PDA

View Full Version : Well...

AgnosticJive
29th Jun 2008, 12:05
As much as I love Deus Ex, Diablo 3 was announced yesterday.

Suck it eidos, you take too long.

pHdeus
29th Jun 2008, 13:29
I ask that the moderator get involved here.

minus0ne
29th Jun 2008, 17:04
Don't bother there aren't any. I don't see what the fuss is about, but then I'm not much into top-down hack and slash cartoon RPGs.. in a fantasy setting no less.

But hey, it seems to turn gamers everywhere into prancing idiots with an urge to spam forums all over, and in this case, act like a jerk for no reason.

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 17:42
Don't bother there aren't any. I don't see what the fuss is about, but then I'm not much into top-down hack and slash cartoon RPGs.. in a fantasy setting no less.

But hey, it seems to turn gamers everywhere into prancing idiots with an urge to spam forums all over, and in this case, act like a jerk for no reason.

Diablo and DX doesn't even mix in acid. ;)

Just a driveby.

jamesthefishy
29th Jun 2008, 18:09
As I do agree that Diablo 3 looks good it has nothing to do with deus ex and its in a COMPLETELY different cat. also blizzard must release SC3 (dec of this year) and they have began work on D3 but only have 2 characters and full ideas. Either way I predict that deus ex 3 will release for and never the less I will buy both games cause I am sure it they will BOTH be a huge hit. Although it is STUPID AS HELL to act like a moron when representing a game and you make it look bad for others when you do!

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Jun 2008, 18:30
Oh boy, lol. :D

We need one dedicated thread just to discuss OTHER games.
Then whenever we get new rogue threads like this one, they can all just get thrown in there, hehe. ;)

Moderator? :p

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 18:36
As I do agree that Diablo 3 looks good it has nothing to do with deus ex and its in a COMPLETELY different cat. also blizzard must release SC3 (dec of this year) and they have began work on D3 but only have 2 characters and full ideas. Either way I predict that deus ex 3 will release for and never the less I will buy both games cause I am sure it they will BOTH be a huge hit. Although it is STUPID AS HELL to act like a moron when representing a game and you make it look bad for others when you do!

Why is it even talked about here in the first place? It's nowhere connected to a cyberpunk game. Gameplay, yeah can see it; but Diablo is to DX as chocolate is to soap.

Are you going to be breaking into computers in Diablo? No.
Are you going to be after the DX factions in Diablo? No.
Are you going to be blasting a MJ12 3v trooper with a GEP 3v gun? No.
Are you going to be sneaking around the MJ12 3v trooper? No.
Are you going to try to FINISH THE GAME WITHOUT KILLING ANYTHING? NO.

Diablo is nowhere connected to DX, two seperate worlds (oh, god, don't make JC a spellcaster next).

Nathan2000
29th Jun 2008, 18:53
As much as I love Deus Ex, Diablo 3 was announced yesterday.

Suck it eidos, you take too long.
Take it easy.

We should just wait for the E3 expo. It's the best place for the developers to announce stuff. It begins on 15th July.

AaronJ
29th Jun 2008, 18:58
As much as I find the OPs post hilarious, I just think this is just the incentive to speed up and these "big summer updates" which I ever ever-so-subtly have been sarcastic about since day 1.

zemegauser
30th Jun 2008, 17:16
I'm happy too, have a game that can occupy my attention until Deus Ex 3.

AgnosticJive
30th Jun 2008, 20:24
First of all...I've done MORE than enough to get banned...and yet none of my threads/posts have even gotten locked, this is now a mod-free area. Secondly I didn't realize a single post constituted spamming, in which case...thanks for spamming my spam *************...and yes, damn those rpgs in fantasy settings, like being a homoerotic leather clad secret agent with non-existent technology in the near future...silly games. Thank god you're not a douche who acts like a jerk by responding to simple post about another game written by yet another jerk ;). That being said, the reason I said "suck it eidos, you take too long" is because as of right now deus ex 3 is NOT going to be at E3...despite being announced over a year ago, whereas Diablo 3 was announced over...2 days ago,with screen shots and gameplay footage.
and james...starcraft 2 isn't even out yet,how the hell are they going to release starcraft 3 by december? (yes,I'm aware it was a typo, and yes, I am a **********.)

Eidos Interactive E3 2008 Game List
Battlestations: Pacific (PC, X360)
Just Cause 2 (PC, PS3, X360)
Monster Lab (Wii)
Tomb Raider Underworld (PC, PS3, X360)
is it still possible for it to be there? yes...but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't...also, deus ex 3 will probably be out long before diablo 3...I guess blizzard actually cares about making decent games.

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 20:29
First of all...I've done MORE than enough to get banned...and yet none of my threads/posts have even gotten locked, this is now a mod-free area.

Schools out!

AgnosticJive
30th Jun 2008, 20:31
School might be out for you, I'm actually posting in between doing homework right now. I can't focus on these questions right now.

and if you meant school's out for like...the forum, school was never in session =/.

AaronJ
30th Jun 2008, 20:40
I found your post okay, but somewhat a bit exaggerated, but you still made it funny.

Coliphorbs
30th Jun 2008, 20:52
with non-existent technology in the near future...

Not to nitpick, but nanotechnology is alive and kicking. It's a pretty terrifying subject when you delve into it, but it's very close to becoming a "regular" part of our lives - in some places, it already has.

Sure enough, it's often associated with conspiracies or other such issues where information is conspicuously barred from the general public. Warren Spector and Harvey Smith did do their homework - they didn't just link these two themes by coincidence.

AgnosticJive
30th Jun 2008, 21:07
Uhhh..I don't think carbon nanotubes and buckyballs qualify as nanotechnology. So assuming nanotechnology refers to technology on a entirely microscopic scale...no, it doesn't exist. The only thing I can think of with nano-anything off of the top of my head is sun-screen, which has been infused with light reflecting nano-particles...which, on a fun note, has caused an abundance of cancer in laboratory mice, as a matter of fact, all nano materials introduced into the bloodstream thus far have caused uncontrollable mutations in cells. So until they fix that...nanites in your bloodstream is pure fantasy.

Also,how is nanotechnology a secretive subject linked with conspiracies? All research is done by universities pretty much, most people just can't understand what the hell they're talking about. That and I know a couple of conspiracy nuts and nanotechnology has never really been the focus, or even come up at all...it's usually shape-shifting aliens that inbreed mind controlling everyone under a new world order.

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 21:16
School might be out for you, I'm actually posting in between doing homework right now. I can't focus on these questions right now.

and if you meant school's out for like...the forum, school was never in session =/.

I'm probably old enough to not only be your mom, your grandma, and could teach you a thing or two about...

1. Manners.
2. Forum etiquette.

But then again, for problem children there's always the switch -- hickory has a nice snap to it.

Now add that to your "homework".

:)

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 21:21
Uhhh..I don't think carbon nanotubes and buckyballs qualify as nanotechnology.

Ah, you need to do more homework, especially on the biomedicine side. They're already in trials on using nano-ites for "magic bullet" treatment on cancerous tumors.

It's not Sci-Fi anymore.

Within 10 years, it probably will be the method to deliver medicine over time, too. Instead of taking meds for 14 days to cure an infection, one shot of these nano-ites, and you're on you're way.

This treatment will be especially useful for treatment compliance of contagious diseases -- like Tuberculosis.

AgnosticJive
30th Jun 2008, 21:25
Manners and Etiquette have no place on the internet so I'm not too sure you could teach me anything...also, I wouldn't really consider myself a "child" at this point however I guess in respect to age once you're over the proverbial hill everyone is a child although I'm not going to touch upon why someone who is either in or approaching their fifties is complaining about not being able to "blast the MJ12 trooper with a GEP gun" in a video game that people younger then them are developing and getting paid for =/.
Oh yeah, switches are kinda are kinda the old school British alternative to being a good parent. They aren't really used in the U.S. nor are they used by parents who don't suck at their role in life.

Secondly, as of right now, the only "magic bullet" as far as cancer is concerned is something being researched that has nothing to do with nanotechnology but cloning (more appropriately cloning certain cells.) They are in fact still science fiction as there are, as of right now, no "nanites" (nano-ites isn't a word =/) exist...at all. Also "A major study published more recently in Nature nanotechnology suggests some forms of carbon nanotubes – a poster child for the “nanotechnology revolution” – could be as harmful as asbestos if inhaled in sufficient quantities. Anthony Seaton of the Institute of Occupational Medicine in Edinburgh, Scotland, who contributed to the article on carbon nanotubes said '...have the potential to cause mesothelioma.' " oh, and "A study at the University of Rochester found that when rats breathed in nanoparticles, the particles settled in the brain and lungs, which lead to significant increases in biomarkers for inflammation and stress response."

"Once in the blood stream, nanomaterials can be transported around the body and are taken up by organs and tissues including the brain, heart, liver, kidneys, spleen, bone marrow and nervous system. Nanomaterials have proved toxic to human tissue and cell cultures, resulting in increased oxidative stress, inflammatory cytokine production and cell death. Unlike larger particles, nanomaterials may be taken up by cell mitochondria and the cell nucleus.Studies demonstrate the potential for nanomaterials to cause DNA mutation and induce major structural damage to mitochondria, even resulting in cell death. Size is therefore a key factor in determining the potential toxicity of a particle. However it is not the only important factor."
But hey, I guess you're right...what better to cure cancer then something that causes it in the first place!

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 21:52
Manners and Etiquette have no place on the internet so I'm not too sure you could teach me anything...also, I wouldn't really consider myself a "child" at this point however I guess in respect to age once you're over the proverbial hill everyone is a child although I'm not going to touch upon why someone who is either in or approaching their fifties is complaining about not being able to "blast the MJ12 trooper with a GEP gun" in a video game that people younger then them are developing and getting paid for =/.

I'm an old "skool" videogamer, kid. Cyberpunk was the videogaming of my generation, from Wasteland onwards. So, yes, this granny likes her shotty the best, especially with magnum loads. :)

Want to be my target dummy? :D

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 22:04
LOL @ "ageism" creeping in on the boards now... humans, huh?! :rolleyes:
:D
Anyway, make up you two! :p

First of all...I've done MORE than enough to get banned...and yet none of my threads/posts have even gotten locked, this is now a mod-free area.

OMG, are you sure this board is totally mod-free? :eek:

So, you don't ever get that feeling that you're being watched... from afar? :o :whistle:
;)

AgnosticJive
30th Jun 2008, 22:06
Cyberpunk was the videogaming of my generation, from Wasteland onwards.
Cyberpunk video games started coming out while I was a kid, so I don't think they're the games of "your generation". Perhaps you're thinking of Baer's brown box with such hits as pong...and pong (oh, and just an F.Y.I. wasteland isn't cyberpunk, but hey, you knew that since you're so "old school"). Also, if you are in fact only around your fifties...and you're a grandmother either someone didn't teach you about contraceptives or you didn't teach your children that little gem...who knows, maybe it was lost on both you and your offspring?

AgnosticJive
30th Jun 2008, 22:10
OMG, are you sure this board is totally mod-free? :eek:

So, you don't ever get that feeling that you're being watched... from afar? :o :whistle:
;)
Well...considering I am actively engaging in off topic bickering and cursing, I am going to venture a guess and say yes, yes I am sure.
For example (and as a tribute to George Carlin):
Mother*****er

Kevyne-Shandris
30th Jun 2008, 22:11
F.Y.I. wasteland isn't cyberpunk

Don't tell Billy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tcE6Nyb6VY

:lol: :rasp: :lol:

[Putting a little extra sugar in AJ's gas tank...lol]

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 22:14
Well...considering I am actively engaging in off topic bickering and cursing, I am going to venture a guess and say yes, yes I am sure.
For example (and as a tribute to George Carlin):
Mother*****er

LMAO! :lol: :lmao:

So, even the censors don't work, hahaha! :D

AgnosticJive
30th Jun 2008, 22:35
It's not too hard to fool a "forum censor"... ANYWAYS.

All of this nonsense aside, back to my original point: Diablo 3, awesome. At least I don't need to worry about if they'll screw it up, since I know they won't. Deus Ex 3 on the other hand...eidos hasn't impressed me with any of their games thus far, and I don't believe that's going to change any time soon.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 22:40
Yeah, sure... but it was funny reading that complete list of censored words. I can't even say "The Chronicles of Rid****" in full. See what I mean? :rolleyes:

Anyway, yeah, hear what you say but I'm keeping positive that Eidos will make DX3 awesome too... and even Thief 4, I hope. :cool:

AgnosticJive
30th Jun 2008, 22:48
Yeah, sure... but it was funny reading that complete list of censored words. I can't even say "The Chronicles of Rid**********" in full. See what I mean? :rolleyes:

Anyway, yeah, hear what you say but I'm keeping positive that Eidos will make DX3 awesome too... and even Thief 4, I hope. :cool:

Everyone seems to not see the issue with this, EIDOS is the developer this time, NOT Ion Storm, NOT looking glass, but EIDOS. Eidos Developed games have been shoddy, mediocre, lackluster games that aren't worth the money it takes to stamp the disks.

But then again...Ion Storm did make Daikatana before they made Deus Ex.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
30th Jun 2008, 23:00
Yeah, I do understand that... but this new Montreal team might turn the tables on this somewhat tarnished history.
Anyway, I don't want to believe for one second that DX3 will be crap (whoever is in charge of development), so I'm still staying positive about it. :whistle:

jamesthefishy
30th Jun 2008, 23:29
NEXT ON FOX We put a forum up for a game and announce the release now watch as the nerds fight it out to see who had the bigger e-pen15

Kevyne-Shandris
1st Jul 2008, 00:32
NEXT ON FOX We put a forum up for a game and announce the release now watch as the nerds fight it out to see who had the bigger e-pen15

Or cry "FIRE" in the movie theater that's called Community Chat.

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 03:05
Or cry "FIRE" in the movie theater that's called Community Chat.

Bwahahahhahah :lol:

jamesthefishy
1st Jul 2008, 09:12
wow the mods REALLY do suck hard... they told me and i quote "I have cleared out the one bad thread I saw. Still at work so I haven't had time to go through the others." this was Yesterday, 11:02 PM and its 2 am now... How late does this guy work... I was expecting this one to be gone, but you know we are already off-topic so lets play, a game. First one who tells me the thread that he removed before he gets back from work gets the "secret awesome prize"

AgnosticJive
1st Jul 2008, 09:21
Well he must be working late since obviously everyone lives in the same time zone as you. Also you obviously weren't around when this forum used to catch the attention of moderators before, they won't delete this thread, they will lock it. Then again, this thread doesn't state that eidos is the uber bestest game company ever who farts roses and pisses 26k gold, so yeah...it probably will get locked.

As a moderator once told me "...free speech doesn't fly here, if you don't like how I do things, get out."

GoranAgar
1st Jul 2008, 09:26
As a moderator once told me "...free speech doesn't fly here, if you don't like how I do things, get out."
And that wasn't clear enough?

jamesthefishy
1st Jul 2008, 09:36
Well he must be working late since obviously everyone lives in the same time zone as you. Also you obviously weren't around when this forum used to catch the attention of moderators before, they won't delete this thread, they will lock it. Then again, this thread doesn't state that eidos is the uber bestest game company ever who farts roses and pisses 26k gold, so yeah...it probably will get locked.

I'd just like to say that the forum shows you everything in the same time zone and I just compared the time of the message against a post I had just posted... So, yeah... I know.

AgnosticJive
1st Jul 2008, 09:42
I'd just like to say that the forum shows you everything in the same time zone and I just compared the time of the message against a post I had just posted... So, yeah... I know.

Uhhhhh...you do know that all timestamps are changed in accordance with your profile options, right?

jamesthefishy
1st Jul 2008, 09:48
Uhhhhh...you do know that all timestamps are changed in accordance with your profile options, right?

yes but default it usually GMT or the company HQ time. I am assuming cause its -7 GMT that its the company time.

AgnosticJive
1st Jul 2008, 09:59
GMT -7 is Mountain Time. Considering that Eidos Interactive Headquarters is in London(Which is GMT)...I don't think that's the case. Also Eidos Montreal is of course...based in Montreal, which is Eastern Time (GMT -5).

So yeah...none of the time zones really match with what you're saying.

DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! DEUS EX 3! (gotta stay on topic otherwise the thread nazis will lock me down! ain't gonna call me useless, pick that cotton, tow that barge, ooooh massa,yessa massa.)

chip5541
1st Jul 2008, 10:24
When I get home from work I will respond.

Tsumaru
1st Jul 2008, 11:11
If people don't want the forums to be sucky; rather than ragging on the mods - stop posting rubbish. For example, rubbish might include posts which consist solely of complaining about the mods or state of the forum.

Also, the correct answer is that the big political argument in "Warren Spector Speaketh" got deleted. Also it kinda looks like the Rickroll thread by iWait got removed as well (either that or I just can't see it) at some point.

chip5541
1st Jul 2008, 11:47
wow the mods REALLY do suck hard... they told me and i quote "I have cleared out the one bad thread I saw. Still at work so I haven't had time to go through the others." this was Yesterday, 11:02 PM and its 2 am now... How late does this guy work... I was expecting this one to be gone, but you know we are already off-topic so lets play, a game. First one who tells me the thread that he removed before he gets back from work gets the "secret awesome prize"

As i said, I was at WORK so I was unable to go through all the threads but the one I worked on seemed to be the worst. I personally deleted posts that went against the rules that EVERYONE had to agree to before they were permitted to post. I think I started on it about 2am eastern time. Since I had other work to do, I am a night auditor in another line of work, I was unable to go through everything. It really blows my mind however that I thank you for bring to our attention some issues and this is how you respond.

jamesthefishy
1st Jul 2008, 11:50
Dude its your fault that this went on for so long unmoderated, your running a forum that is HUGE and international with a large amount of kids on it, you want me to feel sorry for you?

Think again.

chip5541
1st Jul 2008, 12:04
Dude its your fault that this went on for so long unmoderated, your running a forum that is HUGE and international with a large amount of kids on it, you want me to feel sorry for you?

Think again.

Why do you think there is a report button?

Tsumaru is correct. Enough is enough. This thread is really serving no particular use other than to bash the mods, Eidos or the devs. As such it is closed.