PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 3 Forum

iWait
2nd Jul 2008, 00:22
There have been quite a few posts about the "lawlessness" of these forums, and I just want to say that sure, we get off track a lot, and there are some nasty posts, but mainly we stick to Deus Ex-related subjects. The large majority of posts are intelligent discussions (though not always well thought out) and focusing on the bad parts of the forum just make the problem worse.

Even if these forums do get off track, it's not cool to blame the mods, I'm sure they do their best.

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 01:00
There have been quite a few posts about the "lawlessness" of these forums, and I just want to say that sure, we get off track a lot, and there are some nasty posts, but mainly we stick to Deus Ex-related subjects. The large majority of posts are intelligent discussions (though not always well thought out) and focusing on the bad parts of the forum just make the problem worse.

Even if these forums do get off track, it's not cool to blame the mods, I'm sure they do their best.

Making another thread about it, is a sure way to get another thread locked, too. As this forum isn't about personalities -- it's about the game (something some are forgetting in their zest for more drama).

iWait
2nd Jul 2008, 01:58
This wasn't supposed to be a real thread, just one stating my opinion on other people's opinions.

chip5541
2nd Jul 2008, 04:02
The thought is very much appriciated.

DXeXodus
2nd Jul 2008, 04:15
I agree with you Iwait. There are way too many people jumping onto these forums and before they even make there first post they start a new thread saying: OMGOMG DX1 Is teh best 4eva!!!111oneone!!! Im tired of it myself. Sure, there are alot of intellectual debates and most of them are constructive opinions and thought processes. That's why I am here.

I dont wanna hear someone going on about things like this:

not only do I not have any faith in eidos's ability to reproduce the level of quality found in Deus Ex for Deus Ex 3, but apparently they don't even have the ability to maintain a proper and conducive gaming forum adherent to their own rules. courtesy of AgnosticJive

Stop your moaning and just enjoy the discussions. Don't blame moderators for your idiocy. They do their best considering they mod multiple boards simultaneously. And stop posting little 'rant' threads.

OK. Got that off my chest :)

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 04:50
This wasn't supposed to be a real thread, just one stating my opinion on other people's opinions.

The title of the forum is, "Deus Ex 3". Not, "What I Think About Mods and Deus Ex Fans on the Forum". It's not pretending to be nice behind 20 smilies but yet polluting the forum with everything but DX/3 discussion. It's not egging the mods, and even proclaiming the forum is mod free to be trolls. It's not a bed and breakfast for drivebys.

It's about DX/3. Past. Present. Future. Anything else needs to go elsewhere, as this is the one DX3 24/7 oasis online. So take care of it.

iWait
2nd Jul 2008, 05:54
Yes, but if you've ever seen the thread list, you know this forum is not just about DX3, and given the miniscule amount of knowledge we have of Deus Ex 3 I'd say most threads here are about the original Deus Ex and random threads that loosely tie to transhumanism / augmentation.

I originally wrote this threat because I saw two other threads that basically stated the mods suck and this forum is broken.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jul 2008, 06:05
Why make things any more complicated?
Respect the rules and the mods... and everything else falls into place naturally. :)

DXeXodus
2nd Jul 2008, 07:35
Why make things any more complicated?
Respect the rules and the mods... and everything else falls into place naturally. :)

So true MissDenton.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jul 2008, 12:49
I have to agree.
Once people reduce discussion to direct (or in-direct) personal attacks and/or name-calling; it just goes down the pan. :(

I never see any need for this myself; it's very immature. Even when people attack me in troll-fashion (only the one person, to be fair), I still never stoop to their level and call names back.
I try to ask politely what the problem is. There is no way EVER that a person who is being needlessly rude to you can justify themselves. ;)

Keir
2nd Jul 2008, 13:08
Thanks very much for the sentiment, it's appreciated.

We're at the start of a very long road so thanks for bearing with us while we take our first few steps.

To reiterate - everyone is welcome to drop me a PM. I'm currently snowed under with Tomb Raider stuff, so I don't have time to be here as much as I'd like (but as I mentioned elsewhere things are progressing behind the scenes to remedy this). In the meantime please do bring any issues to my attention so I can make sure they're addressed and we're informed.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jul 2008, 13:10
No problems. :)

OMG, so looking forward to the new Tomb Raider game! :cool:

Tsumaru
2nd Jul 2008, 13:13
I'm just curious - who are the mods and admins? Do any/all of them have a link to Eidos outside of the forum?

Keir
2nd Jul 2008, 13:26
I'm just curious - who are the mods and admins? Do any/all of them have a link to Eidos outside of the forum?

I'm the only one that does. I'm Community Manager at Eidos HQ. I'm currently looking after the communities for all of Eidos' franchises. It's fair to say I've got my hands full just at the moment - but back up is on the way!

chip5541
2nd Jul 2008, 14:46
Just so everyone knows I work third shift so no matter what a mod will always be available to contact.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jul 2008, 14:47
Yay, we have our Mods... our Protectors! :cool: :cool: :cool:

chip5541
2nd Jul 2008, 14:55
Yay, we have our Mods... our Protectors! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Here I come to save the day!!!

http://www.a-1video.com/Mighty%20Mouse.jpg

AaronJ
2nd Jul 2008, 14:57
Good to have the authorities back.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jul 2008, 15:13
Here I come to save the day!!!

http://www.a-1video.com/Mighty%20Mouse.jpg

^
LOL, awesome! :D

I'm the only one that does. I'm Community Manager at Eidos HQ. I'm currently looking after the communities for all of Eidos' franchises. It's fair to say I've got my hands full just at the moment - but back up is on the way!

OMG, yeah... I can just imagine how busy you must be! :eek:
Indeed, you have three of my all-time fave games in development now: Deus Ex, Thief and Tomb Raider. :cool:
Do a good job guys! :p

chip5541
2nd Jul 2008, 15:30
and Battlestations: Pacific :D

I wasn't sure if anyone would recognize Mighty Mouse :)

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 16:25

Good.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
2nd Jul 2008, 19:05
I wasn't sure if anyone would recognize Mighty Mouse :)

I did. :p
Though I have to admit, at first glance, I did immediately think of Mickey Mouse... :o
...but then I realised that Mickey wasn't quite as muscular, hehe. ;) :D