PDA

View Full Version : Keir: Sytem requirments

Red October
26th Jun 2008, 13:48
Keir, do know any of the system requirments for BSP? It would be nice to early on since it is high end game. And once i know the EXACT requirments i can have my friend put them up on System requirments lab early.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest

Colosseum
26th Jun 2008, 14:00
It's a bit early for them to speculate on system reqs....

-=)CSF(=-Akagi
26th Jun 2008, 14:12
It's a bit early for them to speculate on system reqs....
system requirments is only important for pc version isnt it??:scratch:
it s not important for xbox or? thats all the same or?:scratch:
i think im rdy for it, whatever comes:
P4 dual core 6850 : 2x 3,0 GHZ
XFX Gforce 8800 ultra
2048 Corsair Ram

Colosseum
26th Jun 2008, 14:38
Yes, system reqs. only affect PC users. The Xbox 360 version will be tuned to work with the 360.

M0n3y
26th Jun 2008, 19:59
don't put them too high...
Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon 4400+
Nvidea GeForce 8500GT
2GB RAM

=)

Red October
26th Jun 2008, 20:11
don't put them too high...
Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Athlon 4400+
Nvidea GeForce 8500GT
2GB RAM

=)

Your Graphics card should be fine at medium but your cpu might be pushing it.

M0n3y
28th Jun 2008, 18:39
i play at high i think...:scratch:
gonna check it ;)

Red October
28th Jun 2008, 19:10
i play at high i think...:scratch:
gonna check it ;)

For Pacific, your graphics card would have to run at medium, i mean look at the movie its asome!!!:D Your possessor i read up on it today and i'm sorry :( i seriously doubt i could run Pacific. Just looking at the movie that is a lot of prosses to run, and all the new games are being built for quad cores.

Bismarck1990
29th Jun 2008, 07:39
I wont be able to run it properly. And I'm not buying a 360 and paying for Live when I'm already gonna buy a PS3.

LT.-Fuse_Wolve
10th Jul 2008, 04:30
I wont be able to run it properly. And I'm not buying a 360 and paying for Live when I'm already gonna buy a PS3.

lol i remember saying that once.... and then i bought a 360.... so now im sitting on a ps3, 360 and my pc... truth is i barely touch both console lately... but GOW2 and BF:Bad Company may get me back to xbox live, and madden 09 to ps3 :D, until BSP comes out of course :rasp:

skyfox
10th Jul 2008, 06:08
How about my friendly desktop?

P4 3.0G
ATI X300 128M
1.5G RAM

Gonna be too weak for game? :mad2:

Keir
10th Jul 2008, 08:49
I'll do some digging, but it might be a bit early to say yet.

Keir
11th Jul 2008, 09:05
Yeah so I've looked into it, and it won't be for a little while yet, but I'll keep you guys posted.

F4F
11th Jul 2008, 17:18
Is 1 GB ram to few??

andy3536
11th Jul 2008, 18:17
Is 1 GB ram to few??

1GB will run the game, not on high but it'll run.

M0n3y
11th Jul 2008, 18:24
For Pacific, your graphics card would have to run at medium, i mean look at the movie its asome!!!:D Your possessor i read up on it today and i'm sorry :( i seriously doubt i could run Pacific. Just looking at the movie that is a lot of prosses to run, and all the new games are being built for quad cores.
that's why i have an xbox360 :D

xgamerms999
14th Jul 2008, 02:52

That's what my friend did, then he ended up buying a 360. Now his PS3 gathers dust. He dusts it off time to time to watch Blue Ray movies. Also, XBL is much better than pso (that is what it's called if I remember correctly).

Red October
14th Jul 2008, 13:34
How about my friendly desktop?

P4 3.0G
ATI X300 128M
1.5G RAM

Gonna be too weak for game? :mad2:

Dosen't look good i doubt you will be able to run it.

Don't worry i'm in the same boat with you that is my exact setup also :) i'm having to build a new machine for BSP.

W4lt3r89
19th Jul 2008, 21:29
I beleive my rig can run the game on med/high i guess?

AMD 64 Dualcore running in total of 6.2 GHZ (Slightly overclocked)
Ati Radeon Saphire 3870 X2 HD graphcard
3 GB Corsair RAM

Or am i wrong? do i need to upgrade to quadcore processor?

Arrow
20th Jul 2008, 04:38
I wish BSP would be able to run on older comps, that way I know for sure that it actually works on mine.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core at 2.21GHz with 2 gigs of RAM. I also have an ATI Saffire X1950 (Pro?) graphics card that may or may not be broken (having issues, beside the point) so hopefully I'll be able to run it.

M0n3y
20th Jul 2008, 07:13
i can play BSM on max with my settings...

Red October
20th Jul 2008, 13:33
I beleive my rig can run the game on med/high i guess?

AMD 64 Dualcore running in total of 6.2 GHZ (Slightly overclocked)
Ati Radeon Saphire 3870 X2 HD graphcard
3 GB Corsair RAM

Or am i wrong? do i need to upgrade to quadcore processor?

Quads are over rated the dual core you have should work fine.

Red October
20th Jul 2008, 13:39
I wish BSP would be able to run on older comps, that way I know for sure that it actually works on mine.

I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core at 2.21GHz with 2 gigs of RAM. I also have an ATI Saffire X1950 (Pro?) graphics card that may or may not be broken (having issues, beside the point) so hopefully I'll be able to run it.

Wow unless you typed the wrong number then that graphics card could defently handle Pacific. It cost around $240 hear in the states, but you processor :( not going to make the cut :( That is an old workstation processor.
But there is a hope if you know your mother board's name you could upgrade to a better processor just make sure it is compatible.

Arrow
20th Jul 2008, 14:16
Maybe the last number at the end makes a difference. I regrettably don't know crap about stuff like this. I just know what each part does =P

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 4200+ (it can run C&C3, so I imagine it should be able to run BSP)

Red October
20th Jul 2008, 15:53
Maybe the last number at the end makes a difference. I regrettably don't know crap about stuff like this. I just know what each part does =P

AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual-core 4200+ (it can run C&C3, so I imagine it should be able to run BSP)

Cool, whatever floats your boat, i am having to build a new computer. Because my little Pentium 4 with a 128mb graphics card can barley play BSM.

Arrow
20th Jul 2008, 15:56
Do you really think that it won't be able to run BSP though?

Red October
20th Jul 2008, 16:26
Do you really think that it won't be able to run BSP though?

It will be close. You can know for sure as soon as the system requirments come out. Then you go to System requirments lab.com and it scans your computer and tells you. But we don't have the system requirments for the site yet.

Madhound13
18th Sep 2008, 03:15
Duuuuuude are you telling me that my single core 2.4Ghz AMD Athlon 3800 Processor cant run this game!?!?!

So then my new 8400GS and 500W PSU and 2GB of ram I paid $180 for is useless!?!??!?!!?!?

And my 360 disk reader is broken! GAH I HATE YOU! :/

Well aparently from that systemrequirements website I am able to run Crysis, and it says I have a 2.4Ghz CPU rated at 3.8Ghz...? What does that mean.

chip5541
18th Sep 2008, 05:15
Until the specs are released, everything is conjecture. I would suggest a little patience until the specs are released which should not be much longer.

Madhound13
18th Sep 2008, 15:27
Well he said that "for sure" my processor can't run the game when it comes out. I run some high end games that take up a lot of processes and the performance was still always reliant on my graphics card, because I use to use my older integrated 6150LE card and had bad performance.

Plugged in the new video card and performance is 10x better, and the processor never seemed to make a difference.

But I suppose that with so many processes with so many ships and guns and kabooms in the game that there will be too many processes for the processer to handle and send through my FSB to my graphics card. Even though I thought it was the video card that handled the majority of processes that has to do with 3D graphics. Would that be correct?

Maybe out of experience you could tell me if my processor would have a chance? :)

Any Idea if there might be an MP beta?

com345
18th Sep 2008, 19:09
im still confident that my quadcore and 8800GTX can handle most of what is going to come!

Madhound13
18th Sep 2008, 19:31
Dude of course your quad core and 8800GTX can handle this game on max high. Just like it can run all the other high end games Like crysis Bioshock, COD4.

I'm just worried about my poor single core and 8400GS :/

M0n3y
19th Sep 2008, 16:45
I'm just worried about my poor single core and 8400GS :/
i have a dual core, and an NVIDEA GeForce 8500GT, so that's not that much difference and i play BSM on max settings with little to no lag

Polarshark
29th Sep 2008, 23:22
how strong are intel quad cores?

and are 9800GT the best graphics card

Red October
30th Sep 2008, 00:07
how strong are intel quad cores?

and are 9800GT the best graphics card

ITrl quad cores a very strong, Stronger than AMD and more overclokable. I am running a q6600 it is blazing fast. If you have a quad or a medium end dual core then you can defenty run this game.

No 9800gt is the not the best i guess you mean 9800gtx?

The best graphics card is debatable. The Gtx 260 is pretty good but the ATI 4850 offers most bang for the buck.

If you are planing on installing a new graphics card make shure you can support its apatite. The 4850 alone sucks up 210 watts i think.

Polarshark
30th Sep 2008, 19:19
ITrl quad cores a very strong, Stronger than AMD and more overclokable. I am running a q6600 it is blazing fast. If you have a quad or a medium end dual core then you can defenty run this game.

No 9800gt is the not the best i guess you mean 9800gtx?

The best graphics card is debatable. The Gtx 260 is pretty good but the ATI 4850 offers most bang for the buck.

If you are planing on installing a new graphics card make shure you can support its apatite. The 4850 alone sucks up 210 watts i think.

thx red october you've been a great help

btw i have a 8600GT 512 mb and quad kinda sucky compared to people with 8800GTs

Red October
30th Sep 2008, 19:46
thx red october you've been a great help

btw i have a 8600GT 512 mb and quad kinda sucky compared to people with 8800GTs

No Graphics card is sucky if it works for what you do. One of my machines has some old radeon 128mb and i use that machine for internet and typing mainly. And the card suites me just fine. It is all up to you on what kind of card suites your need.

Polarshark
27th Oct 2008, 21:07
which graphics from the game do you think is more powerful? and more you know better looking realistic?

BSP or far cry 2??

i hope BSP will ahve the same graphics configuartion as far cry cause if you're using directX 10
because you have no choice but high, very high, and ultra high as the settings

man i want a 8800GT but i'll try researching on the 4870 HD ati graphics card thing

Red October
28th Oct 2008, 02:20
which graphics from the game do you think is more powerful? and more you know better looking realistic?

BSP or far cry 2??

Can't really say since i havn't seen the finished product of BSP. To tell you the truth i find the shading and textures on Far Cry to be not all that great. Like get in a field of grass and the blades are all flat and the same coulour. But it still classifies as a high end game.

It3llig3nc3
28th Oct 2008, 08:31
I do not know if BS:P needs to be compared with FarCry2.
The graphical issues of the two game are completely different.
FC2 is dominated by land and small details around a single player while BS:P is more about huge fields of sea, islands and relatively big and detailed units (ships). Each game engine is heavily optimized for it's purpose therefore the only question you could raise is which team lived up to the expectations in their own world. Until BS:P is out it's up to speculation to which I can't contribute a lot.

One piece of information comes to my mind to illustrate the difference between the two above mentioned titles.
Far Cry 2 allows you to cover 50sqm territory so it's about a "box" 7 x 7 miles.
BS:P was said to be played on a 20 x 20 miles map which is 400sqm!

What a difference!

Red October
28th Oct 2008, 21:11
I do not know if BS:P needs to be compared with FarCry2.
The graphical issues of the two game are completely different.
FC2 is dominated by land and small details around a single player while BS:P is more about huge fields of sea, islands and relatively big and detailed units (ships). Each game engine is heavily optimized for it's purpose therefore the only question you could raise is which team lived up to the expectations in their own world. Until BS:P is out it's up to speculation to which I can't contribute a lot.

One piece of information comes to my mind to illustrate the difference between the two above mentioned titles.
Far Cry 2 allows you to cover 50sqm territory so it's about a "box" 7 x 7 miles.
BS:P was said to be played on a 20 x 20 miles map which is 400sqm!

What a difference!

Yah good point a FSP can't really be compared with BSP. I wonder if the entier 400sqm will be visible in aplane our if it will have that fog, or mabey actually use the curvature of the earth.

Polarshark
29th Oct 2008, 01:41
Yah good point a FSP can't really be compared with BSP. I wonder if the entier 400sqm will be visible in aplane our if it will have that fog, or mabey actually use the curvature of the earth.

i'm not talking about miles i'm talking about visual differences

or just tell me what game has graphics that are similar to BSP

so i can compare

btw red october

got any hints on how to build a good pc?

graphic cards? # of rams? for a good deal?

It3llig3nc3
29th Oct 2008, 07:39
Polar,

1. Comparable existing title with BS:P - very difficult question. To be honest there is none that really comes to my mind. If I HAVE to say something I would propose the Battlefield 2 or the subsequent series (2142). But that is still not the best.

2. About building an PC - this is a VERY broad question and there are many factors to it, starting with identifying your budget - the amount of money you can afford to spend on it.
Then comes the personal "taste" and beliefs about the various manufacturers for components.
If somebody asks me about this I typically mention one "Golden" Rule: the key for building a good gaming PC is to make sure each component (mobo+processor+memory+videocard+sound+HDD) are equally balanced. If you forget about this, you could have the most expensive videocard for example and still having performance issues if another component is weak.

A good hint that I know of: if you have access to a magazine called PC Gamer in each and every issue they list 3 configuration for gamers: HIGH-END, MEDIUM, "BUDGET". Those component mixes are more or less OK and gives you an idea about what you can get for how much of a $$$

Polarshark
29th Oct 2008, 20:02
hmmm

pc gamer i'll look into that

don't know how i'll get it though

don't wanna order anything

oh yeah
has there been any cases where the graphics card is too big to fit in the graphics card slot

(ie. 9800GT>8600GT) will the amount of space fit?

Red October
29th Oct 2008, 23:21
hmmm

oh yeah
has there been any cases where the graphics card is too big to fit in the graphics card slot

Not into a slot, but into a case yes, i was building a computer where the guy wanted two Nvida 280s (massive card)!!! in an antec 500.

It3llig3nc3
31st Oct 2008, 07:46
hmmm

oh yeah

Read this and you'll see what you can get for $500, $1500, $4500 :D
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/system-builder-marathon,review-31402.html

Red October
1st Nov 2008, 02:25
Read this and you'll see what you can get for $500, $1500, $4500 :D
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/system-builder-marathon,review-31402.html

Thats the great the about building your own comp, everything if taylor made to you and your needs, without all the added junk that raises the price.

It3llig3nc3
1st Nov 2008, 09:07
Right on the point! Custom built computers are much more price/performance effective. Downside is that you really need to know what you're doing as you can't bring back the entire box saying it does not work. Only warranty on individual parts exists :D

andy3536
1st Nov 2008, 12:31
Right on the point! Custom built computers are much more price/performance effective. Downside is that you really need to know what you're doing as you can't bring back the entire box saying it does not work. Only warranty on individual parts exists :D

It's the best option for a gamer.
And knowing about the PC is never a bad thing.

Polarshark
2nd Nov 2008, 19:11
that's the bad thing if you want a new graphics card

you'll have to check if your PC can handle it ( power supply)
now most grpahics card like 8800GT needs 400Watts

and probably new processer or more ram

next time i'll buy a custom built computer rather than a stupid package

by the way

what'll happen if i get more RAM?

Red October
2nd Nov 2008, 20:46
that's the bad thing if you want a new graphics card

you'll have to check if your PC can handle it ( power supply)
now most grpahics card like 8800GT needs 400Watts

and probably new processer or more ram

next time i'll buy a custom built computer rather than a stupid package

by the way

what'll happen if i get more RAM?

Your computer will load faster open programs faster and all around improve, if you get more ram. Make shure you get the right type though, if you have and older computer it will use SDRAM, or a newer computer it will use DDR2. Mix up the ram types and your computer crashes FOREVER, no just kidding :rasp: the ram won't even fit in the slot.

It3llig3nc3
3rd Nov 2008, 16:46
Systems built and ordered from parts does not automatically ensure optimal performance not to mention price/performance.
I can build an XPS7xx on Dell's site that is completely out of balance for gaming performance.

What matters is that you understand the logic and connections between the parts so an educated selection can be done. Unless there is unlimited money available (in which case buying the most expensive from everything works) there are trade-offs and harmonization.

Motherboard, CPU, VideoCard, Memory and even the SoundCard can cost you double digit performance loss if incorrectly selected.

Why am I writing this? Because based on comments above if somebody here can not really figure out what happens if he puts more memory into the PC why do we think he will be capable of selecting a good configuration?

I do not mean to "talk down" certain people just warn them to face reality!

Polarshark
3rd Nov 2008, 20:39
anyone know a good graphics card ( similar to 8800GT) for a good price

and that you can get it at a computer store? (ie. futureshop, bestbuy, circuit city etc.)

It3llig3nc3
3rd Nov 2008, 22:00
ATI HD 4850
best price/performance ratio in these days

Polarshark
3rd Nov 2008, 22:54
ATI HD 4850

thx intelligence

i'll look on it

i'm looking for a grphics card that cost about $100

and i can get it if my marks are 80+ average

but i'm mostly looking for a graphics card similar to 8800GT with a LOW price =)

Polarshark
3rd Nov 2008, 23:11
ATI HD 4850

thx intelligence

i'll look on it

i'm looking for a grphics card that cost about $100

and i can get it if my marks are 80+ average

Red October
3rd Nov 2008, 23:43
Systems built and ordered from parts does not automatically ensure optimal performance not to mention price/performance.
I can build an XPS7xx on Dell's site that is completely out of balance for gaming performance.

What matters is that you understand the logic and connections between the parts so an educated selection can be done. Unless there is unlimited money available (in which case buying the most expensive from everything works) there are trade-offs and harmonization.

Motherboard, CPU, VideoCard, Memory and even the SoundCard can cost you double digit performance loss if incorrectly selected.

Why am I writing this? Because based on comments above if somebody here can not really figure out what happens if he puts more memory into the PC why do we think he will be capable of selecting a good configuration?

I do not mean to "talk down" certain people just warn them to face reality!

Was this referd to me?! I merily explain it like this as to not overcomplicate things. I know exactly what happens happens when memory is put in acomputer and i have around 500 custom built computers and repairs for experience, not to mention 3 years of college in electronic engeneering to back that up.

Polarshark
4th Nov 2008, 01:17
what'll happen if my graphics card is somewhere between the minumum and recommeneded settings and i put everything on MAX?

will i feel any lag going on?

or will my ram and cpu back it up?

Red October
4th Nov 2008, 01:29
what'll happen if my graphics card is somewhere between the minumum and recommeneded settings and i put everything on MAX?

will i feel any lag going on?

or will my ram and cpu back it up?

Your Ram and Cpu can only do so much. Your frame rates will decrese as the graphics card's cpu try to prcess an render the frames at such high settings, so yes you will probally lag out.

Polarshark
4th Nov 2008, 01:47
lol red october

you're so active on the forums

don't worry so am i ( twice a day, after school)

by the way

any chances if it's on directX 10

there'll be no other graphics option lower than high cause that's what happens on far cry 2

and the difference between low and ultra high is hardly noticable

Red October
4th Nov 2008, 03:01
lol red october

you're so active on the forums

don't worry so am i ( twice a day, after school)

by the way

any chances if it's on directX 10

there'll be no other graphics option lower than high cause that's what happens on far cry 2

and the difference between low and ultra high is hardly noticable

hmm.. never heard of dx10 giving you only high as an option?? If i'm not mistaken Crysis runs dx10 and has low and high settings (can anyone one conform)? And as far as low and ultra high that all depends on the game.

com345
4th Nov 2008, 17:10
crysis can only be run on very high with DX10 if that is what you meant!
high and below works also with DX9c

Polarshark
4th Nov 2008, 22:17
what are the prices of new games at FIRST release?

like approximately

Red October
5th Nov 2008, 01:51
what are the prices of new games at FIRST release?

like approximately

I don't know $50 dallars mabey, i am not preordering pacific i am buying it from newegg when it comes out cause they are always a little cheeper.

Polarshark
5th Nov 2008, 02:14
red october

if you were to sell a graphics card

how am i suppose to do it?

i can't do it online

can i sell them to computer shops?

(futureshop,bestbuy,circuit city, etc)

cause i'm planning to get the ATI HD radeon 4850 (thank u intelligence)

Polarshark
6th Nov 2008, 20:52
wow

now i played some games

noticed how weak my 8600GT is

how good is the 4850

Red October
6th Nov 2008, 21:18
wow

now i played some games

noticed how weak my 8600GT is

how good is the 4850

The 4850 is asome. It is what i am using, i am using the one made by HIS with the nice cooler on the acount of the 4850 runs with a perpetuall fever. But yah the 4850 will run bsp all high settings probally.

Polarshark
6th Nov 2008, 21:52
red october how much did it cost ya to buy the 4850?

right now in futureshop
i'm looking at $199
and a new 500watts powersupply ($150)

you know any other retailers where they sell it for cheap?

not online websites

i have a HP m920f model pavillion elite

Red October
6th Nov 2008, 23:27
red october how much did it cost ya to buy the 4850?

right now in futureshop
i'm looking at $199
and a new 500watts powersupply ($150)

you know any other retailers where they sell it for cheap?

not online websites

i have a HP m920f model pavillion elite

Mine was 170 after mail in rebate.
I wish you could use online, newegg has one for 140.
That power supply is a ripoff!!! My is a corsair 750 watt and it was 120
I have never heard of future shop, must be a northern store.
Do you have a Microcenter they are the best not online store, or just compare prices till you find a good price.

billyfromhill
7th Nov 2008, 02:19
You can get a 500 Watt PSU made by OCZ at Newegg for $20 after rebate. I use one and it works great.

Polarshark
8th Nov 2008, 17:13
about newegg

is it all new or used?

and you know some ati radeon HD 4850

when i typed that in

it gave me different companies but with radeon HD 4850

is it the same as ATI?

and what happens if you buy a graphics card but it doesn't fit inside your comp?

Red October
8th Nov 2008, 17:31
about newegg

is it all new or used?

and you know some ati radeon HD 4850

when i typed that in

it gave me different companies but with radeon HD 4850

is it the same as ATI?

and what happens if you buy a graphics card but it doesn't fit inside your comp?

Newegg is all new merchandise.
Yes those are all ATI Graphics boards and chip sets. Some companies put and after market cooler on theirs and factory over clock the processor.
If you buy a graphics card that dosen't fit you can try to mod the case (not recommended) or return the card Newegg has amazing customer support and will help you get your money back.
The 4850 is a reletivly short card compared to some, so it will probably fit.

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 01:02
so red october

will the 4850 fit if it's smaller than the slot?

u got any clue if the 4850 is similar in size to the 8600gt?

Red October
9th Nov 2008, 02:00
so red october

will the 4850 fit if it's smaller than the slot?

u got any clue if the 4850 is similar in size to the 8600gt?

What do you mean smaller than the slot. The 4850 fits in a PCIE slot no other slot.

The 4850 is 9.75 inches long
The 8600 is i think 4 inches long

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 03:08
oh crap

no way that'll fit in my comp

9.75 inches long??? u sure?

where u get that info?

by the way i was talking if the 4850 was smaller than the slot used to put grpahics card will it fit and still function properly

Red October
9th Nov 2008, 13:36
oh crap

no way that'll fit in my comp

9.75 inches long??? u sure?

where u get that info?

by the way i was talking if the 4850 was smaller than the slot used to put grpahics card will it fit and still function properly

With a tape mesure, i measured mine.

Still not understanding you. The 4850 needs a PCI E to plug into no other slot. If you are fefering to the slot on the back of your case that really dosen't matter as long as you are able to plug stuff in to the card, though it is still a good idea to have the rear panel of the card thumb screed into the case if there is one.

Tell me your case, and i can look 9.75 is not that large.

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 14:58
my model is a Hp pavillion elite m9250f

it's a monitor+destop package

i' ve read some reviews about this comp online and people claimed that they've put in a 8800gt inside that specific computer and bought a higher power supply.

Red October
9th Nov 2008, 15:12
my model is a Hp pavillion elite m9250f

it's a monitor+destop package

i' ve read some reviews about this comp online and people claimed that they've put in a 8800gt inside that specific computer and bought a higher power supply.

Wow that case has an interesting layout:eek: But the way its designed will let you put a large graphics card in there.

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 15:14
so it can fit right?

so i guess i'm all set to know that both the PSu and 4850 can fit inside my comp

i just need to wait till boxing day till i can buy it though

i'm not gonna let any retailers do the installing for me though

do you know any websites that tell you how to install the PSu and graphics card?

Red October
9th Nov 2008, 15:32
so it can fit right?

so i guess i'm all set to know that both the PSu and 4850 can fit inside my comp

i just need to wait till boxing day till i can buy it though

do you know any websites that tell you how to install the PSu and graphics card?

Just You tube it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ILrq7lMe-0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvClS_M-09o

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 15:39
i tried some youtube videos already

but i'll see your examples

they might be better

thx for all your help by the way

oh yeah is the 4850 similar to the geforce 280?

Red October
9th Nov 2008, 15:44
i tried some youtube videos already

but i'll see your examples

they might be better

thx for all your help by the way

oh yeah is the 4850 similar to the geforce 280?

The 280 is still a more powerfull card, but the 4850 can be clocked to beat the 280 in some games.

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 15:52
what's overclocking

and what do you have to do to get it?

Red October
9th Nov 2008, 16:08
what's overclocking

and what do you have to do to get it?

Overclocking is the increasing of the frequency of the electrical input to a processor. On high end computers you can overclock from the BIOS, or you can download a program to overclock. I usually encourage people to get out and try new things with their computer, but not overclocking. Overclocking requires knowledge of FSB frequencies and voltage multipliers. You can really mess up your computer by overheating the processor or the video card. Also the 4850 is not very overclock able unless it has a massive cooler even not overclocked the 4850 runs hot.

It3llig3nc3
9th Nov 2008, 16:10

You seem to be very determined for this exercise :D Brave!

If you go into this I would recommend a few things assuming you haven't done this before:
1. It's a good idea to watch YouTube videos about the procedure
2. You seem to have an HP system that might be under warranty. Make sure you check it with HP the conditions to keep the warranty after the upgrade
3. The tricky part for you will be changing the PSU since that requires unplugging all the various system components and re-plugging again. While you do this make sure you do not touch and/or scratch anything accidentally and also you do not drop anything on the motherboard. It might sound silly but many times these careless moments can cause a major headache later.
4. Change only ONE part at a time - since it's your first experience. First swap out the PSU and check if everything works fine (fire up the system for a few minutes) and then in a second step change the graphic card. If something goes wrong this will help narrowing down where the problem is coming from.
5. Make sure you have all the right equipment starting with screwdrivers preferably with magnetic head.

Good luck :D Let us know how it went. Take pictures of every step.

Polarshark
9th Nov 2008, 16:23
judging from seeing tomb raider underworld's system requirements

i'm guessing that BSP might need the nvidia 9800gtx+ or ati radeon 4800 series to play on max

kinda harsh now isn't it?