PDA

View Full Version : Keir: Release date

David603
19th Jul 2008, 00:58
There has been some confusion as to the release date for BSP, with some sites quoting spring 2009, one site quoting winter 2008 and the guy giving the walkthrough demo at E3 vaguely mentioning the release date as winter 2009. If you could clear this up by finding out the expected release date from Eidos Hungary, I'm sure we would all be very grateful.

LORD BLACKFIRE
19th Jul 2008, 04:05
There has been some confusion as to the release date for BSP, with some sites quoting spring 2009, one site quoting winter 2008 and the guy giving the walkthrough demo at E3 vaguely mentioning the release date as winter 2009. If you could clear this up by finding out the expected release date from Eidos Hungary, I'm sure we would all be very grateful.

The dates I've seen given in the most recent previews from E3 say Jan.-March 2009. That covers the Winter/Spring window you mentioned above.

And even if if Keir said "February", a simple delay in the game - say it doesn't pass Microsoft's certification the first one or two times through (some games don't) - could push it back to April or May.

TrickMyWarthog
19th Jul 2008, 05:16
Well let's just hope that there's a beta, preferably based from BSM, and a demo.

chip5541
23rd Jul 2008, 15:58
The video saying it was coming Winter '09 was an error. The release date is still on track for an early '09 release (Jan - Mar) which I guess you could say is a winter '09 since it is still winter but no. Battlestations: Pacific is still on track for an early '09 release.

You can all breath a sigh of relief now. :D

Soldier of Troy
23rd Jul 2008, 16:56
But Chip, I want it now!!!! :D

I'm excited to check the game out when it is released.

chip5541
23rd Jul 2008, 17:00
But Chip, I want it now!!!! :D

You are not the only one.

Arrow
23rd Jul 2008, 20:51
I don't care how long I have to wait. Long-term support is what I really want. I'll sacrifice playing the game now if it means getting that much more of a kickass game in the future. It's just that I get angry when we wait and wait and it ends up being a piece of crap. Here's to hoping my waiting isn't in vain.

crazyhorse128
23rd Jul 2008, 22:03
Just hope its worth all the fuss :o

Arrow
23rd Jul 2008, 23:29

Damn straight, that's one of my biggest fears at this point regarding BSP.

Red October
24th Jul 2008, 00:17

Me too. I am building a new PC for this game, it better be.

Shamrock
27th Jul 2008, 15:18
I just hope the put out the demo about 1 month early.

This is the type of game that is a bit hard to learn for new players at the start, but many people became addicted to this game after putting in the hours and learning the game.

Hopefully with a demo out early enough, it will give people time to learn the game before it's released.

Arrow
27th Jul 2008, 17:08
many people became addicted to this game after putting in the hours and learning the game.

Hours? It took me one online game, about 1 and a half hours for the tutorials and I was already beating the campaign. It took me about another week to learn the things that the tutorial wouldn't teach you.

I honestly don't see what's so hard about the game once you've learned the more advanced stuff (the stuff the tutorial doesn't teach you).

battleshipman
27th Jul 2008, 20:34
Hours? It took me one online game, about 1 and a half hours for the tutorials and I was already beating the campaign. It took me about another week to learn the things that the tutorial wouldn't teach you.

I honestly don't see what's so hard about the game once you've learned the more advanced stuff (the stuff the tutorial doesn't teach you).

Not much is hard about it, tactics can't be thought out overnight for all the maps though. Getting a team of random players to listen to them, takes hours.

raston
27th Jul 2008, 20:43
tactics can't be thought out overnight for all the maps though. Getting a team of random players to listen to them, takes hours.

You have more chance of finding rocking horse s**t on the moon than getting 3 randoms to work together.

Arrow
27th Jul 2008, 21:08
You have more chance of finding rocking horse s**t on the moon than getting 3 randoms to work together.

QFT. I still don't know why people seem to think numbers (of players) mean victory. They don't in BSM at all.

greywolf55
5th Aug 2008, 17:08
I have the Amd spider platform and i cant wait to see how well the graphics are on my pc.

japfighter
21st Aug 2008, 02:01
im guessing it will be released bettween january trough early march

raston
29th Aug 2008, 20:24
Saw this over at Play.com....how accurate it or they are is the main question.
However,2 other things to think on are contained in the info.
1. A night fighting geeko.{why}
2.100+ unit battles.{very nice}

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/6060856/Battlestations-Pacific/Product.html

LORD BLACKFIRE
5th Sep 2008, 00:07
Well, the forum seems pretty dead, esp. as far as "official" news, but . . . for what it's worth . . . http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72591

I'm glad Gamestop FINALLY put it up. Now I can reserve it.

Keep in mind that this is NOT the official release date. Gamestop just takes a best guess, usually with a little publisher guidance, and puts up a tentative date so people can start reserving the game.

LORD BLACKFIRE
5th Sep 2008, 00:09
And for the PC crowd here: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72592