PDA

View Full Version : no cutscenes in thief 3

Hippy
6th Jul 2008, 14:06
One year ago i bought Thief deadly shadows and i stopped playing because the cutscenes stopped working after a few missions.

After buying a new computer i decided to reinstall this wonderfull game but surprise ! The cutscenes still don't work on this computer ! :mad2:

I reinstalled the indeo codecs and i even tried the tip for the thief 2 cutscenes i saw in the faq but it still don't work.

What can i do ? I'm running out of ideas.

I don't want to give up this game again i hope somebody can help me.
Please !

(I'm french so i'm sorry about my eventual writing mistakes)

mattmanr
6th Jul 2008, 22:15
hmm well i'm not too technical with this stuff but maybe your game had an error in it to begin with. was there a certain point (certain level or mission) that they stopped working? does it always happen at that same point or they dont work whatsoever?

Hippy
7th Jul 2008, 08:41
When i played the game one year ago the cutscenes stopped working after the first meeting with the guardians ( third day ). I can remember that. But this time there is just no cutscenes at all ( even the eidos presentation).

I have some new infos anyway : i saw that i can't open the videos by myself my media player or anything so i think it's a problem with the codecs.

I'm gonna try to install some new codec packs but i'm not very optimist.

Thank you for reply anyway Mattmanr !

Hippy
7th Jul 2008, 10:06
I did it !

I reinstalled the game and everything seems to work now.
The cutscenes couldn't work because i modified the DEFAULT.INI to translate the game in french.

Now i can finish the game but in english.

mattmanr
7th Jul 2008, 14:42
sometimes that's all you really need is a good reinstall ;)

Hippy
7th Jul 2008, 20:13
Yep you said it !

I remodified the .ini and the cutscenes are still working so i can play the game normally and in french !

I can now enjoy the game after all even if i'm a bit late.