PDA

View Full Version : Best level EVER!!!!!

little miss Ju
10th Jul 2008, 16:04
In your guys opinions which level would be best out of the entire TR series, including the extra games (TRUB, Lost Artifact etc...). And this time I know theres no poll for this cause that would be WAY too long lol. So yeah, I think mine would have to be... the bio research facility in AOD or the aquatic research area because those levls just rock, specially Bio dome cause it was just amazing to look at in some places.

GeorgeMaciver
10th Jul 2008, 16:20
St Francis Folly in Anniversary . . . no wait, Japan in Legend . . . no wait, Nightmare in Vegas in The Golden Mask . . . no wait, Catacombs in TLR . . . no wait, Venice in TR2 . . . no wait, The Cistern in TR1, no wait . . . Midas in Anniversary . . . oh gee, I can't make my mind up :nut:

Spong
10th Jul 2008, 16:20
TR3 - Aldwych. And that's saying something considering how much I hate the "built up" levels of Tomb Raider. But it's all about the ambience of Aldwych, it's just fantastic!!

dark7angel
10th Jul 2008, 16:47
St Francis Folly in Anniversary . . . no wait, Japan in Legend . . . no wait, Nightmare in Vegas in The Golden Mask . . . no wait, Catacombs in TLR . . . no wait, Venice in TR2 . . . no wait, The Cistern in TR1, no wait . . . Midas in Anniversary . . . oh gee, I can't make my mind up :nut:

I feel just like you... Can't make a choice:nut:

Spong
10th Jul 2008, 17:03
You've just got to be ruthless. Besides, if you feel guilty, you can always go and play the levels you "turn your back on" ;)

kitkatt13
10th Jul 2008, 18:29
All Of Them!

First level of TR:R becauuuussseee, it's the first level of Lara Croft: Tomb Raider that i've ever played.

Kami
10th Jul 2008, 18:48
I really cant say! :scratch:

rg_001100
10th Jul 2008, 19:11
TR2 Tibetan Foothills. (Snowmobile is great fun)

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
10th Jul 2008, 20:37
1. Venice in TR2 (although i hated the dogs.)
2. St. Francis Folly in TRA
3. England and Ghana in TRL
4. Prague in AOD

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ love those.
:D :D :D :D

Mr Mykul
10th Jul 2008, 20:53
Hmm....this is a difficult one.
There's quite a few.

Cambodia in Last Revelation

Rome, Black Isle in Chronicles

The Lost Valley, Tomb of Qualopec, St Francis Folly, Palace Midas, Temple of Khamoon in Anniversary.

Peru, Ghana, England, Nepal in Legend

LisaB1962
10th Jul 2008, 21:17
Probably Palace Midas in the original. So many different areas to explore.

TR4 is such a great game, but it get the short stick level-wise because it's so blended. You just "pass through" some areas so many times later. It dulls the initial impression.

Bampire
10th Jul 2008, 22:38
Tomb Raider: Natla Mines
Tomb Raider Unfinished Business: Temple of the Cat
Tomb Raider 2: Floating Islands
Tomb Raider 2 Golden Mask: Furnace of the Gods
Tomb Raider 3: South Pacific Islands
Tomb Raider 3 Lost Artifact: Reunion
Tomb Raider 4: Burial Chambers
Tomb Raider Chronicles: Trojan Markets
Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness: Hall of Seasons
Tomb Raider Legend: Nepal
Tomb Raider Anniversary: The Great Pyramid

Out of all my favourite levels through out each game, my top favourite has to be Natla's Mines.

Spong
10th Jul 2008, 22:55
It's "Trajan's Markets" in Chronicles, Goar ;)

kitkatt13
10th Jul 2008, 23:31
1. Venice in TR2 (although i hated the dogs.)
2. St. Francis Folly in TRA
3. England and Ghana in TRL
4. Prague in AOD

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ love those.
:D :D :D :D

#4) lol, that's half the game right there....

Bampire
11th Jul 2008, 05:23
It's "Trajan's Markets" in Chronicles, Goar ;)

I don't really think it matters, as long as people know which level it is.

lara 4 ever
11th Jul 2008, 05:35
Instead of telling u the levels i love, i will tell u the one i hate which is Black Isle in Chronicles. :lol:

Bampire
11th Jul 2008, 06:08
Instead of telling u the levels i love, i will tell u the one i hate which is Black Isle in Chronicles. :lol:

Oh gods, DITTO!

GeorgeMaciver
11th Jul 2008, 08:15
Yep, the Black Isle was tough going and just the thought of going back there makes me break out in a cold sweat. Hated those levels. Extremely well built though :thumbsup:

Jezyk
11th Jul 2008, 13:21
Lol it's really hard to choose..
The Caves in TR1 - nice, raw atmosphere, and this "beginning of the adventure" feel.
Lost Valley in TR1 - if I had to give just 1 favorite I guess that would be it, the level's pretty easy but it's great, all the little caves to explore, hidden passages, pools under the waterfalls etc... and it also feels very 'raw'. I was disappointed how they remade the valley part in TRA, it's no longer an exploration area.
Thames Warf of TR3 - the first part of the level (rooftops etc) is just awesome, I adore this backyard, urban feel.
Japan in TRL, love the outfit and level design.

brandibuck
11th Jul 2008, 15:29
I like 40fathoms in tr2...valley of the kings in tr4...sleeping with the fishes in trla...peru and japan in trlegend...escape with the iris in tr5...vault of trophies in traod...cistern in tr1:D :D

Alexmac1007
11th Jul 2008, 16:13
My favorite level in TR2: Opera House
Legend: England
TR1: Sanctuary of Scion

little miss Ju
11th Jul 2008, 16:25
Lol it's really hard to choose..
The Caves in TR1 - nice, raw atmosphere, and this "beginning of the adventure" feel.
Lost Valley in TR1 - if I had to give just 1 favorite I guess that would be it, the level's pretty easy but it's great, all the little caves to explore, hidden passages, pools under the waterfalls etc... and it also feels very 'raw'. I was disappointed how they remade the valley part in TRA, it's no longer an exploration area.
Thames Warf of TR3 - the first part of the level (rooftops etc) is just awesome, I adore this backyard, urban feel.
Japan in TRL, love the outfit and level design.

Ja bym powiedziala wlasnie bio research albo teraz zmienilam decyzje, Prague. To po prostu byly najlepsze poziomy w calej grze. Nie wiem czemu tylko AOD mi sie podobala ale tak to po prostu jest... :D Ale te twoje tez sa super. :thumbsup:

GamemasterJJ
11th Jul 2008, 16:46
TR2, Bartoli's Hideout.

Jurre
11th Jul 2008, 18:16
Japan & England - Legend

hitnrun017
11th Jul 2008, 22:55
Ghana in Legend. Just a beautiful environment. I was speechless once I saw the waterfall.

Jezyk
12th Jul 2008, 07:36
Oooooh I forgot the original (Tr1) Sanctuary of the Scion!! It was AWESOME.

@ Little Miss Ju: hehe dzieki, ja niestety w AOD nie gralem (jeszcze;) ). Smiesznie widziec jezyk polski na tym forum:D Pozdrawiam:)

little miss Ju
12th Jul 2008, 12:18
No, teraz mi przypomniales/las Sanctuary of the scion. Ja tez uwielbialam ten poziom, ale troche za duzo do zabijania. Fajnie ze nareszcie ktos rozumie o czym pisze na tym forumie (nie wiem jak sie mowi forum po polsku :( ), ale tez pozdrawiam. :D

GoranV
13th Jul 2008, 04:02
My favorite level was the last one in TR2, THE DRAGON'S LAIR!!!

It's a short one, but intense. There were so many people to kill. Once completed, you enter this narrow hallway, and in front you see a huge hall. It's quiet with strange music and noises. The situation is calm until you get to the middle of the room, and that is when the dragon comes out..... Lara can jump in the pool and refreshen, but you know you cant stay there forever, you must come out and face the beast. I love that level.

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr2/walkthrough/images/dragons1.jpg

MysteryBlackAndWhite
14th Jul 2008, 10:42
I like St Francis Folly, actually, all the levels where she goes to Greece in TR1. Havn't gotten to play TRA yet so I'd probably enjoy them more there. Thames Wharf was pretty cool in TR3.

lilhanhan
14th Jul 2008, 10:50

It's a short one, but intense. There were so many people to kill. Once completed, you enter this narrow hallway, and in front you see a huge hall. It's quiet with strange music and noises. The situation is calm until you get to the middle of the room, and that is when the dragon comes out..... Lara can jump in the pool and refreshen, but you know you cant stay there forever, you must come out and face the beast. I love that level.

I also love this level, mostly because I couldn't beat the dragon until my Dad told me how he did it...he actually ran underneath the thing and blasted his stomach with the uzis!!!

That's one of my favourite Tomb Raider memories... ^.^

Also I love the Lost Valley from TR1 and TRA because of my mum's reaction to the t-rex both in 1996 and 2007... I can't really tell you what see said/shouted, but it was a lot of naughty and threatening words, I felt sorry for the T-rex! ;)

William Croft
14th Jul 2008, 11:50
TR III; Aldwych, Your adrenaline really gets pumping in that level, the trains and close shaves. Classic Tr

ihatemilkduds
16th Jul 2008, 06:25
TRI - St. Francis' Folly
TRII - Wreck of the Maria Doria or Floating Islands
TRIII - The London Levels
TRIV - Tie between The Valley of the Kings Levels and Alexandria Levels
TRV - Russian Sub Levels
TRVI - The Three Louvre Levels and Von Croy's Apartment
TRVII - Japan and Kazakhstan (minus the impossibly long bike trek)
TRA - Natla's Mines and St. Francis' Folly

rg_001100
16th Jul 2008, 06:54

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr2/walkthrough/images/dragons1.jpg

I also love this level, mostly because I couldn't beat the dragon until my Dad told me how he did it...he actually ran underneath the thing and blasted his stomach with the uzis!!!

That's one of my favourite Tomb Raider memories... ^.^

Also I love the Lost Valley from TR1 and TRA because of my mum's reaction to the t-rex both in 1996 and 2007... I can't really tell you what see said/shouted, but it was a lot of naughty and threatening words, I felt sorry for the T-rex! ;)

[Dragons Lair]'s a good level. But it annoyed me because I saved up a whole lot of Grenade Launcher ammo.... then just ran broadside of the dragon with uzis. :mad2:
Floating Islands is pretty cool.

AvrilCroft
16th Jul 2008, 07:53
i Like the level, 40 fathoms, wreck of the mary doria and the deck
in TR2:lmao:

hummingbird87
16th Jul 2008, 08:56
I havent finished all the TR games but from what Ive played Id say I like the Ghana level in Legend. It looks gorgeous and has some nice puzzles in it. But i guess alot of Legends levels had something nice about them.

Also I like the Alexandria levels in Tomb Raider 4. They had nice puzzles and also looked great.

ditom
16th Jul 2008, 09:27
I love all of them but level in TRL Nepal is the best.Short but beautyful with great music.

Bampire
16th Jul 2008, 09:31
I love all of them but level in TRL Nepal is the best.Short but beautyful with great music.

I love that level(s)/location,in Legend. :o

Junior
16th Jul 2008, 10:42
My favourite levels are Peru and Japan in Legend. I also like the Great Pyramid level in Anniversary, even though it took me ages to make one of the timed jumps.

L4dy Croft
16th Jul 2008, 10:59
Oh it would have to be 40 fathoms..... those sharks always scared me and that put the thrill in me to keep playing

IRIDA
16th Jul 2008, 12:04
In my opinion the best lvl at tomb raider was in the last revelation tomb raider and that was the Catacombs..it was the best level of all the tombs..:)

tombraider1best
17th Jul 2008, 12:23
palace midus
sanc o' scion
water levels TR2
pacific and london lvls TR3
ALL HOUSE LEVELS

Atlantis3735
17th Jul 2008, 12:47
Tomb Raider = Sanctuary Of The Scion
Tomb Raider Unfinished Business = The Hive
Tomb Raider II = Temple Of Xian
Tomb Raider Golden Mash = Furnance Of The Gods
Tomb Raider III = Coastal Village
Tomb Raider Lost Artifact = Reunion
Tomb Raider The Last Revelation = Desert Railroad
Tomb Raider Chronicles = The Colosseum
Tomb Raider Angel Of Darkness = The Lost Domain
Tomb Raider Legend = Ghana
Tomb Raider Anniversary = The Final Conflict

and my favourite level of all time goes to
The classics = Furnance Of The Gods
Crystal Dynamics' new TRs = The Final Conflict

:)

natebrooks
17th Jul 2008, 13:40
It the very first level in Tomb Raider 2. The Great Wall.
Aww, I remember so vividly the opening scene, Lara roping down the helicopter, near the hills of the Great Wall of China, jumping down, then slowing rising up. I was sold for life. That sunny day back in 1997. It was my entrance way to the franchise of Tomb Raider. I never turned back.

brandibuck
17th Jul 2008, 14:15
Tomb raider I-The lost Valley
Tomb raider II-Tibetan foothills
Tomb raider III-Aldywch
Tomb raider IV-Valley of the kings
Tomb raider V-The 13th Floor
tomb raider VI-Vault Of Trophies
Tomb raider legend-Japan
Tomb raider anniversary-The lost valley
Tomb raider underworld-The mediterrenian sea

lilhanhan
17th Jul 2008, 14:49
Tomb raider V-The 13th Floor

How can you like that level?!? :eek:

(Don't worry I'm only joking, it's just that I've got so many frustrating memories with that level... :p )