PDA

View Full Version : what do you think would be cool in the deusex

commander 199514cc
30th Jun 2008, 01:26
i thought it would of been cool if in either of the deus ex's that your charecter had a house that you could do any thing with like make it normal with a secret room full of weapons or somthing like that and your house could be robbed so you have to sacure it with bots and turrets and stuff.

AaronJ
30th Jun 2008, 02:26
...elaborate.

jordan_a
30th Jun 2008, 04:00
No.

serene_chaos
30th Jun 2008, 05:43
That sounds like something that would go down well in grand theft auto.
GRAND THEFT AUTO, I said. It's different to Deus Ex.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 06:46
I would say no for the same reasons already mentioned. :p
Having your own apartment isn't a necessity in DX - its not like you have the need to collect an arsenal of weapons, armour, treasure etc... or even that you need to stop by to collect your mail or have a cup of tea. :D

DXeXodus
30th Jun 2008, 10:27
To put it plainly: No

That is for games like fable.

mad_red
30th Jun 2008, 11:18
Welcome commander. Don't take this personally, but...

NOOOOO!!!!! ****

I mentioned this feature before. Specifically.
It'll completely destroy the suspension of disbelief, and shift the focus too much into the exact opposite direction of where it should be.

You don't have the time and resources. You don't have the need. You'll probably not even have a house, let alone be there very often!

Putting this mechanic into the game will come across as a contrivance and a shameless GTA plug.

Anyway, commander, don't let my ranting discourage you. I do in fact like new ideas, so share them if you have any.

Edit: The game mechanic would be pretty cool actually. It just has no place in DX.

commander 199514cc
30th Jun 2008, 12:33
you guys misunderstud i meent think of stuff like that. things deus ex completly over looked, i gave a example

please read the tread heading

mad_red
30th Jun 2008, 15:12
Well commander, I did read the thread heading. I do think it would be cool. I just doubt it will make it into the game because it doesn't fit very well with the theme and gameplay.

A secret stash maybe, but automated defense systems to blow away intruders? What would the neighbours think? Never mind the damage to the plasterwork!

Maybe it's more plausible in a sequel, but even then I wouldn't like to spend much time at home anyway.

On the other hand, there's a lovely game Tsumaru introduced me to in another thread (the "what do I do now" thread). Here's the link. Have fun!

http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp

commander 199514cc
30th Jun 2008, 16:39
Thanks seems cool took a wile too downlode but it may of been my internet its been on the down side latly thanks agian tho.

Fen
30th Jun 2008, 16:42
I like that in deus ex they gave you an office, even though you really didnt use it. It helped give you that sense of home feeling when you went back to unatco. But No, players shouldnt be buying houses and furniture. Deus ex is a shooter with RPG elements, not an RPG with shooter elements.

zemegauser
30th Jun 2008, 17:03
*sigh* Twelve year olds these days, coming up with crazy ideas that would never fit in the Deus Ex universe. Maybe The Sims, or Oblivion, but not Deus Ex.

commander 199514cc
30th Jun 2008, 17:25
*cough* clueless age juger *cough*

But i agree with fen

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 18:38
But No, players shouldnt be buying houses and furniture.

LOL @ buying houses and furniture. Scary thought! :eek:
Whatever next? :nut: "Deus Ex 4 - The Special Sims Edition", hehe. :D

iWait
30th Jun 2008, 19:46
How the hell would that work anyway?
Commander have you ever even played Deus Ex?

You move around so much that it's totally impractical, all together Deus Ex is supposed to last around a week, hardly enough time to buy furniture, let alone install supah secret roomies and security systems.

Blade_hunter
30th Jun 2008, 20:28
In DX we have a "home" the Paul apartment and the secret room is the same as in hell's kitchen (but this room is protected by a code and an hidden keypad)

I want he explain his idea because we can make this thing but, where you want to go, what gameplay you want to add with this.

If the future DX is an MMO the fact we can have a house this feature must be added

But in a single player game it was an other story, our character can get a "life" but your idea can be applied in hidden passage or in a container box if we want a sort of secure location ...

But I want more explanations about this idea of the house, and the fact we can secure our items in a secure and hidden room with an automatic security (bots, trap, turrets, etc)

The fact we can penetrate in the apartment in the Paris level a and see a couple inside doing their life was interesting and it's not that fact it can transform DX to the sims.

I wait for the use and maybe a concept around it.

commander 199514cc
30th Jun 2008, 20:30
geesh people read the thread title i was giving a emample i asked what would you like not critisize a idea geesh.

it was just a idea

re-read the thread title

commander 199514cc
30th Jun 2008, 20:34
yes blade hunter i ment a place to keep stuff like a travaling box that u can hide some place of your choosing or have a apartment they give you and protect it buy hiding it or a code.

And were did half of you get the idea i ment a masion or house and build furnenture.

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 20:36
I would say no for the same reasons already mentioned. :p
Having your own apartment isn't a necessity in DX - its not like you have the need to collect an arsenal of weapons, armour, treasure etc... or even that you need to stop by to collect your mail or have a cup of tea. :D

Paul, Jock and Maggie did have their apartments.

Perhaps more like a base station/lab of something would be more appropriate. Probably with a vault to store some extra gear, since space was an issue in DX. That way a player can have a GEP and Plasma, but can only carry one at a time.

Hate leaving goodies behind, never knowing if I needed them later.

Secondly, it'll be good if there's any minigames like building augs/weapons, too. Have to have a bio and computer lab. Can't keep borrowing Tong's equipment.

DX is a FPS/RPG hybrid. So some elements of the RPG has to be incorporated.

commander 199514cc
30th Jun 2008, 20:40
yes thank you

iWait
30th Jun 2008, 20:52
Since DX3 is a sequel, Tong is probably dead.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 21:28
geesh people read the thread title i was giving a emample i asked what would you like not critisize a idea geesh.

it was just a idea

re-read the thread title

Hey, Commander, we were only sharing some light-hearted jokes... I was anyway. :p

Oh, and I never "criticise" on discussion boards so please don't take it that way, no problems. :)

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 21:47
Since DX3 is a sequel, Tong is probably dead.

Not if it's right after the Aftermath.

It's the best place to start DX3, IMO. It bypasses the need to explain DX:IW, and still keeps the old cast and world at age.

Would be weirder than hell (and a blast) that we started in the Oceanlab (that somehow survived the Aftermath and all), too. Loved that level, even the music made it feel underwater.

jcp28
1st Jul 2008, 21:45
A place where excess equipment could be dumped off would be cool, but it might be hard to implement if you end up coming across more before you can go to your flat again. This really isn't necessary,

If it ever ended being put in the game though, I could see dumping off things like armor if you were going to go into an area with high bot security for example.

I read you title, btw.

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 21:55
I think I would like to stay with something small like Deus Ex's "J.C.'s office" where you have a computer, and sometimes items under your desk.

commander 199514cc
2nd Jul 2008, 01:11
do the iteams stay under your desk till the next time you come back or do thay disaper once you leave unatco?or do you mean iteams that spawn there
read the last post on page one

Lo Bruto
2nd Jul 2008, 09:51
do the iteams stay under your desk till the next time you come back or do thay disaper once you leave unatco?or do you mean iteams that spawn there

They disappear in the original game.
But if you have the Shifter mod they will be there. :thumbsup:

Btw, I like the idea of having a place of your own, like your office at Unatco.
But a house is just too much The Sims for me. What's next? Calling the hot neighbour for dinner? :scratch:

A locker in a public place would just be perfect. (Not for that GEP Gun)

commander 199514cc
8th Jul 2008, 14:40
ya a house would i ment a apartment or and office

btw were can i get the shifter mod

El_Bel
8th Jul 2008, 22:31
They disappear in the original game.
But if you have the Shifter mod they will be there. :thumbsup:

Btw, I like the idea of having a place of your own, like your office at Unatco.
But a house is just too much The Sims for me. What's next? Calling the hot neighbour for dinner? :scratch:

This post sums it up!!

yes.. YES!!!

Fen
9th Jul 2008, 17:20

Yeah, I think this would be a great idea in areas that you are likely to visit often. There are heaps of automated systems where you pay to get a locker, set a code and then its yours for a certain time in todays modern world. Why wouldnt we have something similar in the future?

See if I was the owner of a nightclub, I dont think id be letting someone in whos packing a flamethrower. What if you could hire a locker and chuck your gear in it right outside? (obviously there would have to be more to this than just annoying the player)

Actually this could add a new dynamic to the game. The concept of Concealed weapons. Likewise, if I was the bodyguard for a man who has a high chance of being assassinated, I wouldnt be letting some stranger with a shotgun on his back come anywhere near him.