PDA

View Full Version : Is this game being released in Japan also?

Shamrock
16th Jul 2008, 13:05
I was just wondering about that. I don't think BSM was released in Japan. However since in Pacific the Japanese are playable in the campaign I bet the Japanese would get into this game.

Though I'm not really versed in Japanese culture so I'm not sure if they like playing anything to do with World War 2 games since I'm sure it might still be a touchy subject to some people in Japan.

Arrow
16th Jul 2008, 15:40
I don't know either, but I do know games like Wolfenstein are in Germany. So long as they don't sport the swastika (Wolfenstein uses the modified "W" emblem) I don't think the German government has a problem with it.

If Japan is anything similar, I can imagine that BSP could be in Japan.

M0n3y
17th Jul 2008, 17:25
well it should be good if it will be released in Japan, now they can play the SP campaign with the Japs =)
imagine this, ur online playing a REAL USA vs Japan battle :D

Dremora Warlord
18th Jul 2008, 16:12
I've played some Japanese over the 360 version. Don't know how they got it to play on their boxes though. Perhaps they had a North American region Xbox 360?

Arrow
18th Jul 2008, 16:37
They probably modded it. Just how people here mod their consoles and/or handhelds to play Japanese games, I bet the Japanese do the same thing to play North American games.

And yes, a real Japan vs US fight on Battlestations Midway WOULD be fun.

F4F
18th Jul 2008, 22:13
Altought I'm not american, I would fight for the USN!!:nut:

I'm now making holiday in Florida...it's nice here!!:D

Ryback14
24th Jul 2008, 00:21
They probably modded it. Just how people here mod their consoles and/or handhelds to play Japanese games, I bet the Japanese do the same thing to play North American games.

how crazy would it be for some of the veterans(of both sides) to do a few matches on Live.

Dremora Warlord
24th Jul 2008, 03:55

Well, I would say that may be the case if it was the old xbox, but the Xbox 360 would detect the mod and ban them from LIVE.

chip5541
24th Jul 2008, 05:03
Altought I'm not american, I would fight for the USN!!:nut:

I'm now making holiday in Florida...it's nice here!!:D

It's darn hot here. Where you at?

crazyhorse128
24th Jul 2008, 08:04
This game needs to do more to draw in British players, I say make the Royal Navy usefull in this game :)

Arrow
24th Jul 2008, 12:05
Well, I would say that may be the case if it was the old xbox, but the Xbox 360 would detect the mod and ban them from LIVE.

Really depends on how good said mod is. It's a neverending battle between the companies who want (for a reason unknown to me) to keep Asia-based players from playing US games, and hackers who want to keep playing. Since no system is entirely hacker-proof, it's only really a matter of time before someone cracks it.

Arrow
24th Jul 2008, 12:06
This game needs to do more to draw in British players, I say make the Royal Navy usefull in this game :)

A whole new "sub-faction" would be a little too much, but more RN ships would be useful. Assuming they're not dead useless like the York class CA or have as weak turrets as PoW. PoW still looks awesome though. =D

crazyhorse128
24th Jul 2008, 14:04
For the record though, if the RN were to be in it, please dont use highly steriotypical good old posh English accents. Like many other games/films do.

Arrow
24th Jul 2008, 15:37
If Eidos does enough research, I'm sure they could hire some pretty convincing British guys for voices.