PDA

View Full Version : Eidos vs Blizzard - The Hype machine

DXeXodus
8th Jul 2008, 04:49
Recently, and with much excitement to it's fans, Diablo III was announced by Blizzard. The internet was, and obviously still is, bustling with talk about this upcoming game. What I want to comment on however, is the manner with which they (Blizzard) announce a game and build it up over time.

First off, they generate some or other random, symbolic image and post them on the internet to be completely analysed to pieces by their fans. The forums kick into top gear as everyone speculates on what it could be. This goes on for a while and everyone is good and excited for the big day when it finally gets announced. "Could it be Starcraft Ghost? Or Warcraft 4? Or A totally new IP?" Then they finally announce the game (in this case Diablo III) in a suitably dramatic fashion and the crowd goes wild as they decide which mouse to buy for the game because their current one wont be able to stand up against the violently constant clicking.

Now, comes the important part. The fans are in a drunken haze, salivating all over the place in search of information about the game after the exciting announcement. And guess what, there it is. A whole website dedicated to their game. Now you are thinking: "So what, Deus Ex 3 has it's own website" But what I want to comment on is the fact that Diablo fans really have something to look at. Something to keep them busy whilst they wait. They obviously had the game in development for a while before they announcement it based on the amount of media released on it. All that we have at the moment is a teaser trailer and a concept art shot. Now throw in a couple of interviews and there you are, a summary of DX3's hype build up.

Now I know Eidos and Blizzard are two completely different entities, but what would you prefer? More info on our upcoming Deus Ex 3, something akin to the way Blizzard did it with Diablo III? Or are you happy that Eidos are holding their cards to their chest for this game? I personally don't want to get dragged into the hype machine but the game has been in development for about a year and we know next to nothing about it. It would be nice if Eidos started giving us some more information about DX3 so that (amongst other things) we can have some new things to talk about here.

I respect their methodologies, and in a way it is probably a good thing that we don't know too much at this point in time. I am just interested to know what you think with regards to this matter. :)

Nanite
8th Jul 2008, 05:22
Oh, they'll hype it up. I bet statistically, for any game, hype works wonders for the marketing department with sales. Anyone remember any hype for DX? I can't, most people were still talking about half life and looked puzzled when you mentioned "Deus Ex" trying to pronounce it correctly. Has anyone seen the old teasers for Deus Ex on some of Eidos' CDs prior to the release? JC had orange glasses and didn't move his jaws when talking, most of the guns were different, ,the camera controls were in beta, and the in game footage was choppy from recording in Software rendering - not exactly a polished game at the time.

MaxxQ1
8th Jul 2008, 05:25
First off, there's no apostrophe in "want".:rasp:

Secondly, I didn't vote because you left out an option: I want more info about the game, but not so much that it's overhyped, and I want it to be accurate info.

That last bit is in reference to some screens of IW that I at least was led to believe would be the look of the game when it was released. The fact that the look was very different from some of those screens disappointed me somewhat, as I thought those versions looked and FELT better than what we ended up with.

Low-key hyping (oxymoron, anyone?) would be acceptable to me, although I can understand Eidos wanting to get some serious hype going about this game, since the DX universe isn't as well-known as other, more popular games, despite critical acclaim.

DXeXodus
8th Jul 2008, 05:39
First off, there's no apostrophe in "want".:rasp:

Secondly, I didn't vote because you left out an option: I want more info about the game, but not so much that it's overhyped, and I want it to be accurate info.

That last bit is in reference to some screens of IW that I at least was led to believe would be the look of the game when it was released. The fact that the look was very different from some of those screens disappointed me somewhat, as I thought those versions looked and FELT better than what we ended up with.

Low-key hyping (oxymoron, anyone?) would be acceptable to me, although I can understand Eidos wanting to get some serious hype going about this game, since the DX universe isn't as well-known as other, more popular games, despite critical acclaim.

Lol, my apologies for the ' in want :) It's early here and I'm still waking up.

I kept the choices simple because too many options never really work on these poll's. If you can get a mod to add that other one I'm cool with it.
The second choice is one that you choose if you want less hype than Blizzards games, which is a modereate amount of hype still. So that would be your choice there IMO

Lady_Of_The_Vine
8th Jul 2008, 05:51
I didn't vote because you left out an option: I want more info about the game, but not so much that it's overhyped, and I want it to be accurate info.

Same for me. I didn't vote because that (more neutral) option isn't there, sadly. :(

I would definitely like some more information but it has to be 100% accurate. That is important... I get fed up of rumours and unsubstantiated claims from devs (Eidos or otherwise). Its a bit like those movie trailers - they look amazing but when you watch it, then you realise the good bits only account for 5 or 10 minutes of a 1.5 hour film, disappoint kicks in. :D

DXeXodus
8th Jul 2008, 06:08
There are two options because the choice is between two things. Either the way Eidos are doing it now or the way Blizzard do it (Hence the title :) ). Which, as I explained in my body of text, are equal to little to no hype and lots of hype respectively.

Tsumaru
8th Jul 2008, 06:30
I don't know if I'm interpreting it wrong, but I'm getting this really huge negative connotation when you talk about Blizzard and hype. I mean, all they did was announce a game and give us (I say us because I'm a huge Diablo fan) a few trailers and a website with info. It's the fact it's just such a HUUUGE franchise that the hype is created by all the people. DX3 would have equal hype if it was as big as Diablo, and actually got a bit more than one piece of concept art and a teaser. If you look at all the crazy analyses people are doing on just the concept art and teaser though, it's not too much different from Diablo.

Personally I'm going to keep away from the word "hype" and just say - the more info, the better. If people create hype out of that, that's their own problem. It's not like Blizzard spammed everywhere with huge neon signs and glittery posters. It's the fans who create the hype.

As for Eidos "holding to their chest". It's worth noting that Diablo 3 has been in production since 2003, and we barely got a peep about it until now. There was some talk when Blizzard North was pulled down in 2005 and D3 got moved to Irvine where they gave the project a total reboot. I think some info about it then got leaked out, but nobody really believed it. Even from then, it's been 3 years. Blizzard did a great deal of hiding information. I think what they like to do, and you see it with Starcraft too, is keep everything as hidden as possible. They get as far into the development as possible, up until the point where they think info is going to start getting leaked out. I know I read an interview for SC2 where they said the reason they announced it then was because they felt they just couldn't keep it under wraps any longer. So now that it's out, they give us a lot of info on it. But they *do* keep things under the covers too. We don't know the story for D3 yet, we only know 2 out of 5 classes, we don't even know who the main bad guy we're chasing after is!

Anyway, back to the point. Realistically I don't think there is much difference in approach. Eidos seems to have actually announced *earlier* in the development, and given out less info. Blizzard has waited till later, and given out *heaps*. It'll be worth seeing what Eidos gives us next to see a real comparison. Personally I prefer waiting and then getting a lot - this DX3 tease is killing me. It's like "what's going on up there in Montreal for the past 14 months since announcement?"

DXeXodus
8th Jul 2008, 06:52
You did in fact read it wrong regarding my opinion about blizzard. I personally love their games and I like the way they do things. I was just asking what your opinions are about the matter and what you think about the differences between the developers after announce a game officially.

But the rest of what you say is true :)

Wow... This thread is really being misunderstood. :scratch:

Romeo
8th Jul 2008, 06:54
Yeah, over-hyping definately can cause more frustrations than it solves (if anyone here has ever waited for Forza Motorsport or Gran Turismo, you'll understand how irritating it can be to be promised the sun and the moon, and end up with nothing). Now, providing information on the current progress on the game can keep fans aroused (about the only thing Forza's PR team did right) but ultimately it means very little to the actual fanbase. Virtually everyone here is a returning player to the series. If someone sees an IGN preview and checks it out, they might get the game too. But almost no one just randomly searches for "anygamesite.com" and falls for that game.

Tsumaru
8th Jul 2008, 11:12
You did in fact read it wrong regarding my opinion about blizzard. I personally love their games and I like the way they do things.
As I said, I thought I may have been misinterpreting. Some parts sounded a bit more forgiving, but like the whole "hype machine" thing came out pretty negative. Obviously that was just in my head though.

DXeXodus
8th Jul 2008, 12:04
Possibly. :)

The 'hype machine' phrase isn't meant in a negative manner at all. Hype can be both good and bad.

chip5541
8th Jul 2008, 12:06
Controlled information release is the only way to go otherwise you end up with Duke Nukem Forever.

René
8th Jul 2008, 12:43
It's like "what's going on up there in Montreal for the past 14 months since announcement?"

Actually the game was only announced in November. :) But things are in the works. Please be patient!

DXeXodus
8th Jul 2008, 12:48
We are patient :) We are just really looking forward to seeing what the boys and girls in Montreal have in store for us.

Tsumaru
8th Jul 2008, 13:15
Actually the game was only announced in November. :) But things are in the works. Please be patient!

I wasn't sure because I came to it late - so I threw it into wikipedia and it claims to have been announced May 2007. =/

MaxxQ1
8th Jul 2008, 15:03
Lol, my apologies for the ' in want :) It's early here and I'm still waking up.

I kept the choices simple because too many options never really work on these poll's. If you can get a mod to add that other one I'm cool with it.
The second choice is one that you choose if you want less hype than Blizzards games, which is a modereate amount of hype still. So that would be your choice there IMO

What made the second choice confusing was the line, "I like it the way it is." Since all we've really seen is ONE teaser video, and ONE preproduction piece of art, I thought you meant so minimal as to be nearly non-existent, which is pretty much what we've got right now.

jordan_a
8th Jul 2008, 17:27
Let's hear Descartes about that thread: "I advance masked."

There's no better work than a secret and prudent work.

AaronJ
9th Jul 2008, 15:55
I'm sure they're done planning or are very close to it. It is summer after all.

Kevyne-Shandris
9th Jul 2008, 18:06
I don't know if I'm interpreting it wrong, but I'm getting this really huge negative connotation when you talk about Blizzard and hype.

Because it IS negative, as Blizzard is to gaming as Amway is to marketing.

I already voiced my concern for months, especially not carrying about hype (if you want to see how far it goes, just glance at the MMO genre side -- really godawful games being pushed for monthly subscriptions on top of buying the game even!).

DX3 will get here when it does, and it maybe another hidden jewel, or it maybe a dud. If it's that diamond in the rough, the joy is waiting to dig it out and admiring it; if the dud is promoted as the best thing since sliced bread, I hope fans give Eidos a worse reminder of the DX:IW fiasco, for failing twice.

So much relies on this game living up to it's namesake. The devs misread so much about the game, it's fan base, and their needs to push technology. If we get Crysis out of DX3 (all but graphics to show off the new engine, and get folks interested in the game to justify paying $500 for a videocard(s)), there will be heads rolling, as DX isn't that type of game. DX+ is a thinking gamer's FPS/RPG.

jamesthefishy
9th Jul 2008, 23:51
Recently, and with much excitement to it's fans, Diablo III was announced by Blizzard. The internet was, and obviously still is, bustling with talk about this upcoming game. What I want to comment on however, is the manner with which they (Blizzard) announce a game and build it up over time.

First off, they generate some or other random, symbolic image and post them on the internet to be completely analysed to pieces by their fans. The forums kick into top gear as everyone speculates on what it could be. This goes on for a while and everyone is good and excited for the big day when it finally gets announced. "Could it be Starcraft Ghost? Or Warcraft 4? Or A totally new IP?" Then they finally announce the game (in this case Diablo III) in a suitably dramatic fashion and the crowd goes wild as they decide which mouse to buy for the game because their current one wont be able to stand up against the violently constant clicking.

Now, comes the important part. The fans are in a drunken haze, salivating all over the place in search of information about the game after the exciting announcement. And guess what, there it is. A whole website dedicated to their game. Now you are thinking: "So what, Deus Ex 3 has it's own website" But what I want to comment on is the fact that Diablo fans really have something to look at. Something to keep them busy whilst they wait. They obviously had the game in development for a while before they announcement it based on the amount of media released on it. All that we have at the moment is a teaser trailer and a concept art shot. Now throw in a couple of interviews and there you are, a summary of DX3's hype build up.

Now I know Eidos and Blizzard are two completely different entities, but what would you prefer? More info on our upcoming Deus Ex 3, something akin to the way Blizzard did it with Diablo III? Or are you happy that Eidos are holding their cards to their chest for this game? I personally don't want to get dragged into the hype machine but the game has been in development for about a year and we know next to nothing about it. It would be nice if Eidos started giving us some more information about DX3 so that (amongst other things) we can have some new things to talk about here.

I respect their methodologies, and in a way it is probably a good thing that we don't know too much at this point in time. I am just interested to know what you think with regards to this matter. :)

I would hardly call www.deusex3.com a website. It has a photo and a video, no real anything. Now I have never actually seen or heard of any photo that blizzard released but its a known fact that it will go SC2 D3 WC4 then maybe a few more wow expansions and SC3 D4 WC5 and will repeat this until the games die. Blizzard follows a pattern. Also Blizzard is able to work hard on multiple games at once because of the great big staff they have, were as with eidos.... Exactly. Next up the d3 website is great, it doesn't just provide hype content but real information like the whole history of Diablo which I actually was looking for when I first went there, and I got it. I went to the dx3 website looking for the same thing when it first came out. Nothing. I already am predicting the argument play the games to figure out the story but lets face it we all don't have all the time in the world to play the same game more than once or twice. Anyways I had to replay DX1 and 2 to get a fresh reminder of how the games happened. I play so many games I cant remember how the story for every game goes exactly... Thats why the d3 website owns the dx3 website. As well as it seems that eidos is trying to BUILD up hype but is failing hard, they release a trailer thats VERY mysterious Throw up one photo on there website and a forum for discussion, thats like hype beg city, After DX2 people hate the series and think its either a waste of time or don't even know of it. Were blizzard releases full content to HOLD the user over. Eidos releases tid bits to get the talk going... Then again I think eidos listens more then blizzard as well but that doesn't say much.

jcp28
10th Jul 2008, 02:36
^

Let's not get too impatient now. The best I can see, Eidos will probably throw us little bits of the game every few months, each time, revealing a little more of what it'll be about. And we should hopefully have a halfway decent idea by the time it's released. I don't think Eidos wants another IW. So they naturally want to be careful with what they do leak. This isn't a franchise they want to mess up with another terrible title.

DXeXodus
10th Jul 2008, 04:40
I don't think Eidos wants another IW. So they naturally want to be careful with what they do leak. This isn't a franchise they want to mess up with another terrible title.

I agree. I think Eidos are playing this one safe in the sense that they don't want us to get the wrong impression too early on. This often can happen when developers release early level and character screenshots and information which end up changing completely by the end of the development cycle. I remember when they were hyping Deus Ex 2 with screenshots. It had a beautiful hud that was very similar to that of the original and the levels looked good. Then the game came out and look what we got... something completely different which disappointed many people.

There are defiinitely two sides to this coin. And I dont know which one I prefer. I think it is better to be conservative in this regard rather than give the fans everything before the game even comes out. But on the other hand, it would be nice to see what it looks like so far.

The widow's son
10th Jul 2008, 05:41
Something I didn't like was with Splintercell : Conviction. The first trailer I saw had awesome footage and created the impression that the game was near completion. They also announced in the trailer that the game would be released end of 2007. Now if you go to their site it says late 2008 or early 2009 ? Very frustrating :mad2:

AaronJ
10th Jul 2008, 23:26
Its easy to compare the hype. Look at both sites. Which one looks like its trying harder?

Diablo III (http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/)

Deus Ex 3 (http://www.deusex3.com/)

I trust that Eidos Montreal have something huge and amazing prepared for this summer, but until then, Blizzard has diverted my attention successfully, as I'm sure they've done with many, many people.

Oh by the way, a message to all of the smartasses of this forum, being excited for Diablo III does not make me any less of a fan than you are.

Romeo
11th Jul 2008, 00:27
Ultimately, does the quality of this site affect your decision to buy the game? Eidos doesn't really have to worry too much. The chances of them suddenly attracting a large group of people who've never played the game are probably quite slim, and the faithful people here already know the history, which is probably the only garaunteed information they could give us at the moment.

AaronJ
11th Jul 2008, 15:26
I'm talking in terms of content, and which one looks like its trying harder to grab our attention.

Oh, and here are some other games that could potentially snatch the hype away:

Red Faction 3
--They promise to learn from their Red Faction II mistakes. And those mistakes being everything Red Faction II was (excluding GeoMod).

Starcraft 2
--This would be on the bottom of the list.

Serious Sam 3
--New engine, more seriousness

Freedom Fighters 2
--As soon as anything is announced on Freedom Fighters 2, most of my attention will divert to that.

Hitman 5
--I didn't like Blood Money a lot, but Silent Assassin is still one of the best games I've ever played.

Tomb Raider: Underworld
--More like an "ehhh, I'll buy it when its $20".

Saw: The Video Game
--Interesting...

Ninja Gold
--Warren Spector and John Woo, and there will be a movie.

Doom 4
--Must include duct tape for the flashlights.

A Crysis prequel
--One way I can see them navigating around that terribly cliche alien plot.

Crysis 3 (After Warhead)
--The other way I can see them getting around the alien plot.

Deus
13th Jul 2008, 22:04
The way i see it is if information on a game isn't being "leaked" at all, either they are scared of fans not liking what they have planned and want to keep everything secret and encourage people to buy the game to find out, in which they already make a large sum of money due to the fact that Deus Ex does have a very large fan base. OR, they still aren't entirely sure on where everything is going and what the foundations of the game really is, which makes sense as all we go is a Teaser and a Concept Art, the Teaser doesn't really give us much and the Concept Art is similar to what i remember of Deus Ex 2.

Give us more media to let us know that everything is going in the right direction! Think about it, Perfect Dark Zero was a secret until release, to which is was an appalling game and even though the sales were sky high, the Perfect Dark franchise was ultimately destroyed because of it. Fallout 3 is another example i will explain, they are giving too much media, which is basically describing everything that Elder Scrolls is except "With Guns", i do believe that i no longer have the intention of buying Fallout 3 anymore because it is not what it should be. And now, Diablo 3!!! I am quite possibly the most excited person about this, honestly, there was almost tears... They are giving us Media, but only enough to makes us want more, the game IS true to its legacy and i can't pick out anything wrong with it (Except replacement of the almighty Necromancer with the Witch Doctor <= Blatantly taken from World Of Warcraft). But even still, it's not enough to place a notch on the title.

In summary, we need media or we will lose interest, even though i absolutely adore Deus Ex and everything it is. However, too much media is bad, especially if the game isn't true to everything it should be. And God forbid, i beg you not to jump onto the dissappointment bandwagon! Do not show us "one time" things within the game that is really awesome in a way that makes us think there is so much more!!! IT MAKES ME WANT TO KICK PUPPIES IN THE TEETH! Anyway, i won't rant, now is not the time or the place. I beg of you, make Deus Ex 3 be a game i can enjoy for at least 12 years, just like the Diablo Series has served me so far and will now promise to serve me many more.

Freddo
14th Jul 2008, 00:20
I'm very interested in Deus Ex 3. I will spend time searching the net for more information as time passes. But at the same time, I don't really want any information cause I want the game to be a "new" experience. I just want to know about general gameplay features and general locations and the overall style of the game. But that's it. As soon it goes into more spoilerish information, I don't really want any of it.

A good thing with the original Deus Ex, is that I wasn't into the hype at all, until I had played the demo and had to wait 2ish months for it to be released here in Europe.

In any case, no matter what Eidos do, they can't beat the hype machine that Blizzard (and Valve) have. They are the most popular PC developers by far, and everything they do will create an extreme amount of hype by their fanboys.

Necros
14th Jul 2008, 10:46
I want more! :cool: But also not too much, some new pictures now and then, a couple of interviews, previews every couple of months (like 4-5), to see how the game's progressing. :)

jamesthefishy
14th Jul 2008, 14:45
Its easy to compare the hype. Look at both sites. Which one looks like its trying harder?

Diablo III (http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/)

Deus Ex 3 (http://www.deusex3.com/)

I trust that Eidos Montreal have something huge and amazing prepared for this summer, but until then, Blizzard has diverted my attention successfully, as I'm sure they've done with many, many people.

Oh by the way, a message to all of the smartasses of this forum, being excited for Diablo III does not make me any less of a fan than you are.

Its not trying to get hype its release a DECENT website in which will give out actual information. DX3's website looks like its trying to get hype because it just puts up a forum and media, where D3 has Media, content and full information about the game where people can catch up, refresh and learn some new things. Where dx3 is heres some media, please create hype on the forums.

Tsumaru
15th Jul 2008, 00:46
As an irony, all the hype from D3 comes just from the announcement. Then they watch the gameplay trailer and everything, and they start *****ing and moaning about everything they hate in the game. They see the new vibrant 3D art and start complaining that it's not "gritty" like D1 and D2! THEY WANT THE TECHNOLOGICALLY INFERIOR GRIT. And then they see the new Witch Doctor class and ***** and moan about how that means they will replace their beloved Necromancer, and the WD sucks and whine whine whine.

I think hype comes entirely from the fanbase. "More hype" just means "larger fanbase". The material given by the developers just allows people to lose some of their hype if they don't like what they see, but attempts to sustain the hype by giving them something to feed off.

DXeXodus
15th Jul 2008, 03:44
I think hype comes entirely from the fanbase. "More hype" just means "larger fanbase". The material given by the developers just allows people to lose some of their hype if they don't like what they see, but attempts to sustain the hype by giving them something to feed off.

Nice synopsis. It is so true that media releases can spark outrage amongst the fans. Imagine if Eidos released some information now stating that universal ammo will be used in the new game :eek: . Fans would erupt in violent protest over it and this would result in overall unhappiness (except among those that like it for some reason of course).

I think Eidos just needs to be careful, firstly (and most importantly) with it's design decisions, and secondly, in the way that they leak information out to the masses. The way they are doing it now is OK, maybe a little bit more information would be good so that we could have something new to talk about, but currently it is fine.

It would be nice however if they update the Deus Ex 3 site continuously as they release new information and media, This will make it a database containing everything that we need to know about the upcoming DX game as well as all the info that has been released about it thus far.

gamer0004
15th Jul 2008, 15:20
(except among those that like it for some reason of course).
Impossible. :rasp:

DXeXodus
16th Jul 2008, 03:49
Impossible. :rasp:

That's what I thought. But there are some crazies out there :nut:

AaronJ
16th Jul 2008, 23:20
Nice synopsis. It is so true that media releases can spark outrage amongst the fans. Imagine if Eidos released some information now stating that universal ammo will be used in the new game :eek: . Fans would erupt in violent protest over it and this would result in overall unhappiness (except among those that like it for some reason of course).

Or if it was announced as a prequel.

DXeXodus
17th Jul 2008, 03:46
Or if it was announced as a prequel.

I would be happy for one if it was a prequel as there is less chance of them making it star-trekkish.

AaronJ
17th Jul 2008, 14:09
Whatever, nothing we say about the story matters much anymore. They must have it written by now. Any day we will get the "big updates".

DXeXodus
18th Jul 2008, 03:44
Any day we will get the "big updates".

It will be a beautiful day :D

Tracer Tong
18th Jul 2008, 22:21
It will be a beautiful day :D

It will be the greatest day ever! Rainbows will show all over the world, and general happiness fill our entire world as information flows out of the closed castle in Montreal. :rasp:

gamer0004
19th Jul 2008, 05:04
Ice caps will stop melting instantly.

When Eidos finally gives us DX3

minus0ne
20th Jul 2008, 10:02
Blizzard only announced Diablo 3 when they were already far into development, in that regard, they're hyping it much less than DX3, or at least much later. I'd prefer it if they keep most of the info to themselves until at least it's somewhat definitive, and DX3 won't be a heap of broken promises.

Assasin's Creed looked great on screenshots and previews, but in reality, it was utter crap. Truly a game designed solely to ride the wave of hype and fool people into buying it. I hope DX3 won't be like that.

Romeo
20th Jul 2008, 10:32
Ice caps will stop melting instantly.

When Eidos finally gives us DX3

Man we should should do a DX3 Hoedown. lol

Romeo
20th Jul 2008, 10:34
Blizzard only announced Diablo 3 when they were already far into development, in that regard, they're hyping it much less than DX3, or at least much later. I'd prefer it if they keep most of the info to themselves until at least it's somewhat definitive, and DX3 won't be a heap of broken promises.

Assasin's Creed looked great on screenshots and previews, but in reality, it was utter crap. Truly a game designed solely to ride the wave of hype and fool people into buying it. I hope DX3 won't be like that.

I just beat it... I don't know, I didn't mind it. Some decent plot twists and it did really push the envellop in a truly 3D open world. And it wasn't that over-hyped, because Ubisoft is debating on if making a sequel would be econimically sensible.

AaronJ
20th Jul 2008, 11:58

It may be on the road to a heap of broken promises if we don't get our updates this summer.

jordan_a
20th Jul 2008, 14:36
It may be on the road to a heap of broken promises if we don't get our updates this summer.There have been no promises, just let them do what they want. The later the better, try to think of something else than games. :D

AaronJ
20th Jul 2008, 15:13
Kissing ass doesn't make it all better. They told us there would be releases this summer.

jcp28
20th Jul 2008, 19:39
^

Let us hope. If it's gonna be finished by first half of 2009, then we should hope to see some things by this summer, if not sooner.

DXeXodus
21st Jul 2008, 03:53
^

Let us hope. If it's gonna be finished by first half of 2009, then we should hope to see some things by this summer, if not sooner.

Hell, I'm happy to wait until Q4 2009, Q1 2010 for this game but only if that time is used to make it an excellent one.

Romeo
21st Jul 2008, 05:43
Arn't we already IN summer? And besides, surely some details have already been finalized, such as where it falls chronologically, or the protagonist's background, or SOMETHING. lol

Tsumaru
21st Jul 2008, 14:00
It's winter on my side of the world. But last I checked nobody cared about what time of the year it was for us. =/

Romeo
22nd Jul 2008, 03:59
If it makes you feel any better, I care about your cars. lol

DXeXodus
22nd Jul 2008, 04:17
It's winter on my side of the world. But last I checked nobody cared about what time of the year it was for us. =/

Don't worry, It's winter here in Cape Town too. So I care about what time of the year it is for you because it is the same for me :D

I despise cold weather.

Tsumaru
22nd Jul 2008, 04:50
If it makes you feel any better, I care about your cars. lol

That's all I ask. That and you join our Vegemite Appreciation Society.

Romeo
23rd Jul 2008, 07:59
...Does that mean I can't eat meat?

Tsumaru
23rd Jul 2008, 13:01
Oh no, that's not at all what it means. All you're required to do is APPRECIATE vegemite. That is - appreciate how ridiculously nasty it is, and yet how it still manages to get such a large consumer base.

DXeXodus
23rd Jul 2008, 15:25
Even though this is such a stimulating conversation may we please return to the topic.