PDA

View Full Version : Deus Ex 1 Ladder!

¤[ß2S]¤Sürvívë
25th Jun 2008, 15:50
Yes, it's true, Deus Ex now has a ladder!

It's been long and people have been waiting, and it's finally open.

If you would like to join the 0-augged or ATDM ladder, please register and create a team at http://crosshair-league.com

Cheers for reading, and if you join, good luck! :D

Dan

AgnosticJive
25th Jun 2008, 21:42
AWESOME!!!!!!

okay,not really...I feel bad for you people that play multiplayer on a game that is close to 10 years old...I'll stick to CoD 4.

AaronJ
26th Jun 2008, 02:15
And above you'll see one of our DX pessimists. Our experts predict they don't predate anything before Crysis. And where did they come from, how did they get here, and most importantly, why? Nobody knows...

WhatsHisFace
26th Jun 2008, 03:09
AWESOME!!!!!!

okay,not really...I feel bad for you people that play multiplayer on a game that is close to 10 years old...I'll stick to CoD 4.

Try killing people by leaning into them in CoD4. Doesn't work. In Deus Ex, it does (did).

DXeXodus
26th Jun 2008, 03:54
Can you throw knives in Call of Duty 4? Um :scratch: NO! case closed :)

AgnosticJive: The people that post in these forums should be true Deus Ex fans of all forms. Multiplayer is one of those forms. Secondly, Deus Ex is 8 years old and the MP is younger. Thirdly, don't 'feel bad' for someone for playing the game that they love.

AgnosticJive
26th Jun 2008, 05:00
I feel bad because they are playing an extremely outdated game (and yes, 8 years IS in fact close to 10) with a maximum of what, 2000 other players globally? Subtract those in extremely different time zones, those with horrible internet connections, etc.... You're playing said outdated multiplayer with the same 25 people daily on private servers which probably suck...sorry I can't throw knifes...but what I can do is play ranked games with more than the same 25 people when they all happen to be online.

...and GlobalNode, you're kinda like a one trick pony...without a trick. Your sentence doesn't make much sense (i.e. "Our experts predict they don't predate anything before Crysis.") and how exactly am I a "DX pessimist" again?

addendum: out of curiousity I went to the website...WOW! OVER 100 PLAYERS! I actually was mildly impressed about the CS shindig until I realized again, it's a private league. At least play on a CAL team, anyone can be CAL-O.

Oraiel
26th Jun 2008, 08:16
AgnosticJive, if you don't see the point of Deus Ex MP then why bother posting? You can happily continue playing CoD 4 and these guys can play Deus Ex MP, no need for you to post and come across as a bit of an idiot. Personally I enjoy newer games like CoD 4, Halo 3, Team Fortress 2 but I also love Deus Ex MP :) Different games with different gameplay, just because a game is old doesn't mean it has bad gameplay.

~~

Anyway, I might join that thing, looks pretty interesting.

stokesy131
26th Jun 2008, 19:49
i dont see why people dont do what i do

play DX online sometimes and play CoD4 online sometimes ,

Kevyne-Shandris
2nd Jul 2008, 03:47
AgnosticJive, if you don't see the point of Deus Ex MP then why bother posting?

What I'm thinking not only about MP.

But a ladder for DX?

...Warm fuzzies all over...

It's been a long while since I played DX MP (4 years), and the last time I was on, someone modded the game to be riding a rocket. There is no Punkbuster or anything in the game to prevent cheating, so a ladder seems strange in that regard -- unless it's he who can mod the best wins. }:>