PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES New Abilities?

Varulven
6th Jan 2014, 22:18
Hey folkz!

Today I saw a sentinel throwing a bomb and a reaver disappearing in some kind of 'mist' and reappearing somewere else. Did I miss something. Because today was the first time I've seen it. :eek:

Oroibahazopi
6th Jan 2014, 22:21
I assume you mean in the video because afaik those abilities aren't live.

Varulven
6th Jan 2014, 22:26
No, I did mean the game.

Oroibahazopi
6th Jan 2014, 22:28
I checked, you can't buy them in the store so it must've been a dev cheating with the console if you're accurate.

Varulven
6th Jan 2014, 22:30
If it is a dev cheat, then it isn't fair O_ó

lucinvampire
7th Jan 2014, 08:53
Yep was probably a Dev - they were probably testing in a live game to check everythings ok before it's released...
How did it look? I hope the bomb the Sentinel dropped wasn't a poop bomb :D I can see the jokes forming about that already!

Strike5150
7th Jan 2014, 10:57
Yea the devs are known to "test" out some skills on us once in a while. There was a sentinal wing gust from the air once too I believe, sometimes its hard to tell if you just saw that happen or your eyes were playing tricks on you hehe.

Viziroth
11th Jan 2014, 18:38
If it is a dev cheat, then it isn't fair O_ó

Alpha isn't a time to discuss fairness, it's to discuss working. Beta is a better time for balancing.

Razaiim
11th Jan 2014, 18:44
I wanna I wanna I wanna I wanna poopoo from teh skyz.

Kuro1n
11th Jan 2014, 18:54
Alpha isn't a time to discuss fairness, it's to discuss working. Beta is a better time for balancing.
This is a beta, closed beta. I think the only reason they are calling it alpha is because of all this "early access" **** that has been going on with other titles recently and they want to make sure people understand this is actually testing and normal gameplay is not to be expected.

cmstache
12th Jan 2014, 02:51
It's a closed alpha. They will soon be starting the closed beta, but they don't have a set date yet, they will then progress to an open beta. Try again.

Monkeythumbz
13th Jan 2014, 14:34
It's a closed alpha. They will soon be starting the closed beta, but they don't have a set date yet, they will then progress to an open beta.

Correct.

Vampmaster
22nd Jan 2014, 11:12
Hey folkz!

Today I saw a sentinel throwing a bomb and a reaver disappearing in some kind of 'mist' and reappearing somewere else. Did I miss something. Because today was the first time I've seen it. :eek:

I like the sound of the sentinal bomb. Hopefully there's a variety of things the Razielim can drop. Maybe there could be an ability that lets them work like a crop duster, but with blood (for healing allies) or acid (for burning enemies). Pouring those from a bucket would also work.

Monkeythumbz
23rd Jan 2014, 12:22
Hopefully there's a variety of things the Razielim can drop.

...just so long as it's not the bass, amirite? ;)

Razaiim
23rd Jan 2014, 16:27
...just so long as it's not the bass, amirite? ;)
pfffft spittake.jpg

Vampmaster
23rd Jan 2014, 17:01
I thought of some abilities for the Turelim. Since they had TK in SR1, but can't use it as a ranged attack, how about some of these instead:

TK crush - Telekinetic orb shrinks around the enemy immediately in front of you. Does damage, has chance of Blood Omen 1 type implode.
Immolate - I imagined the TK crush to have a similar range as the immolate ability from Blood Omen 2 and then I figured pyrokinesis was sort of the same thing. So this would be a variation on the TK crush ability.
TK deflection - Weaker version of the Ignore Pain ability, but has a chance of deflecting projectiles back at the attacker.

And for the Razielim, since they are described by Daniel here as spell binders and manipulators, how about this:

Mesmerize/Hallucinogen - Victim can no longer focus on enemies which become blurry and a drift effect is added to the victim's weapon making it difficult to aim. Or all characters appear to the victim as shades (SR2/Defiance), so they can no longer tell the difference between friend and foe. Perhaps this spell could be triggered by flying over enemies like I described when I said the Razielim could work like a crop duster.