PDA

View Full Version : What to Do I Do Now?

Kevyne-Shandris
28th Jun 2008, 23:53
Okay, I left. I couldn't take waiting for DX3 anymore (DTs aren't a good thing). Simply had to get a grip and go play something else. So I found a couple games. Entertained for a while (was right on the Commandos Burma campaign, when the Burma typhoon struck -- so not really interested in returning now). :( Decided I needed stronger medicine, shopped around for MMOs (time sinks, right?).

I quit the MMO yesterday and now gameless.

No game to fill the time until DX3, and I'm probably annoying the MMO folks about this game. Tried America's Army, even. Could return to BF2142. Could even return to F.E.A.R. (I'm t-h-a-t desperate).

I've played out on DX1, so otherwise I'd return it. At this rate I could play it in my sleep.

Seriously, I've never been so wanting a game in my life until I learned DX3 was in the works. I goto other games, and what nicks do I use -- Deus Ex. Goto other forums, what do I talk about - Deus Ex. Listen to my music, what do I listen too -- the Deus Ex soundtrack (and now the extended .it action pieces -- yes, even went through THAT modplug mess to get it as a .mp3).

I'm not one to hype games, feel it's cheap. But I'm waiting for someone to tell me if I was paid by EIDOS to spam their forums, now. :/

So what do I do now? I want to play a game -- some time sink -- that I can just play and keep my mind off of either talking about DX3 (or DX1) and driving others crazy about it (waiting for my sis to wear her earplugs, next). :/

Advice?

Lady_Of_The_Vine
29th Jun 2008, 00:03
Hehe, loved your post. :D

I guess we all have an addiction of some sort or another for DX, so you are by no means alone. :p

If you are seeking a recommendation of what to play while you "wait-the-long-wait", have you tried Ridd ick: Escape from Butcher Bay?
You probably have, but if not... I think you would enjoy it. It is a dark and gritty game experience - I was VERY impressed with it; which is a feeling I don't experience a lot as I'm quite fussy, hehe. ;)
Its quite an oldie now, so should be cheap to buy.

gh0s7
29th Jun 2008, 00:07
Advice?

Get a life? :p

Just kidding, really.

If you like Strategy games, I'd recommend Civilization 4 plus its expansions -- I still occasionally burn a night playing it. Between work days. :o

The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (GotY edition preferable, but not essential) is another good option, if one enjoys CRPG's.

Painkiller, for FPS. Try finishing the game on the hardest or semi-hardest level of difficulty and get all the Tarot cards. Doing so is not impossible, just really really time-consuming.
Of course, if you've done so already, then please ignore this part. :o

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 00:41
Thanks guys. I'll go look the games up. Need something. Was getting a little too homesick talking about DX3 on the MMO forum of all places (god, if they made the DX world as a MMO, I'll be in heaven...I can dream, dream, dream).

Have Oblivion and all it's extensions. It kept me busy until I needed to listen to my music, and that is all it took to get into that DX3 mode again. :/

Serious addiction. They claim MMOs are addicting, played 2 and they just don't grab me. Really a SP RPG type, liking the immersion, not 101 folks chatting and grinding. May just go and grab the Thief series, too. EIDOS games seem to have nice music.

AaronJ
29th Jun 2008, 01:17
Try the mods Zodiac and Redsun, they're both amazing.

OH, AND THE MOTHER OF ALL AMAZING MODS, BURDEN OF 80 PROOF.

Absentia
29th Jun 2008, 01:32
The ScummVM engine, and 90s Lucasarts adventure games. It might be just me who has that obsession though. At the moment I've been trying to learn AGS (http://adventuregamestudio.co.uk) and the art of animating sprites to hopefully one day create my own 2D graphical adventure.

As MissDenton said, Chronicles of Ridd ick is an excellent game, In fact I was playing it again recently. Didn't realise you could get the enemy uniform from one of the lockers, that's brilliant!
Very atmospheric, action-packed and also contains a lot of stealth elements that you have to abide by through a large part of the game. One of the best feelings I had while playing it is the sense of empowerment I felt I had over everyone else - they give you lots of cool ways to kick ass.

For a very small amount of money, you can also buy Another World: 15th Anniversary (The Windows XP port of the original DOS game, with greatly improved graphics & performance.) If you hadn't already guessed, I'm quite fascinated by old games.
Another World will only take you about a day or two to complete, but it's brilliant, trust me.

Civ4 as mentioned earlier is good, and I've just aquired a demo of Warhammer: Dawn of War which i'm enjoying quite a lot so far.

Tsumaru
29th Jun 2008, 01:40
Three simple words, my friend:

Desktop Tower Defense.
http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD/Game.asp

For maximum anti-boredom efficiency, cycle on and off with a dose of Dolphin Olympics 2:
http://www.rawkins.com/games/do2/

I'm sure you were wanting an actual computer game, but I really don't have any suggestions along that line. Everyone has different interests. In the mean time though, flash games rock. Actually, speaking of which, Flash Portal is pretty badass too:
http://portal.wecreatestuff.com/

Kevyne-Shandris
29th Jun 2008, 02:29
Try the mods Zodiac and Redsun, they're both amazing.

OH, AND THE MOTHER OF ALL AMAZING MODS, BURDEN OF 80 PROOF.

Have Zodiac (it's very good, except for the modern day political emails -- broke the immersion). What ever happened to Steve? Really enjoyed his tuts on modding the game, too (and saved it before it disappears).

Redsun I thought I downloaded, but couldn't get installed. Didn't come with instructions like Zodiac.

Are the other mods at Fileplanet? Some I tried to download years ago and don't exist -- like the hotel one (been trying for ages to get it, it was pulled long ago).

gamer0004
29th Jun 2008, 08:28
Have Zodiac (it's very good, except for the modern day political emails -- broke the immersion). What ever happened to Steve? Really enjoyed his tuts on modding the game, too (and saved it before it disappears).

Redsun I thought I downloaded, but couldn't get installed. Didn't come with instructions like Zodiac.

Are the other mods at Fileplanet? Some I tried to download years ago and don't exist -- like the hotel one (been trying for ages to get it, it was pulled long ago).

Yes, I know the Redsun problem. There are two versions: one that does work and one that doesn't. I found that out after I downloaded another version. Try fileplanet or something like that. Try Google and download all the Redsuns you can find.
Personally, I didn't like it really much. It just gets boring after a while. I really liked ZODIAC (although the storyline isn't very good) and Burden of 80 proof is definately worth a try. Really liked that one.

jordan_a
29th Jun 2008, 15:47
Scadvid I suggest you take a look at the Baldur's Gate saga. Operation Flashpoint, Oblivion, Mafia, Hitman are very good games too.

DXeXodus
30th Jun 2008, 10:39
I too would definitely reccomend Rid****. Its a brilliant game. It is by far the best movie based game I have ever played.

Also try:

- SW: Knoghts of the old republic
- Red Faction 1
- System shock 2 (try the first maybe as well.. but its really, really old now)
- Gears of War (playing it now on PC and I'm actually really enjoying it - It's extremely mindless, but if played with the right mindset it is great)
-Alien Vs Predator 1+2
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R
- Oni
- Fable

I don't know which of those you have played. But they are all great games in their own right :)

mad_red
30th Jun 2008, 11:04
I too would definitely reccomend Rid****

:lol:

Planescape: Torment
(and if you liked the gameplay, try the Baldur's Gate series (which has a huge number of mods))

Also check out abandonia.com for some golden oldies. For example: Master of Magic (TBS), X-com, UFO defense (tactical). There's tons of other good games there.

As for newer games; go to gamespot or ign or so, line up the ones with the highest score and pick one at random. It'll be fun, but probably not very special.

commander 199514cc
30th Jun 2008, 12:44
Im more of a Military gamer. All i play are millitary games.

For a gamer like me i would recomend

-battlefeild bad company (very new) short but funny
-Company of heroes (old) but still very fun one of my favorit games

Kevyne-Shandris
1st Jul 2008, 00:38
Im more of a Military gamer. All i play are millitary games.

For a gamer like me i would recomend

-battlefeild bad company (very new) short but funny
-Company of heroes (old) but still very fun one of my favorit games

Can't touch that Battlefield game. It's like they literally threw a frag into the franchise. Saw the teasers and said, "WTF??" Cutesy stuff I just don't get into.

AaronJ
1st Jul 2008, 01:14
As is the present "EA Strategy" in 2142.

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 04:27
What systems have you got Scadvid?

Oh and, I wouldnt touch an EA game with a 30 foot pole.

chip5541
1st Jul 2008, 05:27
Playing Bad Company now. It is an ok game but gameplay wise very generic. Story wise it is ok.

For PC I recommend grabbing Battlestations: Midway if you want to play something fun but different. I also recommend Sins of a Solar Empire. I beta tested the game and even after the testing I still play it. Awesome game. You could also check out COD4 which kick major butt.

For the 360 I don't have a clue. I haven't touched it in months.

For teh PS3 that is an easy one. MGS4, Uncharted, Folklore, Super Stardust HD just to name a few.

Wii. Boom Blocks!!!

Tsumaru
1st Jul 2008, 05:46
Everyone hide, it's a mod! If we're careful, he might not see us.

HouseOfPain
1st Jul 2008, 05:51
Lol it's Agnostic Jive that better do the hiding XD

jamesthefishy
1st Jul 2008, 09:33
Well I usually download my games. So here is my huge list of the games I download

SMC
Mario Clone
http://www.secretmaryo.org/

Open Arena
Quake Clone
http://openarena.ws/

Alien Arena
UT clone
http://red.planetarena.org/

Nexuiz
I forget what game its cloned from.
http://www.alientrap.org/nexuiz/

Tremulous
Original of natural selection
http://tremulous.net/

Urban Terror
CS clone
http://www.urbanterror.net/news.php

Spring
A RTS system that is based off mods such as TA
http://spring.clan-sy.com/

Planeshift
A free EQ like MMORPG
http://www.planeshift.it/

This is why I am so hard on the games that I play, I play better ones for free most the time.

Games I didn't download

UT2k4 is ok, little play it... most live it.

Half-Life full series and mods I enjoy empire mod and pvkII sometimes. I like original cs over urban terror but both games dont hold candles to a lot of others.

There.com - Its kind of lame and boring but its "not a game" to its users its a graphical community, I call it game because when I played it everyone called it game. btw you can loose a lot of money there... its worse than wow and use to be ran by the us army.

Eve online is ok, I cant get into it because of the fact that it takes so long to do things... As well as the fighting feels like I'm a small piece in an RTS.

Vendetta online fixing the fighting and turns it into more of an action game but I am not sure how good it is, still haven't played much of it. 10 dollars a month is a little expensive.

I am sure there are others I cant think of right now...

gamer0004
1st Jul 2008, 20:19
Try Project: Snowblind.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
1st Jul 2008, 20:39
^
No comment. :o
Hehe. :D

I'm kind of curious about the "The Conduit", but I'm not suggesting it as the release date won't be until 2009, sorry. :p

High Voltage Quantum3 Tech Demo (Wii):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aW9BpamQSA
Game trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzBE6T4FMr8&feature=related
More info:
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/867/867498p1.html

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 03:21
So I went over to D2D to browse the games. Checked each category. Some publishers I'm boycotting, so that made it easier to narrow down (wish these sites had the boycott button -- automatically filters out titles from an offensive publisher...Sierra being the major one here [sorry no World of Conflict in this house]; and if Project Origin is the same, add Monolith titles for ruining the F.E.A.R. franchise for good. Don't need to support BAD game development).

Looked the games over and NONE interests me.

So I ordered pizza instead.

I can't even look at other games without remembering what I'll lose in playing them. They're not DX. Oh, some look so good, nice action and graphics and all. But will I have the freedom I did with DX? Will I get to care about the characters, even the baddies? Will there be a storyline that has me wanting to get to the end of the game (DX is one of the few games I played all the way through as long as it is -- I HAD to finish it -- so no, Spector, some games are meant to get to the "end game" and 3x at that to play all the endings).

I know what I'm getting with the pizza, I can't tell with a game. $39 went to the pizza, as $39 2 weeks ago went to a game I wish I could flush down the toilet today.

All I really want is DX modernized. Can't get that, so waiting (and trying as patiently as possible) for DX3. But this wait is killing my gaming experience. This Zyme called the DX universe is more addicting than crack, it colors my whole view of ALL gaming, and ALL I want is it. Every other title is like yesterday's headlines.

Please don't mess DX3 up Eidos. The wait has to be good.

HouseOfPain
2nd Jul 2008, 03:55
Scadvid, you should go Indie and make your own Deus Ex game.

chip5541
2nd Jul 2008, 04:06
Here is an awesome game but it is a tad old. Silent Storm. It is a tactical game in the vein of X-Com in a WWII setting. Great game.

Of course I also play Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (stunning!!), Pacific Storm: Allies (get the latest patch. This game is deep)

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 05:12
Here is an awesome game but it is a tad old. Silent Storm. It is a tactical game in the vein of X-Com in a WWII setting. Great game.

Of course I also play Nexus: The Jupiter Incident (stunning!!), Pacific Storm: Allies (get the latest patch. This game is deep)

Thanks for the heads up. I don't know if it'll be enough. :cry: Tried, really tried to be interested in other games. Play them for a couple weeks, and then I'm searching for that something that is missing. That something has me coming right back to DX.

I'm here now, because I'm gameless (and tuckered out of being creative to play DX for the nth time). Thought EQII, a MMO for Christ's sake, would entertain me for at least 3 months. Nope, it's deader than a level on DX after a wipeout, but without the fun (oh, wow a fancy chat service -- and I have to pay $15/mon for it? Forget it!). Don't really want to kill rats and bears, want to sniper NSF/MiB/MJ12 commandos, or just sneaking around them, or even listen to Simmon's creepy voice again.

Then I think about DX3. Of what can be, and how scared (yes, scared) if it is nothing like DX, or worse, DX:IW. The worst part is -- I can't tell, and the wait just keeps the what if/THEY'LL DESTROY IT war alive in my mind. I'm trying to drown that debate with a game -- or as now, posting 200000 posts to compensate.

Just one DX fan, but one with a serious DX addiction. EIDOS DON'T MESS UP DX3!!!!!

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 05:20
I'll go edit my avatar and sig for the forum. Have a nice DX set, but a tad too large for this forum.

Dts...dts...dts....

chip5541
2nd Jul 2008, 05:40
Well, if you have a Playstation or X-box you could pick up Mercenaries. Very cool game. Some of my action reports:

went to the spot with the choper and snipped 2 guys behind sand bags. A 3rd guy took off for the chopper and I shot but wasnt to focused and only winged him. *****ed me off* I watched as he climbed into the chopper and start the rotars. CRAP! I though. I'm going to lose it. The chopper lifted off the ground and I could see the guy through the glass. I took careful aim at his head and *POP!* the guy slumped over and fell out of the chopper. The chopper, once the guy fell out came back to rest on the landing pad with a thud! I ran over and hopped in. Very cool game.

CRAP! The copter by the village squished me! Copter starts coming at me firing rockets and bullets so I steadied my sites on the pilot with my sniper rifle. Fist shot missed because my body was being riddled with bullets. The 2nd shot hit home and the guys head was blown clear off. I lowered the rifle with a look of satisfaction as the rotar blades came to a stop and the copter came down out of the sky. My jubilation was short lived as I watched the copter come down and realize "CRAP! it's coming at me" Too late to run I could only watch in horror as my guy got git!
The lesson of the story..... gravity works

had stopped for a little while but have picked it back up. King of Diamonds is a real pain. Tanks, Jeeps, jammers and 3 AA batteries. On top of that jammers. it is making my life hell but I had a very cool thing happen. I destroyed the jammer and called in an order for a sniper rifle. I was on a mountain side with a landing pad. As the copter came in to drop off the goods I saw 2 missles streak up and nail the russian copter and it blew all to hell. Since it was moving towards me with the crate being lowered the debries started falling towards me. I ran a little then turned around. What did I see? The cockpit was on fire bouncing and rolling towards me. av_eek.gif It looked like the Killzone2 trailer from the PS3 showing. Very cool.

Lo Bruto
2nd Jul 2008, 09:25
Scadvid, you should go Indie and make your own Deus Ex game.

Hell yeah, I just working on my "Mercede Operation" mod. You'll be playing as Sam Carter... and will dispatch a whole platoon with a pocket knife.

Haha. Just try the Viking Walkthrough of DX. Knife, Crowbar and Sword only. DTS is for sissies. Augs are for losers.
PS. Killing a MIB in Melee is so cool, run.

And there are these mod GlobalNode already said, so... I recommend them too, with the addition of Shifter.

Why play other games if there is DX? :rolleyes:

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 15:38
DTS is for sissies. Augs are for losers.
PS. Killing a MIB in Melee is so cool, run.

Dts is slang for = delirium tantrums. You know nasty physical effects of a withdrawal?

Kevyne-Shandris
3rd Jul 2008, 04:48
So I cleaned my room. Cleaned it so good, now I can't find the DX disk!!

The ONE disk I need -- the ONE -- and I can't find it. Box and soundtrack disk, but no game disk.

AAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!

Broadband. Check.
D2D. Check.
CC#. Check.
HighSpeed Fileplanet download. Check.
Downloaded in about 10 minutes. Check!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Now Linus has his blankie. :cool:

Hmmmmm, better file organization too. Now don't get all the DOS box links of the disk GOTY. Plus, the editors aren't additional installs. NICE!

HouseOfPain
3rd Jul 2008, 04:59
Lmfao, you are so funny Scadvid :P

I too once lost my Deus Ex 3 disk and PANICKED!

Found it in the...freezer..?

Kevyne-Shandris
3rd Jul 2008, 05:14
Really wish companies would adopt this system D2D has with activation so there's no need to use the disk at all to play (one of the prime reasons I use D2D).

Have hundreds of disks, and the DX one could be buried in them. Found the Oblivion one (had to buy the disk version to use some mods), found the others, but the DX disk is in hide mode.

Tomorrow it'll be right before my eyes. Saying, "Remember me?" :mad2:

All for the love of the game!

chip5541
3rd Jul 2008, 05:20
Try having 4 kids and keeping anything, much less disks, in any kind or order. I am still missing several boot disks although I did my my STALKER last week.. with teeth marks. :mad2:

Kevyne-Shandris
3rd Jul 2008, 05:28
YIKES! I thought it was bad scratching the AOE disk when it fell behind the desk (WinISO you're a lifesaver!), but TEETH marks tops it all! :lol:

chip5541
3rd Jul 2008, 11:56
yeah. Let me tell you. Kids teeth are sharp.

c37579
3rd Jul 2008, 18:07
Lmfao, you are so funny Scadvid :P

I too once lost my Deus Ex 3 disk and PANICKED!

Found it in the...freezer..?

sorry, i had to point it out :whistle:

Romeo
3rd Jul 2008, 19:44
Yeah I'm not having kids until I'm on my 7th Ferrari. Which at my current income, should only take approximately 375 years to achieve.

AaronJ
5th Jul 2008, 02:58
I haven't had a DX disc for two years. I keep jumping back and forth on copies and DXMP Lite.

Kevyne-Shandris
6th Jul 2008, 02:11
Saturday night, 11pm... AND STILL NO GAME!!!!

Get into DX and all I want to do is mod it. Then when I get the passion to want to do so, remember "you don't have Lightwave, 3dsMax or Maya". So I think, why not kill a night in Wings3D and just create some still character models, for fun (besides it'll make a cool desktop photo)? Then I remember how long it took to create a face, and get more frustrated.

Go back to D2D. REALLY searched the titles. It must be bad when the Chess game looks more appealing than the other games. What has happened to gaming when THIS is offered -- either games that require it's own HDD to install; games requiring the latest $250+$300+$150 proc/videocard/memory to play half decently; and when you have all that hardware, BORED, of the offerings?

All I want is ONE game that isn't boring, can be played on most computers, and I can drown the want for DX3.

THERE HAS TO BE A GAME!!

chip5541
6th Jul 2008, 12:00
Saturday night, 11pm... AND STILL NO GAME!!!!

All I want is ONE game that isn't boring, can be played on most computers, and I can drown the want for DX3.

THERE HAS TO BE A GAME!!

http://www.linuxjournal.com/files/linuxjournal.com/linuxjournal/articles/059/5954/5954f1.png

Lady_Of_The_Vine
6th Jul 2008, 14:06
I enjoy online chess with "real" people playing against you. :cool:
I prefer chess to card games because these rely on an element of luck whereas chess relies on skill.

Coliphorbs
6th Jul 2008, 14:16
You could always play Fallout, whether you have or haven't. That game has incredible replayability value. And it's pretty close to DX as far as freedom-of-choice-within-a-given-story comes... actually, it surpasses DX in that regard.

Of course, it's isometric, not FP. Very solid story (though some think the 2nd one didn't live up to the 1st), very well done go-about-it-your-own-way approach to things.

Best computer RPG of all times, and deserving of the title.

Kevyne-Shandris
6th Jul 2008, 18:48
http://www.linuxjournal.com/files/linuxjournal.com/linuxjournal/articles/059/5954/5954f1.png

Have had this for solitaire gaming (great to have to when Comcast goes down!) for about 10 years now. Nice too, when you having a issue, the programmer is accessible and he patches accordingly...

http://www.gamesforone.com/solplus/index.htm

Rolled the dice this morning and got Silent Hunter (Sub sim). Not a bad game to play, but buggier than hell even patched. Played the second version of the series and it's fun trying to evade a destroyer hot on your tail. Just now have to read the 100 page tome to figure out the technical details of fighting in realistic mode. :scratch:

Think that game can hold me for a-w-h-i-l-e!

Tsumaru
7th Jul 2008, 00:35
I kid you not - I started a game of solitaire a few weeks back which not only was unwinnable... but it was an INSTANT fail. There was not a single move I could make.

chip5541
7th Jul 2008, 03:37
I have bot SHIII and Silent Hunter IV. Really great games. That was a good choice. You know you could always look up HoMM II, III or V (skip IV) or you could check out Puzzle Quest which is an awesome game and prob one of my top 20 games of all time. Check out teh demo if you haven't tried it yet. It is a cross between a puzzle game and a RPG. A real Peanut Butter Cup moment.

AaronJ
7th Jul 2008, 16:45
Max Payne and Freedom Fighters.

And its best not to ask about Freedom Fighters 2. Just don't.

Romeo
8th Jul 2008, 07:31
Silent Hill in general are very good games, I just loved how beautifully orchestrated and interwoven the first two were.

chip5541
8th Jul 2008, 07:38
Silent Hill series is pretty good although I think SH was inreference to the Silent Hunter series. If you like Silent Hill then you really need to check out Fatal Frame.

Romeo
8th Jul 2008, 07:42
I have, it's also very good, jut didn't have the same magic to me though...

jordan_a
8th Jul 2008, 17:39
THERE HAS TO BE A GAME!!Real life? :whistle:

chip5541
8th Jul 2008, 19:56
I have, it's also very good, jut didn't have the same magic to me though...

trust me, get a fog machine, turn out the lights and turn up the volume... :nut:

Kevyne-Shandris
9th Jul 2008, 03:59
Real life? :whistle:

That's work, not life!! :rasp:

My eyes are red as can be playing the sub game. After some trial and error runs (the manual is useless, nothing is explained worth a hoot. Have to goto YouTube for the tuts on manual aiming, even). Now can zip my little sub INTO the pens with the enemy ships, and slowly go down them to blow the ships' waterline (saves shells and protects from the crossfire). So far, the most ship kills is from the deck gun, not torpedoes.

The game is v-e-r-y long, just want I needed (and prefer, not these 10hr-finish-in-one-night games).

Romeo
9th Jul 2008, 04:15
trust me, get a fog machine, turn out the lights and turn up the volume... :nut:

Sounds like another party I was at...

No, it was creepy, much like Silent Hill. But I appreciated Silent Hill plot more. =)

DXeXodus
9th Jul 2008, 08:52
Seriously.. play Ridd ick

Lady_Of_The_Vine
9th Jul 2008, 12:16
^
Absolutely.... without any doubt. :cool:

The widow's son
10th Jul 2008, 10:14
Yeees I loved Ridd ick, there was something romantic about kidney-stabbing as many people as you could find with a screwdriver...

Kevyne-Shandris
21st Jul 2008, 09:30
Well, the gaming didn't last too long, as I'm right back.

SH4 isn't a bad game, but I got so frustrated with the dials I spent more time modding them than actually playing the game. Then when I get the dials loaded found that beautiful brass shiny ring is a mess when downscaled (why does that game downsize graphics, higher res is suppose to be higher quality images?!).

Now I'm back in frustration. Maybe I should return to EQII for a week (a game I'm tiring quick as it's a MMO = MP action type game, where ingenuity in solving situations does not equate [at least in SH4 I have options of sinking ships]).

Come on DX devs. Get this game out within my lifetime! The wait is c-r-u-e-l!!