PDA

View Full Version : HUNTER Range

cmstache
3rd Jan 2014, 20:07
Hunter SHOULD NOT be able to snipe a sentinel while full-auto cross map. Period. It happens far too often. Scouts make sense, Hunters should not.

Nomado-Coyote
14th Mar 2014, 20:56
Well, in fact crossbow have much more sense in shooting distance and piercing through half the map and\or most armor than bow. Bows should have an arc for arrows and not be able to shoot through the whole map (maybe only war bow?), BUT the rapidness of x-bows in this game also doesn't make too much sense, so gameplay-wise yeah scouts are the distance-shooters and hunters shouldn't be turret-gunning everyone from TOO far.

Boreaquis
14th Mar 2014, 21:03
Hunter SHOULD NOT be able to snipe a sentinel while full-auto cross map. Period. It happens far too often. Scouts make sense, Hunters should not.

Agreed, it's a bit silly how accurate crossbows are at long ranges, when they're supposed to be a close-range SMG-like weapon.

cmstache
14th Mar 2014, 21:29
I've been commenting on this since Alpha.

Khalith
14th Mar 2014, 21:49
It's still a definite issue. The problem I believe though is if it's accuracy is reduced too much from a distance that could carry over in to shooting up close, an issue for someone like me that is terrible at shooting even at close range.

I would say give the crossbows a much harsher damage penalty from long distance. A long range shot now is roughly 50-60, from the distance you're speaking the crossbows should hit for maybe 20-30 at the most (including the siege bow). Their dps is still too high all around, but we'll stay on topic of their long range accuracy.

PlagueMaster
14th Mar 2014, 22:17

It is like I am not the only one who get killed with that "full-auto" hunter from all over the map. It is frustraiting when 2 hunters shoot you down as sentinel from other side of map. Sometimes I got feeling that they don't miss a single bolt on me. Crossbows shouldn't have such accuracy on high distance.

HereticSage
15th Mar 2014, 01:34
Um, could not this be solved with bullet drop? If you make it so it can't reach long ranges, that's much of the problem.

cmstache
15th Mar 2014, 02:26
They DID reduce both spread and fall-off in Alpha, many of the players complained, despite it being what I thought was fair. I still think that they took the nerf personally, and wanted to both spray and pray AND kill from a distance. Honestly, I'd prefer a close range scout nerf, and a long range hunter nerf.

PlagueMaster
15th Mar 2014, 09:21
Yea it will be better when alchemist will be closed range, hunter - mid range and scout - long range. Now hunter is too easy and deadly at same time, I even see team of 4 hunters, and not only once. They now like reavers on alpha.

Omhxyz
15th Mar 2014, 10:27
What are you guys doing? :( It hasn't even been 2 days since the last nerf and you want more. I already started to doubt myself 2 nerfs ago; why am i playing hunter? Scout can do literally everything better... He is getting nerfed EVERY patch, at least wait a few days before asking for a new one. Have you guys even tried playing hunter lately? I play it A LOT and even i don't know how to feel about the latest nerf yet.

As a hunter i couldn't careless about shooting long range targets but i already started to miss kills on low-mid range targets after all the nerfs. It's like shooting an AK-47 with pistol damage and xbow skin. The nerfs not just reducing his long-long range damage but also ruining his close range which i believe is already worse than scouts, has been for a while.

Please give it a little time after a patch, cant possibly pass judgement on it so fast. Oh and +1 mr stache for close range scout damage nerf! They hit like a truck :(.

Angelos_Sanguinum
15th Mar 2014, 10:34
Hunters do not snipe, they spray and acting as anti-air turrets and deterrent factor (looking at mask maybe even as Scarecrow). Working as intended.

Hunter SHOULD NOT be able to snipe a sentinel while full-auto cross map. Period.
Because you don't want skilled players to hit you in flight, are you mad ?

cmstache
15th Mar 2014, 13:39
It's one thing to lang a shot, it's another to land 9 out of 10 with full auto. That's being said, I have been feeling a little less constrained from hunters in the air recently and trying to focus scouts. Which is good.

Khalith
15th Mar 2014, 14:53
It's one thing to lang a shot, it's another to land 9 out of 10 with full auto.

This, very much this. If they don't reduce the accuracy then give hunter a harsher damage penalty for longer range shots.

HereticSage
16th Mar 2014, 01:46
Bet you anything that the problem is actually the deadeye perk, not the base number. And if hunter gets continuously nerfed, it'll force reliance of this perk on the class.