PDA

View Full Version : How You Met Lara

Rachie
2nd Jul 2008, 06:56
This is just a fun, reminescing thread on how you first heard about Lara and her famous Tomb Raiding.

My story begins on a birthday party at a friends place, when I was 6 years old. We were going to watch a video (not a dvd, of course) and that video was the first TR movie. Most of you would say that's not really a great intro to Miss Croft, but it worked wonders to my six year old mind. The other kids weren't that fussed, and ended up playing a game outside, but I stayed in front of the tv, completely mesmerised.

A few years later (I think I was 10), I had seen the other TR movies, but otherwise I didn't know much at all about TR. I was very into video gaming though, and one day I went out and bought a LOTR game. When I started playing it, I was very bored of it, and stopped a mere ten minutes after playing it. Then when I went to play again later that day, the game refused to load, much to my happieness, as this meant I could go and exchange it for another game.

So I went back to the store, stammered to the clerk about what was wrong with the game (I was extremely shy, today being no exception) and went to go and choose another game. I was tossing up between a Charlie's Angels game (yes, I know. I was young though!!) and a dragonish game I can't remember, when I saw TR, AoD. I of course loved the movies and Lara, so I decided to buy the game.

I LOVED it, and still do. I was captivated by Lara and her new adventure, and was very pleased with the animation (and so began my dream of working with CD as an animator) and astonished by the story.

A few years after (13 now) I went on a trip to New Caledonia as a French class thing at school, and my friend told me about Legend. I had no idea that there were MORE TR games, and this was very pleasing to hear. So of course, I hastened to buy it.

And now at 15, here I am, still a very devoted fan. I look foward to playing more TR in the future with Lara, and (hopefully) to help in the creation of her next adventures.

Wow. So that's my story. Please, tell us yours! :rolleyes:

Singstar90210
2nd Jul 2008, 07:51
Loved your story! It might be a lot more interesting than mine! :D

Well, like you, I was about 5 or 6 when the first game came out. My dad was into computers and one day he took me to CompUSA. I had no clue about the game until I came across one computer that played one of the levels. I didn't have any gaming experience, but as soon as I threw my first flare (which I actually thought was a firecracker at the time! :lol: ), I became hooked.

Fast forward and it was movie time. I loved the Tomb Raider movies. Though the second one (Cradle of Life) was critiqued a lot, I actually liked it because of the dramatic yet sad ending. I admit, Lara does deserve a bit of romance, don't you think? Don't worry, I'm a fellow gamer with different opinions.:rolleyes:

Anyway, despite the hint that I have played the first game, I didn't actually own one TR game until Legend came out. I viewed the storyline of AoD through YouTube and it was lovely. I used all the money in my fye gift card on Legend. Anniversary surprisingly came out on my fifteenth birthday and I bought it as a little birthday present. Now I'm happy I met Lara and I am excited about her next-gen entrance into Underworld! :D

I've got my dad hooked on the movies and my older brother hooked to the video games. I'm thinking of making a Tomb Raider club at my school because I found a lot of people who loved the first game!

rg_001100
2nd Jul 2008, 08:48
I've got my dad hooked on the movies and my older brother hooked to the video games. I'm thinking of making a Tomb Raider club at my school because I found a lot of people who loved the first game!

Wow... that would be need... and weird. I doubt my school would have enough people who like tomb raider to do that...

The memory I have of first seeing Tomb Raider was probably ages ago watching my brother (and his friend) play the first bit of the first level of Tomb Raider 2... I thought it was pretty cool (shooting tigers & swimming....)

Didn't play any 'till the end of last year... and started with Legend.

Not quite the blockbusters of a post the previous two were....

TwinPistols
2nd Jul 2008, 10:03
I see everyone hear started to love Tomb Raider very young!
I'm not exception. I remember watching my sister playing my cousin's TR3, and later TR1 and i loved the game. I couldn't play it that time 'cause it was very hard for me (I was 6/7 year-old when I met Lara) and it really scared me with the creepy music breaking the silence ( and it still scares me now:p ).
then I hadn't played any TR for a long time. I saw TR again when TRAoD was released, I wanted to buy it (but I didn't) and I bought the TR: cradle of life movie.
My interest in TR came back when I bought a playstation magazine about TRLegend. when the game was released I bought and I fell in love. I consider myself a TRfan since I played Legend. Later I played my friend's AoD, I bought anniversary, Chronicles, the first movie and I'll buy TRU.

I hope you liked my story.

JordG
2nd Jul 2008, 10:53
As a few of us I was around 6 when I discoverd Tomb Raider.
It all began when my brother had his friend round and they were playing Tomb Raider 2 at the time I did not know what the game they were playing was called. I used to watch my brother alot as he was and still is into video gaming and I used to enjoy watching him play many of his games but I was only mainly intrested into Tomb Raider 2 I asked him What the game was called and he told me. Whenever the playstation was free I used to go on to Tomb Raider 2 and that was the only game I would play on there.

Then several months later I was in town with my mum and my brother for my brother to get a new playstation game and there I was browsing at the games and I saw the very first Tomb Raider I grabbed the game and went to my mum that I wanted it and I got it. I was hooked on the game even though I was 6 and I enjoyed it.

Many months later I had my own Playstation and Tomb Raider 3 for Christmas it was the best gift I could of dreamed of back then and it made my christmas a good one.

Ever since then I've been buying the Tomb Raider games and collecting a few items here and there getting more and more drawn into Tomb Raider, here I am now 16 and still loving Tomb Raider to bits, I'm excited for Tomb Raider Underworld and bought a PS3 especially just so I could play Tomb Raider Underworld.

There you have my story on how I Met Lara Croft :)

Darcy-123
2nd Jul 2008, 11:28
the first time i ever played tomb raider was when my cousin bought me tomb raider 1 :cool:

TombRaiderPrincess
3rd Jul 2008, 10:03
Umm... I think think I was about 4 or 5. Or 6. I saw my dad playing TR3 (I think) on PC. A bit later we got TR1 on PlayStation. (Yeah, don't get why we had the third game before the first one either:scratch: )

We didn't call her Lara Croft or Tomb raider though... we called her Running Lady:lol:

LaraCroftRox
3rd Jul 2008, 10:12
Umm... I think think I was about 4 or 5. Or 6. I saw my dad playing TR3 (I think) on PC. A bit later we got TR1 on PlayStation. (Yeah, don't get why we had the third game before the first one either:scratch: )

We didn't call her Lara Croft or Tomb raider though... we called her Running Lady:lol:

Why?? :lol:

TombRaiderPrincess
3rd Jul 2008, 10:14
I dont' no... I was young and foolish...Maybe it was because she runs?:scratch:

LaraCroftRox
3rd Jul 2008, 10:15
I dont' no... I was young and foolish...Maybe it was because she runs?:scratch:

But it said in the book, Lara Croft! :lol:

TombRaiderPrincess
3rd Jul 2008, 10:19
But it said in the book, Lara Croft! :lol:

You have no imagination. I was probably because that was what my dad says her name was. Dont ask why.
I was about 7 before I read the case and reliesed that, 'Oh look, Running Lady has a real name!:eek: It's Lara Croft! Thats odd.'

Its the whole 'the lies your parents told you' sort of thing.

LaraCroftRox
3rd Jul 2008, 10:20
You have no imagination. I was probably because that was what my dad says her name was. Dont ask why.
I was about 7 before I read the case and reliesed that, 'Oh look, Running Lady has a real name!:eek: It's Lara Croft! Thats odd.'

Its the whole 'the lies your parents told you' sort of thing.

Didn't you think he might have been kidding? ;)

TombRaiderPrincess
3rd Jul 2008, 10:21
I WAS 4 YEARS OLD! I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT KIDDING WAS!!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

IvanaKC
3rd Jul 2008, 10:53
that was a goood one.....:lol:
I must say I met Lara when I was only 5 years old....my older brother was playing tomb raider 3 and he was often killed by snakes........that was funny to me and once i said to him that he sucks and now I'm lucky that I'm alive

He was aggressive because of my big tongue.

Now I play TR3 and I'm already in Nevada

dark7angel
3rd Jul 2008, 12:06
Hi to you all!!!

It was back in 1996 when the first game came out that I met Lara... I was 8 years old and TR1 was one of the 1st games I had for PS. I used to watch my brother playing it and I completely fell in Love with the game and with Lara and I began playing it... I remember in TR1 when I was fighting the T-Rex I was screaming like hell :lol:

After that...well... everytime a game was released I would become mad and would do everything to get it...

I read all the comics and I hope that Eidos and Top Cow come to an agreement and a second series of the comics comes to live...

I saw the movies and despite of what so many say I loved them...

I LOVE Tomb Raider!!! And I can't wait for Underworld...

Larahair
4th Jul 2008, 05:10
Older brothers and sisters playing tr.

phoenixflames
4th Jul 2008, 05:49
i was around the age 11 i think when i was introduced to Lara... my brother-in-law had the third TR and when i went to visit i always played that game because she was the first female action hero i think i had ever seen and was amazed... a while after that i got my own playstation and got TR1 and TR2 and i also stole the TR3 game from my bro-n-law :whistle: ...

TwinPistols
4th Jul 2008, 10:38
I see here everyone met Lara very young and with their brothers and sisters or with their parents!

pot
4th Jul 2008, 10:41
Can't remember how I heard about it at first, but I remember the day I bought TR1 platinum edition for 20 quid on the PSX. And I remember instantly loving the game and I vividly remember how instantly accessible the controls were.

oboe_freak_2012
4th Jul 2008, 12:23
well, it was shortly after the release of Chronicles that i was. My uncle had the first one and we went over there one time for a family gathering. I saw him playing, but didnt pay much attention cuz i was young (dont remember age) and didnt really care at the time. my dad apparently took interest and asked to borrow it (its for PS btw) and he borrowed it along w/the strategy guide (he doesnt like getting lost) and he played a few levels. i kinda watched and gained a lil interest. then he and i started over and i wud read the guide while he did the actions. i sort of enjoyed it and so for my next birthday (after he returned the game back 2 the owner) we hadnt completed it yet, so he gave me TR 1-5 for my birthday. We finished TR 1 and had plans to start on the second one, but then he got busy and we just kinda forgot. Well, i tried it by myself, but being young, i cudnt do it. then AoD was released several several years later and it was quite a while before i purchased it (i just liked collecting all of a series then) i played a lil, n lost interest again. then Legend was released and eventually i bought that and by then i was old enuf to do it successfully and finally completed one on my own! well, then anniversary came out, i beat that.

by then, i was hooked. I have retrieved my original TR games to play. I'm about halfway done w/TR1 (im replaying it after anniversary) and 3/4 of the way done w/ Chronicles (yes, i no its the 5th one) im hoping that by next new years, ill have 1, 2, and 5 done.

so there u go! thats how i met and fell in love w/lara!

ahphooey
4th Jul 2008, 12:42
In 2000, my husband and I just moved in together and he had a Playstation (I've never used one). I got a little curious and tried to play. I didn't want to play his sports games. I guess Tomb Raider3 came in a promotion with his PS1. So, the first game I played was TR3. The first day of playing, I kept sliding down the slope in India right into the spikes, over and over and over...and then I was hooked.

oboe_freak_2012
4th Jul 2008, 12:47
In 2000, my husband and I just moved in together and he had a Playstation (I've never used one). I got a little curious and tried to play. I didn't want to play his sports games. I guess Tomb Raider3 came in a promotion with his PS1. So, the first game I played was TR3. The first day of playing, I kept sliding down the slope in India right into the spikes, over and over and over...and then I was hooked.

haha, wen i played around w/the games b4 putting them in storage, i remember getting angry w/that slope cuz of the spikes....haha

Singstar90210
5th Jul 2008, 21:51

haha, wen i played around w/the games b4 putting them in storage, i remember getting angry w/that slope cuz of the spikes....haha

OMG, I remember my brother having trouble with that one! It was so funny watching him mess up! He also always messed up at (i think it was Chronicles) Sophia Leigh's building when Lara has to cross an elevator shaft balancing on only a pole. He fell off so many times! :lol:

Now my brother's trying to stop me from playing the games. But I think it's because he can't pass Bolivia! (ha ha!)

Deziz
5th Jul 2008, 22:16
My grandpa actually bought Tomb Raider 1 back in 1997 his computer and got stuck on the first level. He ended up giving it to my brother and I. I was actually scared to play it because of the animals jumping out of no where. I think I was 16 and a wuss. Anyway, I would beg my bro to play it so I could watch. He got through a few levels and got tired of it. He preferred Duke Nukem. So, I faced my fears, conquered the game, conquered it again,... and again... and again. Needless to say I was hooked. I started drawing pics of Lara and even did a school project about Lara. It was a ten minute slideshow about something that interests us. I eventually bought every game. The only ones I don't have are the cell phone ones. It is also what introduced me to Angelina Jolie, whom I know love as much as Lara.
So yes, I'm obsessed! But can you blame me :lol:

Dukem
5th Jul 2008, 22:18
Now see, that's where I'm different. Tomb Raider and Duke Nukem share an equal amount of space in my crowded heart. :p

diogoandre
5th Jul 2008, 22:39
the first time i met Lara was on my cousin's SegaSaturn.. it was summer and i was spending my vacations with my cousin's family... We played TR every night after dinner and than we finished it.. because of being young (5/6/7 years old) i didn't undersand english (sometimes i don't even understand my own language xD) so i played the game, and my cousin would help me exploring and doing the right thing in the TR world to end it. It was a good date with Lara so when TR2 got out i got it for Christmas and than i knew that would be one of those games that i would keep with me forever xD. I have all TR games (all for playstation) except Chronicles wich i borrow to a friend and i don't remember who that friend is anymore xD. Well now is time for TR:U and i really can't wait any longer.. not that you all care or anything xD i like to give free information to everyone

Assassin_Croft_Betrayed
6th Jul 2008, 17:23
I got into the Tomb Raider series when TR1 came out as considering I was still young and the Playstation was new. I never had bought the game until yesterday, but I rented all the games in the series from time to time. I own Anniversary, Legend, TR1, TR2, TR3 and Curse Of The Sword for Gameboy color.

I'm a bit suprised that I never bought the game when it was new, I remember the system I had came with a demo cd for games and Tomb Raider was on it, you were in a cell and had to press the button behind you and then kill the guard as he came charging through (I don't think I ever got passed that demo, lol)

I'm just glad that I'm more into it now because back then, it was just another game to me.

kitkatt13
6th Jul 2008, 18:48
heard of TR1-3, never played them, got TR:R demo for a gift and has been hooked ever since.

ihatemilkduds
7th Jul 2008, 06:00
I remember always getting made fun of for bringing gaming magazines to school, haha. Not horrible teasing, just friendly. Everybody knew I was a huge fan. Surprisingly, I've only been Lara Croft twice for Halloween. I count only one of those as actually successful.

I first met Lara in '96 when my dad bought a PS1 and rented three games. . .Tekken, Oddworld, and Tomb Raider 1. I've already said all this in a thread somewhere in either Legend or Anniversary as a "new player" to the forum. As a 15-year old girl, I took to the game with the girl in it, of course.

Haven't stopped playing since then. I was a big cheater in my younger days but have since gone back and beat each game fair and square;) Last Revelation was my favorite for a long time because I was really big on Egypt and the puzzles were phenomenal. Loved the train bit.

I really enjoyed Legend for the gameplay with the baddies. I like getting to be immersed in both environments that are unreal, lush, and seemingly untouched while also exploring more modern, familiar places. It's a nice mix in Legend with the tombs and places like downtown Tokyo. However, it would have been nice to see Lara actually make it all the way down to the streets after a swan dive off a ledge:whistle: Not that I do that sort of thing. COME ON! You could blow her up in II, haha.

Anyways, around this time, when I'm reaching the point of actually tiring of all the old games and needing some new ground to cover. . .I get reeeally antsy. I can't wait for the new game and I say that as more than just a well-said phrase around here. . .I really CAN'T wait. I would like it in my mailbox. . .in about. . .say. . .3 seconds?

Aefion Bloodclaw
7th Jul 2008, 13:48
It was on my birthday back at mum's place in 2006 when I saw Tomb Raider Legend on my friend's PS2 that he brought around. I had previously heard of Tomb Raider but hadn't had the time/interest to check it out. Now I wish I had though. This new one looked so graphically amazing and fun, and Lara looked so hot, I wanted to play it. So then on August 7th, 2006 I got my copy of Tomb Raider Legend. And yeah, I am so glad I met Lara Croft!

eMacAddict
9th Jul 2008, 04:49
hmm ... I think I was around 8 or 9 ish. Anyway, my parents decided to give a computer (back in win3.1 days) to a family we knew. Anyway, while the kids in this family were doing whatever outside, I actually stayed inside, and ended up playing TR 3 on a playstation. I could *not* get past that first jump. It was horrible. Eventually I would get past it, and die on the second jump :mad2: But I kept going at it, until I got past the first jumps, and then got killed shortly after by a monkey(or something there). It was a painful expierence for me and Lara ;)

I remember walking through Best Buy, and holding a TR2 box, and telling my mom I wanted to buy that (couldn't have been more than 10 years old) but she made it seem like that wasn't a game for a boy my age. Almost like she was a half naked lady running around ... :scratch:

After that, I didn't see Lara until a while later. I think my brother got a Pizza Hut Demo Disc for playstation, and on it was a demo of TR3 (the second nevada level if I remember correctly). Whenever he was out, I played that demo disc so so many times.

After that, I finally bought TR3. Then the others would follow, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and now 8. I still gotta find Legend though ...

my first website was actually a TR fansite. That was great. I had so many little Lara animations ... which thinking about it makes me want to find them again ...

Singstar90210
9th Jul 2008, 06:47
I got into the Tomb Raider series when TR1 came out as considering I was still young and the Playstation was new. I never had bought the game until yesterday, but I rented all the games in the series from time to time. I own Anniversary, Legend, TR1, TR2, TR3 and Curse Of The Sword for Gameboy color.

I'm a bit suprised that I never bought the game when it was new, I remember the system I had came with a demo cd for games and Tomb Raider was on it, you were in a cell and had to press the button behind you and then kill the guard as he came charging through (I don't think I ever got passed that demo, lol)

I'm just glad that I'm more into it now because back then, it was just another game to me.

Nice! You also have a really cool screen name btw.

I remember always getting made fun of for bringing gaming magazines to school, haha. Not horrible teasing, just friendly. Everybody knew I was a huge fan. Surprisingly, I've only been Lara Croft twice for Halloween. I count only one of those as actually successful.

I first met Lara in '96 when my dad bought a PS1 and rented three games. . .Tekken, Oddworld, and Tomb Raider 1. I've already said all this in a thread somewhere in either Legend or Anniversary as a "new player" to the forum. As a 15-year old girl, I took to the game with the girl in it, of course.

Haven't stopped playing since then. I was a big cheater in my younger days but have since gone back and beat each game fair and square;) Last Revelation was my favorite for a long time because I was really big on Egypt and the puzzles were phenomenal. Loved the train bit.

I really enjoyed Legend for the gameplay with the baddies. I like getting to be immersed in both environments that are unreal, lush, and seemingly untouched while also exploring more modern, familiar places. It's a nice mix in Legend with the tombs and places like downtown Tokyo. However, it would have been nice to see Lara actually make it all the way down to the streets after a swan dive off a ledge:whistle: Not that I do that sort of thing. COME ON! You could blow her up in II, haha.

Anyways, around this time, when I'm reaching the point of actually tiring of all the old games and needing some new ground to cover. . .I get reeeally antsy. I can't wait for the new game and I say that as more than just a well-said phrase around here. . .I really CAN'T wait. I would like it in my mailbox. . .in about. . .say. . .3 seconds?

HaHa! Me either! Wore a Lara Croft costume only once for Halloween and still looking for success. I'm trying to make a much better one. :nut:

It was on my birthday back at mum's place in 2006 when I saw Tomb Raider Legend on my friend's PS2 that he brought around. I had previously heard of Tomb Raider but hadn't had the time/interest to check it out. Now I wish I had though. This new one looked so graphically amazing and fun, and Lara looked so hot, I wanted to play it. So then on August 7th, 2006 I got my copy of Tomb Raider Legend. And yeah, I am so glad I met Lara Croft!

August 7th's my birthday! I think that was about the same time I found out but I bought Legend a lot earlier. I tried it on my brother's x-box and it was a lot harder on that than PS2 (but then again, I'm a lot more used to PS2).

hmm ... I think I was around 8 or 9 ish. Anyway, my parents decided to give a computer (back in win3.1 days) to a family we knew. Anyway, while the kids in this family were doing whatever outside, I actually stayed inside, and ended up playing TR 3 on a playstation. I could *not* get past that first jump. It was horrible. Eventually I would get past it, and die on the second jump :mad2: But I kept going at it, until I got past the first jumps, and then got killed shortly after by a monkey(or something there). It was a painful expierence for me and Lara ;)

I remember walking through Best Buy, and holding a TR2 box, and telling my mom I wanted to buy that (couldn't have been more than 10 years old) but she made it seem like that wasn't a game for a boy my age. Almost like she was a half naked lady running around ... :scratch:

After that, I didn't see Lara until a while later. I think my brother got a Pizza Hut Demo Disc for playstation, and on it was a demo of TR3 (the second nevada level if I remember correctly). Whenever he was out, I played that demo disc so so many times.

After that, I finally bought TR3. Then the others would follow, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and now 8. I still gotta find Legend though ...

my first website was actually a TR fansite. That was great. I had so many little Lara animations ... which thinking about it makes me want to find them again ...

I think I still have one of those demos. If you have Windows, you can buy Legend off of Gametap. As for LC animations, try YouTube and deviantART. They have plenty!

gentlepie
9th Jul 2008, 13:05
i met lara through anniversary, just barely a month ago, at my ripe age of 27 (haha!) and i'm so pleased to meet her.:p

prince13
9th Jul 2008, 13:52
I met Lara when i was around 6 years old and my uncle in law had most of the games of hers. He asked us if wanted them. My sister isnt really a gamer and then i decided that I wanted them! The next day I played it and was fun:) My sister also would be there helping me if i was stuck on a puzzle. And now im 13 years and still loving Tomb Raider:D
Thats my story!

JordG
9th Jul 2008, 13:53

I had that demo:p

SethKoopa
22nd Jul 2008, 16:48
I first heard about Tomb Raider in Mean Machines Sega, featuring scary art of Lara Croft holding a bunch of heads by the hair. Years later we got a PC and I'd got tired of the 'interactive' games I'd been getting myself for it thus far. I decided I needed a proper game. Then I saw an advertisement for Tomb Raider 3 in our tv digest and it just clicked: yes! A Tomb Raider game!

The question was which one to get? (This was in 1998) Reading reviews, I decided on the 3rd, seeing the rave it got. So I (after getting a PC Gamer issue with a 2-centrefold review on the game) got the game for Christmas. Our machine was way too underdeveloped for the game but that didn't stop me from enjoying it to bits. It was a new gaming experience for me; immersing myself in a new world. It was great.

So when we finally got a decent computer to play the game on, I was hooked. I got the Last Revelation the Christmas after that, having followed its progress and played it in the downtown entertainment department store. And I loved that one just as much. From then on, I was hooked for real.

Atlantis3735
22nd Jul 2008, 17:11
I was about 5 to 7 years old when the first game was released. I had it bought for me on the playstation. I immediately loved it as a kid, more than spyro and crash bandicoot which is what I was playing at the time. I was obsessed with Lara from that early age. Everyday I would play the same three levels. I could only complete Caves and City of Vilcabamba at the time and that took A LONG TIME to do. When I realised that I could go to Lara's home, it was a dream come true. Now everyday for the rest of my childhood I could play yet another level!

I was shockingly bad at Tomb Raider back then, but that didn't stop my raiding. Everyday from since I got the original Tomb Raider I would play the same levels, even when I got the other Tomb Raiders, I would still just mainly play Tomb Raider one, and occasionally play the first couple of levels on all the others. My parents got bored of watching me playing Tomb Raider on the family TV every single day for endless hours, but that didnt stop me either. It wasn't until I was about 12 when I finally got the hang of Tomb Raider. I loved the movies when they came out aswell.

I am still as obsessed with Tomb Raider as what I was 10 years ago, but I'm older now and I don't cry every time my beloved Lara dies. Lara was a huge part of my life when I was young, and even now at the age of 16 when I have so much more on my mind, Lara still owns a huge portion of my mind and heart. :lmao:

lilhanhan
22nd Jul 2008, 17:27
I was 5, my dad got it when we first got my/our playstation...him and my mum got addicted to it, actually my mum was always shouting directions at him or saying naughty word at the T-rex! :lol:

Also it was Tomb Raider that broke my playstation for the first time... d'oh!!! >.<

raider101
22nd Jul 2008, 17:31
well i was introduced to lara in i996 i was 3 years old and came down stairs one morning and saw my brother playing tomb raider 1 and i was to little to under stand what was going on but when tr2 came out my parents bought it for me and i would get up every morning and play tr3 got that one for christmas tr4 got that one tr5 got that one for my bday tr6 got that one tr7 got that one tr anivarsery have it ok i fell in love with lara at a young age and im stiil amazed oh and saw both movies i have beaten tr games 1,2,5,6,7 aniversary and thats it tr3 wont load and tr4 same thing soo ya

SethKoopa
25th Jul 2008, 08:00
I was 5, my dad got it when we first got my/our playstation...him and my mum got addicted to it, actually my mum was always shouting directions at him or saying naughty word at the T-rex! :lol:

Also it was Tomb Raider that broke my playstation for the first time... d'oh!!! >.<

:lmao: Priceless! I could never imagine my mum shouting things like that; I've always been allowed to keep Tomb Raider to myself. :D

raider101, how about using a period? It's a bit difficult to read your post.