PDA

View Full Version : Release Dates

dxfan94
8th Jul 2008, 19:37
Is it even worth me being faithful to Deus Ex 3? I mean when should it come out for 360. They're just not pulling me back in. The artwork was great but that was months ago. I'm getting tired. :mad2: We need a DEMO soon. Or some of these die hard fans will lose their interest.

HouseOfPain
8th Jul 2008, 19:52
Lol, Silly, Die hard fans will never lose interest:rasp:

Blade_hunter
8th Jul 2008, 20:10
LOL the game needs to be developed during a certain amount of time, and I prefer to see some special features of the game than a demo yet...

El_Bel
8th Jul 2008, 20:29
Hell no!! I dont want a demo out yet!! Let them take their time!! Let it be released on 2027!! I dont care!! I want it to be perfect!! I want it to be the best game ever made!! But hey, i want some news about it!!

jordan_a
9th Jul 2008, 02:27
Please keep cool guys, there are already several threads about impatience. ;)

Let the guys work and try to think about something else than video games so that when they release some info you'll like it all the more.

MaxxQ1
9th Jul 2008, 02:31
A demo??? The game probably won't be released for another year or more. The game has only been in development for a year or so. It's way too early for any kind of demo. Those don't usually get released until maybe a month before release.

As for it coming out for 360, I hope it never does, because then they can concentrate on making a good, even great, PC game, instead of a compromised mish-mash like IW, or even a good PC game (like Mass Effect) that makes me feel like I'm playing a console game. Yes, I know ME was originally released for console, then brought up to PC standards, but it still felt (and looked) like a console game, particularly the menus.

Romeo
9th Jul 2008, 03:34
A demo??? The game probably won't be released for another year or more. The game has only been in development for a year or so. It's way too early for any kind of demo. Those don't usually get released until maybe a month before release.

As for it coming out for 360, I hope it never does, because then they can concentrate on making a good, even great, PC game, instead of a compromised mish-mash like IW, or even a good PC game (like Mass Effect) that makes me feel like I'm playing a console game. Yes, I know ME was originally released for console, then brought up to PC standards, but it still felt (and looked) like a console game, particularly the menus.

Again, quit trying to put blame on consoles. Bad games are bad thanks to bad designers, not because they exist on console. But as to delaying a demo, that I completely agree with. TimeShift really hurt itself by releasing a demo more than a year before it's release, and then interest weaned and people thought the game looked unpolished.

MaxxQ1
9th Jul 2008, 04:56
Re-read my post. I only blamed the console for ONE bad game. The other game I mentioned, I said was good, and I will most likely play it again (I've only ever played IW once, when it was first released - I have no immediate intention to ever play it again). I also have to add that a lot of the gameplay of Mass Effect felt like it was lifted directly from the console, with no thought as to how it might be improved on a more capable system. I'll admit the "I hope it never does" comment was probably a bit...over the top.

The only blame I'm putting on consoles is that their particular style (or look) is seeping into PC territory, and I don't like it. IW, Oblivion, Mass Effect, F.E.A.R., Bioshock, and even Sins of a Solar Empire, all felt console-y. I'm NOT saying they are bad games (with the exception of IW), but a PC is capable of handling better designs/layouts and the interfaces of those games all feel too simplified to me. I'm not saying they need to be overly complex, but the layout of the menus look like they were designed to be seen on a standard def TV from across the room, and not a high-res computer screen 18 inches away from your face.

As long as the new games being released FOR THE PC continue to feel (or look) like they were MADE FOR CONSOLES, I will continue to point this out when asked what I think of a game I played.

I don't have a problem with a game designed for one platform initially, then ported to the other, but just like key commands for a PC need to be "tweaked" to work with a gamepad, features from console ports (to PC) need to be redesigned to fit a PC.

Red
9th Jul 2008, 06:26
Most likely the game will come out in late 2009/early 2010, so I think it's a bit early to talk about any demos, videos and screenshots.

Freddo
9th Jul 2008, 06:42
It's way too soon for a demo. The game will probably not be released until late 2009 as earliest. Not a point in having demo when most of the stuff in the game is unfinished and buggy as hell.

I wouldn't mind seeing more concept art or screenshots of semi-finished areas, though :)

DXeXodus
9th Jul 2008, 07:04
As others have said. It is way too early for a demo. Those are basically only available once the games is 99.9% complete.

I would, however, love to see a few screeneis of what they are up to with DX3. I'm really starting to get excited about this game.

HouseOfPain
9th Jul 2008, 07:58
Throw us a bone Eidos! I want another concept art, you have to have TONS laying around.:D

Red
9th Jul 2008, 08:08
I'd be satisfied with only 1 word.

SEQUEL or PREQUEL or RIGHTINTHEMIDDLEQUEL or SOMETHINGCOMPLETELYDIFFERENT.

That would be more than enough information for now and I believe everyone here is equally eager to finally get straight on that part of the story :)

DXeXodus
9th Jul 2008, 08:33
^^ Thats for sure :)

jcp28
10th Jul 2008, 02:18
If Eidos wants to give us summer updates like I hear here, then they must know that there are more people like the OP out there.

HouseOfPain
10th Jul 2008, 02:23
I think our '1 word' question just got answered everyone. new thread in a minute. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

I cant believe its actually a prequel.. at least we know now. :o

iWait
10th Jul 2008, 05:13
That's old news.

This is the updated version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

HouseOfPain
10th Jul 2008, 05:27
Oh right.

But I like how the old version starts off quicker so you are like WOAH wtf! ;D

(we're going to hell)

iWait
10th Jul 2008, 06:12
Yeah, but I like how in the updated version he maintains eye contact (since it's shot from a different camera), it just adds a whole new level of creepiness.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
10th Jul 2008, 13:39
I would love some more information but I'm very happy to wait patiently.
Good things come to those who wait, huh? ;) :cool:

Oh, and no way would I lose interest. :)

dxfan94
10th Jul 2008, 13:47
I think our '1 word' question just got answered everyone. new thread in a minute. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

I cant believe its actually a prequel.. at least we know now. :o

That's old news.

This is the updated version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

This is retarded. These are stupid music vids. Dont post these. Yes i guess your right WE dont need a demo yet. Im getting sooo bored with no new games. I cant wait for E3

HouseOfPain
10th Jul 2008, 15:20
This is retarded. These are stupid music vids. Dont post these. Yes i guess your right WE dont need a demo yet. Im getting sooo bored with no new games. I cant wait for E3

Someone didnt like getting Rick Roll'D ;D :rasp:

iWait
10th Jul 2008, 21:51
Or ButtRolled (That's what they call it).

Romeo
11th Jul 2008, 00:45
I don't need something concrete, just a spot of intel... Maybe something as basic as their basic direction for the game.

HouseOfPain
11th Jul 2008, 01:38
I don't need something concrete, just a spot of intel... Maybe something as basic as their basic direction for the game.

Same, just a little bit of direction PLEASE

Tsumaru
11th Jul 2008, 05:53
I like how the mods taught me to use the report button.

El_Bel
11th Jul 2008, 13:52
Lets invade Eidos studio.. I'll bring the multitools..

chip5541
11th Jul 2008, 14:12
E3 is next week. Let's just be patient and see what gets announced.

Tsumaru
11th Jul 2008, 14:43
You can have your patience, I would rather raid the Montreal studios right now! Come on El_Bel, let's go kick some ass. I gotta go find me a GEP Gun first though.

El_Bel
11th Jul 2008, 14:48
We must use minimum force approach.. We cant kill the staff before they finish the game!! I have a mini crossbow! Unfortunately i am only trained at multitools, lockipicks and hacking..

gamer0004
11th Jul 2008, 14:53
Stick with the prod.

René
11th Jul 2008, 16:48
You can have your patience, I would rather raid the Montreal studios right now! Come on El_Bel, let's go kick some ass. I gotta go find me a GEP Gun first though.

An active forum member might have something to say about that soon.

<insert evil laugh here>

http://mcgonnigle.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/snidwhip.png

Tracer Tong
11th Jul 2008, 19:46
An active forum member might have something to say about that soon.

<insert evil laugh here>

What is that supposed to mean? :D

E3 is next week. Let's just be patient and see what gets announced.

From what I know Eidos is only presenting TR:U

Blade_hunter
11th Jul 2008, 21:17
LOL the conspirators wants to play the game before the others :D
I'm a patient man

:D

El_Bel
11th Jul 2008, 22:57
Hey i am pretty sure we have some excellent mappers here on the forum. Can i have a volunteer who is willing to spend some of his time to help me create a map about raiding Eidos Montreal office?

HouseOfPain
11th Jul 2008, 23:21
All you need is a blowtorch to get through the igloo :lol:

jcp28
12th Jul 2008, 00:28
Speed might be useful as well.

chip5541
13th Jul 2008, 06:03
From what I know Eidos is only presenting TR:U

Eidos has announced it'll be showing at least four titles at E3 this year, including Tomb Raider Underworld. IGN reports that the other titles expected to be in attendance are Battlestations: Pacific, Just Cause 2 and Monster Lab.

Even if they do not show anything specific I would not be surprised if someone in the gaming press bugs them about the game and who know, maybe we will get some new information.

HouseOfPain
13th Jul 2008, 06:26
Even if they do not show anything specific I would not be surprised if someone in the gaming press bugs them about the game and who know, maybe we will get some new information.

We can only hope...

I'd kill for a new teaser lol...

chip5541
13th Jul 2008, 09:12
To heck with a teaser. I want to see the game in action :whistle:

:D

Anyway fingers crossed and remember...

Smiles everyone, smiles...

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/060713/133310__tattoo_l.jpg

J.CDenton
13th Jul 2008, 09:19
Yep some big gameplay videos like it was done for Half Life, demonstrating the abilities of the game with some comments from developpers. That'd be cool.

El_Bel
13th Jul 2008, 13:32
I dont want much. Just the design document. Even without the story..

dxfan94
2nd Aug 2008, 11:57
Someone didnt like getting Rick Roll'D ;D :rasp:

well no im not too happy with it i wanted real stuff not just stupids people idea of "fun" really grow up here. if I (a 15 year old) is more mature than some adult then i feel sorry for you.

HouseOfPain
2nd Aug 2008, 19:50
well no im not too happy with it i wanted real stuff not just stupids people idea of "fun" really grow up here. if I (a 15 year old) is more mature than some adult then i feel sorry for you.

well I ( a 15 year old) happens to have more of a sense of humor then you, I feel sorry for you =(

Way to revive a dead thread, btw.

pHdeus
2nd Aug 2008, 21:26
Everyone wants it sooner, especially Eidos.

Everyone wants it to be better than great.

No one wants it sooner and bad.

This Forum at its best is a resource, and could be a resource to Eidos.

My question to Eidos is how can we contribute to their success?

HouseOfPain
2nd Aug 2008, 21:37
Everyone wants it sooner, especially Eidos.

Everyone wants it to be better than great.

No one wants it sooner and bad.

Bring them expensive wine on our trip to Eidos Montreal?

jordan_a
3rd Aug 2008, 18:08
Bring them expensive wine
That is indeed the only way. The more they drink, the merrier and creative they get. :D

HouseOfPain
3rd Aug 2008, 19:37
That is indeed the only way. The more they drink, the merrier and creative they get. :D

:cool: Thats it guys, you heard it from our lead Wine Supplier himself.

I really wish we could get some news though, really! Jordan, why so tight lipped, whens the next news story?:rolleyes:

jordan_a
3rd Aug 2008, 20:06
whens the next news story?:rolleyes:
Very soon you'll find out what René eats at lunch.

Jerion
3rd Aug 2008, 21:28
Very soon you'll find out what René eats at lunch.

I hope it's not a candy bar made out of recycled chocolate...:whistle:

HouseOfPain
4th Aug 2008, 00:13
I hope it's not a candy bar made out of recycled chocolate...:whistle:

His next clue is going to be "Lets just say he asked for orange....":rolleyes:

René
4th Aug 2008, 14:11

Thanks pHdeus. It’s still early, but to answer your question, right now guys like Kieranator are making wallpapers while AaronJ and JerichoMccoy are making videos. Of course there are many many people that contribute just by posting daily.

One suggestion that Jordan had for me was to have people visit other gaming industry forums (i.e. Gamespot) to check for any DX-related threads and post cross-over material when relevant. Right now this will be difficult but before long it will be really beneficial. Maybe we can create a sort of “René’s Army” type group that goes out and spreads the DX3 word!

Otherwise, I can’t go into too much detail right now, but I wanted to let you know that something started the other day. Something which I think you’ll like when you see it. In lieu of a proper dev blog, here are two small images to hopefully tide you over a bit.

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/ares7777/Picture097.jpg http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/ares7777/Picture096.jpg

jordan_a
4th Aug 2008, 15:18
René's a monster... :D
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7991/zorgsa0.jpg

HouseOfPain
4th Aug 2008, 18:07
O.O

Rene, you bastard...

Tide me over? Make me more hungry!

Jerion
4th Aug 2008, 21:42
Is that a ViDoc I see being filmed? :D

HouseOfPain
4th Aug 2008, 23:31

*cries*

Jerion
4th Aug 2008, 23:34
*cries*

Ditto that. I wanna see more!

iWait
5th Aug 2008, 09:32
What's up with the punching bag in the studio? :scratch:

El_Bel
5th Aug 2008, 11:01

ViDoc?

René
5th Aug 2008, 12:11

You haven't seen the punching bag (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=78639)? (scroll down)

HouseOfPain
5th Aug 2008, 14:34

The punching bag is what MAKES Eidos Montreal.

Paris has its Eiffel Tower

New York has its Empire State Building

Egypt has its Pyramids

Eidos Montreal has its black and yellow punching bag. :lol:

DXeXodus
6th Aug 2008, 03:59
There is a piece of character art. On the wall. In the background :rasp:

Jerion
6th Aug 2008, 04:40
ViDoc?

Video Documentary. It's kinda like a special feature that you might find on a DVD. Except it's usually availible for download on the internet, and we might see this one long before the game itself is released.

Romeo
6th Aug 2008, 23:18
Rene's Army? Anyone else think that we're getting abused as users on these forums? lol

pHdeus
9th Aug 2008, 15:35
Thanks pHdeus. It’s still early, ..., here are two small images to hopefully tide you over a bit. ]

René,
Thank You very much for your response. I am patient.

It has been a while since I checked this forum.

:o