PDA

View Full Version : TDS/Thief 3 Runtime Error (XP)

chuck_sasquatch
13th Jul 2008, 03:16
Howdy Folks,

Naturally I'm experiencing my share of this right now: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: ............

abnormal program termination

Intel Core2Duo 6400 (2.13 ghz)

nVidia Geforce 8600 GTS

onboard sound

3 gigs of ram

I have no idea what to do or how to do it. Any and all help would be appreciated.

EDIT: current drivers and latest C++ crap from Microsoft also installed... no luck.

StickyWidget
15th Nov 2008, 00:37
Has Anybody solved this issue with the C++ error? Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

I get the same error, I'm running a T400 Dual Core with ATI Mobility Radeon 3400 Series.

Come on Eidos, show that you have a pair and tell me how to fix this.

~Sticky

Peter_Smith
15th Nov 2008, 03:19
Unfortunately, Eidos simply provides the forum for users. Eidos does not provide answers here. There is a technical support connection somewhere at the Eidos web page.

I have not seen this error myself. My Core 2 duo and several Nvidia and ATI cards work fine under Win XP. Have you installed Microsoft's latest .NET libraries? I have no indication that this is necessary, but you never know....

StickyWidget
22nd Nov 2008, 16:52
I've finally figured out what the problem is. The damn half-arsed, twice cursed COPY PROTECTION is causing the problem.

Whenever it goes to my CD Drive to attempt to verify that the CD is genuine, it crashes, right out of the gate. So, the solution is to download the No-CD crack from one of the many sites that supports it.

So take that EIDOS! In order for me to run your game, I have to resort to pirate tactics. I hope others find this post, cause it's NOW the ONLY solution on the ENTIRE INTERNET. ****

~Sticky