PDA

View Full Version : How to get songs into the game

laracroftlover
10th Jul 2008, 01:22
Okay, firstly, it's great to see these forums getting busier. Every time I tune in there's a few more participants than the last so that's pleasing to see. Also, I wanna thank again everyone who's helped me with my past problems, haven't been failed yet!!:)

Now, someone helped me with mastering the SoundJack, but now I would like to know how you can take any song or track, and convert it to a .wav so it can be used ingame?? I've some very good music that could be used in my new level, yet I don't know how to add it to the audio in the game. Anyone??:confused:

THANX

aktrekker
10th Jul 2008, 06:15
That depends on if you want it as background music or a sound effect.

laracroftlover
10th Jul 2008, 07:55
background music.

Driber
10th Jul 2008, 09:09
The easiest way to do this is by using windows sound recorder.

go to start > run > type "sndrec32"

open your wav file in sound recorder and then go to file > save as

click on the button "Change"

set the Format to: Microsoft ADPCM
set the Attributes to: 44100 kHz, 4 bit Stereo

give the file a different name if you don't want to overwrite the original (as saving it in this format causes a slight quality loss) and click on Save

Now your wav file is in the correct format so that the game can use it.

Rename the file (for example to "104.wav" if you want to use it as background music to the title) and place it in the trle\audio folder.

Once you get more experienced with audio and want to edit/mix/fade in&out etc, you may want to download CoolEditPro (there is a free 30 day trial IIRC) or Goldwave.

If you have MP3s that you want to use as background music, you'll have to convert them to .wav first. You can do this with CDex (http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/?q=download), which is free software.

laracroftlover
12th Jul 2008, 02:37
As always, brilliant!! :)

Thank you!!