-2 again with a new game plus and im playing agarest zero....takes foreeever...

ZachiroEnigma0
3rd Aug 2012, 12:43

27 days until the annniversary ^^

13 until gamescom b4 the anniversary and afterthe anniversary only 17 until TGS x3

member_10077577
3rd Aug 2012, 13:04

so how's everyone else killing time?? i playing x-2 again with a new game plus and im playing agarest zero....takes foreeever...

Honestly, I'm just trying to live life like Versus XIII never existed.

I'm also the new watcher and editor of the Square Enix Wikipedia pages. I know that's kind-of low-life, but bear with me.

ZachiroEnigma0
3rd Aug 2012, 13:08

Honestly, I'm just trying to live life like Versus XIII never existed.

I'm also the new watcher and editor of the Square Enix Wikipedia pages. I know that's kind-of low-life, but bear with me.

nothing wrong with being a wiki editor lol so long as you promise to only post the truth

member_10077577
3rd Aug 2012, 13:09
nothing wrong with being a wiki editor lol so long as you promise to only post the truth

I post the truth. I use resources to back them up.

member_10827409
4th Aug 2012, 00:13
the truth is all there is.. even if it's hidden.

ZachiroEnigma0
4th Aug 2012, 12:21

27 days until the annniversary ^^

13 until gamescom b4 the anniversary and afterthe anniversary only 17 until TGS x3

26 days until anniversary and i got a new game on my 360 to kill the time ^^ its fuuun x3

12 days unti lgamerscom b4 said anniversary and then after the anniversary 17 days until TGS ^^

VINCE12
4th Aug 2012, 13:33
I'm really stocked about this guys. I expect alot of surprises by SE underlining the 25 successful years of Final Fantasy! :) Hopefully we get a glimpse of Final Fantasy Versus (let us pray). And most likely they will reveal something in regards to 13 as a lot of reports have been indicating that a sequel to 13-2 is in development. Though I enjoyed the latter, I do not think I would purchase the sequel unless proven otherwise. A movie would be great! http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

ZachiroEnigma0
4th Aug 2012, 16:05
I'm really stocked about this guys. I expect alot of surprises by SE underlining the 25 successful years of Final Fantasy! :) Hopefully we get a glimpse of Final Fantasy Versus (let us pray). And most likely they will reveal something in regards to 13 as a lot of reports have been indicating that a sequel to 13-2 is in development. Though I enjoyed the latter, I do not think I would purchase the sequel unless proven otherwise. A movie would be great! /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

the only thing im focused on is versus....

member_10077577
4th Aug 2012, 16:38
I seriously wonder what Square Enix will have in store for us next year. I hope it's not just Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and the possible Final Fantasy XIII-3.

ZachiroEnigma0
4th Aug 2012, 18:29
I seriously wonder what Square Enix will have in store for us next year. I hope it's not just Tomb Raider, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn and the possible Final Fantasy XIII-3.

dude if they include versus idc what else they have in stores...i will be happy once versus gets here....thats all....

versus....versus....versus....versus....versus...

o.o...sorry...went onto one of my obsessive trances.....i've never been THIS obsessed with a FF game before....like...i didnt even think about getting a PS3 until recently....all because of versus....

@.@.....versus....versus....versus....versus....versus...versus....versus....versus....versus....versus...

member_10827409
5th Aug 2012, 00:06
*shakes his head.... chuckles*

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 13:31

25-26 DAYS UNTIL THE ANNIVERSARY WOOOOOO!!

before that though 10 days until gamescom and after the anniversary only 17 days until TGS

.....so close to you...yet so far away.....

@.@....versus....versus....versus...versus....versus...versus.....

member_10628951
5th Aug 2012, 14:39
Dude. You are officially obsessed with this game. It's almost scary.

Don't worry your almost there. Breath.

Update: Finishing up "The Grid" in Kingdom Hearts 3D. Favorite level so far. These levels are huge! I wouldn't have a problem with that if the drop system didn't drop me every 5 minutes. When I come back to Sora or Riku sometimes I have no clue where I am supposed to go. It's a little frustrating. Other than that everything is amazing. Flow motion rocks! The levels are big and have lots of hidden things to find! Story is awesome. 3D is amazing in this game. Well done Square Enix, Tetsusya Nomura and crew.

member_10829610
5th Aug 2012, 15:10
If anything, I hope to be surprised at the FF Anniversary.

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 15:16
Dude. You are officially obsessed with this game. It's almost scary. Don't worry your almost there. Breath. Update: Finishing up "The Grid" in Kingdom Hearts 3D. Favorite level so far. These levels are huge! I wouldn't have a problem with that if the drop system didn't drop me every 5 minutes. When I come back to Sora or Riku sometimes I have no clue where I am supposed to go. It's a little frustrating. Other than that everything is amazing. Flow motion rocks! The levels are big and have lots of hidden things to find! Story is awesome. 3D is amazing in this game. Well done Square Enix, Tetsusya Nomura and crew.

versus...versus....versus...*is watching trailers looking like a stalker*...veerrssuuuus....

wait..you say nomura..?

ah he was working on KH3D.....now that thats released...time for.....his magnum Opus....versus..to come.....

@.@ versus.......versus....versus...... *builds a shrine to Versus XIII* and sits there staring* the precious.......the beautiful....precious..precious...beauty....*rocks side to side in fetal position* versus versus versus versus versus versus versus versus versus

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 15:38
Versus XIII is the only thing he can work on now...unless he's somehow managed to get himself involved in another project (hint hint, Final Fantasy XIII-3).

member_10628951
5th Aug 2012, 15:46
Actually in the KH3D Ultima guide Nomura said he was also working on another Kingdom Hearts and that it would be announced "soon". So according to him (according to the interview in the guide) he is only working on Versus XIII and the new Kingdom Hearts.

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 15:59
Actually in the KH3D Ultima guide Nomura said he was also working on another Kingdom Hearts and that it would be announced "soon". So according to him (according to the interview in the guide) he is only working on Versus XIII and the new Kingdom Hearts.

yaaaay ^^ *does the happy dance* im so haappyyyyy x3

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 16:02

Hmmm...I'm interested to know what Kingdom Hearts game this is: Kingdom Hearts 3, or another quasi-sequel/prequel? Some people (never said me) have grown tired of the smaller games.

member_10628951
5th Aug 2012, 17:11
Well the last time famitsu interviewed Nomura he said "I think it's time for Kingdom Hearts to return to consoles". So take what you want from that.

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 18:57
Well the last time famitsu interviewed Nomura he said "I think it's time for Kingdom Hearts to return to consoles". So take what you want from that.

Thanks for that. That was...truly...heartwarming. :))))

ZachiroEnigma0
5th Aug 2012, 20:22

what??? thats AFTER versus right??? Cuz Nomura is gonna finish his masterpiece before he gets sucked into another project...right?!

*panic attack* oh god what if IT ENVER GETS HERE!!! DX WHAT IF ITS REALLY GONAN END UP VAPORWARE!! NOMURA NEVER FNINSHES IT!

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

member_10628951
5th Aug 2012, 20:30
He just started on this new Kingdom Hearts and Versus XIII has been in 100% full production for almost a year. That's not counting everything we have seen up to this point. I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to Nomura finishing up Versus XIII before Kingdom Hearts III

member_10077577
5th Aug 2012, 21:54
He just started on this new Kingdom Hearts and Versus XIII has been in 100% full production for almost a year. That's not counting everything we have seen up to this point. I don't think you have anything to worry about when it comes to Nomura finishing up Versus XIII before Kingdom Hearts III.

He probably started thinking out the concept of the new Kingdom Hearts game, while Versus XIII may be getting technical issues and the world fixed. From what I believe, he worked on it some before he announced that the game was in full production. Therefore, if this game took two more years to make after that, I'd say a late 2013/early 2014 release.

Xata17
6th Aug 2012, 04:47
((I have to apologize for my english, It&rsquo;s not my first languages. So sorry for any error english i made!))

Oh man, those nostalgia moment of Final Fantasy series games! If it weren't my brother, I'll probably wouldn't into game or know about Final fantasy as I get older. So, I owe big to my brother for making me addicted to final fantasy games! I really love each final fantasy that Square Enix has gave us. It's really hard to pick one as favorite. So here I'll list of my all memories times with each games i've played as I grew up.

FFIII(6)
My first final fantasy that I actually played and remembered as kid, was FF3(6) on the SNES, when I was about 5 years old. I still remember first difficult I've ever face was trying figure out the Sabin's command to beat first boss! (That times my brother was laughing at me entire times!) That was painful! ...When you are 5 years old that is! And chased by the GHOST train! Oh god! It was best moment/epic time I ever had as 5 years old. Now I'm 22 years old. Looking at back the day, I'm still mindblown by how amazing FF3(6) Was by just pixel, but yet full of amazing story touching enough to made me cried bunch times, unexpected of many thing turn out, and best comedy ever out of all final fantasy games that i never had more than laughin on almost EACH minute of playing times. I&rsquo;ve always made all of my friend to check out FF3 if they never played it!

FFVII
Most memories and talked a lot about Final fantasy.. Was Final Fantasy VII, It's first games ever that we (My bro and Me) actually had and saw it as almost to be "3D" On our very first PS1, but not only, it's also very important feeling and memories to me because.. That day when it was released was 1997, That years I was 7 year old, and the games is 7.. It's just, I feel like 7 is very lucky number considering all three 7! It also was amazed to see so many summon materia! Limited break, two World boss, darn you Ruby and the painful times during trying a breeding Chocobo! I love the most was Gold Saucer that it have so many mini games! I love owning the snowboard & Motorcycle I got 10,000 score on it! And not only, Final Fantasy 7 was the very first series games that I ever got a first hero and from that the day, I've been always look up to.... Zack fair. He already just become my hero as I heard the very one line he used in FF7 cutscene.. "We're friends, right?" That alone line already made me knew how truly great hero he is. And ever since that day, I've been 15 years fan of Zack Fair. Boy, you have no idea how much I was so over excited when I heard the news of Crisis core! It's just perfect what I expected it to be! And I still crave to replay Crisis core over and over! So far I think i just did that about 7th time already LOL

FFX
I really liked FFX as well, completely 3D. It's actually my first games that I actually getting all player and their ultima weapon! Was so proud of my achievement in that moment! I love when I started that games. I honestly didn't even expected to saw Kimahri in that games he became my favorite char out of all Final Fantasy X since he&rsquo;s lion and lion is my favorite animal. My first favorite aeon ever was Ifrit as well, it&rsquo;s most amazing design on ifrit out of all Final Fantasy series had on FFX. My most struggle time with it was getting three lady bug aeon & Blitzball. And I heard that there&rsquo;s planning for remake HD of Final Fantasy, I can't wait for that very day on PS3 where I can go crazy with the trophies!

To sum up, The Final Fantasy 25th years of Anniversary really did affect my life big times for 22 years. And I would love it to be continue to do so in the future! Once again, truly congratulations on 25th years! Final Fantasy truly deserve it after being inspired to so many people over all world, and really touched with many of different kind series of final fantasy, and it could be never enough of it! I think i could never see any other games that can match up to Final fantasy for many years yet have a very strong feeling touch people and inspiring. So thank YOU for create it and make it very possible to allow us taste the feeling! And I apologized again for long paragraph! I can't resist to share my feeling moment with my favorites games ever! Thank you for your times and reading this!

-Xata

member_10827409
6th Aug 2012, 08:22
Aww im the only one. well that's life.

6th Aug 2012, 12:17
Ohh want to know my 25th if my Final Fantasy Experince's over the year's ok this going be long.

Sence that day, all the to th 90's me and brother played Final Fantasy VI (III) on the SNES when it just came out sence I was 10, that started hooked me up now, When I go the the game store my brother buy Final Fantasy VII which has 3 disc huge, when Final Fantasy VIII and IX came along then X is such an Master pieces, now Final Fantasy XII Just came late 2000s Now XIII and XIII-2 just came long this year sence I have PS3 yet and I am looking Forward Final Fantasy Versus XIII and International version of Final Fantasy Type-0 Celeabrate this year for on make the all the Final Fantasy Series and each other. Thanks.

- Noctis

ZachiroEnigma0
6th Aug 2012, 12:29
Ohh want to know my 25th if my Final Fantasy Experince's over the year's ok this going be long.

Sence that day, all the to th 90's me and brother played Final Fantasy VI (III) on the SNES when it just came out sence I was 10, that started hooked me up now, When I go the the game store my brother buy Final Fantasy VII which has 3 disc huge, when Final Fantasy VIII and IX came along then X is such an Master pieces, now Final Fantasy XII Just came late 2000s Now XIII and XIII-2 just came long this year sence I have PS3 yet and I am looking Forward Final Fantasy Versus XIII and International version of Final Fantasy Type-0 Celeabrate this year for on make the all the Final Fantasy Series and each other. Thanks.

- Noctis

come the day of the anniversary you of all peoplewill be the happiest if Versus is the surprise guest game :3

ZachiroEnigma0
6th Aug 2012, 13:10

24 more days unti lthe anniversary!!

9 days until gamescom

and after all of that 17 days until TGS ^^

its okay zack jsut say what you think will be at TGS or something ^^

member_10827409
6th Aug 2012, 13:43
um i'm hoping it will be A Kingdom hearts HD colection and more of versus (a release date would be nice.) And the FFIV reboot. ^^

Randis
6th Aug 2012, 13:57
I will be traveling to Tokyo to attend the 25th Final Fantasy Anniversary event,

i am sure it will be a very fun event, can't wait to see what Square Enix will present there.

I am however very disappointed that Square Enix has excluded all fans other than japanese

in the participation for the special event stage lottery. Yo can only participate if you have a japanese Square Enix ID,
no other logins are accepted.
It may not sound like much for some but for hardcore fans who choose to travel that far to attend the anniversary of
their favourit Game series it is plain unfair and the life stream woul dhardly help
as i do not plan to sit in the hotel watchinga stream.

member_10827409
7th Aug 2012, 00:36
um never mind.

ZachiroEnigma0
7th Aug 2012, 09:55

9 days until gamescom

23 more dats until anniversary...x.x....time is flying...slow...

8 days until gamescom

after all that 17 days until TGS x3

and have you guys seen the sleeping dogs live action video??? EPIC!

Syn
7th Aug 2012, 10:21

9 days until gamescom

23 more dats until anniversary...x.x....time is flying...slow...

8 days until gamescom

after all that 17 days until TGS x3

and have you guys seen the sleeping dogs live action video??? EPIC!

Just saw it, freaking AMAZING, I especially love the song playing in the background, anyone know what the title is??

member_10628951
7th Aug 2012, 10:47
Wow. Time really does fly. Don't disappoint me Square. The fans and media NEED to see this game in action by TGS 2012 and it NEEDS a release date before the end of 2013.

member_10077577
7th Aug 2012, 11:27
Wow. Time really does fly. Don't disappoint me Square. The fans and media NEED to see this game in action by TGS 2012 and it NEEDS a release date before the end of 2013.

It would be cool if they did that, and showed new gameplay for a game being developed for next-gen consoles.

member_10628951
7th Aug 2012, 11:34
One step at a time there buddy ;).

member_10077577
7th Aug 2012, 11:44
One step at a time there buddy ;).

You're right.

member_10827409
7th Aug 2012, 13:40
that 's nice.

member_10827409
7th Aug 2012, 13:42
um i'm hoping it will be A Kingdom hearts HD colection and more of versus (a release date would be nice.) And the FFIV reboot. ^^

ok what i described didn't excite anyone.. just need some ideas.

D.VilAdvocat
7th Aug 2012, 17:14
Let's not overhype ourselves. Square Enix has been doing a rather lackluster job with their works as of late.

member_10628951
7th Aug 2012, 18:55
Let's not overhype ourselves. Square Enix has been doing a rather lackluster job with their works as of late.

Well, you're kind of a buzz kill aren't you? ;p

ZachiroEnigma0
7th Aug 2012, 20:36

ok what i described didn't excite anyone.. just need some ideas.

awww D:

its okay

lets talk about how noctis resembles younger zack when his hair is black and his eyes are black too :3 lol

and i dont care if he looks like sasuke when hes in fight mode withthe blue hair and red eyes...he pulls it off better than saskue EVER will x3 dotn get me wrong i love naruto but sasuke is a b**** noctis is a hero and not to mention created by our beloved SE x3

i dont care what anyone says *hugs a Square Enix poster* my gamer heart belongs to you~

member_10827409
8th Aug 2012, 00:14
hahaha good good.

Bluehurricane11
8th Aug 2012, 00:35
really want want versus but also want 13-3 and KH-HD (would be awsome if with KH1,2,and chain of memories). To many thing they are "PLAINING" on putting out. Im going to be mad if they put them out all at once because, well, im 13, dont have a job. gonna once i hit 14.

And yes 13 year olds can be on hear, check my file.

Syn
8th Aug 2012, 05:47
really want want versus but also want 13-3 and KH-HD (would be awsome if with KH1,2,and chain of memories). To many thing they are "PLAINING" on putting out. Im going to be mad if they put them out all at once because, well, im 13, dont have a job. gonna once i hit 14.

Dont worry about your age dude, its a none factor as long as you conduct yourself awesomely, we pretty much wont care. As for the whole games coming out all at once, I dont think sqaure would want any of their major titles competing with one another so theres not much worry there(just look at past release dates, that should give you an idea of the process and how they plan the release of their titles), if did happen though, well then I guess most of us would be torn on what to get.(okay maybe not me, I know what I would be getting*winks* (^_-)-? at Zach, Pshyco and Corvo)

Awesome Avatar by the way.

ZachiroEnigma0
8th Aug 2012, 10:12

Dont worry about your age dude, its a none factor as long as you conduct yourself awesomely, we pretty much wont care. As for the whole games coming out all at once, I dont think sqaure would want any of their major titles competing with one another so theres not much worry there(just look at past release dates, that should give you an idea of the process and how they plan the release of their titles), if did happen though, well then I guess most of us would be torn on what to get.(okay maybe not me, I know what I would be getting*winks* (^_-)-? at Zach, Pshyco and Corvo)

Awesome Avatar by the way.

awww yeeeaah! btw i has 60 dolars now..had 65 but bought yummies with 5 x3

im getting closer to my dreaam!!

oh and 22 more days until the anniversary!

but before that only 7 days/ one week until games com!

and after aall of that ^^ 17 days until TGS!

yaaaay x3

member_10086740
8th Aug 2012, 10:46
Does anyone remember the year when Square released a game every month on the ps2? I went out and got a job just so I could afford them all... Then I quit just so I could play them all. (Actually was laid off and never got hired back. Worked out for me in the end though.) Now I look at my game shelf and I don't even own a third of them anymore. Makes me sad on the inside.

ZachiroEnigma0
8th Aug 2012, 11:15
Does anyone remember the year when Square released a game every month on the ps2? I went out and got a job just so I could afford them all... Then I quit just so I could play them all. (Actually was laid off and never got hired back. Worked out for me in the end though.) Now I look at my game shelf and I don't even own a third of them anymore. Makes me sad on the inside.

see this iswhyyy i ddont trade ingames cuz you reget it later....but when im like 50 and too old to play then...i'll sell them so i can make a ton of cash! but...i will NEVER sell Versus! NEVER!

member_10086740
8th Aug 2012, 11:33
Only reason I ever trade in, is if I know I'm never going to go back and play again. I felt there were a lot of games that year that were fun, but not engaging enough for me to go a second or third round through it. Happens when you force 'em out like that. Not to mention its not very often that I replay a game, cause I have games on my shelf I haven't even put in my console yet... I stare at Radiant Historia wondering how awesome that game is, get the chance to put it in and wait... I have a new Kingdom Hearts game to pick up today... oh, well. Such is the life of a gamer.

Giawyvern
8th Aug 2012, 18:17
My first FF was the Advance port of V. I was young, and I'd never played a game that actually had character development, or required thought in battles, and I loved that about the game. It hooked me on the series, and I've been playing them ever since.

member_10077577
8th Aug 2012, 19:20

see this iswhyyy i ddont trade ingames cuz you reget it later....but when im like 50 and too old to play then...i'll sell them so i can make a ton of cash! but...i will NEVER sell Versus! NEVER!

Why not give your games to your children and grandchildren? /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

ZachiroEnigma0
8th Aug 2012, 20:08

Why not give your games to your children and grandchildren? /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

hmm good idea but chances are they might not be gamers..i might be unlucky to get kocky stuck up "popular" snooty kids..x.x...

wait..i'd be their mom.. ican prvent it whiletheyre young by molding them int ogamers!

maybe i WONT seell them once i become a old lady

member_10628951
8th Aug 2012, 20:12

hmm good idea but chances are they might not be gamers..i might be unlucky to get kocky stuck up "popular" snooty kids..x.x...

wait..i'd be their mom.. ican prvent it whiletheyre young by molding them int ogamers!

Thats the attitude XD!

member_10077577
8th Aug 2012, 20:28

Thats the attitude XD!

Lol. Just imagine: not selling your old games and still keeping them and playing them even though the PlayStation 30 would come out (whatever the hell it would be called).

Syn
9th Aug 2012, 02:54

Thats the attitude XD!

Lol. Just imagine: not selling your old games and still keeping them and playing them even though the PlayStation 30 would come out (whatever the hell it would be called).

Sadly I think my kids will be graphical sluts... by then the graphics and scale of games will be HUGE, my kids will probably laugh at what their "old man" thought was epic and cool, also, if the trends of games getting casual continues, they will hate current games even more because they will be too brainwashed by the probably execessively "accessible" games of their time.....Brats. But I will love them any way.......as long as they dont hate on Versus... or the FF series, if so, then its straight to military school.

ZachiroEnigma0
9th Aug 2012, 09:40

Thats the attitude XD!

Sadly I think my kids will be graphical sluts... by then the graphics and scale of games will be HUGE, my kids will probably laugh at what their "old man" thought was epic and cool, also, if the trends of games getting casual continues, they will hate current games even more because they will be too brainwashed by the probably execessively "accessible" games of their time.....Brats. But I will love them any way.......as long as they dont hate on Versus... or the FF series, if so, then its straight to military school.

NO! military school would make them ahte finalfantasy even more cuz they'll become "diciplined" x.x.....

send them to a square enix final fantasy anniversary party in japan! =D hehe tetsuya nomura jr. the director of FF by then =D *Dream coem true*

Syn
9th Aug 2012, 09:43
foget them, I 'll send myself there, lol

ZachiroEnigma0
9th Aug 2012, 09:53
foget them, I 'll send myself there, lol

ooor you can go with them! =D everybody wins!

and you might faint from...the...akihabara gaming central! ~.~...its gamers heaven!

Syn
9th Aug 2012, 10:08
Like I said, they might be spoilt little casual gamers, but heck, am sure I would drag the along.

akihabara gaming central ehh, will need to find my way there in the near future judging from your statement.

member_10628951
9th Aug 2012, 10:51
So... why are we talking about Syn's imaginary, future kids? ;)

member_10077577
9th Aug 2012, 11:04

It just came to that. XD

Grimoire
9th Aug 2012, 11:35
Japanese Portal Site - Theme Skins

Choose between FF, FFII and FFIII (for now) to customize the website. Amazing feature, don't you say?

www.finalfantasy.jp/theme/ (http://www.finalfantasy.jp/theme/)

ZachiroEnigma0
9th Aug 2012, 13:47

hey whats with the winking?

i have a guy and syn's definately not him (no offense syn).

and yeah akihabara gaming central is either in or near tokyo and its like a whole section of the town full of game shops and computer stores and just..HEAVEN on EARTH! ^^

member_10822883
9th Aug 2012, 13:50
That's really neat - it'd be cool if they put up some retro-style wallpapers and downloads.

member_10628951
9th Aug 2012, 14:28
Sorry I gotta problem with my right eye. ;) I. ;) Can't. ;) STOP IT. Lol ;).

Syn understands he's alone forever. He has accepted that fate. Lol jk jk.

ZachiroEnigma0
9th Aug 2012, 14:35
Sorry I gotta problem with my right eye. ;) I. ;) Can't. ;) STOP IT. Lol ;). Syn understands he's alone forever. He has accepted that fate. Lol jk jk.
aww thats jsut mean

oh and 21 days until the anniversary

before that 6 days inti lgamescom

and after all of those days

there is only 17 days until tgs

Versus....you are getting closer to being mine....all mine...my copy, and walkthrough, posters, stickers, bumper stickers, flags, t-shirts....everything....

versus...will be my favorite game ever...

FinalFantasy107
9th Aug 2012, 15:10
I can't wait 21 days. I'm going to invent a time machine.

ZachiroEnigma0
9th Aug 2012, 15:59

its 16 days shoter than when i started this thread....that was when the anniversary was 37 days away...im sure you can ;last 21 days, and besides, by the time you make a time machine versus will have come out and you would have never gotthe chance to play it cuz you wasted time making a time machine lol

21 days is only 3 weeks...wait...21 days is only 3 WEEKS!

3 WEEKS AWAY! THE ANNIVERSARY IS 3 WEEKS AWAY!!

AND GAMES COME IS 6 DAYS AWAY! =D

AND AFTER ALL OF THAT 2 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS UNTIL TGS!

THAT SOUND SO MUCH SHORTER!! ^^

member_10628951
9th Aug 2012, 16:02
Where is the Versus XIII merch? I would buy so much Versus merch if Square released some posters, t shirts, etc.

Make it happen. Help us, help you fund Versus XIII's development ;).

ZachiroEnigma0
9th Aug 2012, 16:10
Where is the Versus XIII merch? I would buy so much Versus merch if Square released some posters, t shirts, etc. Make it happen. Help us, help you fund Versus XIII's development ;).

omg they woul;d make a ton of money for the Versus XIII fund ifthey did that! =D

oooo! we should make a thread with avote to that htey should do that!

member_10770952
9th Aug 2012, 16:17
good plan.

ZachiroEnigma0
9th Aug 2012, 16:21
good plan.

heres the link ^^

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (/go/thread/view/139235/29305077/VOTE_NOW!_VERSUS_MERCH_FUND!?sdb=1)

member_10835838
9th Aug 2012, 18:34
The first FF I played was FFIX that came with the PSX that my father bought to a friend. I was shocked with the FMVs and really loved Vivi (wich I named Alex because "Vivi" was to girly for a mage, but later realized it was a mistake). My next experience was with FFVIII, the stunning opening scene was something I could not explain but it hooked me in the series and made it my favourite main series FF. Then I played FFVII (yeah, I know I played backwards), basically because everyone was saying it was the best of all. Personaly I think it's great, the best part for me was something I never saw in that time, the death of a main character and in an unexpected moment. My favourite Final Fantasy is not one of the main series (it's Final Fantasy Tactics) but I'm really glad that they were created, because it changed the way and the reason I play games.

berzerker19
10th Aug 2012, 02:30
I was about 10 years old when I bought Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core for the PSP. So I came into the seris pretty late. The only reason I bought it was because of Kingdom Hearts. Since I liked KH. I noticed they had the same company name. Ever since I bought FF7 Crisis Core I have been a fan ever since.

ZachiroEnigma0
10th Aug 2012, 09:05

its 16 days shoter than when i started this thread....that was when the anniversary was 37 days away...im sure you can ;last 21 days, and besides, by the time you make a time machine versus will have come out and you would have never gotthe chance to play it cuz you wasted time making a time machine lol

21 days is only 3 weeks...wait...21 days is only 3 WEEKS!

3 WEEKS AWAY! THE ANNIVERSARY IS 3 WEEKS AWAY!!

AND GAMES COME IS 6 DAYS AWAY! =D

AND AFTER ALL OF THAT 2 WEEKS AND 3 DAYS UNTIL TGS!

THAT SOUND SO MUCH SHORTER!! ^^

woo 20 days left till the anniversary!

gamescom is 5 days awaay =D

then after all of that the grand finale of 17 days until TGS

member_10628951
10th Aug 2012, 12:33
So I decided to make this thread so we can discuss what we want to see at the event and it's different from the countdown thread (while one is just counting down the days, this one will be for discussing what will be there). Once the event rolls around we will post all news to this thread and hold much discussions right here.

Only two rules :)
- Have fun
- No trolling arguments

Other than that let the discussions BEGIN!!!

ZachiroEnigma0
10th Aug 2012, 12:47
So I decided to make this thread so we can discuss what we want to see at the event and it's different from the countdown thread (while one is just counting down the days, this one will be for discussing what will be there). Once the event rolls around we will post all news to this thread and hold much discussions right here. Only two rules :) - Have fun - No trolling arguments Other than that let the discussions BEGIN!!!

*pouts* i already haave oone! its final fantasy 25th anniversary on september 1 x.x....But i guess we could use this one....and im keeping my countdown one so dont even try to steal that one too! xp

EDIT:....is that comment about my countdown thread supposed to be and insult..? do chu want me to kick chu? >:3

member_10628951
10th Aug 2012, 13:18
No insults intended :).

ZachiroEnigma0
10th Aug 2012, 13:23
No insults intended :).

ah okay then ^^ and im telling you theyre gonna give a release date at TGS thats gonna be sooner than people think :3

ZachiroEnigma0
11th Aug 2012, 08:37

we are out of the 20's and into the teens cuz its 19 more days until the anniversary

and 4 days untim Gamescom before the anniversary

then,..once the anniversary is over on september 3 there is 17 days until TGS