Last hopes for a decent game.

Deus ex
Half-Life
Diablo 3
Warcraft 4 - Rumored
Spore
Left For Dead
Mafia 2

Sorry I might be forgetting one or two. what are your last hopes?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
5th Jul 2008, 18:05
Sorry, I don't understand this thread. :o

Is it just like the Top Ten games thread... and other ones? :confused:

gh0s7
5th Jul 2008, 20:26
Deus Ex 3
Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Fallout 3
Diablo 3
Starcraft 2
Spore
Dragon Age

These are all that I can think of, right now.

HouseOfPain
5th Jul 2008, 20:49
I dont have high hopes for DE3, mostly because there is a 80% chance it will bomb, and I dont want to fall into depression :(

Kevyne-Shandris
5th Jul 2008, 21:24
I dont have high hopes for DE3, mostly because there is a 80% chance it will bomb, and I dont want to fall into depression :(

The "cure" is not getting over hyped. And when the publisher starts to really promote the game, to keep the feet on the ground. Bite the hype apple, true you can have the juiciest bite, but there's a big chance of getting a mouthful of worms (or a reminder of an e-v-i-l snake trying to sell you that this is "kewl"; "new"; and "improved").

DX will be difficult to be resurrected. It's one of the last old school games produced (when content was king, not just visuals). Why the expectations are so low, knowing it's almost impossible to bring such content back (almost, but a good 80% probability DX3 will be like the F.E.A.R. franchise -- wanting mass sells, over content, and content 15 year-olds prefer [slap a M+ label on it, and it's like they flock to such titles thinking it'll make them more mature. Slap a T+ label on it, the maturity of the game's community actually increases]).

So, don't sweat it.

GruntOwner
5th Jul 2008, 22:11
Mass Effect 2 & 3
DX3
Diablo 3
FallOut 3
Halo Wars
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Gears of War 2 has some potential if they give it a matchmaking option
Dragon Age
Dawn of War 2
Not knowing anything about it, I'm going to approach Highlander with caution
WH40K Online could be interesting
Thief 4, but only because I've heard that it makes a good stealth license and I don't really like Splinter Cell

jcp28
6th Jul 2008, 01:20
The truth is, I'm not really that much into video games anymore. Partly because I've got more important things to worry about, but also because I started to feel like I was wasting my life while playing Diablo II for example
That said, I might get Diablo III one day if I feel there are no other worthy RPGs that I can get around to play.

HouseOfPain
6th Jul 2008, 02:53
The "cure" is not getting over hyped. And when the publisher starts to really promote the game, to keep the feet on the ground. Bite the hype apple, true you can have the juiciest bite, but there's a big chance of getting a mouthful of worms (or a reminder of an e-v-i-l snake trying to sell you that this is "kewl"; "new"; and "improved").

DX will be difficult to be resurrected. It's one of the last old school games produced (when content was king, not just visuals). Why the expectations are so low, knowing it's almost impossible to bring such content back (almost, but a good 80% probability DX3 will be like the F.E.A.R. franchise -- wanting mass sells, over content, and content 15 year-olds prefer [slap a M+ label on it, and it's like they flock to such titles thinking it'll make them more mature. Slap a T+ label on it, the maturity of the game's community actually increases]).

So, don't sweat it.

Alright.... alright -sigh-

I just dont want this to mess up..

(YOU BROUGHT UP FEAR AGAIN :D)

Coliphorbs
6th Jul 2008, 14:27
Fallout 3 is a train-wreck. Don't build up your hopes on it.

Thank you, Todd Howard, for not only destroying The Elder Scrolls series, but now Fallout as well.

Blade_hunter
6th Jul 2008, 14:51
I hope DX 3 will be better than DX 1, because I don't want the sequel/prequel or what ever becomes a snowblind or DX 2.
Some ideas of theses games are interesting, but they removes some interesting things of DX.
For me DX is one of the last games that will seduce the players, by its gameplay, its rich content and it's hybrid playstyle

Rare are the games that will propose always much content.