PDA

View Full Version : --TR Legend Replica '' The Ghalali Key''--

Dais-vs-Lara
25th Jun 2008, 19:49
Hello everyone :D
i made the Ghalali Key from TR Legend with clay ,
the same size as in the game and many details like the green and white chirstals .
i did quit long about it :eek: ...
she finds the Ghalali Key in the burned down plane in nepal .
i even made a Certificate for it with '' lara's '' autograph :p
i'm 17 years old now , but i always ( as i can remember ) was busy with drawing or working with clay or painting etc.
i hope you like the 2 pics :)
p.s sorry for my bad english :mad2:
XXX
http://i27.tinypic.com/omce1.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/15d9820.jpg

Spong
25th Jun 2008, 19:53
That's some good work DvL, it looks very authentic in its detail. Well done :thumbsup:
I like the extra touch of creating the certificate too. What does the text on the certificate actually say?

Jurre
25th Jun 2008, 19:57
That's pretty cool! well done.

Darcy-123
25th Jun 2008, 20:05
oh my god your 17 and you still on this you badly need to get a life :eek:

Dais-vs-Lara
25th Jun 2008, 20:14

i have a life ;)
p.s i'm a fan for 9 years .... that's way i'm on '' this''
and becous i'm 17 it's crazy that i'm still after the computer ?
sorry but if someone was 14 or 15 i would say that what you just sayd
here in holland are things a little bit different probably :p
xxx

Dais-vs-Lara
25th Jun 2008, 20:26
That's some good work DvL, it looks very authentic in its detail. Well done :thumbsup:
I like the extra touch of creating the certificate too. What does the text on the certificate actually say?

thanks for you're compliment :)
the certificate picture i deleted for Eidos ( there stands : best regards eidos intercactive .london )
i realy did that for my own to let look it a bit real i hope they don't get mad becous of that :(

i tried my best to make it so official as possible
( p.s sorry for my bad english :mad2: )
xxx

Dukem
25th Jun 2008, 20:52
That's gorgeous, Dais-vs-Lara! :D It looks like you've put a tremendous amount of effort into that, and it truly shows how much you love Tomb Raider. :) Don't listen to Darcy-123. Something tells me that he's just jealous. ;)

P.S. I doubt that they'd mind about the Eidos thing. :)

Treeble
25th Jun 2008, 21:11
Incredible work and yup, Darcy-123 is probably just jealous. Keep up the great work! :thumbsup:

chubbywubby
25th Jun 2008, 21:22

Well Thats Just PLain RUDE
He Did Something CREATIVE why are you Bringing him DOWN:eek:

Tomb-Dude
25th Jun 2008, 23:18

That was a bit out of order ****

But anyways nice work and keep it up i say your talented in that line of work. Would love to see some other work if you have any:rolleyes:

Rai
26th Jun 2008, 00:21
That's wonderful! You're obviously very creative and talented. :D

rabid metro
26th Jun 2008, 03:21
... i tried my best to make it so official as possible
only i think Eidos isn't very happy with this ...

first off, your work is fantastic. very realistic and detailed. i wish i could make something like that for myself. i almost would like an item like this to be commercially available ...

you should be very careful about representing yourself as an agent of either CD or Eidos. i think you are in a gray area for now. you are clearly only doing this for your own personal enjoyment. yet, you have posted the pictures on the official Eidos forum using the Eidos logo. i don't think your intent is bad but the effect could be misleading. if you are going to display your work in public, it might be wiser not to make an association to official Eidos or CD trademarks.

i under your desire for authenticity. so couldn't you have your work verified as authentic by Prof. Eddington from the Avalon Studies Institute, or something like that? i'm not knocking you, just concerned ...
:cool:

Rachie
26th Jun 2008, 04:03

That is seriously under the belt. That's just not on and it wasn't needed. Are you trying to say he's TOO OLD for TR?? Or TOO OLD to make amazing sculptures with clay??

It's clearly a hobby of theirs, so please be nice and respect their fine work.

Good job, Dais-vs-Lara! It's truely fantastic. :thumbsup: :D

Kami
26th Jun 2008, 05:39
Great work!

Joeyedinburgh
26th Jun 2008, 08:28

Hey dude, Im 27 and on 'this thing'.... Geez. Nothing wrong with being a loyal fan... Oh and yes I have a life too... I think?! lol

Oh and Well Done with that Ghalali Key replica DvL its awesome. I was gonna ask immediately whewre I could order one and read you made it yourself. Thats Gr8 craftsmanship. Keep up the good work, maybe you could create a space with all your work, would be interesting to see?!

Spong
26th Jun 2008, 15:08
Thanks for the picture of the certificate DvL, it's a perfect compliment to the Ghalali Key. In terms of Eidos or Crystal Dynamics waving a "naughty naughty" finger at you, I agree with Rabid, for the purposes of your own edification, I think you should be okay.

Dais-vs-Lara
26th Jun 2008, 15:40
thank you all for tho's great compliments !
for the one who don't know , i'm a woman ( youngwoman i know ) hahaha :p , someone sayd '' he '' :lol:
p.s you can call me all Daisy that's a little bit easyer than my nickname :)
i know it's dangerous ,
i already was thinking to not put the certificate on the forum
Rabid, you're absolutly right, and it's very nice that you concern about it :)
but what exacly do you mean with :
couldn't you have your work verified as authentic by Prof. Eddington from the Avalon Studies Institute, or something like that?
does it excist , ''eddington from the avalon studies''
that you mean that someone make a certificate for me for the Ghalali Key ?
that realy would be awsome but i don't know how i need to do that
p.s sorry for my bad english ,
i think i will email Eidos about it but wich email is that ?
i even could send a letter ,:) to let them know .
it would be great to make all the artefacts , specially the dagger of xian
( was my first game :) ) but very very difficuld to make
realy THANK YOU SO MUCH for the compliments and the very nice messages
and thanks for giving me right instead of darcy
i don't know why he sayd that :(
i feel quit very shame becous of the certificate but i don't know what to do :(
i hope Eidos don't get mad becous i'm a huge fan and didn't want to be iligal:(
maybe i can make one more for Eidos ?
xxxxxx with many hugs !
Daisy
p.s this are my 2 statue's ( bust ) i made when i was 15 hope you like them to :)
one is of TR movie and one of TR 2
the second pic is of my lifesize from TR2 , the base was black ( someone already painted it :( )
so i made stones of clay on it and the sign of that dragon :)
http://i26.tinypic.com/2hfuu80.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/23jl3dk.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/1zme1ch.jpg

TwinPistols
26th Jun 2008, 16:04
Daisy, your Ghalali Key is AWESOME! Don't you want to to sell me one=?:D (I'm kidding)
Oh, and Darcy, BTW, are you a Tomb Raider fan? 'Cause a Tomb Raider fan never have TR enough and at least give a opinion with respect.

Dais-vs-Lara
26th Jun 2008, 16:33
Daisy, your Ghalali Key is AWESOME! Don't you want to to sell me one=?:D (I'm kidding)
Oh, and Darcy, BTW, are you a Tomb Raider fan? 'Cause a Tomb Raider fan never have TR enough and at least give a opinion with respect.

haha,
it would be great to sell becous a lot of people would like it to have it to
( on a other TR forum people askt it to )
but i think Eidos don't want that , or i'll first need to ask for acceptation
maybe if people sign or ask Eidos alot , i could work with Eidos for a view Ghalali keys
only that's a big dream and i think it wont come out ;)
xxxxx and thank you very very much for you're compliments! :)

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
26th Jun 2008, 16:44
Hello everyone :D
i made the Ghalali Key from TR Legend with clay ,
the same size as in the game and many details like the green and white chirstals .
i did quit long about it :eek: ...
she finds the Ghalali Key in the burned down plane in nepal .
i even made a Certificate for it with '' lara's '' autograph :p
i'm 17 years old now , but i always ( as i can remember ) was busy with drawing or working with clay or painting etc.
i hope you like the 2 pics :)
p.s sorry for my bad english :mad2:
XXX
http://i27.tinypic.com/omce1.jpg
http://i25.tinypic.com/15d9820.jpg

wow, you really have a gift. :D :D

Spong
26th Jun 2008, 16:51
Hey Daisy :)

Those busts are just as good as your Ghalali Key. I love that little bit of hair on the Lara from the movie, it's sooo right.

As for your worries about Eidos, I'm sure that if there was a real problem you'd hear about it in this thread. There are a number of the staff on this forum who have direct connections to Eidos and they'd be able to let you know ;)

And a question to you (or anyone who can answer) about that life-size statue. How many of them were made? I ask because had my picture taken with an exact replica (same pose and everything) at a computer show some years ago.

Dais-vs-Lara
26th Jun 2008, 17:17
Hey Daisy :)

Those busts are just as good as your Ghalali Key. I love that little bit of hair on the Lara from the movie, it's sooo right.

As for your worries about Eidos, I'm sure that if there was a real problem you'd hear about it in this thread. There are a number of the staff on this forum who have direct connections to Eidos and they'd be able to let you know ;)

And a question to you (or anyone who can answer) about that life-size statue. How many of them were made? I ask because had my picture taken with an exact replica (same pose and everything) at a computer show some years ago.

hey Spong ,
there are 500 worldwide ,
p.s of TR 4 and TR aod lifesize are fakes made !
and they still selling them ( on ebay )
you can regenise that by fakes the ponytail is stuck on the model ( by real ones you can put the ponytail off )
and very very badley painted , by the holsters they're stuck aswell
so please look out i had one of TR 4 i selld it and later i buyd this one
( i always wanted this one for ages :D )
xxxx

Dais-vs-Lara
26th Jun 2008, 17:26
Hey dude, Im 27 and on 'this thing'.... Geez. Nothing wrong with being a loyal fan... Oh and yes I have a life too... I think?! lol

Oh and Well Done with that Ghalali Key replica DvL its awesome. I was gonna ask immediately whewre I could order one and read you made it yourself. Thats Gr8 craftsmanship. Keep up the good work, maybe you could create a space with all your work, would be interesting to see?!

thank you very very much for you're compliments !:
it would be great to work with Eidos to make some Ghalali keys
but thats a BIG dream and i think it wont come true :(
i put all my work on one thread on another TR forum: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=2814439&posted=1#post2814439

if i have new objects i will put it on that thread but here aswell :)
xxx many hugs,
Daisy

rabid metro
27th Jun 2008, 03:18
... does it excist , ''eddington from the avalon studies'' ...

ermmm ... i just made that up.
all of your sculpting is sooo cool.
not just the shapes but the painting also.

think about this ... you can go one of two different ways with your work:

1. seek official status from Eidos/CD so that you can use their logos ...
--- personally, I wouldn't bother with this option. you have wonderful fan art and it doesn't need to be official, so consider option two.

2. call it "Authentic Daisy Art in tribute to Lara Croft and Tomb Raider".
--- you're not an agent of either Eidos or CD so just drop that reference since it unnecessarily complicates the issue. what you have is wonderful fan art and it should be recognized as "authentic Daisy-made". nobody can stop (or top) that ...

btw, i have a hunch that TRU is going to give you a bunch of new ideas ...

franiqueblack
27th Jun 2008, 04:30
omg DvL!!! u r soooo a dedicated fan!! i love the sculptures u did, both TR 2 and TR movie figurines.they look so completely neat. keep up the good work. Wonder if i could get that Ghalali Key that u made. ;)

Dais-vs-Lara
27th Jun 2008, 10:39
ermmm ... i just made that up.
all of your sculpting is sooo cool.
not just the shapes but the painting also.

think about this ... you can go one of two different ways with your work:

1. seek official status from Eidos/CD so that you can use their logos ...
--- personally, I wouldn't bother with this option. you have wonderful fan art and it doesn't need to be official, so consider option two.

2. call it "Authentic Daisy Art in tribute to Lara Croft and Tomb Raider".
--- you're not an agent of either Eidos or CD so just drop that reference since it unnecessarily complicates the issue. what you have is wonderful fan art and it should be recognized as "authentic Daisy-made". nobody can stop (or top) that ...

btw, i have a hunch that TRU is going to give you a bunch of new ideas ...

heey ,
that's a great idea Rabid !! :D:thumbsup:
i have send Eidos an email to ,
just to let see what i made .
and to ask if i could sell some ghalali keys becous so many people ask it
it will be a LOT of work becous every single ghalali key will be by hand and not copy:eek:
so if it''s legal and i did get a acceptation, it will be VERY limited haha:p
p.s thank you all for those nice compliments! :)
xxxx with many hugs ,
Daisy

hummingbird87
28th Jun 2008, 05:36
Wow that looks awaesome!:D It actaully looks like the key and the way you framed it with that other picture makes it look like real Tomb Raider Memeorobilia.

LaraCroftRox
3rd Jul 2008, 10:05

That was really mean. Why say that? That sculpture is great by the way! :D